• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] 3 Stock'd ~ Melbourne 2010 ~ Nope

Toby.

Smash Master
Meteor: It was a surprise that you came. Good to see you although I should have made more of it and got some more friendlies in, but I am really intrigued by the players from my own state at the moment. Your MK is better than it once was, It probably is better than Garys, at least I thought it was a bit more intelligent of an MK. Your Ness is still impressive. Your Sonic really is terrible though.

I think it's pretty decent :ohwell:

Dekar289

Smash Hero
brawl side of this month was frustrating because i usually expect to beat good brawl players with no practice whatsoever

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
I'd usually wait until results were posted until I do shoutouts, so forgive me if my memory isn't too good:

Khoa: thanks for teaming buddy. If we just won another set I'd've said we did really well. Not bad considering we don't team often. Thanks for friendlies, you know some tricks in the MK-Marth matchup that make it really hard for me. I also think your Diddy is extremely good.

Earl and Nicks: good job in dubs. I liked some of your team setups, not many teams in Melbourne plan out as much as you guys do. I tried to give Earl some advice during his finals but I'm not sure how helpful I was :(

Tibs and Meteor: um, don't have much to say. Both really impressive as always.

Santa: you definately know some manouevers, just got to work on a few things here and there. Nice talking to ya, and good games. Need some help and I'll try to give some adivce (although my advice is usually pretty poor).

ViVa: yeah, good job beating me this time. Definately earned it. It's not a particularly pleasant feeling losing matchups that are apparently quite large in my favour, so you better watch out next time, I want that #1 in Strathmore title :p. Norfair lava stalling too good

Joe: I trash talk you a lot (all in good fun, and it's even more fun if you dish it back :D), but you're actually good. Like, I know my Snake matchup but you still beat me/force me to play my best. Counterpicking Castle Siege was bizarre, you shoulda switched characters to whatever. You know I have a pocket Dedede...

Afro: you're the most difficult person for me to beat, I feel. Don't have much to say except keep it up, I guess.

Splice: I like playing you. Got close a few times but in the end you were too good, as always. Thought you were a little unlucky not to make grand finals, at least. And oh yeah, I gotta make like a banana... and SPLIT!

Ledge: we played a few friendlies IIRC. You did well, impressive player.

Conor: Dedede dittos are INCREDIBLE, why didn't I know this sooner. Been a while since I played you and you were a lot better than I remembered, props.

If I forgot someone I'm sorry. I won't be at DGS so unless there's some kind of meet I show up at I'll see you all at Robocop. I'll bring my death TV with me.

Splice

Smash Hero
Dear god, GnW is why I dropped sonic, srsly.
lol, Nix, don't.

I use GaW yeah and Sonic is pretty easy for me.
But uh, I've played other Sonics, like Nixernators, Tanmans, DJBs, and I can make the comparison; I always win, but I have to try to win against them.

Against Ricky I just sorta accidentally 2-stock him.

I have MU-experience and MU advantage. Even if other people have trouble with Ricky, because he is a smart player and can do respectably well with any character, his Sonic looks very silly to me.

So implying I wouldn't know coz of my character choice is a very uninformed thing to do.

@Dean: lol :laugh: see you at Robocop!

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
Implying that you would know with info of only You as a GaW in a particular MU would know how good his char is by playing him. There is more aspects to someones game then; Ohh I beat him by this much therefore he is bad... Meteors Sonic was impressive, I can safely say that even though he couldn't beat my MK with it, because I am judging from other aspects not only from a particular MU.

Splice

Smash Hero
just to clarify, the whole "Meteors Sonic vs Splice" thing came from me saying it would be easy for me to beat, lol, then Meteor was like "challenge", and then it was easy to beat. So in my shoutout I was kinda talking about that in a less serious tone but w/e

But now back to what you guys are saying...

Gary, I guess after playing Nix and DJB, I expect more from Sonic when I play a Sonic, even if it is only within the MU, and that's either coz they have learnt the MU (which I don't think you really can coz even if you do well against GaW with Sonic that's like... losing still) or because they are very good.

But from playing them I've learnt more about Sonic, and I know about Sonic just in that match up. You can safely say Meteors Sonic was impressive, and I'm not sure what makes your opinion so valid if mine isn't, when I have a lot more Sonic experience than you. And don't assume coz I have Sonic experience that I'm judging it just from the MU, hey?

Shaya you won't beat me with Sonic when I'm trying, and if you did... wouldn't that just undermine Meteor lol :p

I also doubt you will beat me with Snake, but I hope next time we play (against Marth) I will make you try for your win, and I hope to get you down to your last stock. If you do 2 stock me with Marth in both the matches of our set, if we play, then yes I will be very dissapointed in myself and as long as you showed that you had an understanding of how I have to play and were not ignorant to how the MU works, then I would accept that you would think I am a bad player.

So anyway, there were much more interesting things that happened at the tourney lol...
Results and more Shoutouts, imo.

Toby.

Smash Master
Gary, I guess after playing Nix and DJB, I expect more from Sonic when I play a Sonic, even if it is only within the MU, and that's either coz they have learnt the MU (which I don't think you really can coz even if you do well against GaW with Sonic that's like... losing still) or because they are very good.
I don't understand this sentence. Are you saying you can't learn a matchup if it's a bad one?

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I think in this instance, "learn the matchup" implies gaining the required knowledge to beat the other player regardless of the severity of the matchup in question.

Splice

Smash Hero
I agree with Conor

But at the same time I think the matter at hand is you guys need to be less serious sometimes, lol :p
It's a very little and boring matter we are talking about right now.

Brawl tastes good Leisha, but if you want a real sensation taste one of Garys "Buttered Cheese on Bread" meals. They are quite delish. Also, Zero's post.

earla

Smash Lord
next time lets try record as much footage as we can, post on youtube. keep things happening.

background textures? + mad songs

results?

our scene went from like 50-30. haha. new peeps didn't want to hang out again?

Splice

Smash Hero
Yeah got like nothing recorded, pity.
Gary you shud start bringing your recording equip again.

Mad song hacks would be good on more wiis, dont really care about textures :p

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
if people want to record stuff, play matches on my wii since i got the save replays longer then 3 minutes code.

At least the matches can be saved then, or i suggest more people should get homebrew channel lul

As for music hacks, if anyone wants some music to put on my SD card, go for it because im too picky to pick my own music lulul

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
because it gets grabbed by melee players claiming "they must get their matches recorded" when it's a brawl players set up; so they unplug the wii on the tv, put on melee and don't set up another tv for brawl. Then the only other tvs available are ones which don't display NTSC (Ntsc brawl). But the melee players didn't care about that, and then refuse to compromise or do anything but continue to record stupid matches and FRIENDLIES whilst both brackets fall behind for 2-3 hours.

Then the tournament goes to after 10pm and then we get kicked out.

That's maybe why he doesn't bring a recording set up.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i think you exaggerate
big time
bloody sook

besides the only recording setup nowadays is provided by redact

tibs7

Smash Champion
Shaya maybe woulda won that tourny. Real talk.

But anyway this tourny.
I was only there for bout 4hrs :(. Stupid Attila got away with not going to bible study.
AnywAy, Ricky if it looked like i was peeved off after we lost in doubles, I wasn't tbh just wanting to play some melée. You were fun to team with, I can assure you the next time it happens we'll do ALOT better. :)

Dekar team with me melée next time bruv. Will be good times.
<3 all.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I'd just like to point out, that rickys sonic is amazing, and anyone who thinks otherwise is bad.

splice, I romp your G&W and have much more trouble against rickys sonic

Top Bottom