• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] BAM6 announced, May 9-11 2014! Congrats to Dekar, SD and Shaya!

KECTULF

Smash Rookie
Well I may just have a solution for yo problems ;) hit me up on Facebook. Time to put my broad shoulders to use >:3

Skeletom

Smash Journeyman
I know i'm late so i'll keep this short and sweet.

Shoutouts to:
Attila: thanks for running the show. If you need a hand with anything just let me know because i only ever enter melee.
Tak: great set, when you step it up you really step it up
Redx: i always look forward to playing sets against you because they're always pretty tight.
Dekar: that reverse bair -> bair -> tipper literally made my jaw drop.
Atticus: im glad you're getting keen again, i look forward to playing you more.
1&%: keep getting better man, you've definitely got potential you just need to play more people and get match up experience/knowledge.
meredyse: was awesome meeting you, keep it up.
Freddoe: You really surprised me in pools. Great to see you're getting back into it. very interested to see you at more tourneys.

I've left a lot of people out but you don't need a shoutout to know how much fun i had with you all.

I'll catch everyone either at the next meet or SS.

Meredy

The Busterina
Sorry for the wall of text. I just have a lot to say here and I'd love for you all to know me better.

I seriously want to thank you guys for being so god damned welcoming. Truth be told, after day one, I was really pissed off at myself. April was one of, if not the worst months of my life, and it carried over hard into May. BAM was the only thing I had left, and knowing it was around the corner was the only thing that kept me going. From February through till the end of March, I set my goal to win one tournament set. After **** completely hit the fan and I had nothing else going for me, and in a fit of rage and motivation, I said to Sw0rds, "I'm gonna win this whole damn thing. Give me all the big names, I don't care." I needed this. I eventually calmed down and realised how unrealistic I was being, so I set my goal to make it into bracket.

I failed.

Day two was actually really hard on me. More than I thought it would be.

Sure, I met so many awesome people and I was treated like a friend, but along with it, I kinda felt like I was being babied a little. I've got nothing but praise for playing with my disability, but if I wasn't disabled and played exactly the way I did, I wouldn't be considered nearly as good.

I loved the entire weekend, yeah. I met people who I can tell I'm gonna be great friends with, yeah. But I'm a pessimist, and I dwell on the bad parts. I still scold myself for my set with Tommy, whom I probably would've beaten if it weren't for all the suicides. (No offense Tommy).

I say all of this because, even after what was probably the best weekend of my life, I still feel like garbage, the only thing keeping me going now is Shadowloo.

Splice

Smash Hero

Sure, I met so many awesome people and I was treated like a friend, but along with it, I kinda felt like I was being babied a little. I've got nothing but praise for playing with my disability, but if I wasn't disabled and played exactly the way I did, I wouldn't be considered nearly as good.
Nah you took at least a stock off me in some of the games we played, so that's pretty respectable. When I've been attending events for 5 years and this is (as far as I know) your first proper smash tournament, that is actually unexpected for me.
A large percentage of the new players would have been met by similair expressions, because so many of these people who have only started attending this year don't have a scrub approach to the game and have actually grinded and tapped into some skill. It's good to see people with potential joining the scene, like Touko and 1&% for example, as well as yourself, from my own experience.

Playing with your disability was definitely interesting and impressive in it's own right, for some people, but personally I remove that from what's going on in the game and it's that fact that I could see you making bracket at a big event that is praise worthy for me. That said, good on you for figuring out a way (and adapting to it) to participate in the best game ever, despite your disability.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Sorry for the wall of text. I just have a lot to say here and I'd love for you all to know me better.

I seriously want to thank you guys for being so god damned welcoming. Truth be told, after day one, I was really pissed off at myself. April was one of, if not the worst months of my life, and it carried over hard into May. BAM was the only thing I had left, and knowing it was around the corner was the only thing that kept me going. From February through till the end of March, I set my goal to win one tournament set. After **** completely hit the fan and I had nothing else going for me, and in a fit of rage and motivation, I said to Sw0rds, "I'm gonna win this whole damn thing. Give me all the big names, I don't care." I needed this. I eventually calmed down and realised how unrealistic I was being, so I set my goal to make it into bracket.

I failed.

I loved the entire weekend, yeah. I met people who I can tell I'm gonna be great friends with, yeah. But I'm a pessimist, and I dwell on the bad parts. I still scold myself for my set with Tommy, whom I probably would've beaten if it weren't for all the suicides. (No offense Tommy).

I say all of this because, even after what was probably the best weekend of my life, I still feel like garbage, the only thing keeping me going now is Shadowloo.
Everyone starts low buddy. Pp was getting 4 stocked as mario at locals, Mango getting whooped as puff and m2k was only good after investing thousands of hours into the exact intricates of the game.

Whilst you definitely have a disadvantage you're already doing well regardless of that. You are ahead of the curve already and the best way to take advantage of that is to push through the pain of losing again and again to become the best. Youll find players in our scene who want to win so badly you get the emotional outburst after a loss. Wether it be smashing controllers, breaking down in tears or simply not talking to anyone youll find players including myself who want to win so badly it hurts us, and thats exactly why each of us keep playing too.

We just want to win. If you want to win too you just need to keep going. Giving up means you can never win, but trying again and again and again and again and trying harder every single time is the way you get there.

Being a pessimist can be good, it makes it harder to get complacent. Some players are just happy as they are, some players just look for the small improvements. I know lots of players would be happy in my spot. I beat atticus for the first time in 2 years and came 3rd with a decent set with s.d

**** that

I want to win. 3rd is not winning. Beating atticus is not coming 1st. I want to be known as the guy to beat and the guy that always wins.

You're in a prime position and don't even think about giving up because that's never the way you win.

**** randall **** losing ss2k14 is mine

Last edited:

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Canberra and I had a good time in Melbourne :D. Looking forward to Shadowloo Showdown V myself. Hopefully I'll have more time to take a look around the city!

Not gonna do a full shoutouts or anything cuz I got a massive to do list to tackle but thanks to everyone who hollered at me during the weekend. GGs all around, not a dull set in any game, and I'll be stronger next time of course ;)

Callibar

Smash Rookie
BAM was my first ever smash tournament and I was surprised how nice all of you guys were! Although I didn't do to well (was expected anyway), I had a great weekend and learnt so much. Can't wait to see meet you guys again at Shadowloo Showdown and properly introduce myself! Thanks to all the people who played casuals with me as well. Don't know to many names but you might remember me :D

S.D

Smash Master
BAM was my first ever smash tournament and I was surprised how nice all of you guys were! Although I didn't do to well (was expected anyway), I had a great weekend and learnt so much. Can't wait to see meet you guys again at Shadowloo Showdown and properly introduce myself! Thanks to all the people who played casuals with me as well. Don't know to many names but you might remember me :D
Hey Callibar - glad you enjoyed the tourney! I played you in PM (bracket and friendlies) with Pit. Your Sonic was rad dude! Sorry I played a cheap character and got silly 80% up b kills. Hope to see you at some more meets and tournaments - thanks for the matches.

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
I remember playing friendlies with a P:M Sonic main on Sunday. Was that you? I used C.Falcon, and Ganondorf that chaingrabbed until over 50%.

Callibar

Smash Rookie
Thanks S.D was fun playing with you! I have to improve so much but I have been practicing getting pumped up for Shadowloo Showdown. I played so many friendlies throughout the weekend I'm not to sure but you probably did play against me :D Where do most of the meets happen? Would love to get in on them to meet a bunch of people and learn some new things. I live in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne so if anything is happening around there just message me and I will try my best to get there :D

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
Thanks S.D was fun playing with you! I have to improve so much but I have been practicing getting pumped up for Shadowloo Showdown. I played so many friendlies throughout the weekend I'm not to sure but you probably did play against me :D Where do most of the meets happen? Would love to get in on them to meet a bunch of people and learn some new things. I live in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne so if anything is happening around there just message me and I will try my best to get there :D
The Facebook group is the place to look for meets

S.D

Smash Master
Join this Facebook group

Top Bottom