• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGBootCamp Indianapolis: 2/20th-21st/2010, GET HYPED! Ally, M2K, ChuDat, Neo!!!

Calebyte

Smash Lord
People are used to $10 venue fees which sometimes includes food and housing around here. People put up with high venue fees for Pound because it was way more advertised and everyone knew there was going to be a huge turnout. Nobody really knows who's going to end up coming to this.

That said, I'm still willing to pay the extra $10 because people are coming from out of state and it'll be fun. Hopefully more people will suck it up and pay.
Yeah, I feel like this tournament hasn't been as well advertised/hyped as Pound. :S

Regardless, I hope people still show up and support this circuit. I'd hate to see it die.

Calebyte

Smash Lord
VGBC people:

I think this should have been planned a bit further in advance. Like Tyr said, people were okay with high venue fees at Pound because it had been hyped up for a looooooong time. People had time to make plans and a big turnout was assured.

This thread has only been up for about 2 months, and seems insignificant in comparison. Therefore, a $20 venue fee is a bit steep, and everyone is waiting for everyone else to register before they make their decision.

You guys did a great job with the nifty custom invitations and stuff, but that stuff should have started waaaay earlier, and kept increasing till the big day.

I'm sure most people want to see this circuit succeed. I certainly do. It's awesome that you're doing something on the national level. Maybe after Indy, you can take a step back and work on building a stable following instead of rushing headlong into things.

I dunno, just some suggestions.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Def need more hype for this I can get a ride for sure if we could attract a bigger audience

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
we normally pay $10 for a local tounry, $20 for a nation doesn't seem that bad imo, and aside from ally, is it seems like most of the OOS aren't talking about the prices that much

btw, i'm willing to mm almost everyone a this :) (mk's, depends on my mood)

havok and i will take all teams mm's :]
mm me and my teammate :) $50 XD

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
yeah like I said, it's worth the extra money to get to play new competition.

And PS, I want to MM you. $5 or less though. I'll be trying to MM a lot as well.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
National?
Pre-Registered(Paid) = 17

God-is-my-Rock(B+M)
Aposl(B+M)
Hat(B+M)
Logic(B)
Calebyte(B)
Ed A.K.A. Achilles(B)
Sith Lord(B)
Sassy(B)
Lord of Democracy(M)
Tyr(B)
Jayford(M)
Fonz(B)
The Cookie Monster(M)
INSANE CRAZY GUY(M)
Mr. H(M)
Doctor Bendz(M)
Meki(M)
10 ?s?

SaLt08

Smash Rookie
I will be there for the melee tourney.......It sounds like it will be a great time and I am looking forward to it:)

See y'all then :D

MegaFEAR

Smash Apprentice
fear, 2-tone, megachuk, salt, and TBG all plan on attending melee.

word. will pre-reg and PAY soon :)

VGBootCamp

Smash Apprentice
Alright, to compromise with the players who don't want to pay $20 we are going to do the following:

-Everyone who Pre-regs for this tournament will pay $15 for the venue fee(You'll still have to pay $20 when you pre-reg, you'll get $5 back in cash at the tournament.)

-If you pay at the door you'll have to pay the full $20 Venue Fee.

@Megafear: Good Stuff

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
O so...this thread prolly been around for forever but yea...im going...lol

(this tourney doesn't seem to have much smashboards hype tho)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I just preregistered for Brawl singles. Anyone interested in teaming with me for doubles?

Also, I'm accepting any money matches from people I haven't played. Probably $5 maximum. Chibo? HAT? Other people from out of state? I'll look for you all at the tournament but if you post something I'll write it down and try to make sure I find you.
Sry, I won't be here for this event.

Keep an eye out for me at The Showdown, Apex 2010, and a couple other unannounced summer majors ;)

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
O so...this thread prolly been around for forever but yea...im going...lol

(this tourney doesn't seem to have much smashboards hype tho)
yea, well there's a pretty decent size melee/brawl tourney in IL thats on the same day as this. >.>
I still can't decide which one i should go to.

and it says ally is confirmed for both of them <.<

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
yea, well there's a pretty decent size melee/brawl tourney in IL thats on the same day as this. >.>
I still can't decide which one i should go to.

and it says ally is confirmed for both of them <.<
This tourney has melee on Saturday and brawl on Sunday. The one in IL is the opposite, so people can go to both.

Also for the record I won't be going to this, there's a monthly this weekend that's a lot closer (and cheaper >_>). Sorry BigD, hope you can find another teams partner.

L-R-A-Start

Smash Apprentice
Heeeey so like someone from Michigan should totally give L_Cancel and me a ride to this. :D L will give you a hug if you do and I will..watch..as he gives you the hug, in a non-creepy way of course. Unless you want it to be creepy. That can be arranged as well.

Calebyte

Smash Lord
Dude, props to VGBC for the venue fee compromise. That's pretty awesome of them. Show them some support guys! :)

I'm really looking forward to this, it'll be good to meet everyone IRL!

Radium88

Smash Lord
Yeah, thanks for the discount. Definitely going to pay soon. Probably tomorrow.

....Um how do I do that? Should I just re-register and then pay at the end?

VGBootCamp

Smash Apprentice
By the way guys, if you plan on paying at the venue(full $20) preregister anyways and just don't pay. It'd be nice if we could get a general head count for this.

clowsui

Smash Legend
@anybody who is confused at the website...click the register button and not the games themselves LOL, even though i'm not going to this i was curious how to pre-reg until i discovered that "register" was the key and that you indicated which game you were signing up for in the register part LOL

VGBootCamp

Smash Apprentice
When's the last day to register? I'm going to try and pre-reg hopefully Sunday if that's okay!! Shovel some snow and get some money that way!
Sunday will be the last day to pre-register so get it done before midnight.

BTW five people just pre-reg/pre-payed within the last couple of hours! Keep it up guys!

Top Bottom