• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGBootCamp Indianapolis: 2/20th-21st/2010, GET HYPED! Ally, M2K, ChuDat, Neo!!!

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
sweet my name is on the regged list. one of my friends should make it for brawl i've heard he looks like justin timberlake who ever that is. also HYPE

PEEF!

Smash Hero
They better be.

ICG 1$ MM? Only if you lose you don't have to pay me anything?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
LOL people alreadly thinking I suck more than I do, whatever yeah Rich I will. Really I don't have much money for MMs or anything.

Also I would really love to commtey at least one match I need to build up my speacking skills for when I become president.

does ICG mean ichy cat guts?

also active corn

PEEF!

Smash Hero
The title of this thread should include Hungrybox (2nd best melee player in world), not just 3 brawl players if you want melee attention.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Great news after walking around wanting to make something i'm making me a straight jacket and i've saved over $200. So I will be in a white straight jacket.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
The title of this thread should include Hungrybox (2nd best melee player in world), not just 3 brawl players if you want melee attention.
plus i dont think the presence of mike haze is gonna tempt anyone into coming

edit: i'll help you guys make pools/brackets for melee if you let me out of the venue fee, i'm really good at it

PEEF!

Smash Hero
plus i dont think the presence of mike haze is gonna tempt anyone into coming
LOL

I hate that this is pre-reg. =[

Do I have to pay early? I don't even have a card or online payment method...

hunger!

Smash Champion
wow. this tourney is looking promising now. too bad i cant make it cause the horrible schedule thing and having to be home early monday =(

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Hungry Box hasn't 100% confirmed yet, once he does we'll add him.
None of the other guys are 100% confirmed yet, are they? Or at least the registration list isn't updated. Hope to see some more Melee hype soon.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Is nobody tryna team with me? Tomacawk? If not I'm gonna get this registration goin.

Icyo

Smash Ace
You should team with crazy guy. He'll probably end up winning both singles and doubles.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
LOL can you reg for doubles after regging for singles? Also you don't want to team with me I don't play anyone worth while but I will bid my time like a shark when you are on a raft you will fall asleep and I will sallow you whole when you fall asleep.

VGBootCamp

Smash Apprentice
Like Pound, at the tournament we will confirm Team mates. If you or your team mate came together after you pre-regged, then you can pay at the tournament.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Update reg list, or is this how many people who have pre-regged? Having Brawl on a Sunday makes me wonder if I'd be able to drive all the way back home XD

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Like Pound, at the tournament we will confirm Team mates. If you or your team mate came together after you pre-regged, then you can pay at the tournament.
Cool, so can I just pay for singles when I arrive? I am 100% coming, I just don't want to do this going and getting a visa card and all that. I want to walk up to a table and hand someone money. Kinda like the above description of doubles =]

Drephen

Smash Master
yo can we get an update on the venue fee situation?

the best suggestions i heard is $10 per day instead of $20 for both days especially since most people will only be staying for one day

i really think this is gonna stop people from deciding to come or not. And with the rented out room and stuff i dunno the specifics but i think $10 per day is pretty reasonable.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Yeah. I don't think I will come if I have to pay $20.00 for going for Sunday only.
Or if I do go, I won't have enough money for the tournament since all of my money will be going just for one day.. and I kind of want to enter and that wouldn't make any sense to pay $20.00 and not do anything for one day only.
I know other people who are reconsidering not going as well..

I'm sorry. I hope things work out, though.
I still think pay $20.00 if you are going Saturday and Sunday. Pay $10.00 if you are only going Saturday only or Sunday only.

VGBootCamp

Smash Apprentice
Look guys we're spending a lot of money for this tourney. About $3,500 total.

Here's an itemized list:

Renting two rooms for two days: $1070

electricity in the rooms for two days: $1067

Truck Rental to and from Indianapolis: about $1,000

Paying the Econo Lodge to Have a shuttle for two nights: $200

Renting a Hotel Room for 3 nights for VGBootCamp Employees: $165

We would need about 170 people just to BREAK EVEN at this tournament.

The National Circuit just won't happen if you guys aren't willing to pay a $20 Venue Fee. We need your support.

and a Reminder: you can play friendlies on the days your game isn't happening.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
TT__TTv Welp. I'd love to support you guys. I just don't really think I'll have the money. If I do go, I just won't be able to enter the tournament. >__< Which I guess is fine if it helps you guys..
I'll think about it..
If not, good luck and I hope all is well!

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
no offense to vgbootcamp, but since the prizes are simply breakdowns of the pot by %, then you really arent adding extra incentive for people to pay you to run the tournament

its great that you guys are starting a national circuit, but you are making a profit off of us with us getting no real benefit as compared to an independently run event, not to mention we are paying for your hotel room and etc.

you just arent really offering something that most smashers would consider worth directly paying you for. maybe you'll have a table with a fancy sign, you'll have a bunch of different games most of us don't care about, and we're probably not even getting free snacks

i think its tough to imagine a scenario in which, for all 5 separate games you are running tournaments for, you have a total of less than 170 people

i just want you guys to understand the reasoning behind the apprehension at the venue fee

edit: and realistically friendlies on the opposite day of the tournament would be too crowded around a probable 1 or 2 setups, i can play friendlies on any day of my life without paying a venue fee and not have to wait in line

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
VGbootcamp... wow... lol good job, no offense too but if you thought this would be as close as POUND 4. you're on drugs. Already seeing how much you're spending for this tournament, I... wow.... fail. Probably not going anymore, I can probably see a terrible payout coming up.

VGBootCamp

Smash Apprentice
VGbootcamp... wow... lol good job, no offense too but if you thought this would be as close as POUND 4. you're on drugs. Already seeing how much you're spending for this tournament, I... wow.... fail. Probably not going anymore, I can probably see a terrible payout coming up.
We aren't going to take money from the pot to pay for expenses. We don't do things like that

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
People are used to $10 venue fees which sometimes includes food and housing around here. People put up with high venue fees for Pound because it was way more advertised and everyone knew there was going to be a huge turnout. Nobody really knows who's going to end up coming to this.

That said, I'm still willing to pay the extra $10 because people are coming from out of state and it'll be fun. Hopefully more people will suck it up and pay.

Top Bottom