• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] BAM6 announced, May 9-11 2014! Congrats to Dekar, SD and Shaya!

Noxus

Smash Cadet
@ Splice Splice great post your passion for the game is quite admirable and in putting all that time and effort in you have greatly improved. You do defiantly have the ability to beat anyone in Aus and with the dedication you put into this game i wont be surprised if you place at the very top. You have taught me heaps about the game and and helped me get into the scene (shoutouts to bus for that as well). So i thank you good sir!
I need you to train me so in the future i do not get surpri5ed.

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
1&%: Falco wrecks Falcon and I know the matchup and you probably wouldn't know Falco too well. The bopping you received in pools really wasn't an accurate display of what you can do and I could tell. Was great to vs. you in teams, you worked quite well with Jei.
I knew I lost my pools match against you, I wasn't able to adapt to other people's setups (messed up tech skill / inputs so much). Never played against real competent players until Friday so no Falco experience; CPU Falco is obviously a gimmick in comparison.

Ganondorf is a trash character and with a Falcon as good as yours I'd leave Ganon for friendlies. He will only bring you tears and regret in tournament, especially on PAL Melee where he sucks tremendously.
I forgot about PAL Ganon being worse then NTSC form, I did regret that decision, I flubbed more inputs with the Ganon lol. I still can't believe me and Jei won the first match. I panicked after the ban on FD and didn't think it properly.

Btw I read the whole post, was a good read. P:M is my main game I play so I hope we can Vs sometime.

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
Immense gratitude to Attila for taking up the selfless mantle of TO and running a great tournament.

Reading this thread has started to bother me about how complacent I've become. At some point other things in life took priority and I stopped putting in any real effort to improve, instead just started to enjoy the usual 'decent' placings I can get by just rocking up to tournaments. Now I've started to slip behind players around me who've been putting in the work.

The scene is really thriving again with tons of new blood. I'm feeling inspired by the next generation of ambitious contenders pushing into the second tier, where some of us have sat comfy for a bit too long. I'm getting pulled back to that mindset where maintaining 3rdish isn't enough - I want the crown.

Basty

Smash Ace
Dekar will be the one to break the streak. It has been prophesied by the town of Boronia and rest of the universe's and multiverses that Dekar (Sting) will break S.D's (Undertaker) streak on the grandest smash stage of them all, BAM 6 (Wrestlemania). Dekar will be the one in 2-1. Dekar will become a grand slam Smash/Melee champion. He will also bring "More Hype More Dollar". #YearOfDekar
Shoutouts to Surprise for that guess.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Complacency has been the death of many great Empires :p
Unless you're referring to some other quirk of fate.

Something I probably didn't mention before, at the least not highlighted enough.
Thanks to everyone who supported, cheered and even gave me coaching advice throughout the end of Brawl Singles and also in PM Singles and doubles! My rivals and my friends, its great we're both.

Last edited:

KECTULF

Smash Rookie
Thoughts on streaming

I think we should fend for ourselves when it comes to streaming, I shouldn't have to bug interstate visitors just so we can get our matches and atmosphere recorded and streamed. I'll start budgeting for the proper equipment.
Honestly I have no issues doing streams for you guys. I am trying to build a name for myself and the passion and support I received from you guys makes my time spent worthwhile. I'm proud to help bring more exposure to one of the hardest working scenes in aus!

Atilla hit me up on Facebook (search Aaron Tulf Keepetclassy) and we'll talk about a full weekend stream for SS and other cool stuff :3

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
The only issue i see is that Aaron you might not be available every time we have something worth streaming. This makes plasia's suggestion appealing and we'd still be able to take advantage of keepetclassy for the big events

KECTULF

Smash Rookie
You speak the truth there friend XD
I'll try to make it to all smash events! I'll be at all fighting game majors in general anyway. After all the love I just wanna do something special at ss for you guys <3

S.D

Smash Master
To me it feels like something 'worth streaming' is really reliant on having some kind of viewership. If we plan to stream anything in future we need to advertise it better and well in advance. 20 viewers doesn't really justify a stream imo, especially when you look at the work involved.

KECTULF

Smash Rookie
The amount of viewers at the time is irrelevant to me. If you look at my channel i have over 30k views. If a major is streamed and you only have 40 people watching that's fine. However if you keep the professional level no matter how many people are viewing more people get engaged over time. I want to bring a new level of steaming with commentary and production values to all fighting games including smash :D

That's why I want to get ss organised nice and early so people know it is going to be up and running and watchable ahead of time

Meredy

The Busterina
The amount of viewers at the time is irrelevant to me. If you look at my channel i have over 30k views. If a major is streamed and you only have 40 people watching that's fine. However if you keep the professional level no matter how many people are viewing more people get engaged over time. I want to bring a new level of steaming with commentary and production values to all fighting games including smash :D

That's why I want to get ss organised nice and early so people know it is going to be up and running and watchable ahead of time
And hopefully no black and white Melee at SS either.

Hughie

Smash Lad
I'm also pretty sure that the sudden stream was also a big factor of the lack of viewers, I'm sure if we advertise/hype it up we'll get a larger number of stream viewers. We did create a thread and post to reddit about the stream, but the majority off viewers were QLDers, NSWers and people who left BAM early. If we can get maybe a link to our stream on the Shadowlogic stream at SS like they did at GOML with VGBC being the main stream and EMG being the secondary stream, with VGBC having EMG's stream link somewhere on the screen.
We can get those viewer numbers easily.

Last edited:

CallMeRedX

Smash Rookie
So i couldn't be bothered going through the motions of finding out my password and resetting it ect, so i just made a new account.

Before shout outs I have to agree that i was in the same mindset as Atticus for the last year or so, except i wasn't even putting in the effort to attend events, but with this new wave of smashers and not performing better in BAM im going to be putting significantly more time into smash and improving in every aspect of the game.

Attila - Great job on running the tournament, i was glad you picked up the community/getting shredded for stereo award, running multiple games over 2days is no easy feat but it seemed like you had everything under control.

Dekar - Congrats on winning melee man, for once it seemed like you actually cared and put effort into winning a tourney instead of just coasting through till GF and playing falcon in a poor matchup.
Your set Vs SD in GF was amazing to watch from both sides, even if your marth gimps hurt me abit inside.

SD - Congrats on winning PM and coming second in melee, i feel your thought process and tech skill are really far ahead of the Australian scene, which makes you extremely entertaining and informative to watch.
Good friendlies we had too, i really want to get a solid 5/6 hours in soonish just cause i feel i can learn so much from the way you approach and play the game.

Tom - FKKKKK BRO, Congrats on beating me and coming 4th, i feel like our matches can really go either way and you came out on top that set, also FK joey and our teams choke lol, im up for teaming with you next tourney

Bus - Thanks for letting me crash at your place, its not easy having 4 people crash in your house all weekend, but its just a testament to that fact that your one of (if not) the most chillest and coolest people in the scene, i know we give you alot of crap but the truth is your interest and passion have you improving at a scary rate man, keep swegging my friend, and we shall ball out soon.

Splice - I am forever in your debt for showing me wrecking bad, congrats on your placing in PM, and keep working on that falco, but not too much, that things already really good.

Juci - 420 Fedora Antics m8, good times chilling with you and LMAO for taking the bed friday night, i didnt see you play too much so i cant comment on your skill but the ammount of meets you come to is gonna do wonders for you.

Tak - The reason i hated playing you before was you were so nihilistic and bored when you played, but it seems like you've found the melee spirit again which is awesome, you better not play s3 or ill murder you.
"Can you help me cause i never know, which eye am i surpassed to look at?"

Noxus - Good chills man, your farts are next level harassment. Also your samus is awesome to watch.

Sebby - I guess i should learn the shiek match-up huh? Goob job on your placing man, i was super impressed and
voted you most improved in melee, your enthusiasm for the game is something im trying to recover.

Haikal - Great to see you man, it sucked that you didnt play your best in out set but MAN WERE YOU KILLING IT IN PM, good job and come back to melb and our disgusting weather more often.

Sir Sammuel L. Blaxxon the 1st - Good matches man, i think if you had played abit more the set really coulda gone either way (c)-Ken2013) but i really enjoy chilling with you more than playing with you, you can blame as dirty peach character for that, but legit come to more meets and shizz, super fun times galore.

Finx, Chris, Hobbs, Jamie - Pools were really really fun this year, to the newer guys dont be discouraged that you lost, cause your a hell of alot better than i was when i started, also jamie if you wanna win stop playing ness LOL

Everyone else i chilled/played but didnt have anything specific to say, GGs.

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Funnily enough, the one stock format thing is now a news article. Might be worth posting about, I did notice Splice mention some very relevant stuff in there already, though as Shaya noted it's probably better for us specifically because we're not quite at the USA level of play. :p

Meredy

The Busterina
On the topic of Shadowloo, should we make a separate discussion thread?

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
Phrase: w0w buddy don't diss P:M it's the only thing I can win games in ITS ALL IVE GOT MAN
I fully don't remember dissing p:m, when was this????? I like p:m..

EDIT: ggs also, your falco is sick

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
I fully don't remember dissing p:m, when was this????? I like p:m..

EDIT: ggs also, your falco is sick
on sunday morning we were playing friendlies and I went to practice some P:M and you said to me "no P:M is bad come back"
I'm sure it was just something to say in passing, I was just jokin' in the shoutout because it ended up being worthwhile practicing some P:M. Good on you for making the trip to BAM hope it was worthwhile, sorry we didn't end up playing more and for not remembering your name was Woodley.

Last edited:

Anders

Smash Rookie
This thread has seriously blown my mind.

I'm insanely disappointed that I've not been in better health as of late and that I wasn't able to make it to BAM. I would've got bopped by most experienced players anyway, but it's awesome to see that so many other people here have the same drive to improve that I do. I swear, if I still feel like **** by the time the next Vic tournament comes around I'm just going to suck it up and go anyway. After reading through this thread I'd be an idiot to miss another one.

Shout outs to every single one of you for coming to this thread to thank each other, congratulate each other, offer tips for improvement, and to show appreciation for the work everybody put in to make it all happen in the first place. It just makes me want to get the **** off netplay and go to meets and tournaments myself.

This community is ****ing amazing.

KECTULF

Smash Rookie
A small excerpt from my BAM wrap-up

Day 2 was very interesting for a few reasons, A: I was Dead tired and B: I ended up doing something amazing which I never thought would happen. First part of the day was Marvel pools, I quickly lost my two matches and was quite quite salty about it. I mistimed and screwed up a few things but didn’t actually play terribly. My neutral game has improved vastly and I actually look forward to competing again but I still went 0-2. This left me with a crazy amount of time. Early on in the day I got approached by a member of the Smash Community and asked if I could Stream their finals for them. Being a helpful person I jumped straight in and BOOM. We had a stream, with commentary for the smashers to enjoy. I ran into hardware problems early but recorded everything locally so I could upload their matches to YouTube later.

The most amazing thing I think I found this day was a new home amongst the Smashers. I have hardly ever met such an amazing group of kind, talented, enthusiastic and hard working group of people. The TO for Smash Attila put on an amazing tournament with high numbers only rivaled by Street Fighter! Everyone was so kind to me even with my hardware failures and screw ups, I plan to help them out in the future with casting and tech setups. I am proud to help such an amazing upcoming scene in Australia, all the best to every Smash Community in Australia! Bring on Smash 4!!

Now unfortunately this took up most of my time on the Sunday so I did not get to participate and hang out as much as I originally planned to but the day still turned out perfect in my eyes!

You can read the rest here: http://keepetclassy.com/bam6-wrap/

DD_

Smash Journeyman
The most amazing thing I think I found this day was a new home amongst the Smashers. I have hardly ever met such an amazing group of kind, talented, enthusiastic and hard working group of people. The TO for Smash Attila put on an amazing tournament with high numbers only rivaled by Street Fighter! Everyone was so kind to me even with my hardware failures and screw ups, I plan to help them out in the future with casting and tech setups. I am proud to help such an amazing upcoming scene in Australia, all the best to every Smash Community in Australia! Bring on Smash 4!!
Seriously, cannot thank you enough for helping us out and putting up with us me on Sunday. I lost count of how many times I knocked the cables or the power boards let alone anyone else. Hope we also didn't seem like complete idiots for commentating even when the stream was obviosuly down hah. Was great working with you and I'm glad you didn't just see it as a huge waste of your trip interstate :D

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
Probably tomorrow/Friday. Depends on how much time I have
This just gets more and more impressive.
First, D34N posts the results ON THE DAY, when we've seen results come like 4 days to a week after the fact, in the past.
But videos within the week? Seldom seen, back in 2009 who knew when the Bendigo boys with their recording gear and wood internet would get material uploaded...

This is crazy guys THE FUTURE IS INSANE

KECTULF

Smash Rookie
Ahhhh. Wow that's quote a compliment. :D

For those in QLD would you be interested in biweekly meets?

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Ahhhh. Wow that's quote a compliment. :D

For those in QLD would you be interested in biweekly meets?
yes

yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyseyseyseyseyseyseyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyseyseyseyseyseyseyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyseyseyseyseyseyseyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyseyseyseyseyseyseyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyseyseyseyseyseyseyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyseyseyseyseyseyseyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyseyseyseyseyseyseyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyseyseyseyseyseyseyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyseyseyseyseyseyseyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyseyseyseyseyseyseyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyseyseyseyseyseyseyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyseyseyseyseyseyse

We're actually hoping to get some biweekly tournaments going, but don't really have a suitable venue yet. Qld Melee is hungry.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Dare i say fiending!
QLD invading this thread

PeoplesChamp PeoplesChamp PeoplesChamp PeoplesChamp PeoplesChamp PeoplesChamp PeoplesChamp PeoplesChamp PeoplesChamp

im out

Top Bottom