• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Don't Get Bashed - Results on post #736 (default top of page 50)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I just wanna say tak that I really respect the time and effort you put into the community for others, your a great guy.

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
I have just recently been given the news that my family (not including yourd truly) will be on holidays somewhere around December 4. This will mean a second Wumborama. Those of you who were in the scene in '08 and attended (Jei, Redact, Bryan, Cao, Amaterasu, X, Devil, Ice K and several more) will remember an awesome meet with 5 setups, much drinking and X passing out on the couch.

Since my home will be practically vacant, I will be able to have people stay the night, however numbers will be limited. Jei and Conor get first preference. And rules are, if you intend on staying the night, you need to bring your own sleeping gear. If you don't intend on sleeping, you're welcome to Smash 'til Dawn.

This will be a primarily Brawl meet, but I welcome set ups for melee if you bring your own TVs. Speaking of which, if people could bring their own TVs, that'd be amazing. I'll start a thread once I have a set date.

For now, who's interested?
well i said somewhere round december 4 so i assumed he meant that weekend...

Dekar289

Smash Hero
soo much coming up
mikul10, tak10.5, womborama 2, conor monthly, respawn
hopefully a miracle occurs and no clashes lol

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
congratulations conor, by using the most overused and easiest joke in the world, you have achieved a state of forever winning ten times.

I am proud of you son.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Sorry guys no Wumborama. Family have financial situation going on so they aren't going. Rage.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
leisha's house all weekend!
confirmed: - leisha
- dekar
30 spots left, book fast

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
Still going ahead on the 28th, with Cao, Dekar, Redact, Earla and Jei interested!

I'll be providing some snacks and drinks but please do bring your own and a couple of tvs if you guys can.

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
I think that people can stay over but you guys will have to leave fairly early the next day, about 8am, and there's an 8:30 train that can take you back to melbourne.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
I thought that was a Sunday...
I should be able to go this time. Get back from Queensland a few days beforehand, so should be all good.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
excellente, since i live in knox again

edit: added to the prioritised tourney listings

Dekar289

Smash Hero
Check the opening post on the first page of this thread! All the rules are there.
If you have any questions about anything at all, feel free to ask.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
actually if you LOSE then you counterpick.

before the first match begins, player 1 strikes (temporarily bans) a neutral stage. then player 2 strikes 2 more neutral stages. then player 1 strikes 1 more neutral stage, leaving only 1 neutral left, which is played on for the first match.

let's say player 1 wins match 1. player 1 now picks 2 stages to BAN (player 2 cannot pick these stages for the entirety of the set). Then player 2 picks a stage.

eg:
P1: okay, rock paper scissors let's go
(player 2 wins rock paper scissors)
P2: okay I strike final destination
P1: i'll get rid of yoshi's story and dreamland 64
P2: fountain of dreams it is (they striked battlefield)
(player 2 wins)
P1: what do you ban?
P2: brinstar and final destination
P1: okay, pokemon stadium.

note that all character selection is done AFTER stage has been picked (winner of previous match picks character first)
for the neutral, if both players can't agree on a character matchup then you must do a "double blind", where you both whisper to someone who you're going to pick, and you can't change no matter what.

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
i have a spare tv that i am going to donate to CW. If someone is willing to take it off my hands at DGB then ill bring the tv, if not ill just bring it to the first CW tourney

Zxv

Smash Lord
Okay, I'm looking at tickets for this atm. How do I use Jetstar's pricematch thing?

Also, who wants to house me (and maybe Ted and some other Sydney, I'll talk to them later) for Saturday night and Sunday night?

Top Bottom