• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGBootCamp Indianapolis: 2/20th-21st/2010, GET HYPED! Ally, M2K, ChuDat, Neo!!!

SoulPech

Smash Master
I want to go!!

the biggest issue is finding a hotel. If anyone needs to find more ppl for hotel room cost please let me know !!!!!

edit: Forgot to mention: I will bring a set-up Wii and TV if needed.

Drephen

Smash Master
yeah is there anyway of cutting the venue to $10 or even $15?

i just think attendance is gonna suffer because of it

Overswarm

is laughing at you
To Everyone who is bringing Setups we thank you and really need them in order to get this tournament done in time. We don't need Tv's but we do need Wii's and Cubes with copies of Brawl and Melee. Unfortunately though, due how much we're paying to put this tournament on we can not give price cuts on the venue fee for these set ups.
Wait, you're charging a much larger than average venue fee, giving no discounts, and asking us to bring $200 systems with $50 games + memory cards for melee so your tournament runs smoother?

If it was a smaller venue fee and we got no discount I could understand, but if you're asking people to pay that much and use "we're giving the money to the winners instead of using them for price cuts on the venue free price cuts" as a reason..... tastes salty.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord

Yeah, this definitely. $10 a day is fine, but it should only need to be paid if your entering both tournaments, and therefore using the venue each day. For Melee/Brawl only, it should just be $10. I want to see this tournament do well (as it might mean I'm coming to it) so that's a good idea.

Notra

Smash Ace
**** This ****.
No Picto Chat And No Japes = Falco Is Done. Ty For No Cp's For Falco/didds

F Dis **** Doh.

Notra Wont Be Here, Change ****in Cps Midwest. Ty Really Becoming Annoying.

PRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Notra

Smash Ace
Didn't make ya post big or bright enough.
orly?

**** This ****.

F Dis **** Doh.

PRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
orly?

**** This ****.

F Dis **** Doh.

prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
the Ignorance Here Is Baffling My Soul

Calebyte

Smash Lord
To Everyone who is bringing Setups we thank you and really need them in order to get this tournament done in time. We don't need Tv's but we do need Wii's and Cubes with copies of Brawl and Melee. Unfortunately though, due how much we're paying to put this tournament on we can not give price cuts on the venue fee for these set ups.
Hmmm. >_>

Oh well, I'll still bring my Wii and Brawl. It's kind of strange the need for Wiis and Cubes wasn't made known until attendees started asking about it, but whatever.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful

Yeah.. TT__TT I really want to goo, but $20.00 venue fee is pretty pricey. I'm willing to bring my Wii even without the discount to help yah guys. But-- I don't know if I'll have the money. I'm paying more for my venue than the tournament itself. >__<; If I do go I probably wouldn't have enough to enter Brawl.. so.. that'd be kind of pointless.. We'll see but at the moment not looking so good.. but good luck!

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
But during Pound 4 I had money for the bus, and plus I knew I was going to enter beforehand. But, I still lacked money.. only $30-40, and it was all stolen. So I struggled for food for five days. I don't want to go through that again. I probably just won't have the money for this.

Cook

Smash Master
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn Ally got you. Because he just said that YOU were ugly. Unless you have a brother. But I still think he was talking about you.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I just payed with my brother. Um this is the first time i've ever reged online so how does one know i'm me? Sorry if it seems like a dumb Question but I don't want to lose my money and i'm nervous about that.

VGBootCamp

Smash Apprentice
When you come to the tournament tell us who you are, name, email, and tag(we'll have a sign in table)

Also bring your receipt from Google Check Out.

Kel

Smash Master
I may be going to this and may need a partner depending on how rides + Kel is turning out
I'll be going if I get a ride.

Brawl should be Saturday so that the Melee guys that want to go to that other tournament can go to that and THEN this on sunday

VGBootCamp

Smash Apprentice
I'll be going if I get a ride.

Brawl should be Saturday so that the Melee guys that want to go to that other tournament can go to that and THEN this on sunday
You're mistaken. The other tournament has Melee on Sunday and Brawl on Saturday

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
wonders how many people are actually going to both tournaments on this weekend.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Wait, you're charging a much larger than average venue fee, giving no discounts, and asking us to bring $200 systems with $50 games + memory cards for melee so your tournament runs smoother?

If it was a smaller venue fee and we got no discount I could understand, but if you're asking people to pay that much and use "we're giving the money to the winners instead of using them for price cuts on the venue free price cuts" as a reason..... tastes salty.
Mark your calendars, Overswarm and I are in complete agreement.

You NEED our systems to be able to have a tournament. We would probably be willing to pay a $10 venue fee AND bring our systems. At least I would. But to pay 20 bucks to enter the venue for one day, and pay for gas, and pay for a hotel, and pay entry fee (entry fee being the smallest of all these amounts, but the most important to people trying to win money) it just doesn't add up right.

$20 non-deductible venue fee while asking for our setups...sucks.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
Mark your calendars, Overswarm and I are in complete agreement.

You NEED our systems to be able to have a tournament. We would probably be willing to pay a $10 venue fee AND bring our systems. At least I would. But to pay 20 bucks to enter the venue for one day, and pay for gas, and pay for a hotel, and pay entry fee (entry fee being the smallest of all these amounts, but the most important to people trying to win money) it just doesn't add up right.

$20 non-deductible venue fee while asking for our setups...sucks.
Pound 4 did it, ROMs did it, most major tournies do this...

Also the hotel room prices at this are so cheap that with the venue fee it's probably cheaper then most nationals anyway. (44.99 for a night!?)

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Actually, I have a question about the venue fee. Even though it's $20.00... what if you only attend for one day: Me being Sunday, instead of both Saturday and Sunday. Since $20.00 is for both days (Sat+Sun) it would make a little more sense and fair to only have to pay half if you are only going for one day. I'll be attending Sunday only, not Saturday. So it's a little pricey for just going one day. I wouldn't mind paying for $10.00 for the one day I'll be going.

Top Bottom