• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] BAM6 announced, May 9-11 2014! Congrats to Dekar, SD and Shaya!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
you can adapt from one game to the next not just stock to stock
if you lose coz u got cg'd once then you can figure out ur opponent or whatever and not let it happen next game
having 1 stock bo5's doesn't change your ability to evolve throughout the set.

this is a rly dumb conversation when there's still ppl looking for housing and making plans
U wanna get some ppl to put their heads together to organise some exhibitions? no1 says anything
1 stock for Brawl Singles and it's NOT GONNA CHANGE? +3 pages on thread
Not change fundamentally perhaps, but lessen.

Anyway, it somewhat bothers me that it's turning somewhat ad hominem (it happens a lot on the aus boards :() but regardless, if people want to interject and say they have housing then I don't see anything stopping them from doing so. The lack of offers for housing is probably because those people are short on housing facilities rather than they're unwilling to intrude on a discussion being made. :/

SethT

Smash Ace
Since the events this weekend It might be a bit late (sorry I didn't even think about it) but if someones really desperate for housing and can bring swag or something and doesn't mind catching a train out to point cook, they can crash @ mine.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i believe the only 100% confirmed exhibitions for friday night are the state crew battles for both games

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yer not necessarily top 5
but there's an act contigent... and

you know what **** it, qld and nsw have dropped the ball yet again with lack of attendance
they're welcome to come and help create and enjoy a national smash tournament with aus's biggest melee scene at anytime
for now, for bam, we're looking at 60+ entrants for melee singles alone, so we'll just enjoy that ourselves

for now, thanks for coming anyway syke, hope you enjoy your stay

let's just get that surprise vs the world thing going imo
lol

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
cause n.s.w and vic always attended the qld majors like buttonsmash...................................

p.s ..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Cause this is timed so well in regard to the uni semester in which the majority of smashers are students, riiiiiight...........
also why would i go to this instead of shadowloo

Jamwa

Smash Champion
I think we should go back to sanicball. It's what the people want.

Anyway someone team with me in P:M.

Remember, you want the Squirtle on your side.

Last edited:

S.D

Smash Master
I'd be playing for interstate with Zac and idk if anyone else is even coming.

@ Dekar289 Dekar289 to be fair VIC rarely ever travels to OOS events anymore, so it isn't hugely surprising that we don't see a great deal of interstate attendance at our tournaments. I'm hoping to start some discussion about creating a legitimate national circuit to address this for 2015, however I think we should wait until we see what happens with ACL.

I think a crew battle is still a good exhibition, we just need another concept... any ideas?
City vs Country? Spacies v floaties? Draft crews (PCG v Miles re-re-run? or Dekar v Syke crew).

I'll do a $50 MM or something if anyone is game - or we could put something on the line like some of the better US exhibition matches - like the right to use a certain colour of character or the right to be called "bobby" between Bob$ and Scar. I'll blue fox match atticus or something idk.

Last edited:

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
why only friendlies? there really won't be much of that going on anyway...

Cause this is timed so well in regard to the uni semester in which the majority of smashers are students, riiiiiight...........
also why would i go to this instead of shadowloo
truth.

the tourney is primarily run by the FGC, which is generally a much older crowd. We've always had the same timing issues, unfortunately.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
New smash will inevitably bring an influx of new players like brawl did, hopefully bringing with it people willing to travel interstate.

Believe me before I had kids I traveled more than anyone, people have commitments and other expenses so there really shouldn't be any judgment for lack of interstate attendance.

I want to go to every qld tourney ever. I cry every time there is one held there.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
oh right...I never got a straight answer from you Sam. Did you want to team in PM?
I don't know what's going on lol

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I used to travel, but Melbourne has the ****tiest weather (traveling to QLD has always been infinitely funner for this very reason) and you guys don't travel either! (Said this one a billion times, but there's still the comment or two every "Melb biggie" how interstaters don't travel and it grinds my hypocrisy sensors so hard it hurts)

Either way.
I'm like a 75% chance of coming right now.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Tin was going to team with apollo, and if I was to go under that assumption I was going to ask you to team Splice :{
But apparently apollos a no go, and if I go I'd team with tinman, and if I don't go, tin and maybe a car for ACT won't go.

There's still like 8 ACT people traveling down for this with only 3ish people with housing. Plans are getting tight and decisions are needing to be made :|

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
But yeah uhh, talking about interstaters and non-attendance - Well, there are 7 interstaters (including myself) looking for housing, with two cars between them and no one other than attila willing/able to help out.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
OMG INTERSTATERS SO LAZY
no wait that's a pretty legit john, good luck

S.D

Smash Master
dafuq CT scan/surgery? Wtf is wrong with you?

Edit: Apparently Syke has gangreen seeping into his brain via wisdom teeth affecting his ability to CG.

Last edited:

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
How are things looking for setups? I have Melee and a GC but no CRT.

Also I haven't unlocked Dream Land yet :/

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
If I end up coming (which I can confirm over the next couple of hours) that's one more person you can add to crews.. haha
Also are there any ranked players left that still need a teammate across all 3 games?

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
New smash will inevitably bring an influx of new players like brawl did, hopefully bringing with it people willing to travel interstate.

Believe me before I had kids I traveled more than anyone, people have commitments and other expenses so there really shouldn't be any judgment for lack of interstate attendance.

I want to go to every qld tourney ever. I cry every time there is one held there.
I'm looking forward to smash 4 so much for this very reason. Fresh meat blood is really healthy for the growth of the community and vampires.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
How are things looking for setups? I have Melee and a GC but no CRT.
definitely bring it if you can!
don't worry about unlocks, we can always grab a memory card from another setup and use that save on the day

Dekar289

Smash Hero
are there any more people that you know of that are competing in brawl or is that all there is for brawl???
everyone who pre-registered for brawl is on that list.
there are bound to be a few more entrants who register on the day of the tournament.

Last edited:
Top Bottom