• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] 3 Stock'd ~ Melbourne 2010 ~ Nope

Timic83

Smash Ace
Moorabbin/Hampton East, Melbourne, Australia
and the shoutouts come in the niiiight

yay i made to pools! then got pwnd by nicks and leish :( even on delfino as mk, i gues i need to shark even more and get every single up b
ledge - tvc for like 5 minns then brlawl :( gj on getting 3rd! I CANT BELIEVE I SD'D AS TOON LINK i would have beat you **** your lucky
jjjj - yay melee
j - yay melee
tanman - yay 50 cent melee money match
dekars imaginary clone - nice fox dittos we had on yoshis, you nearly had me there lol
leish - holy **** your improving every time, keep up the good rob
vermy - oh noes your getting good at 3rd strike again! too many rose kills, and more mvc nex time :D my catch of your stichface was leet too
everyone - ggs and tanks for coming and making today fun

i dont know if its jsut me but toon link seems above god tier to me at the moment, if anyone can think of a reason to not main him im glad to hear it, seems like his only bad matchup would be falco

he has:
traps with bombs
double short hop bow
back air wall of pain
game and watch **** down air
super bomb di and recovery
unescapable 2 hit f and d-smash
run away and spam way better than falco or snake
down air wind to move bombs and playas
a boomerang
won rocky
pigs

he is like viewtiful joe dammit

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Was a good tourney, I actually did okay :3 Although I was pissed my wii happened to break on the day >_>

Ill do shoutouts tomorrow when I'm more awake xD

Splice

Smash Hero
@Timic : Just a small correction but you can SDI Toon Links Fsmash And I Think Dsmash too so they aren't unescapable.

Condog please tell me you figured out that Bthrow -> Edgehog with Ness kills Olimar and you won crew battles. Please tell me you worked out how to edgehog Olimar. DID WE WIN CREW BATTLES?

Nova

Banned via Warnings
****ING UGH.

I am so stiff today (no not that way).

Unfit people shouldn't carry TV's that are like as heavy as they are. Chu knows what I'm talking about. My arms. Ugh. I'm going to start going to the Gym or something. RAH.

Cao: I didn't know that and as I told you I have the social skills of a mouse (until I know them better, then I'm a loud obnoxious idiot).

Also, when I got up this morning I absolutely decked myself on the bunk bed located over the top of my double bed (as in, I woke up, got up, raised my head, BANG). I'm surprised I didn't knock myself out. I have a mark from it now. :( GAWD IT HURT. AND A WASP WAS CHASING ME WHEN I WAS WALKING FROM MY HOTEL TO THE AIRPORT. MELBOURNE HATES ME.

I'm pleased with where I ranked but once again Olimar is going in the trash. Useless Alien loser thing or whatever the hell he is. Sheik and Snake ftw. I swear like 50/50 of my total damage with Snake in all my matches was through Tech Chasing. I've learned a little off my brother. Ba ha ha. Too bad Olimar sucks. Or I suck. Or we both suck and suck so much we should cause a black hole and kill everyone when combined....

.... I will do shoutouts later. When I'm back in Adehorelaide. Adborelaide, Adhellaide, whatever. That stupid place I live. There.

Also, my exit yesterday failed. I felt like that cat "Exit, stage right" only I went the wrong way and had to "re-exit, stage left".

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Results

3'Stock'd II - February - Results

Doubles [26 Entrants (13 Teams)]

1/ Team Awesome (Earl + Nicks) [Zero Suit Samus/Metaknight + Game & Watch/Wario] - 10 points | $45.00
2/ Nova is an Uncreative ******* (Nova + Afropony) [Snake/Wolf + Metaknight] - 8 points | $20.00
3/ Pin the Tail on the Donkey (Splice + Tanman) [Game & Watch + Donkey Kong] - 6 points
4/ Whorenado (C~Dog + Ledge) [Kirby + Metaknight] - 4 points
5/ Melee'ers (Timic + J4) [Metaknight + Snake/Pokemon Trainer] - 2 points
5/ Hey Dean + Haydino (Dean + Haydino) [Marth + Game & Watch] - 2 points
7/ Team Phail (Leisha + ViVa)
7/ Vermysaurus Rex (Vermy + T-rex)
9/ Khaos Brothers (Kapol + Ricky)
9/ Broken Arrow (Khoa + JaVa)
9/ Star Ganon (Ralo + Magna)
9/ Whatever YOU Want (Dino + Abhi)
13/ Star-Force (Edgegames + DS)

Singles - Pools [29 Entrants]
(names in red advanced to the bracket, seeded according to the Victorian Brawl Power Rankings)

Pool 1
1/ Ledge 11-1
2/ Afropony 11-1
3/ Leisha 7-5
4/ Timic 6-6
5/ DS 5-7
6/ Dino 2-10
7/ Andrie 0-12

Pool 2
1/ Nicks 11-1
2/ JaVa 8-4
3/ Edgegames 7-5
4/ Dean 7-5
5/ Vermy 3-9
5/ Abhi 3-9
5/ J4 3-9

Pool 3
1/ Splice 11-1
2/ Nix 9-3
3/ Tanman 8-4
4/ C~Dog 8-4
5/ Ricky 3-9
6/ Kapol 2-10
7/ Magna 1-11

Pool 4
1/ Nova 13-1
2/ Earl 11-3
3/ Haydino 9-5
4/ ViVa 8-6
5/ T-rex 7-7
6/ Khoa 6-8
7/ Ocean 1-13
7/ Ralo 1-13

Singles - Brackets [16 Entrants]

1/ Afropony [Metaknight/Pit] - 10 points | $66.00
2/ Splice [Game & Watch] - 9 points | $33.00
3/ Ledge [Metaknight/Lucario] - 8 points | $11.00
4/ Nova [Snake/Sheik/Zelda/Olimar] - 7 points
5/ JaVa [Pit] - 6 points
5/ Nicks [Wario] - 6 points
7/ Earl [Zero Suit Samus] - 4 points
7/ Nix [Zero Suit Samus/Fox] - 4 points
9/ C~Dog [Kirby] - 2 points
9/ Dean [Marth] - 2 points
9/ Leisha [R.O.B.] - 2 points
9/ Tanman [Sonic] - 2 points
13/ Edgegames
13/ Haydino
13/ Timic
13/ ViVa

Random Crews
2 stock, Random character with 1 character cancel each.

Afropony's Crew
Afropony
Ledge
Cao
J4
Tanman
Dean
Edgegames
Vermy
Ralo

Splice's Crew
Splice
Nova
Nix
Haydino
C~Dog
Timic
ViVa
DS
Magna

Vermy v Timic - Timic wins w/ 1 stock
J4 v Timic - J4 wins w/ 2 stock
J4 v Nova - Nova wins w/ 1 stock
Ledge v Nova - Ledge wins w/ 1 stock
Ledge v Magna - Magna wins w/ 1 stock
Afropony v Magna - Afropony wins w/ 2 stock
Afropony v Splice - Afropony wins w/ 1 stock
Afropony v DS - DS wins w/ 1 stock
Tanman v DS - Tanman wins w/ 1 stock
Tanman v Nix - Nix wins w/ 1 stock
Cao v Nix - Cao wins w/ 1 stock
Cao v Haydino - Haydino wins w/ 1 stock
Ralo v Haydino - Ralo wins w/ 2 stock
Ralo v ViVa - ViVa wins w/ 1 stock
Edgegames v ViVa - Edgegames wins w/ 1 stock
Edgegames v C~Dog - C~Dog wins w/ 1 stock
Dean v C~Dog - Dean wins w/ 1 stock

Afropony's Crew wins by 1 stock.

Videos

Singles - Grand Finals
Splice v Afro Match 1+2
Splice v Afro Match 3+4

Doubles - Grandfinals
Earl + Nicks v Nova + Afro Set 1 Match 1+2
Earl + Nicks v Nova + Afro Set 1 Match 3+4
Earl + Nicks v Nova + Afro Set 2 Match 1+2
Earl + Nicks v Nova + Afro Set 2 Match 3
Earl + Nicks v Nova + Afro Set 2 Match 4

~~~

Thanks for coming everyone =D It ran much faster this time thanks to the 8 TVs (<3 Cao). We even got to do some crew battles at the end so that was fun.

I have the finals Videos now, plus some of the winner/losers finals so they will be uploaded to a new channel as soon as I can find some time.

It was good to see quite a few new faces yesterday, I hope you guys had an enjoyable experience and will come next time =)

Shouts if I can find time >_>

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
Me and Splice Were DK and Game & Watch respectively in Doubles. I was Sonic in Singles. Shoutouts later when I can muster up the effort.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
It was madt fun chilling at the tournament and sneak in a few games! Thanks to the hosts and I got lots of Vermy Street Fighter in!

I have 7 tv's in my room at the moment... anyone want to adopt a TV? :estatic:

Vermy

Smash Champion
SHOUTOUTS!

Ledge: learn SF4, mmk? =D

Afropony: Good job on 1st bro, nice little bit of cash to go with it ;)

Leisha: Good to see you after the big holiday break, nice job on making it through pools =D

Timic: BLANKAAAAAAAAA..... and AKUMAAAAA. Yeah after a few games I started to get my rythm and that parry>raging demon was too pro XD

DS: Cammy ftw. =D I will teach you more rushdowns.

Dino: nice meeting you dude, get better soon. =)

Nicks: GGs in pools. I ALMOST had your MK that first match, and got pwnd that second match. Next time. =p

Jei: PT > Snake was the highlight of my day. Would be like you winning vs a decent G&W with Pit. Your Pit still gives me trouble, I needed ivysaur out sooner, but you pressured me well so I couldn't switch. GGs. =/

Edgegames: Charizard at 204% and you at 24% and i nearly got that gimp. Gah. 1 point may have made all the difference. Ah well. Ggs.

Dean: That first Falco vs Marth was easily one of the most fun matches I had all day. We were neck and neck the entire match and even though I lost, I was happy with my performance. Maybe Falco isn't a lost cause.. GGs.

Vermy: Do more PT, your Diddy sucks.

Abhi: I walked into our first match thinking I could beat you with Falco, since I play Conor all the time, and that lost me the match straight away. Never underestimate your opponent. You won that one fair and square. Diddy vs Tink was interesting to say the least, wow you love your bombs lol. I didn't know a thing about the matchup, and when I finally started to notice patterns, it was too late. GGs.

J4: lolfalcon. Lolupsmash. More PT, and we'll own this town son.

Splice: <3

Nixernator: Forward, not front. =p

Tanman: yes we hadou-can. More sf4!

C-Dizzle: Even better run this time round. =D we frickin' rock.

Ricky, Kapol, Andrie: good to see some new faces, sorry you had to leave early =_= hope to see you guys next time. =)

MetaNova: Bringing the Ganon ****, I choke at a time. I frickin' love it. Thanks for attending, stay in Melbourne, we love you more <3

Earl: learn SF4, mmk? =D

Haydino: GGs in teams. GaW is a bit of an achilles heel for me, I need to learn the matchup a bit better.

ViVa: Low tier pride. <3

T-rex: we landed 7th woo! Falcon and PT all the way next time. Bullet seed > Falcon punch will shatter the heavens.

Khoa: <333

Ocean: no hair?! O_o

Ralo and Magna: thanks for comin' guys, GGs in doubles hope to see you again.

CAO: So. Much. Wubs. <333 SF4 was hella fun, Brawl was hella fun. I wanna have an SF4 meet at my new place soon, you haz an invite. =) I felt pretty tank after carrying that bigass CRT all the way up your stairs ;)

Thanks to all for coming, stay tuned for updates.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
He lost as ZSS in the brackets. Vermy wubs! <33333 !

Random crews was so lol. Almost everybody universally sucked.

abhishekh

Smash Journeyman
Meh, the tourney was fun. However, I'm never coming early again. Even the little T.V.s were heavy D8

Usual complaints about stages. Dunno why you didn't include Brinstar or Green Greens for counterpicks. Green Greens is loads of fun for doubles, plus it really isn't that bad unless you're an idiot (irony).

------

Shout outs

Joey: OH GOD CAPTAIN FALCON YOU SUCK. QQQQQQQQQQQQ. Nice hanging out with you though, and great matches too. Also sorry about my horrible commentary 8D

Dino: Oh lawd. I'm so sorry. Nice meeting you though.

Vermy: Yeah, I had some friendlies with Khoa's falco earlier that day, so yeah :/ That match with your diddy was nerve-wracking. It's like the first diddy I've beaten, rofl (though there's really only 3 diddies including you I think). Really fun matches though.

Khoa: Always fun talking to you and having friendlies. Your pool was horrible this time.

Jei: Too good D8

Edge Games: Ugh sheik -takes out list of characters I'm hopeless against-

---

I'll probably do some more later.

Also, too many sheiks D8

ViVa

Smash Ace
Shoutouts

T.O's: Great job yesterday guys, had a fun day and Vermy ripping out controllers when registration for shiz was happening was ****. <3

Leisha: R.O.B and Mario is a phail team, oh well, it suited our team name at least ;D. Your bunny hat was pretty cool, the ears are awesome <3. It was a shame that your wii died on you, hope it's problem is fixed soon. It's always really fun hanging out with you and I always look forward to seeing you at stuff. =3

Nova: It was great seeing you yesterday, you are such a cool guy. ***** me in pools ;_; Should have played wolf ;D.

Earl: Soooo ****. <3

Tom: It was nice to see you, GGs in pools. =)

Khoa: GGs in pools, wtf @ me beating MK but losing to diddy O_o

Afropony: Raaaaaaaaaappppppppeeeeeee ;_; Congrats on first man, you're a great player.

Tanman: Sooooo ****ing close matches man, wtf @ me DI'ing with F-Air at that last crucial moment >_> GGs. Thanks for trying to help me decide on a new character but I doubt I'd use them anyway. xD

Vermy: It was awesome watching you play SF4, That gouken combo you did that took like two thirds of the whole health bar was ****ing crazy. It was funny how I was watching your hands when you did stuff and my face was like O_o.

Dean: Fun friendlies.

J4: I love our little chats. <3

Splice: Why in hell did you pick me for random crews? xD I'm so bad at like very character in the game.

Edge: Mk dittos are lol, especially if you never play him like at all ;D. I wish I had listened to Conor when he was like "Strike it!" >_<.

Sorry if I forgot you.

Fun tourney was fun.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Shoutouts

1/ Afropony [Metaknight/Pit] - About time you won ;p. Good job bro cleaning up teh mulah's.
2/ Splice [Game & Watch] - hahahah pools was hilarious man, totally made coming down worth it. Also, moar D3. =P
3/ Ledge [?] - Straight up legit, great job mate. Too hard to keep up with all your different chars.
4/ Nova [?] - thanks for coming to melb. ahahah fox was a terrible choice.
5/ JaVa [Pit] - Who is this java fellow I've been hearing about? Heard he's **** as hell ;).
5/ Nicks [Wario] - 5th is tight as hell man, great effort. You're wario is so good now.
7/ Earl [Zero Suit Samus] - Hahah you and me placed the same, wtf is wrong with teh world. Great to see you bro.
7/ Nix [Zero Suit Samus/Fox] - hahahahahahahahscrub.
9/ C~Dog [Kirby] - How did you get so good man, wth. Our matches were intense in pools.
9/ Dean [Marth] - GJ, you've improved so much.
9/ Leisha [R.O.B.] - Holy crap spikes, our set was hella close. Never messing with ROB off the edge again.
9/ Tanman [Sonic] - Pools was good, great to see you placing with Sonic again. Too gud mate.
13/ Edgegames - All sheik? Too gud, love seeing you there.
13/ Haydino - Good set, thought I'd **** you. Was way closer than I thought, improved a lot.
13/ Timic - Didn't play or talk to you much. Sorry :\
13/ ViVa - Hahah crews was hilarious.

Others
Vermy (+ Conor) - Thanks for running the show fellas, you know the love we have for you guys.
Khoa - Great to see you again man, bad luck in pools. Death pool sucks.
DS - Coming in from Bendigo, representing Lol. Good to see you guys still here
T-Rex - haha you and me not going to tournies. We need falcon dittos in melee =)
Magna - Great to see a friendly new face, you were hella cool man. Seemed legit as hell for your first tourny. Keep coming =).
Cao - Great to see you coming down to chill out and all that.
Joey - Next tourny, fight to the death you and me. You know you want it.

Notes:
Drinks were awesome, as were crews. Having everybody being suck is a good choice. pools is also a great idea, min of 12 games in the tourny. Beats getting knocked out in 4. More people should play the game like Splice and me did, that was hella fun. Good to see familiar and new faces down there.

Lastly: I think we should rename the tourny Frontal Smashes any thoughts ;P?

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Haydino: awesome teammate, if you want to team again i'm up for it, if you'll excuse my handful of (rather costly, but humerous) fails. nice going.
Tanman: i don't know what to say about doubles;_;. i think you deserved to win, but still: ;_;
Dino: good to see you come down, hope you enjoyed the scene! keep brushing up that yoshi :D
Tom: yay Tom!
C~Dog: really solid player, hard to punish or do anything against you really. do you ever miss a fsmash?
Edgegames: you beat me in singles and pools, stop dairing offstage and you'll get me in bracket as well :p. getting gimped at 80% is not fun!
Vermy: all your characters are solid as hell, matches were intense! sorry 'bout the 0-death, kinda lame on my part. you're tank for lifting that TV, i'm sure i injured several vital parts of my back carrying that (even though you did most of the work).
JaVa: you wrecked me that first match, i had no idea what was going on. was fun, though. nice seeing you.
Nicks: you improve everytime i play you, soon i won't stand a chance! always interesting to talk with. good job in bracket as well, you'll be placing top 3 soon ;)
Abhi: improving heaps, you got unlucky a few times but you'll be making it out of pools in no time. cool guy.
J4: i enjoy talking with you. "interesting" matches.
Splice: i'm getting closer ;_;, you're a really great player though so i don't mind losing :).
Ledge: cool guy to talk to, i also don't mind losing to you because you thoroughly deserved the win. grats on 3rd, that was one hard losers bracket you went through (apart from me :p)
Nix: placing top 8 without going to a tournament in months, that takes some skill ;)
Viva: you are incredibly good, start placing better! you're better than me.

and just a shoutout to the usual gang, the OoSers, and also the new people; even if i didn't talk to you much, you're all still awesome.

i thought i played well and i'm happy with my placing (personal best!)

Nova

Banned via Warnings
hang on, wait. did earl break his hand or something? someone explain the results please :)
Yeah pretty much what Cao said. Earl only used ZSS in tourney matches. He used MK in pool matches though (I think he used ZSS a couple of times as well there).

Results said:
2/ Nova is an Uncreative ******* (Nova + Afropony) [Snake + Metaknight]
I randomly used Wolf in the losers grand final the entire time btw, if it matters (we did win that set, so he does count as a winning character). My Snake fails against Splice on so many levels I figured Wolf would be the next best choice. I was Snake on every other win though.

Splice

Smash Hero
Yeah pretty much what Cao said. Earl only used ZSS in tourney matches. He used MK in pool matches though (I think he used ZSS a couple of times as well there).
Silly bugger.

Ledge - 3, 2, 1, fun fun fun! Keep those emotions in check. Good job vs. Nova, I am surprised.

Afropony - Casual Grand Finals for the win! We should've done Captain Falcon dittos (coz you'd still win I can't use C.Falcon) Next time, promise me?

Leisha - Nice... uh... hat? Good job on coming 9th with [Leisha] (according to the results O.o)

Timic - You get more pro every time I see you. Good work in Random Crews.

Nicks - ****ing doubles-only GaW mains. Far worse than MK singles mains.

JaVa - 5th is deserved. Good work! You should try Fox on my GaW (seriously)

Dean - Best matches of the tournament goes to you, well at least, most intense... And Intense they were! You are good at keeping a % lead, which I am bad at getting back, SO that works well for you, eh? Delfino has never been so kind to me. Nearly suicided though ;D

Vermy - Well i didn't get to play you or talk to you that much this tournament, but at least I didn't send your Charizard away 'guilty as charged' ;) Muchoso Wubs.

J2B2 - Joey Joey my Bro Bro! No commentating this time, I blame the venue (srsly waddup wiv the commentating thing being next to the wall? And me coming second where you at everyone else?) Next time, yah? Please let there be a next time <3

Nix - Pools was the win. Jiggs vs Bowser on Big Blue, can you dig it? Also, 7th is the placement for the ZSS's, it seems. Make it 5th next time yeah?

Tanman - :bee: :bee: :bee: Thankyou for the food and Drink!! Wub Wub Wub!!! We did great in teams, we showed we can get team synergy and we do team well together. We weren't playing well in our losers final matches because we lost track of the strategy, but I can count on us doing well unlike...

Condog - Thanks for the music! Thanks for the tournament and the matches, after I lost to you trying to judgement i decided it's a lost cause... I'm no UTD. OH. AND DONT. DONT. DONT EVER TELL ME TO COUNTERPICK HALBERD AGAIN YOU PYGMY.

Magna - Sorry I couldn't get you convent food. =( Good Games, Your Ganondorf is good. Thanks for putting up with my Wolfs Shine Spam :p Hope to see you again you're a great bloke.

Nova - Mmm sexy gay hacks you got there. They should've got you 3rd though. The time isn't ripe for Gary to be in the money yet :p Thankyou for making the crew battles come down to the last stock, I am happy with the results and it's all thanks to you! I hope you enjoyed your time in Melbourne, you came at one of the tournaments where I didn't really get to talk to anyone.

Earl - d00d lol. Should've used MK vs. Me, would've been fun and stuff. Ah well. You had other commitments anyway i hear. Good to see you.
Haydino - Nice team name bro. Thanks for babysitting J4 for me.

ViVa - Where do you get off beating T-Rex like that? Asking why I picked you in crews is silly because it's not like I had any idea of how good anyone was.

T-rex - Pity you didn't make it out of pools. Didn't know you were at the tourney til you left ;/

Khoa - Sorry I was late it's not my fault i swear im so sorry Melbourne has the ****test transport in the world makes me rage. But yeah, Hugs and Wubs as always <3 ^_^

Pikachu - AH HA HA HA. YOU ARE A FUNNY GUY. :pikachu2:

$33 - Mmm you make my wallet all nice and warm.

C~Dog and Vermy in conjunction : Thankyou for bringing another enjoyable 3-stock'd to the great city of Melbourne, I had a beautiful day.

earla

Smash Lord
cheers, well run.

straight to the bracket would be prefered or top 2 through pools?

take care.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Shoutouts

Afropony
Thanks a a bunch for teaming with me and there is utterly no shame in losing to Earl and Nicks (we were close) given how they ranked at the last Sydney tourney. Congratulations on winning singles.

Splice
Stop growing. I don't like it. Anyway, you're awesome and as I've told you, Snake is out the door against you, you **** him. Had fun in the couple of matches we managed to have. Congrats on 2nd.

Ledge
Revolitmar (Olimar) is gross. Other than that, great games. All were pretty close, but once again a stupid character selection from me (against someone who is very used to Olimar, this isn't a john, this is just me being stupid) results in me losing. Olimar has failed me like the last 4 tourneys. I keep saying I'm throwing him in the trash, only to realise I've put him in the recycling bin. Little loser he is. Snake V MK is always fun (lol?) and Sheik/Zelda V MK is meugh. Congrats on 3rd.

Nova
Moron, stop using Olimar.

JaVa
I... didn't get to play you. And I don't think I ever have. Ah well. You're awesome anyway.

Nicks
You.... I seem to always end up with you in extremely close games. Counterpicks and winnings on the first match really do play a massive role in our matches.

Earl
Was fun playing your MK as always, though I honestly don't know how or what happened during our matches in pools. Your ZSS is **** as well. Hope to play you again soon, though I know what'll happen this time.... >_>

Nix
You cheater!. Pausing the game in the middle of my incredibly cheap f-tilt lock on Fox, whatever next..... >_> ^_^ You're cool and awesome and stuff. And definitely break out of grabs faster than anyone I've ever played.

C~Dog
Of ALL the people to end up with in brackets first, it had to be the ****ing Kirby. Ah well, as I said, I cannot complain given how incredibly, and hilariously broken that U-tilt was at one stage (seriously, you were no where near me, that is the furthest I've ever seen that move hit, wish we saved that). Funny stuff, well, for me anyway. Since I hate Kirby. ^_^ Thanks for hosting the event and manipulating me into coming to it.

Dean
I don't know who you are. >_> Sorry. I'll try to figure that out next tourney I'm at in Victoria.

Chu
lawl @ you and those bunny ears. It utterly sucks that your Wii broke in the middle of the tourney. I really hope you're able to get it fixed. Also, our shoulders hurt, no? >_<

Tanman
Was fun brawling you and Splice in doubles, two sets and all. Wolf worked surprisingly well (I just wanted him to be a spammy annoyance, something Snake can't really be without grunting 1000 times).

Edgegames
I didn't play you, but if I did, it sure as hell wouldn't be a Sheik ditto. I hate all dittos. So I'd probably be Snake. Anyway.......... you're cool and stuff for straight away knowing what my control style was because of Sheik's DACUS. :p

Haydino
Very close pool matches with you. Was fun.

Timic
I suck with names. I probably know who you are but I just can't remember. Sorry. Tired johns.

ViVa
You're an amazing Mario and as I said, if you picked up a higher tier you'd be ranking very highly, but like Scabe, you're devoted and you catch a lot of people off guard. Always nice seeing you.

Cao
Nice finally speaking to you for a bit. I'm so anti-social sometimes, ugh, it annoys me. I wish I could have gone to the Crown with a couple of you guys but my impulses were all crazy and stuff. Wish I could have gotten a couple of friendlies against you on Brawl (yeah on Melee, we know how that'd turn out, you'd get 4 stocked).

T-19-REX
Always good seeing you and your Falco can definitely improve rapidly if you play the game more often. Tech chasing though, funny stuff. :p

Vermy
Didn't get to play you but it's all good. My Ganon's strange, I really like Ganon V Snake M/U's, most people honestly don't expect the Ganon to put up a fight. Ba har har. Me getting Samus (after getting Ganon twice) in that random crew battle was pretty lolish. One of the few people I really never play. Ugh.

Khoa
**** Earl's friggin commentary and advice during our first match. It was SO throwing me off. He was saying stuff and I was like expecting you to do them and then acting odd when you didn't and RAGHRAGFH(*D&. Anyway, you're cool and the match was fun (and interesting) regardless.

joeyjoeyjoejoe
Yeah I'm the only one queer enough to actually turn into a woman in a dress for kills. Take that world.

Abhi
It was nice discussing how utterly atrocious Adelaide is with you. I honestly could harp on for hours about what a hole it is. But then people would say "then move you idiot" and then I'd have to explain that I'm lazy and it becomes annoying. Haven't played you yet; hope I can next time.

If I missed anyone, kill me.

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts

Ledge: Great hanging out with you two days in a row. Thanks for putting up my whining and all. Too bad on loser's final, billy the kid is annoying as...

Afro: Man, I play good when you gtfo. But youre funny so it makes up for it. But seriously, gtfo, jk, but serious, jk. Also dont offer me stolen food; I will eat it. Bring paper next time and I'll help with your surds. Oh, and we gotta go that controller switch thing again.

Leisha: I swear I didnt know aled stole them lollies lol

Abhi: Worst smasher ever. Thanks for coming with to get food. I swear I'll sandbag better next time. Oh, and your first win was legit, pro. If I ever get the chance, we should team.

Java: GGs. I once knew a Pit player like you. I also played his melee yoshi sometimes. Nice bloke

Timic: LOL at 5th. We make a good last moment team

Hey Dean, NO: Yes, I will persist with this joke. Thanks for talking to me all day instead of a certain someone.

Dean: Cool guy, good second pool match (that I won, everyone - I won). You're way better though. Keep up the toshi jokes, theyre good

Khoa: lol sorry if I make you sad. I'll try my best to stick around...and be interested in brawl.

Trex: I see what you see in falcon - it makes the opponent weep when they lose.

Nova: Nice to meet you proper. You're a cool guy, Splice and I enjoy your gay powers.

Nicks: GGs, and good stuff with and against Earl. If you foresee another one of your pies being half eaten, share with me before you start

Tanman: Cool guy, GGs. Didnt talk much/play friendlies but whatever - next time.

Drix: You're cooler than your f-tilt locking jerk bro

EdgeG: You f-tilt locking jerk...wubs. GGs

Ocean: Boy you looked so different. And in a hat! Crazy

Condog: Good commentating with, and general chats. This is your best tourney ever!

Vermy: Good TO'ing, you scare us all. Also, I'll make our BGs into GGs next time

Nix: Bring it

Splice: Gah, you made me come for this!?
<3

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
hello there
great day guys, sorry for the health blah blah blah

shoutouts
T-rex: good to see you again man, you still destroy me
abhishekh: the worst team mate, na just kidding, your good, just stop hitting me
Connor: nice tourney dude
Vermy: same as connor's except good luck on your party mission :p
Leish: congrats on the 9th, it was great hanging out with you again, hope i see ya soon
uhmm billabong bros: double blind shout out, good games and nice to meet you
and a second shout out to jei just because its awesome at his place (besides the crying)
congrats to the winners, bad luck to the losers and i hope i see you all soon
bye

earla

Smash Lord
i don't believe 3 tournaments a month is unreasonable.

conor + vermys tournaments are running smoothly and are attracting enough attention. 30+ people per tournament run bi-weekly just recently is certainly enough to be worth it.

from experience i've found people are willing to do n2c WEEKLY. n2c costs from 10-20$ each time. running a tournament would be much more fulfilling and help progress the growth of the community!

people are looking at it as detracting from the hype which is true. but judgeing from the last tournament the atmosphere was great and everyone enjoyed it just as much as any imo.

benefits are -
more oppotunities for people to attend as some people are busy specifically on days of the tournaments, practice, tournament experience, hangin out watevs

- money goes to people in the community as opposed to N2C.
N2C is relaxed but conor, vermz are running tourneys with a very chilled vibe which feels like a meet where people can try characters etc.

do we honestly think if we merge one of the two organisers we're going to get a turn out of much more than 30? if anything, if the people the running the tournaments + the players are dedicated enough the community could really grow and have consistent turn outs.

if tournaments were run back to back ie. couch warriors + 3 stocked weekend >> could attract alot of OOS attention.

just some thoughts.

cheers

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
for what its worth I agree with earl on this one, and having tourneys less often doesnt make it any more likely for OOS attendance, we show up when we show up, lots of tourneys or not.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I agree as well, i actually prefer having more tournaments. xD Makes me keep interested and I'll actually practice. But meh, a majority disagree.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Thanks Earl, I'll try and respond back to all of your points, although it would have been better if you posted this in the other thread.

"i don't believe 3 tournaments a month is unreasonable. conor + vermys tournaments are running smoothly and are attracting enough attention. 30+ people per tournament run bi-weekly just recently is certainly enough to be worth it."

As it stands, the turnout from singles for both 3 Stock'd and CW Melee this year has not exceeded 30, and X/Attila's series had not even started yet. If anything, X's decision to postpone gives 3 Stock'd more focus. Although there are some dedicated players that would attend everything, the reality is that more people have been and will be preferential to one tournament.

"from experience i've found people are willing to do n2c WEEKLY. n2c costs from 10-20$ each time. running a tournament would be much more fulfilling and help progress the growth of the community!"

N2C isn't a fair comparison, since it's a smashfest and not a tournament. And just to note, weekly N2C meets are the byproduct of less tournaments.

"people are looking at it as detracting from the hype which is true. but judgeing from the last tournament the atmosphere was great and everyone enjoyed it just as much as any imo."

That's correct, but what is happening a lot is that people at least want to see or play both, but don't have the time commitment to do so. Also, the Melbourne Smash community kinda likes each side and we would like to see more people again. Rocky was a good example of what can happen when they all meet into the same space. Everyone was at the same place at the same time and had arguably a far better time because of it, socially or otherwise.

"benefits are -
more oppotunities for people to attend as some people are busy specifically on days of the tournaments, practice, tournament experience, hangin out watevs"

Our scene isn't built for 3 tournaments a month, we will just drown in it. Our scene needs to be at least 3 times bigger locally, like in SoCal for example, for it to be viable from a TO's perspective. Tournaments are also getting more expensive to run. I am fairly confident a large reason why the merge was necessary was also because of this. The Convent's hiring costs are now more expensive and you need a turnout of at least 33 with a door fee of $5, to cover the entry fee. Otherwise you're dipping into the pot to pay for the venue. Also, indy tournaments are no longer guaranteed access to any tables, which adds to additional TO pressures re: logistics of having to bring your own. CW has the means to buy these tables (10 of which were recently purchased for $640) and have them stored and shared with permission. There's just not enough security or insurance more tournaments is going help in the long run. Rather, it'd hurt it.

"- money goes to people in the community as opposed to N2C."

See above for comment about costs.

"N2C is relaxed but conor, vermz are running tourneys with a very chilled vibe which feels like a meet where people can try characters etc."

It sure is quieter with an indy tournament I can agree. Running their tournaments at CW doesn't change their structure of how they run their tournaments though, nothing is stopping people from testing characters, that's why they happen monthly.

"do we honestly think if we merge one of the two organisers we're going to get a turn out of much more than 30? if anything, if the people the running the tournaments + the players are dedicated enough the community could really grow and have consistent turn outs."

Honestly, yes. Not necessarily much more than 30 immediately, but consistently higher turnouts - we'll be together again. Preferences into supporting certain tournaments will vanish, with more local turnouts and more money to offer; it will be more lucrative for OOS interest, because of increased local hype. It'll be a snowball effect and we'll have a lot more money to purchase what we need, faster, instead of going backwards in this matter.

"if tournaments were run back to back ie. couch warriors + 3 stocked weekend >> could attract alot of OOS attention."

Well let's use last weekend as an example:
- Bringer (if he got the right flight) would have attended Saturday only and leave on Sunday.
- Nova would have attended Sunday only and flown in on Saturday.
At least running it together provided a good means to bring them all together, sharing the costs to provide better value for money for everyone, and to provide growth through playbase (increased crossover of players from the other titles at CW), and more in the Smash bank.

Hope that answers some of your questions. <3

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Well from an interstate perspective (that differs from luke's) I'm more inclined, despite my spastic impulses to show up to an event based on attendance of other people. I had no complaints with the attendance of this last Melbourne one (no Tibs was sad though), everything went smoothly, blah blah blah. But I only went because I had free time and money lying around. Late Feb/March is the peak of the Cyclone season and I chase them (yes very impulsively given their formation). So I probably won't be attending another OoS Smash thing until Thriller/Don't Come 2. In which I'll suck and be rusty thus require practice (maybe, I dunno, I don't even have my copy of Brawl atm).

Edit: To add onto what Cao said, I'm an idiot and didn't realise there was an event on the Saturday (when I booked my plane tickets it was for an early Sunday flight....fail) otherwise I would have booked for Friday or something.

Edit 2: Basically (from an interstate hype perspective) I agree with the merger. I personally would attend Sydney's events (This Is It/Boost, which covers a lot) over 2/3 tourneys a month.

T.REX

Smash Apprentice
shouts n ****
JJJJ: haha yeah, getting beaten by a falcon is like a slap in the face
nova: **** your tech chasing, still wub u tho
leish: not so hyper ?
viva: BG'S IN POOLS, nah you're too pro, i gotta watch for them bairs.
dino: good to see u again n ****, pity u had to leave early
vermylicious: try not to suicide so much :p nah jks, we'll get em next time.
cawndawg: cheers for the tunes, enjoy your skip-hop
bendigo boys: too cool for school

everyone else: wubs

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
Shout out time!

Splice: I'm sorry I didn't stick with you during that last match/played so terribly. I shouldn't have gone to play street fighter. =/

Afropony: Grats on the win, well earned. Least we won one set of the doubles against ya, nice job on the comeback.

Nova: Didn't get to play you in singles, which was a little disheartening. Spammy Wolf was pretty annoying, much worse than the Snake. =P

Dean: I still feel bad about that, you had all my moves pegged except that last one - which was an accident ^^; Next time you'll destroy me, I'm sure.

Haydino: Lol at the Splice Dair count. Been a long time since we vs'd, should have a match again sometime in singles.

Timic: Tough luck on the doubles match, but ou got your revenge in the 25c money match. My Mewtwo is still better than yours though =P

J4: We definately need to catch up some more and have some friendlies. It's just Condog and Vermy won't let many friendlies happen. D:

Earl: Grats on the straight win in teams, absolutely ***** us. And by 'Us' I mean 'Me', Splice was pretty rocking. Nearly took you out in singles, as the whole thing was pretty close. Nice to see less MK, gives me a chance =P

Nicks: Grats on Beating Earl, good job on placing too. Doubles was pretty incredible too. Bucket **** was nice.

Nix: Nice ****** with the Fox, and just great to see you overall. You're such a swell guy, come down more often, it's always so much fun. What with Smash 64, Melee, Brawl, and us just ripping into eachother the whole day. And you're definately better than me, what with that nice higher placing.

C~Dog: Hah, got back at you this time. Bair wars were insane, should have them more often. Nice job running things as always. No free drink made me sad. )= Make sure to upoad all those vids, took me a good while to copy them across =P

Magna: You seemed like a pretty cool guy. Ganon pride is always well respected. Hope to see you again sometime.

Ledge: Still owe me 3 bucks. Nah, it's cool dude, grats on getting to third. If you're going to MK, at least get better and do it right - Less planking, you hear? Promise not to go Snake unless you want MU experience - so long as you give me more MK Sonic Matchup experience. I prefer that to the Lucario =P

Viva: Definately some of the most intense matches I've ever had. They're always so close between me and you. We need to team sometime and go Mario and Sonic at the Smash Bros. Games.

T-Rex: Learn Falcon again and make him completely awesome. Be able to do both Melee and Brawl, cause It's a sad day when my Falcon can beat you in both =P

DS/Edge: Nice going with ya, as always. Too bad things on the day didn't go too well. God I hate driving, but it was a fun car trip. Edge, you still owe me money.

Java/Leisha/Vermy/Khoa: Didn't see enough of you - need to chat and play more matches more often, since you're all cool people.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
@Nova: Lol the problem with not playing the game for ages is that you don't even hit the right buttons. So what I thought was QCDI on the control stick and SDI on teh C-Stick, turned into pause on teh controller... stick. I think I made it up to you by letting you ftilt lock me to death on that last stock =P.

Also I'm lolling at being known as "that guy who breaks out of grabs really quick", good to know that people will remember the weirdest things about you.

Just looking through, this has to be my favorite set of shoutouts I've ever seen about myself (lol). Good to know the scene still rawks in melb.

Edit: 5 star thread Conor, now do I get a good bracket?

Double edit: Splice wins life.

Splice

Smash Hero
So.

If you are from a state outside of Victoria, or just couldn't make it to the tournament, and are wondering "What do those Melbournian kids get up to at those 3 Stock'd tournaments, ey? What are the haps down there, ey?", Well, then
Wonder No More!

In a glorious display of technology, we have hand-picked, with great care, the greatest 16 seconds of the entire tournament, yes, and we are bringing it to you in glorious Youtube!

Maybe you will want to analyze this carefully, or just relive the hype, but I assure you that you want to watch it!

SO CLICKY HERE MY FRIENDS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3-iXARzHFk

**** i think I hyped it too much.

Top Bottom