• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] 3 Stock'd ~ Melbourne 2010 ~ Nope

tibs7

Smash Champion
is TvC actually out yet here? Coz I really want it. Unless its like press X to do your special move >_>

just got back from hospital and in so much pain! Need moar sympathy haha. And probe another lift from by(curious)lim

Edit: having fd,sv and bf. Is good toby. sv is good for diddy but isn't half as good as fd. now that in Melbourne we are striking 2 stages. Diddy never ever plays on a good stage for him. double-edged sword. also next months tourny we should ps1 in the starters to see how everyone likes it :p

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
is TvC actually out yet here? Coz I really want it. Unless its like press X to do your special move >_>

just got back from hospital and in so much pain! Need moar sympathy haha. And probe another lift from by(curious)lim

Edit: having fd,sv and bf. Is good toby. sv is good for diddy but isn't half as good as fd. now that in Melbourne we are striking 2 stages. Diddy never ever plays on a good stage for him. double-edged sword. also next months tourny we should ps1 in the starters to see how everyone likes it :p
tvc has simple input in terms of doing moves (no double quarters or stuff for super i think) but if its anything like mvc youll still have hard input in terms of how much stuff you have to input so fast, and ontop of that the timing too (unless theres lots of buffer D: )

Vermy

Smash Champion
As always, depends on turnout. If the $5 venue fee is short on covering the cost of the venue, we take what we need out of the pot. But if we get a good turnout and the accumulated venue fee is more than we need, we'll add it to the pot.

Afropony

Smash Lord
I have soccer training on the morning of this tournament from 9:30-11:00 and it'll probably take me 30 minutes to have a shower and get to the venue. Will Ibe able to get there on time for Doubles and Singles?

Vermy

Smash Champion
At this point, we'll be running off roughly the same schedule as last 3Stock'd, so you should be fine. Will all be confirmed once Conor gets back from his bloody holiday.

Who do I talk to about a sexy blue name? =D

Melancholy

Smash Ace
At this point, we'll be running off roughly the same schedule as last 3Stock'd, so you should be fine. Will all be confirmed once Conor gets back from his bloody holiday.

Who do I talk to about a sexy blue name? =D
User CP > Group Memberships > Click Join group for Tournament Directors, then link this thread > Wait for approval > Sexy blue name is now yours.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I paid the venue fee today. Yaaay. I'll be back on.....Wed night I think. So in the mean time EVERYONE PLEASE POST WHAT YOU ARE BRINGING AND VERMY WILL TAKE NOTE OF IT. Thank you.

- C~Dog: 1 wii/1 tv

I also got some new shoes.

EDIT: Burger Fuel is freakin' everywhere man.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I need new shoes, mine are starting to break. =<

Also i'll bring a wii, but i cant take tvs due to being weak, + I dont wanna carry them on the train ;(

Slashpockets

Smash Apprentice
T-REX's low tier encouragement challenge #1! : anyone who can place top 3 in the next tournament using all ike will receive a new copy of fire emblem: radiant dawn from me :)
Tempting. Very tempting. You are the devil trying to tempt me. Stop tempting me with your wicked promises, I'm trying to get in the Sheik groove. You're all gonna see a better Sheik for the future.

Vermy, I would be interested in trying to learn Street Fighter. May I be one of your Pupils?
Also Have you got any form of Tekken on that super fine machine?

Vermy

Smash Champion
I will accept you as a pupil, young padawan.

Tekken is stupid. Easier learning curve than Melty Blood, all. Stupid game by Namco. Good games by Namco are the Soul Calibur Series.

That being said, I'd kill to see a Nintendo VS Marvel VS Capcom VS Namco game.

Vermy

Smash Champion
When you say "coming for me", doe sthis mean all my wild sexual fantasies will come true? =O

Vermy

Smash Champion
You speak big. Little do you know I'm not using Blanka against your Balrog =O

Lube up Siegy-poo, for it is I who will be doing the ******.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol go play the latest tekken, and go play the lastest soul calibur, and then break the soul calibur game, do it.

last good soul calibur was number 2.

Vermy

Smash Champion
No denying it, SC2 was amazing, its why I still own it on cube. But Soul Calibur IV entertains me 10x more than Tekken 6. Just never got into tekken. 5 was ok, 3 was great, but 6 is meh.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Soul Calibur 4 has Amy as a playable character.

I will never hate on it.

Nor any other fighter for that matter.

Cept KOF XII. ****ing **** *** game.

Vermy

Smash Champion
And Darth Vader. Don't care how horrible gameplay etc are, Vader trumps all. <3

That and the character customisation is insane.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Zomg <3 the chara customization in there.

I should play some SC4 again lol.

Vermy

Smash Champion
You have it on Xbox Sieg? If so we can has xbl matches! =O

Also, after a couple calls in the last few days, its come to my attention that we haven't simplified the formula of our tournament. Things like who we are, why we host, and other little FAQs those completely new to the tourney scene need to know.

So i'mma work on a quick "lowdown" image thingymajig to put on the front page.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Voldo and Hilde ftw. Voldo is like a pseudo Blanka. He rolls and growls and has electric bits. =D

For now (especially for you special newbie whose name I still don't know lol) i'll just post this:

Q: Who the Hell are you guys?

A: I'm Vermy, the other bloke who does like 80% of the work is Condog. We're here to f*ck sh*t up. Cajun style.

Q: Why do you host? And where does my money go?

A: We love the game, we love the Smash Community in general. We fund it ourselves, and the charges on the day go straight towards things like venue hire costs, the pot (cash prizes for those who place top 3 in singles and for the top 2 teams). In the future we may set aside some cash for a "Smash Bank", but when that happens we'll let you know.

Q: How old is the average Smasher?

A: Our Smashers are aged between 12 and 25, but of course those over and under those ages are more than welcome.....but if you are a sexual predator, I must warn you. There's mostly dudes and I'm a bit of a crazy person so if you try anything I'll rip out your jugular and come at you like a spider monkey. And my good friend Ugly will stand and look formidable. Grr.

Q: Anything I need to bring?

A: Since our tournaments are self supported, we need as many TV and Wii setups with Brawl as possible. But if you can't do that, bring a controller, $15 for the entry fees (and maybe a little extra for some munchies) and a big ol' smile on yer face. =D

Q: Loser says what?

A: What? .....oh. OHHHHH. I see. I've been tricked to seem like quite the fool for self admission to ridicule. Jolly good.

Q: Do you guys play Super Smash Bros Brawl exclusively at these tourneys?

A: Not entirely. I bring along my entire home PC setup, which has various games already on it (Street Fighter 3rd Strike, Street Fighter 4, Melty Blood: Actress Again, Marvel VS Capcom 2 etc), and a few Smashers bring along Nintendo DS' with games like Mario Party DS, Pokemon and Jump Ultimate Stars. You're free to play them, so long as they don't interfere with the Brawl tourney. Although if you bring a TV with another console (other than wii), we won't take too kindly to it, since we need as many TVs as possible for Brawl to run smoothly. We may run casual side tourney's like Stree Fighter 4 or Soul Calibur 4 in the future.

Q: It's my first tournament what should I expect?

A: Friendly faces, (except mine. Kiddies don't like my face) fierce competition and a veritable human tapestry of Smash encyclopedia at your disposal. I.E. We know our sh*t, ask around about your character and you'll find someone to chat to. We're all a little different, and come from all different walks of life, but come up and say hi, we'll all get along just fine. EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!

Q: What is "pools" and "seeding"?

A: Pools is where we split up all of the players for singles into sub-groups. Each group will have the top players distributed evenly as possible, along with intermediate and novice players. Within each group every player has 2 matches against everyone else within their pool. Wins count for points to make it into the main Singles bracket. Each match won equals 1 point next to your name. So for example (in a 5 man pool where top 3 go through):

Vermy: 3 points
Condog: 4 points
Ugly: 1 point (lol!)
Tibs: 6 points
Earl: 6 points

Tibs and Earl have what is called "Grade A seeds". Because they both came first in their pool, they must play one match as a tie breaker. The winner gets the Grade A seed, and the loser will get the Grade B seed, and of course the 3rd highest scoring player takes the Grade C seed. From here, we set it up so that the double elimination bracket is as "fair" as possible. so a Grade A player will fight a grade C player, and two Grade B players will play each other. In loser's bracket, then the losing B grader and the loser of the A vs C (most likelt to be the C grade) will have their match. This ensures a fair bracket. You fight for your place, and if you're a high level player, won't fight someone of equal skill level until you're deeper into the bracket.

Confusing? Sh*t yeah. You'll get it eventually. =]

Q: I don't like that _____ stage/rule is allowed/banned. Who do I talk to about that?

A: Myself and Condog. We make the final decisions. You can ask away on the forums, or personally at a tourney or over msn/phone, but generally we have a very good understanding of the competitive Brawl scene, so we do know what's best. But we are always open for discussion. =)

Splice

Smash Hero
Hey Dean!
Hey Dino!
Haydino!

Will this be another Nick/Nicks/Nix drama soon?

Vermy

Smash Champion
Luke got the reference! =D

Talladega Nights ftw.

I'M ON FIRE! HELP ME JESUS! HELP ME BUDDHA! OPRAH? HELP ME TOM CRUISE!

When will you be gracing us with your luverlyness? =D

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
When will the schedule be updated? So we have a rough idea on when and whats happening that day.

I can also bring power boards + cables if needed be.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Schedule is up.

12:00 - Doors Open. Setup and Friendlies
12:45 - Doubles Registration
01:00 - Doubles Bracket
02:45 - Singles Registration
03:00 - Pools
04:30 - Break
05:00 - Singles Bracket
09:30 - Packup/Friendlies
10:00 - Doors Close.

Remember the times are malleable to a degree, as run times are by nature dependent on the amount of people that show up.

Tom: Surprisingly, no.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Look at the confidence on this kid. jks jks I know what you meant.

I order the TO's to prioritize my matches (if I make bracket) so I can hurry up and lose so I can get the hell out and play basketball instead.

Top Bottom