• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VENGEANCE Results - April 7th, 2012 - Cincinnati, OH

Kirikou Rung

Smash Apprentice
GGs Everyone. Wish i could have gone farther with my Kirby, but i'll keep working on it. Ally i will beat you one day and Ori_bro the same goes for you. XD

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I see alpha zealot

incoming moderating, careful boys

Looks like this was a fun event though, i watched some of the stream but the matches weren't interesting. Nice to see you bracket rigged a logic vs judo rematch, and i'm glad PS beat him and made whoever did that look dumb for doing so.

Although PS you can't be losing olimar dittos to fino, please step it up. You've now lost to every olimar main like ever except tin man

Overswarm

is laughing at you
1: Ally ($379.20) :snake:
2: Kain ($173.80) :wolf:
3: MJG ($110.60) :toonlink:
4: Fino #JetSkis #RIP #NeverForget ($63.20) :olimar: ?
5: Reflex ($31.60) :wario:
5: Logic ($31.60) :olimar:
7: Luckay :pit:
7: Krystedez :pit: / :wario:
9: DeLux :popo:
9: Player-1 :diddy:
9: Roller :popo:
9: DRN :zerosuitsamus:
13: Judo :sheik:
13: Alphazealot :diddy:
13: DLA :ganondorf: / :falco: / :dk2:
13: SneakyTako :rob: / :dedede:
17: Zeton :fox:
17: Dyno :wario:
17: MX :yoshi2: / :fox:
17: Legan :zerosuitsamus: / :marth: ?
17: Fizzle :dedede: / :falco:
17: FAE :lucas:
17: Zinoto :diddy:
17: Technical_Chase :dedede: / :wario:
25: Hadesblade :yoshi2:
25: FF Ori_bro :olimar: / :marth: ?
25: Ralph Cecil :snake:
25: Bpow :wario:
25: WTP :dedede:
25: Overswarm :rob:
25: Light
25: EddieG :marth: / :peach:
33: Mister Eric :rob:
33: Chris4ever
33: Kel :marth:
33: Spec
33: Clowsui :marth:
33: Zyth :dk2:
33: Crash :luigi2:
33: Nope :snake:
33: Bonds :snake:
33: Tmacc :wario:
33: Dooms
33: Scythe
33: KassandraNova :peach:
33: Ryker
33: Luminoth64 :wolf:
33: Sovereign :zerosuitsamus: ?

Well....I got most of them. Feel free to correct anything that I might have missed.
I was ROB/Marth

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I see alpha zealot

incoming moderating, careful boys

Looks like this was a fun event though, i watched some of the stream but the matches weren't interesting. Nice to see you bracket rigged a logic vs judo rematch, and i'm glad PS beat him and made whoever did that look dumb for doing so.

Although PS you can't be losing olimar dittos to fino, please step it up. You've now lost to every olimar main like ever except tin man
So what if it was? It created hype. That person would have been a fool not to imho, bracket theory be damned in this case lol.

:phone:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
25: Overswarm - If you had a metalgear shaped thingy, I would've bought it! xD
You can always order it in the thread!

I mail this stuff out too, so if you have anything particular in mind and you'd like it mailed, just send me a PM or order it in another tournament thread I'm going to.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I'd just like to add that I have never been anything short of cordial in my demeanor towards Kass at tournaments. She on the other hand has been a complete douche nozzle to me. The first time I met her we played in pools. I 2-0'd her and she refused to shake my hand afterwards. She then went around the venue in a very similar fashion to this weekend telling everyone about how it was bs, and was incredibly unsportsmanlike on the whole.

Before our last match, we had been arguing on the boards about her horrible attitude at the tourney mentioned above. When we had to play, I walked up to the setup, smiled, said hello, and proceeded to get cold shouldered throughout the match. Afterwards I shook her hand, congratulated her, and she said nothing back. Being as ****ish as ever.

At that same tournament, she coached every player in her pool against Sparta Kick (another MI player) mid-game. Not that it helped them much, as quite frankly her advice is garbage. And SK 10-0'd his pool.

At THE SAME tournament she was yelling in Tech's ear, demoralizing him during one of his matches. Granted this happens, and other people do it, so it's not one of her worse offenses, but it is incredibly rude none the less.

The last time she faced WTP (with MK legal) he bodied her, she whipped her controller out (like she did again this time) and stormed off. KEL had to shake WTP's hand and apologize for her.

Kass has been a complete ***** over and over again to multiple MI players. It's not justified, and it reflects horribly on her as a person. She deserves everything I said, and worse.

Meanwhile, I play her, I act sportsmanlike. When I played Sold-2 (another KY player), I was more than friendly. When I played Ralph Cecil, I was nothing short of nice. And I don't believe I have ever wronged Shadow Phoenix, Judo, Mr. Eric, or any other KY player on any occasion we have ever met at a tourney.

A bit of trolling back and forth on the boards is cool and all. I'm all for it. Obviously. But there is absolutely no reason for what she gets away with. Especially to players like WTP who have never wronged her in any way, shape, or form; either on the boards, or irl.

When you make comments like, "I can't believe I'm losing to you!" during a match. Completely unprovoked by that player... You deserve whatever **** you get for it.

She has been getting special treatment, and her bs anger management problems go overlooked by the community mostly because she has a vagina. **** that ****. I have slain enough bitties in MI/NJ. I don't give a **** about a ***** with an attitude from 2 states away hating me.

**** you Kass. You are a scumbag bully who wouldn't know what sportsmanship was if Kel f***ed your k*** with it.

Do whatever you want on the internet. But for the love of God, start treating people with common decency when speaking/playing/interacting in whatever way with them at tourneys, or you're going to get that **** right back. Why can't you just do to the rest of MI what you do with me? Just not say anything and go our own separate ways at tourneys, not interacting more than needed?

tldr; lrn2interactwithhumanbeingsyousociopathic*****.

OMFG.......WOWWWWW LMAOOOOOOOOOO

Shoutouts later after I recover from nearly dying of laughter.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Ally ($379.20) - Good seeing you again! Your english has improved by a million times since I first met you at Dastrn's tournaments in Indiana; it kind of makes me wish I had learned another language in the same timeframe! Didn't get to see any of your singles matches, but I'm sure I'll get another shot.

2: Kain ($173.80)
3: MJG ($110.60)

Wish we had gotten to finish our set, it took us a game to figure out wtf to do. Once I realized "oh, just go up to challenge instead of waiting for him to land" it got easier actually dealing damage to the toon link, which made our job much easier. Dunno how we would have done on your CP, since the small sides helped us actually get kills but didn't help your characters that much. Was a lot of fun learning though.

4: Fino #JetSkis #RIP #NeverForget ($63.20) - Fun friendlies early on, next time you see me I'll probably have switched to another character again XD

5: Reflex ($31.60) - Really enjoyed watching your Wario in doubles, it's a lot of fun and very aggressive.

7: Krystedez - Fun matches! Sorry if you wanted me to take it super serious, but I've been done with that for a while and dunno if I'll get back into it. I've always enjoyed seeing you at tournaments though, you're a nice guy and you legitimately have fun just playing the game.

13: Alphazealot - Good job placing high out of practice!
13: SneakyTako - GJ Sneaky!

17: FAE - Your Lucas was fun to play against. Probably shouldn't have played my Marth without having played the matchup before, just like with every other set, but it was a lot of fun and I'd do it again. ^_^

17: Zinoto - Wish I had stopped for refueling in pools :B

17: Technical_Chase - Sorry about our first set, I know that had to have been a frustrating way to start a tournament. I'll have to sit down and show you how to stop that; you started to get it towards the end, but if you're gonna play D3 you gotta know how to deal with the really lame camping style.

25: Ralph Cecil - Our pools matches were fun too, I enjoyed it despite having to figure out the matchup as we played. I need to play friendlies with you or something to learn instead of just jumping into tournament.

33: Mister Eric - beep beep?
33: Clowsui - TOURNAMENT!
33: Crash - I still think you should have been perpetually shaving with a brush and straight razor the entire tournament.
33: Nope - Good to see you back!
33: Dooms - I got my revenge! (Thanks Ally for telling me to start as ROB instead of Marth :B)
33: Ryker - Fun seeing you here, thanks for purchasing proto man
33: Sovereign - Nice seeing you come back too!

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
17: Technical_Chase - Sorry about our first set, I know that had to have been a frustrating way to start a tournament. I'll have to sit down and show you how to stop that; you started to get it towards the end, but if you're gonna play D3 you gotta know how to deal with the really lame camping style.
No, thank you for the set it was a very different experience. It shows I have a lot to work on as a player. You just outplayed/gayed me. GGs!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
No problem, bro. You're a pretty cool guy when I'm not posturing to try and keep you from controlling the flow of conversation. 10/10 would ride again.
Most people don't understand the difference between mafia personality and real life personality. Meh to them.

No, thank you for the set it was a very different experience. It shows I have a lot to work on as a player. You just outplayed/gayed me. GGs!
You were getting it by the third game, it's just hard to keep a lead when you only get one D-throw per grab.

A few things you can do to stop ROB ledge camping:

1. Run up and shield as he jumps off the ledge, then grab him if he does an aerial.

It works, it really does. Especially vs. a laser.

2. Shield by the ledge, then jump and slow fall dair over the ledge.

You shouldn't go under the stage and should be hovering in ROB's blind spot range (noon to 6 o'clock) so I can't hit you with a surprise aerial. It doesn't do much damage if I'm able to DI out of it, but it deal some damage and you aren't in danger. Plus, if I try to run away by falling you get to just take the ledge from me.

3. If you're ahead in percent, stand on top of a platform and just jump when I jump, and air dodge when I start a laser animation.

ROB's ledge camping game is all about shield poking. Other than his opponent ****ing up, he can't deal any damage at all, ever. When he does he deals 2-4% with his laser. His gyro is the only real damage dealer and the only thing that gives him stage control (just run into and shield and it'll disappear). If you're standing above him, his gyro won't work. So, get above him and you only have to worry about the laser. When ROB jumps off the ledge, you jump straight up from your platform. When ROB ***** his head back, you air dodge. If ROB uses his up+b to go higher, fast fall and air dodge, then run to the ledge and shield. You shouldn't take much, if any damage.

4. Be a boss and stand at f-tilt range and just shield my lasers and occasionally f-tilt if you think you can time it.

This takes a long time to do anything, but you'll deal more damage than ROB will and believe it or not, ROB will run out of fuel if you scare him enough. He gets a tiny boost when he touches the ledge, but he only actually regains fuel on stage (he'll roll on stage every time in this case, as that gives him fuel; free d-throw across the stage). So keep him there long enough and one d-tilt or f-tilt to follow up bair (he'll always air dodge into the stage at low fuel) can take off a ROB stock.

Plus, if you make him keep grabbing the edge but not safe to jump on, he'll pump up his ledge grabs and waste a lot of time. Just let him, then stall him out. It's win/win. You spend five minutes shielding his lasers, he suddenly can't win unless he takes all your stock because he grabbed over the ledge grab limit. It's stupid, but if the ruleset artificially helps your character, use it.

Once you get a stock lead, it's basically game in this matchup. If you get a huge percentage lead it pretty much does the same thing.

good luck! :B

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
25: Ralph Cecil- Didn't get to play. Good job not only making it to bracket, but taking a bracket set as well.
I won 2 matches though. QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ Also we need to play next time, because for the last 2 tourneys we've both been to we said we'd MM/play and we never did. >_< Also we need to do the MI vs KY crew battle next time as well. =D

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Indeed, OS. Knowing that vs ROB will help out tremendously.

You better warm up that D3, Tako.

Prelim apologies @ Roller, Tech, Ori, Reflex, DRN and others. I meant to play you guys at some point on Saturday (for Tech, MM) but kinda got sucked into the flow and ended up helping Clow and Hilt run bracket for a good part of the back half. For the former three, I guess I'll play you guys at the next event we're both at. For the AL/GA car, if I can I'll try to travel to the regional Ryker mentioned to me yesterday.

Full shoutouts later.

[EDIT:] Also let it be known that Ryker's Link is awful and it gets bodied by a Minus-inspired Samus from a Mario main. Stay free Ryker. <3

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
So what if it was? It created hype. That person would have been a fool not to imho, bracket theory be damned in this case lol.

You're absolutely correct in fact

I've done the very same thing in the past, but extremely subtly, and by accurately predicting match winners and upsets, so it doesn't appear that way

Creates major fun and hype

What's The Point

Smash Master
It was probably a double censor. Ks tend to replace Cs in that case.
Smashboards censors by replacing all the letters with * and it doesn't cover the k swap. He manually censored himself there because he wanted us to know what word he meant.

Either Roller needs Hooked on Phonics or there's a new part of the woman's anatomy I didn't know about.
We've made some discoveries since you started focusing on the male genitals. But nothing with a k.

I probably would have done shout outs but I've been trying to determine what k*** is.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
This tourney was amazing, I had a blast. I'll post shoutouts later.
- btw I used :olimar: mostly I only won 2 games with :popo: total.

LOL a that pic FAE

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Shoutouts... I'm doing this from my phone so don't expect too much lol.

Shoutouts to my bracket for giving me most of Ganon's worst MUs. At least it gave me a chance to pimp out my secondaries.

1: Ally ($379.20)--Good ****, I was really impressed by your snake this tournament. You absolutely **** on Kain, and he's a beast at that MU. Nice seeing you again elliot, stay classy.
2: Kain ($173.80)--you ***** this tournament too. Forget GFs lol. How's your ***?
3: MJG ($110.60)--Rough SDs against kain. Thanks for the fries. You're a chill dude. Waiting in the hotel would have been a lot worse if the god kais weren't there to be hilarious.
4: Fino #JetSkis #RIP #NeverForget ($63.20)--nice seeing you again man. Coolest dude but I dread fighting you in tournament lol.
5: Reflex ($31.60)--was looking forward to playing you but it never happened. I was impressed by your wario in dubs though.
5: Logic ($31.60)--i'm happy to see you're losing to MW again lol. Seriously though thanks for coming out so often, we love seeing you guys.
7: Luckay--nice to finally meet you. 08 Wifi clanmates son. Pools set was lulzy, I was salty that I let you reverse 3 stock me game 2. That MU lol. Nice job getting 7th, very impressive
7: Krystedez--had fun chilling with you. Rock band was hype. Friendlies were fun too. Glad to see you doing better with pit.
9: DeLux--good stuff. I definitely see now that you deserved to make it out of pools at Apex. Good ****
9: Player-1--didn't get to meet you. Saw you almost lose to a Link though muahahaha. Nice 9th.
9: Roller--sorry about any saltiness during/after the set. I was 2-0ing everyone and playing the best tournament sets of my life up to that point and I felt unstoppable...as long as I didn't have to fight any ICs. I seriously have no answer for them. My playstyle is completely incompatible with fighting that cheesy-*** character. Thanks to you though I'm gonna buckle down and find a solid way to beat them...since wario clearly didn't work lol. Anyways nice job getting 9th...and please continue the blowups for our viewing pleasure. It's really entertaining.
9: DRN--I wanted to play you... I love ganon vs. Zss haha. Oh well, nice 9th
13: Judo--really bummed that you lost to Logic. It was still really impressive though. One of my fav players.
13: Alphazealot--nice seeing you, wish I got to play more than 1/3rd of a friendly with you.
13: DLA--Dat Lazy Acronym
13: SneakyTako--TAKO. PPL was fun as hell. Garbage blocks are garbage though! Score mode's the best I swear. Also very nice job in bracket man.
17: Zeton--I heard you got gayed again this tournament lol. The life of a spacie must suck. Third Strike matches were hype. I got wrecked haha.
17: Dyno--sup
17: MX--very cool guy. I hate going falco against low/mid tiers (I forget which Yoshi is) but it's just such a bad MU for Ganon lol.
17: Legan--let's sleep together again sometime boo.
17: Fizzle--sup
17: FAE--you're too good dude. It took me a few losses to you (plus pink fresh / mekos) to realize how bad Lucas vs. Ganon is. Now you're getting my falco from now on lol.
17: Zinoto--17th aint bad for your first OOS tournament. Absorb the knowledge and do better next time.
17: Technical_Chase--nice 17th. Didn't get to see too much of you here. Nice to see you again though regardless
25: Hadesblade--didn't see too much of you either. I'm ready for your yoshi now though!
25: FF Ori_bro--nice to see you and the rest of MI.
25: Bpow--nice job in doubles, nice seeing you again
25: WTP--nice seeing you again.
25: EddieG--meant to play you but didn't get around to it. Nice seeing you again regardless.
33: Kel--fun pools set.
33: Clowsui--thanks for running the tournament. Sounds like you had a rough day lol. Looking forward to the next one.
33: Nope--make fonz go next time!
33: Scythe--diego with the hardest of brackets. Nice job making it out of pools tho.
33: Sovereign--forgot about the ganon challenge. Sucks :( oh well, nice seeing you again dude

Red ryu--the realest of ryus. Thanks for driving. You're too nice to us.
Bionic--thanks for running the stream. You and VGBootcamp are amazing. Nice seeing you again man.
Hilt/Rauleen/everyone else who helped TO--you da bess.
JT, Carls, everyone else I played in friendlies--GGs.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Cool, can't wait to see them

Also WTP, i asked for you on livestream to commentate, no one heard me and when they did, they said you were busy

I was saddened

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Also when it comes down to characters I am only :dedede: for singles. Representin'
YO BRO, I used :dedede: in pools against Gifts, nearly beat P-1 with him, and used him against an Ike player. I also won a bracket match with him but lost the match after with ICs.

So if you're trying to be as accurate as possible for statistics or something, :dedede: should be after Wario by my name, then :rob: and dem :popo:, like Roller said..

Anyways, maining Lucario from now on. He's too fun. :cool:

Shoutouts lataaaaaa.

Roller

Smash Legend
lol, sorry Kevin. I explained but got infracted for it. However, the infraction confirmed that I did the right thing. So now I know...

And DLA, it's nbd. You were still sportsmanlike imo, just dissappointed and obviously expressed not being a fan of the matchup. I'd do the same thing if I had to play a solid :peach: main. lol

Btw, I recommend trying her out for ICs. All the decent ones know the mk mu backwards and forwards, and the pika/wario mu's are free for ICs (so long as the ICs knows the wario cg.) She's probably the easiest to pick up and best method of dealing with them. I strongly believe she is our worst mu outside of mk, but again. Everyone knows that mu.

If you really don't want to use her, then I'd suggest snake next. I like the mu now personally, but most ICs **** up that grab HORRIBLY. Plus grenades+mines **** nana up really bad and can screw with cgs if the ICs doesn't know how to throw the grenade away during the cg (there are few of us who can actually do it).

Hope that helps a bit. And I'll see what I can do with the callouts... n_n

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I've seen how peach vs ICs is supposed to be played and I don't think I could successfully play like that lol.

I think I'm gonna learn how to play the MU with :toonlink:. I'm going to camp to the point that it becomes a parody of camping.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
DLA, I didn't even see you at this LOL...I must have overlooked you.

Although I did have a fever, especially towards the end, so I definitely wasn't very alert.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Shoutouts!

I didn't actually get to go to this tournament.

Top Bottom