• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VENGEANCE Results - April 7th, 2012 - Cincinnati, OH

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
OS is probably the most covert troll that is actually worth reading, but he never points it out. He just steeples his fingers and laughs in his head.

Bead art that image and I'd probably buy it from you.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Shoutouts later.

Initial:

Composer: I blew up root beer... all over mah pants. :( I sorry if one drip-drop-driplet got on your precious floorboards X_X Otherwise mate thank you once-freakin-again for carpooling me to this, you and squid are just awesome to hang out with man... Same with hades but-

Hades: THE FUTURE SIGHT! THE FUTURE SIGHT! THAT MILKSHAKE MAN! ILL MURDER YOUR YOSHI PLUSHIE NEXT TIME >:( Anyways fun playing friendlies/LoL with you and it was great to hang otherwise even though for 99 percent of the tournament we didn't really talk much. Thank you for carrying my TV when tourney ended.

Squid: Dude... You're so freakin' real. You and Composer. Again, fun as hell to hang. Super choice.

Luckay: Doubles were awesome, and look, we placed right next to eachother, you got your wish >:( if only I hadn't succombed to the taunt and went wario against logicmar lolol I might have stood a chance, he was 100 percent right about the camping thing, my mind was in camping mode after playing against Roller, I guess that's why I was so salty because I couldn't change my mindset once I had stepped into his trap hahaha.

Logic: Again, salt all abound for your second win against me in bracket. Next time I'll do much better! :) Fun set even though you had basically won it by the time I had started shooting arrows on the ledge like an idiot. Haha. Well played.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Clowsui said:
I don't get why you guys are arguing over who's average performance was more legit.
Actually the issue was doubles, specifically my location in bracket: I had to play MJG WR3, which was delayed about 30mins-1hr because he was in doubles, then when I was sent to Losers, I had to wait over an hour because Bpow hadn't yet played his first round of losers (I was in LR4 and he had yet to play his LR2 match).

Really the format would have worked fine had doubles simply been halted once it was top three/four and then force everyone to play their singles matches. The issue is players (more than just myself) were effected by doubles players not playing matches and that significantly delayed things. AM bracket wasn't an issue from what I saw, it ran and finished in an appropriate amount of time.

There may also have been some issues with people trying to play stream matches instead of available station matches. Not entirely sure though, didn't want to closely.

Player-1 said:
lmao, seeding by location is not a luxury, it's a duty of the TO. It shouldn't be happening when it can be EASILY AVOIDED. That's the point I'm trying to get across. Sometimes it's unavoidable, but it most certainly wasn't in this case.
I'm actually with OS on this one. Location based seeding is *not* an accurate method of seeding. It is only done simply to avoid the whole "I drove all this way and lost to someone I could play anyways" syndrome. For this reason, I'll take into account location for usually two rounds, but beyond that it is splitting hairs. Think of it this way: it is not fair for [insert person A] to be able to avoid [insert person B] simply because they play together outside of tournaments, therefor screwing over [insert person C]. Both person A and person C should have the same equal chance to get screwed over by person B.

Basically: Location based seeding should be done at Smash tournaments because it makes things more fun, but it does, in fact, inject bias into the results.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
Shoutouts!

2: Kain - Good **** man. Wish I had stayed to rep our character a little better. 33rd stings even though I knew I had to dip.
3: MJG - Your TL is disgusting. I couldn't keep up with your patience after our 1st/2nd stock in pools. XD
5: Reflex - Your shirt was awesome.
7: Krystedez - KRRRREEEEEESTTTODEEEZZZZZZZZ! Was awesome seeing you and your metal-looking locks.
9: DeLux - I should've asked you to play some friendlies after our set. Like you, I'm pretty inexperienced in that MU and we would've both benefited from playing haha. I kinda just camped the platform game one because I'm not sure if I should be pressuring you or not. So I just treated it as if I was playing a Dedede. XD
9: Roller - It most certainly wasn't haha. I just had places to be because it was a buddy's birthday and whatnot. Kinda sad that I missed out on a rematch against Tech though. I was almost certain that it was going to be OS that I'd have to play, so I left to get supplies haha.
13: SneakyTako - GOOD JERB TAKO! I'm still sad that you couldn't come out to hang with us after the tourney.
17: MX - MX! Good job dude. Was nice seeing you. :D
17: Fizzle - We shall MM next we see each other. Same rules as we discussed haha.
17: Technical_Chase - Kinda salty I missed out on a possible runback against you. XD Oh well though. We'll get a set in at Pingas I'm certain. :D
25: Hadesblade - MICHAEL HAMILTON! You need to come to our state more sir.
25: Ralph Cecil - Didn't get to talk to you here, but good job making it to bracket! You're improving a lot.
25: EddieG - GGs in our MM man. As well as our doubles set. Always nice getting to play with people from the other side of Ohio haha.
33: Kel - I'm sorry the cat did not follow your orders.
33: Clowsui - Great tournament man. Even with the amateur bracket, the tournament still finished at a decent hour compared to some others. XD
33: Crash - Can you get me an interview at the Enquirer?
33: Dooms - Our set was good! I was most definitely motivated throughout it haha.
33: KassandraNova - We did pretty good in doubles! You pulled like 2 bombs as usual. xD Bomb Man would be proud.
33: Ryker - It was nice to get to play against someone from another region! You seemed like a really cool dude too. I take it you don't have many Wolves down there, do you? XD The MU can be pretty brutal if Falco doesn't know what to expect.
33: Sovereign - So glad you came to this Sovsies. And that you came to Kurt's! Saturday was a blast. Hopefully you can come out soon again so we don't have to wait 8 months!

-------------

5: TheKiest - Nice job in AM Keist! Nice seeing as always man.
9: Juushichi - Didn't get to talk to you much at this Juu, but good seeing you!
9: SoulPech - Whenever you wanna play, just come up to me. I'm all for helping people out!
13: Radium - Nice seeing you Rauleen!
13: K.Rung - Still searching for a main I see! Once you settle on a character I think you'll see a lot of improvement man.
17: Steep - GGs in pools sir. Always a pleasure playing against your Mario! You get better every time I see you!
17: DtJ Composer - I wish you could teach me to model. I just care way too much.
25: Betadyne - Keep it up Oliver! You've got the tech skill down, just work on your mind games and not SD'ing now! Lol. Those are your next steps!
25: Cameron - Nice seeing you dude. I'm sad we didn't get to play!
25: DtJ Dextersquaid - You've made me so happy son. Treat your Wofl well and you will be rewarded.

To anyone I missed because of pools cut offs, sorries! <3

DtJ forever even though I didn't go

At least I was there in spirit
I wore a suit in your absense, Clifford.

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
1: Carls ($28.8) - Fun set in WF. We definitely need to play again sometime.
2: Papa Z ($13.2) - Good sets, sorry I couldn't offer more advice :/
3: ShadowPhoenix ($8.4) - Step it up. You're better than AM bracket.
4: Jt556 ($4.8)
5: TheKiest ($2.4) - Good set, sorry for playing so gay. :/
5: Hoboz ($2.4) - Thanks for help carrying the TV
7: DrillBitSammy
7: Red Ryu
9: Juushichi - Good set in bracket, your Pit scared me.
9: SoulPech - You have the best tag ever. ;D
9: Falcon Fist
9: Gifts
13: Radium - Thanks for helping run the tournament, it was great :D
13: Wiggy
13: K.Rung
13: JTsm
17: ToastBread
17: Steep
17: DK296
17: WolfOfMay
17: DtJ Composer
17: LunaLang
17: Jared
17: Commander Gregorius - Good set in pools, your ROB had me scared
25: Betadyne - Your Wolf is better than this point
25: Judge
25: Travesty
25: Silver
25: Cameron
25: DtJ Dextersquaid

1: Ally ($379.20)
2: Kain ($173.80)
3: MJG ($110.60)
4: Fino #JetSkis #RIP #NeverForget ($63.20)
5: Reflex ($31.60)
5: Logic ($31.60)
7: Luckay
7: Krystedez
9: DeLux
9: Player-1
9: Roller - Sorry we didn't get to play (either in bracket, pools, MM, or a crew battle) :/
9: DRN
13: Judo
13: Alphazealot
13: DLA
13: SneakyTako - Always fun to hang out with you. Unfortunate that we didn't get to play
17: Zeton - Oh ****. I still owe you $5. Remind me next time we're at the same tourney.
17: Dyno
17: MX
17: Legan - Ggs in pools.
17: Fizzle - Always fun to talk to you.
17: FAE
17: Zinoto
17: Technical_Chase - Sorry we didn't get to crew battle :/
25: Hadesblade
25: FF Ori_bro - As said to the others, sorry for no crew battle.
25: Ralph Cecil - Damn boy, you're really stepping it up. I'm impressed.
25: Bpow - Ggs.
25: WTP - Ggs.
25: Overswarm
25: Light
25: EddieG
33: Mister Eric - Fun friendlies, we need to MM once I feel ready as Falco
33: Chris4ever
33: Kel
33: Spec - Hey, thanks for taking the other half of Lexington. And really, we all need to seriously learn a secondary for Icies.
33: Clowsui - Thanks for hosting this!
33: Zyth
33: Crash
33: Nope
33: Bonds
33: Tmacc
33: Dooms
33: Scythe
33: KassandraNova
33: Ryker
33: Luminoth64
33: Sovereign

And, MI as a whole. I'd like to apologize for my behavior in the previous thread. I'm forced to admit that at the moment, you all are better than KY as a whole.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
And, MI as a whole. I'd like to apologize for my behavior in the previous thread. I'm forced to admit that at the moment, you all are better than KY as a whole.
You are cool in my book SP :ibwc:

I eagerly await the day our state vs state crew battle happens.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Esam vs nick riddle, ally vs holy totally acceptable R3 winners of a regional.

Sorry clowsui and hilt, I didn't mean for it get blown out of proportion like this it was just a minor detail that wasn't that big of a deal (at least I didn't think so). The tournament was still awesome <3

:phone:

BetaDyne

Smash Cadet
In all honesty ShadowPhoenix I know it is....

-Johns approaching-
I was sick as hell, lost my voice to point of being unable to speak at all. Had been up for over 24 hours cause I had to work before I drove to Cinci and hadn't eaten since before I left for Cinci. All in all I'm thoroughly disappointed in myself. I lost to so many people that I shouldn't have lost too.....went auto pilot by the time AM bracket started and dropped out.

I'm gonna leave it at that before it gets worse.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Esam vs nick riddle, ally vs holy totally acceptable R3 winners of a regional.

Sorry clowsui and hilt, I didn't mean for it get blown out of proportion like this it was just a minor detail that wasn't that big of a deal (at least I didn't think so). The tournament was still awesome <3

Yeah, pretty much. It'd be fine R1 too. We just try to take steps to fix that because we're little league.

If I was running a giant national circuit with huge cash prizes, it'd be completely randomized and then base seeds off of their performance. I just like to seed by location because it sucks playing people you know all the time.

Radium88

Smash Lord
I agree with AZ on this one. AM I thought finished at a decent time. Matches were held up for livestream and players needed "breaks" before playing their next sets. I think breaks needed to be timed and if not ready after, 5 mins, then too bad. Lose a stock or something.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I agree with AZ on this one. AM I thought finished at a decent time. Matches were held up for livestream and players needed "breaks" before playing their next sets. I think breaks needed to be timed and if not ready after, 5 mins, then too bad. Lose a stock or something.

Biggest issue was starting singles before doubles was finished. Doubles was put on one setup when three matches could be played simultaneously. If they had waited for one more round of matches, we'd have been able to have losers finals and then winners finals and been done. But since there were five matches left on one station, it resulted in an artificial bottleneck. This became much worse when someone told people to play their singles matches, resulting in every match being delayed for an entire singles set to finish. On top of all this, Kel and I were called to play MJG and Kain when we were supposed to be playing someone else and played the first two games of the set before the other team came up to play us.

TL;DR, don't tell people in doubles to play singles while doubles is going on, reserve setups for doubles that = the exact amount of matches that can be played at the same time. Profit.

The amateur bracket I thought was a really good idea.

I didn't like singles pools before doubles, but it did run better on time I guess.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Singles Bracket

1: Ally ($379.20) - Good job winning the tournament and nice seeing you again. Would have liked to play your Snake at this. You obliterated Kain like everyone else this tourney was nothing lol.
2: Kain ($173.80) - Yo watching you is so hype. That double bair to spike was probably my favorite moment of top 4, also great job ****** fino after losing game 1 with a crap controller.
3: MJG ($110.60) - Yo you are hilarious and a really chill guy. You guys pretty much gave us the **** in doubles hands down.
4: Fino #JetSkis #RIP #NeverForget ($63.20) - Good job beating Logic in the ditto, making him salty the ride back home lol.
5: Reflex ($31.60) - Best wario for real, I had no idea what to do vs you in our set. You're great at avoiding arrows and punishing.
5: Logic ($31.60) - This was probably the first tourney where we actually hung out, you're actually really fun to be around and hilarious at times with your trolling. That pedobear hat lmao. Never crossing the streets of ohio to get you breakfast at IHOP ever again though lol. Good job winning doubles with ally, you definitely could do better than fifth though. Great set vs Judo too, you had headphones in, but me and bio were like the only ones rooting for you lol.
7: Luckay - Luckay numba 7 :yeahboi:
7: Krystedez - I probably should have helped you out more during your set vs Logic, I only saw the game of game 2. We did great in doubles though, I feel like we could have gone a little farther if we were more in sync. O, but that placing with solo :pit: while you had to go :wario: with your :pit:. Better step it up, or the top 5 Pit list gonna need some changin.
9: DeLux-Good job in doubles and nice to finally meet you since I didn't see you at Apex. Nice job on 9th.
9: Player-1 - Our set was probably my favorite this tourney, it could have gone either way. You ***** me whenever I landed so I just flew away the whole time lol. Shoutouts to 30 minute sets.
9: Roller - That easy bracket tho? Good to see you again man, you're too cool. We should play next time tho.
9: DRN - Didn't get to play or meet you, maybe next time! Nice job top 10.
13: Judo - Hype set vs Logic, but I was rooting for MD. You're lucky he let you pick your ps2 again.
13: Alphazealot - Ggs in bracket, you really helped me with the diddy matchup just in time because I had to play p1 right after you.
13: DLA - Screw DK on yoshi's. I probably would have went Pit for game 3 though, my pikachu wont cut it anymore. O, but that reverse 3 stock on your falco :awesome:
13: SneakyTako - Awesome name.
17: Zeton - Hilarious mofo right here, especially when he's super hungry at 2 am. "Alright, lets all go to IHOP, refuel, and then head to chi's house to finish finals." lmao
17: Dyno - sup.
17: MX - Nice Yoshi, ggs in bracket you ***** my Peach lol.
17: Legan - Nice meeting you, you're super chill and hilarious at the same time. Your comments when finals were going on were amazing.
17: Fizzle - Ggs in dubs.
17: FAE - Nice to meet you, super fancy lucas. You ***** us in teams, I have no idea what to do against that strat. I got revenge in singles though. Sorry about you getting sick at the tourney. Also, that picture of you is mad funny.
17: Zinoto - Nice to meet you and play the guy MI hyped up for the tourney. Not bad for your first regional, you'll get there. Your diddy is definitely legit.
17: Technical_Chase - Good seeing you again, and getting to play you this time. That team name too good lol. Really chill dude right here.
25: Hadesblade - Ggs in our MM, never been taken to brinstar by Yoshi before lol. You're yoshi is really good, I was so scared.
25: FF Ori_bro - Ggs in the hotel room, thanks for letting us stay in there and friendly with you guys. Great olimar you got there.
25: Ralph Cecil - Sup.
25: Bpow - Good **** in teams, didn't expect your team to go that far.
25: WTP - Sup.
25: Overswarm - Sup.
25: Light - Sup.
25: EddieG - Good to see you again man. Drop Marth, bring Peach back to amazing status because you're so good with her. Ggs in MM.
33: Mister Eric - Sup.
33: Chris4ever - Sup.
33: Kel - Ggs in pools, I bet Pit is hard to fight without mk. :cool:
33: Spec - Sup.
33: Clowsui - Nicely run tournament, lateness wasn't much of an issue because finishing in the hotel room was pretty chill. Ally:"This feels like friendlies." Well said.
33: Zyth - Sup.
33: Crash - Sup.
33: Nope - Ggs in dubs and friendliesss.
33: Bonds - Sup.
33: Tmacc - Sup.
33: Dooms - Sup.
33: Scythe - Sup.
33: KassandraNova - Sucks you got cp'd ddd. Thanks for the tips vs yoshi with Peach, though I still got ***** by MX lol.
33: Ryker - Sup.
33: Luminoth64 - Sup.
33: Sovereign - I think you were the one in the Apple Jack shirt. If so, well played sir. If not, sup.

Amateur Bracket

1: Carls ($28.8) - Good job Fox, welcome to the AMbrax winners club.
2: Papa Z ($13.2) -Sup.
3: ShadowPhoenix ($8.4)- Sup.
4: Jt556 ($4.8) -:sonic:? Ggs in pools.
5: TheKiest ($2.4) -Sup.
5: Hoboz ($2.4) - Sup.
7: DrillBitSammy - Sup.
7: Red Ryu - Sup.
9: Juushichi - Forgot to play you and teach you some :pit:, sorry :(. Oh well, next time. Nice meeting you though.
9: SoulPech - Sup.
9: Falcon Fist - Sup.
9: Gifts - Sup.
13: Radium - Nice meeting you and playing your kirby. You're really nice.
13: Wiggy - Sup.
13: K.Rung - Sup.
13: JTsm - Sup?
17: ToastBread - Sup. Fun first tourney?
17: Steep - Sup.
17: DK296 - Sup.
17: WolfOfMay - Sup.
17: DtJ Composer - Sup.
17: LunaLang - Soup.
17: Jared - Sup.
17: Commander Gregorius - Sup.
25: Betadyne - Sup.
25: Judge - Sup.
25: Travesty - Sup.
25: Silver - Sup.
25: Cameron - Sup.
25: DtJ Dextersquaid - Sup.

Extra shoutouts:

Hilt - Good job running the tournament. Nice megaphone.
Bio - Legit stream aside from the fact you didn't have a brawl disc lol. Good thing I brought my wii so we could finish finals.
Seagullman - Wtf happened.
Pitzer - Thanks for showin up.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ryker - It was nice to get to play against someone from another region! You seemed like a really cool dude too. I take it you don't have many Wolves down there, do you? XD The MU can be pretty brutal if Falco doesn't know what to expect.
We've got McPe in GA. I've never played him in singles or friendlies, so I've seen him only in a single doubles match and my nightmares.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
My GOD THAT FIRST PAGE!

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Shoutouts later

I would have came but I don't see Rikku's name anywhere on this list.

HOW IS A MAN SUPPOSED TO QUENCH HIS THIRST WHEN HIS FAVORITE GATORADE ISN'T AT THE VENUE?!?!?!?
This Had me Dying!!!

DLA, God Kais are watching you... keep it up...

Radium88

Smash Lord
In all honesty ShadowPhoenix I know it is....

-Johns approaching-
I was sick as hell, lost my voice to point of being unable to speak at all. Had been up for over 24 hours cause I had to work before I drove to Cinci and hadn't eaten since before I left for Cinci. All in all I'm thoroughly disappointed in myself. I lost to so many people that I shouldn't have lost too.....went auto pilot by the time AM bracket started and dropped out.

I'm gonna leave it at that before it gets worse.
Damn, errbody in da smash gettin sick-y...

Anyways, I figured you got sick hence the lack of conversation during our wind jammers event. But fun nonetheless! Nice meeting you!

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Couple of quick shoutouts:
Luckay/Logic -- Who ordered the Watermelon Sprite?
DeLux -- Loved watching your doubles sets w/ FAE, Phil. Nice job!
Legan -- What Luckay said ^ All of the God Kais are super chill & fun to hang out with
Composer/Squid -- Really hoped I could talk to you both more, never happened, maybe next time? #nee-sportschan
Fanfan -- Nice seeing you and that fedora. Shoutouts to stream monsters XD
Rauleen -- Sorry for running that light
Clowsui/Hilt -- Great venue, amazing tournament altogether. Sorry about the setup issues in the beginning
Kain -- thank you very much! :bee:

And shoutouts to all of the commentators -- MJG, AZ, Logic, Kiest, and a couple others I don't remember off of the top of my head -- for doing a superb job on commentary. I'll try and get done videos tonight, just have to upload the ones that are saved now and WF/LF/GF of Singles on the emulator.

Top Bottom