• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] BAM6 announced, May 9-11 2014! Congrats to Dekar, SD and Shaya!

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
What qualifies as a P:M setup?
I have custom music (not distracting) and a GCT file edit to make music volumes the same in all stages; the game loads via USB Loader...

Dekar289

Smash Hero
What qualifies as a P:M setup?
I have custom music (not distracting) and a GCT file edit to make music volumes the same in all stages; the game loads via USB Loader...
so.. you have project m
that's a project m setup! :)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
are there any more people that you know of that are competing in brawl or is that all there is for brawl???
everyone who pre-registered for brawl is on that list.
there are bound to be a few more entrants who register on the day of the tournament.
Indeed, or i'd be likely to get 9th again with almost no practice because fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-dge this plasma screen TV that doesn't have the option to turn off that half-second laggy thing. :(

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
I just finished reading the BAM schedule and I just want to make sure this is correct. Is there a doubles pools because on Saturday at 7pm till 8pm it says doubles pools and then on Sunday at 3pm till 4pm it says doubles finals. Is this correct? I just want to make sure.

Last edited:

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
So then what is the actual schedule because I don't know if I can trust the Couchwarriors one. I hope it is in the OP like what Attila did for Shadowloo Showdown.

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
so.. you have project m
that's a project m setup! :)
From Apex ruleset:

* If you want to use your own SD card, a TO must overwrite the important game files (not music) in order to make sure there are no modifications. If you are caught cheating with modified game files, you will be immediately DQed without refund and banned from future events.

I know this isn't Apex but just want to make sure if my setup is okay, I modified my GCT file to normalise BGM volumes.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yeah it's fine, we really aren't that strict regarding custom music or even textures
for us that line is there more to warn people not to excessively mod it with ridiculously distracting/trolly music and textures
thanks for checking

Last edited:

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Geez Syke, hope everything's ok <3

Venue opens at 3 on Friday, bring setups and help anytime after that. Once the venue is completely setup (hopefully by 6?), we'll begin crews and exhibitions.

Random thought: do we want to turn off friendly setups during the exhibitions? The FGC does that to create more hype for their main events. I think it would do us pretty well too.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i think we should turn off our friendly setups during our exhibitions, sure
(assuming it's the same bam setup as usual with all the smash tvs/projector up one end of the venue?)

Last edited:

S.D

Smash Master
Getting everyone to watch would be nice. Even for grand finals half the time there's only like 5 ppl watching everyone else playing friendlies.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Some people go to tournaments for a tournament.

Other people go just because they were blackmailed into it/like hanging out/play brawl with at least somebody. Not much interest in finals :p

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If he was getting his wisdom teeth taken out anytime within a week of the tournament, its probably best he stays home in bed!

Fact they're taking out all 4 at once is huge (or they may do multiple surgeries? that seems more likely), like, Zak's face is going to be wider than a pillow and he won't be able to talk, or move without bumping nerves for a while. Best of luck to you and hope it isn't the worst of ordeals. Like the amount of local anesthetic and scalpel ripping and tearing. Ughh its shudder worthy.

Last edited:

Hughie

Smash Lad
I actually need a Melee doubles partner. As much as I'd like to team with you S.D, you probably want to win so I doubt you'll want to go with me.

Last edited:

Hughie

Smash Lad
I just made a common5.pac for PM that has the BAM6 logo on the character select and all the stage pics showing "BANNED", "COUNTERPICK", "STARTER", etc.

If everyone replaces their common5.pac with this one that will be useful as the current P:M stagelist is not well known. Just to make things easier for everyone.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rbex7bebkc3lezc/BAMcommon5_en.pac

CW supplied me with the logo and they showed interest for the logo being on the character select.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I had to get out one at a time :[
Seeing as apparently they're infected and also being pressured/pushed downwards, I'd assume things won't be easy/breezy, beautiful cover girl.

Last edited:

Tranquility

<3 Yoshi
If he was getting his wisdom teeth taken out anytime within a week of the tournament, its probably best he stays home in bed!

Fact they're taking out all 4 at once is huge (or they may do multiple surgeries? that seems more likely), like, Zak's face is going to be wider than a pillow and he won't be able to talk, or move without bumping nerves for a while. Best of luck to you and hope it isn't the worst of ordeals. Like the amount of local anesthetic and scalpel ripping and tearing. Ughh its shudder worthy.
Is that cos they're infected or what, cos I had 4 of mine out and it didn't even hurt except for when I was trying to eat and even then it wasn't too bad.

S.D

Smash Master

I embarked on a three-day odyssey/move from Gladstone QLD to Morwell VIC two days after getting my wisdoms out. All three of them (I was missing one for some reason).

Harden up Zac.

But srs, YOU MUST RECOVER. Hope it goes well.

Last edited:

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
I called the flight peeps and they said i can reschedule so i might come down in a couple weeks or just wait till shadowloo

P.s thanks for the support and well wishes c:

Last edited:
Top Bottom