• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VENGEANCE Results - April 7th, 2012 - Cincinnati, OH

MJG

Smash Hero
3: MJG ($110.60)--Rough SDs against kain. Thanks for the fries. You're a chill dude. Waiting in the hotel would have been a lot worse if the god kais weren't there to be hilarious.
:phone:
I would have been salty about my SDs if it was against anyone else other than the family (GOD KAIS!). My only complain was that the tournament ran so late :(. There are other characters that you should probably consider using against ICs before you decide to use TL (unless you REALLY want to lol)

Also, something bad is about to happen....

*lurker status*

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Haha alright Tmacc I'll accept the fever johns. You looked busy the 1 or 2 times I saw you so I didn't get to come say 'sup. I heard you got some good wins though, good **** man.

Edit: MJG, the reason I want to try TL against ICs is because I'd be too tempted to play aggro with the other characters that are good against ICs. That's just what I do lol. I feel that the temptation will be a lot less for me personally if I played TL, cuz it's easier to stick to his camping game.

I'm aware I'm probably oversimplifying it though. So we'll just see what happens I guess.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Shoutouts :D.

4: Fino hashtags ($63.20) - Good games in doubles! ^_^. Good job getting fourth as well! : D.
5: Logic ($31.60) - Good games in pools! I wanted to ask for advice since you commented on my playstyle a bit (I couldn't tell if it was a good thing or not XD), but too shy :C.
7: Krystedez - It was nice seeing you again! Great job in singles and I can't wait to see you again! Your Pit and Wario are amazing!
9: Roller - Yeeah... I wanted to MM you, but I figured that we could have played in the KY vs MI crew battle... that didn't happen though! (plus I was shy but that doesn't count, right?) I'll be sure to ask next time so you can has some free money ^^.
13: Judo - Good ****, Judo! Hopefully you're a little more into the game next time, though. I saw some things I've never seen before, and I think they were on accident, but mindgames lol. Good games in doubles!
13: SneakyTako - Daang Sneaky, you're just climbing up there. Good ****, dude.
17: Dyno - I'm really tired, but I'm pretty sure you're the Wario from Ryker's car group that played me xD. Gooood gaaaames! They were a ****ing blast! I was honestly a little upset at the match right after it happened, but afterwards I realized how close and fun they were and shrugged that off xD. You're really good and I hope I can play you again eventually! : D. Good job winning some sets in bracket as well.
17: Fizzle - mfw you say you're bad now and then 17th :v. I think you were just hardcore sandbagging in our friendlies and you were planning on kicking my *** in bracket lol. Great seeing you again!
25: Hadesblade - Great seeing you again! I hope you do better at the next tournament! Yoshi : D.
25: Ralph Cecil - Go Ralph! Winning those bracket sets : D. Good job at this. It's great to see Kentucky players climbing up the ranks! Gogogo!
25: Bpow - Good games in doubles!
25: Overswarm - Good games! Glad that you got your revenge haha. I didn't know you wanted it so badly ._.'! Hopefully I'll improve eventually so I can be an actual challenge!
25: Light - I saw you, but you probably didn't remember me from 2009-2010 Louisville scene haha. Good job, man.
25: EddieG - I was expecting you to place higher, but stacked tournament :/. Good job and nice seeing you again!
33: Mister Eric - We didn't get to play :urg:. It was nice seeing you again though! ^_^.
33: Chris4ever - Didn't even expect to see you xD. Good **** though. That Ike!!! So good @_@.
33: Kel - Can't wait to see you as a top 5 marth : D.
33: Spec - GGs in doubles! : D.
33: Clowsui - Thanks for running the tournament, Chi! :D. We didn't get to play, but that's very understandable since you were kinda running a tournament lol. Theres always next time I guess haha.
33: Crash - Good job making it to bracket! Fun riding in the car with ya : D.
33: Dooms - :gw:, :peach:, :pit:
33: Ryker - Maaaaan. It was sooo ****ing sweet to finally see you! I didn't even realize it was you, and then you walked up to me and I was like "**** that's Ryker!" If you couldn't tell through my tired expression, I was soo excited! XD. Thanks for teaming with me in doubles... sorry I held you back, though. If we ever team again, I'll be sure to think about what I'm doing more so we can win more than one set and not lose to someone that we could've beaten pretty solidly xD. Friendlies were fun as well. Sad that iHop didn't happen for us, but it's whatever xD. Staying alive is more important. Good job winning a bracket set (even though we placed the same... that's stupid lol), and hopefully I'll see you again sometime! Really great meeting you : D.
33: Luminoth64 - Good games! Sad we didn't get to friendly or something afterwards, but considering you left.... xD. Sorry about the situation that you got put into, but I'm sure it motivated you some haha. Good games, dude.
33: Sovereign - We didn't play or talk at all D: D: D:. Hopefully I see you again soon! XD.

---------------------------------

3: ShadowPhoenix ($8.4) - Nice seeing you again! Thank you for driving me places... didn't really expect it to turn out like that xD.
7: Red Ryu - Good games! : D. It was absolutely amaaaazing meeting you, too! You're so fun to hang out with! Hopefully I'll see you again really soon! : D.
9: Juushichi - It was great seeing you again! I don't recall us playing at all, though. Sad faace :c. Can't wait to see you again haha. Get some of those minus matches goin'.
13: Radium - I see you climbing up that bracket! It's great to see you keep on improving! It was great talking to you as well! Good job helping with TO'ing, and I can't wait to see you again! ^_^.
17: Steep - Good games in doubles! Sorry it had to happen like that :/. Team with someone at two events, and then play that same person in doubles first round of losers... :c. Can't wait to team with you at Jake's next event (assuming that I can go), and it was great seeing you again! :D.
25: Betadyne - Thank you soooo much for driving to this. Seriously. Thanks a ton! Hopefully you feel better at the next event!
25: DtJ Dextersquaid - Great games! You've improved so much O_O. Can't wait to see you again! Great talking to you! : D.

WashedLaundry - It was great finally meeting you xD. So awesome~! Sad you got here too late to enter, though :/.

S2 - Good job carrying SP in doubles lolololol. Seriously though, it was great seeing you again! Thank you so much for housing me despite me asking last minute haha. Can't wait to see you again! : D.

It was great seeing everyone and meeting a few new people! : D.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Did anyone take my chicken and fried rice? I was walking around with it the whole at the tournament saving it for later and then I left it at the TO station with the laptop and stuff and then I forgot to grab it after. If anyone has found my fried rice send me a PM and we can work something out where if you can mail it to me or something.

I'm really hungry so mail it to me soon.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
I already apologized to WTP for my behavior. It was something that happened between WTP and I. As well as what happened with Tech, I also apologized to him about that as well. :)

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
I already apologized to WTP for my behavior. It was something that happened between WTP and I. As well as what happened with Tech, I also apologized to him about that as well. :)

Way to be the bigger person. We're proud of you (no sarcasm)

Also mad salty I didn't make it to this. Maybe next time we can FINALLY do KY vs MI crew battle

Player-1

Smash Legend
1: Ally ($379.20)- GGs, I'll get you next time at the TN tournament which I guess is the next time I'll see you
2: Kain ($173.80)- Gratz on 2nd, GGs in our MM. infinite 2 gewd
3: MJG ($110.60)- gratz on 3rd, a lot of ppl are scared of how black i am so i dont blame you
4: Fino #JetSkis #RIP #NeverForget ($63.20)- didn't get to play, but i wanted to. Gratz on 4th
5: Reflex ($31.60)- Doctor Love says we're perfect
5: Logic ($31.60)- NARB
7: Luckay- GGs, good job on beating me. Pit is a dumb char. Shouldn't have been dumb and let you go to SV or Halberd, I got you next time
7: Krystedez- you should have introduced yourself sooner noob
9: DeLux- Delux da bess for helping us come down and it was his birthday and stuff. Delux da bess ICs and you know it
9: Roller- Like who the **** are you. I know you were one of the ppl with the MI shirts on but there was a good bit of ppl with MI shirts on.
9: DRN- come 2 my tournament
13: Alphazealot- Finally got to meet you :), you still looked pretty good despite not playing in forever
17: Zeton- Fox is free, shoulda MMed sooner. Fun friendlies :)
17: Dyno- come 2 more GA tournaments noob
17: Legan- Legan da bess link, go back to link plz, your link is so awesome
17: Fizzle- GGs bro, D3 2 fat
17: Zinoto- Nice to meet you and stuff, I think you're close to top 5 diddys despite losing to taco, you were playing really well in friendlies and stuff
17: Technical_Chase- I'm black
25: Hadesblade- GGs in dubz
25: FF Ori_bro- MI room was pretty chill fun playing with you
33: Chris4ever- special shoutout to you later
33: Clowsui- Very fun tournament, nice to meet you. Diddy just fairs Marth and stuff.
33: Zyth- Again, fun MI room friendlies
33: Nope- GGs in our MM, I was really impressed with you even though you haven't played in a while. Your snake is really good in the diddy MU
33: Tmacc- GGs bro, both your wario and D3 are good
33: Ryker- Repping dat AL

In general MW is bad except for Chris4ever. Chris4ever is the best player in the whole MW and he uses Ike. Not scared of nobody, infinites D3s with Ikes and stuff. Let it be known that the whole entire region of the MW is carried by Chris4ever cuz he's the best ike.

This has been the most fun tournament I've been to. Despite being bad, the MW are all chill and awesome and I'd like to come to another MW regional or something sometime over the Summer or something. My only complaint about the tournament was the seeding. DRN and Reflex playing in winners round 3 is dumb, me and DRN played Logic and Ally 2nd round of doubles then had to play Reflex's team in losers which is also dumb, despite that it was a fun tournament and Clowsui and Hilt and everyone else that helped did a fine job with it. Pools ran by super fast and stuff.

and somebody better mail me back my fried rice.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I was too busy losing to FAE to expect a great bracket spot, heh.

At least I exerted my dominance against Donkey Kong before going back to Atlanta. Ivysaur-DK is 65-35!

Roller

Smash Legend
@P1, I'm an illusion. I don't actually exist irl. People just flip coins to determine whether they beat the "Roller" entrant in the bracket. I saw you though. Lookin' mad free. :denzel:

Also, Reflex's seeding went down the toilet when he sandbagged his pool. =/
Alsoalso. Round 3 is not that early.

And another thing. Your doubles team was seeded ~how it should have been. Don't get 1v2'd by Zinoto next time, I guess...

And anotherother thing. yes, Ori.

Player-1

Smash Legend
obv reflex should get 2nd seed, but it doesn't mean he should have to play someone from his own region. Round 3 is pretty early for a region as bad as MW.

Judo777

Smash Master
Shoutouts!:

1: Carls- COLUMBUS! Good **** on winning the amateur bracket. One of your bigger tournaments and you did very nice. Thanks for coming out.
2: Papa Z- Cbus again! We all know you def should be in the pro bracket, but stuff happens. Bright side is you still walked out with money.
4: Jt556- dat cbus. Sonic is always so annoying. can't wait to not nor kill each other. Thanks for showing up.
5: TheKiest- cbus again. Glad I got to see you at this tourney. In the future, I would like to help you run and organize tournaments in the future. It's something I think it would be fun.
7: DrillBitSammy- man...this cbus thing...good job placing at this tourney. Always love watching your Luigi getting better and better.
7: Red Ryu - I forget where you're from X_X, but I'm glad I got to play you. the Lucario match-up is something I will never learn (OH doesn't have Lucario, except for Fonz, who has Soccer johns), but definitely learned a lot.
9: Juushichi- You're a jerk. :3
9: SoulPech- Gay.
13: Radium- I'm glad I got to play you :). Your Kirby is fun to play. In case if you face Jiggs again, you want to stay on the ground and play more of a ground game against her. u-tilt is godlike against Jiggs; just some advice.
13: Wiggy- Fun matches in bracket.
17: DtJ Composer- Team Noobest...ugh. Anyways, always fun to hang out with ^^
25: Betadyne- Very close sets in the bracket. You have a nice Wolf, but there are times where you do become predictable, which I was able to punish. Anyways, I hope I play your wolf in the future.
25: Cameron- I was pumped when I saw you! I wanted to face you again in friendlies, which I did and it made me happy. Don't worry about how you do in brackets; just take the exp and learn from it for the future. Glad you came out ^^
25: DtJ Dextersquaid- Also, glad you came out too. I hope to drag Juu and I along to play some friendlies in Bloomington. Money Johns prevent it T.T
-----------

9: Judo- I remember you speaking to me about Jiggs and her rest. Something about star smashing through the ceiling..I don't remember and I couldn't hear what you said to be honest. Do you think you can maybe explain what you meant?
13: Alphazealot- CBUS! Very excited that you came out. I definitely want to play you more. I hope you will be going to more Wednesday Smashfests.
13: SneakyTako- "Columbus"..Good **** on placing this high. Always fun to hang out with and I will definitely bring honor back and beat you at PPL >:|
17: MX -cbus! Once again, awesome that you placed this high. Hope you can come more to the Smashfests.
17: Fizzle - FIZZLE!! Always fun seeing you anywhere! Also, we need to play some league matches.
25: Hadesblade- I finally got to play you. I've actually been wanting to every since the small tourney in Bloomingfield. Nice matches.
25: Overswarm- Always a pleasure seeing ya. Was hoping Chonce and I would do better against you and Kel, but stuff happens *Shrug*. Hope to see you in more tourneys.
33: Kel- Glad you came out. What I said earlier is very similar to what i'm saying to you. Hope we play in pools in future tourneys.
33: Clowsui- Thanks for organizing the tourney. Definitely had a blast and I definitely love the new location of AL. Hope to play in pools.
33: Crash- Crash Gimmicks! So legit X_X. I need to learn the matchups. Definitely want to run back some match-ups in the future.
33: Nope- My mind was almost blown when I saw you. I honestly though Springfield was inactive and no one played. Glad I got to play you even though I hate the Snake matchup. Hope to play ya in the future ^^
33: Ryker- Finally got to meet you. Very chill guy and fun to hang out with. Hope we get to see each other again (better if in pools :O)
33: Luminoth64- Nice friendlies. It definitely helped alot and I am slowly learning more about the wolf matchup and what I need to do.
. .....

As I said before, Columbus exceeeded my expectations. It also helps me to figure out the next steps in order to organize Cbus again to become even better. Overall, I am satisfied ^^

*LONG POST IS LONG X_X*
If you die off the top and zair, you won't star KO, instead you die like you do off the side blastzones. I asked if you had ever rested someone, they zaired, and got back early and punished you

Also it looks as if we have some highschool drama coming from people who are in their early 20's. Way to go smashers, and we wonder why other fighting game communities treat us like 4 year olds.

Roller

Smash Legend
obv reflex should get 2nd seed, but it doesn't mean he should have to play someone from his own region. Round 3 is pretty early for a region as bad as MW.
The thing is that bracket theory dictates that you assume the higher seed wins each match. That's the point of seeding. Keeping that in mind, Reflex should theoretically have been eliminated from winners bracket prior to that. That's why him getting 2nd seed caused that match to happen R3.

It was done correctly.

And you beat 2 second seed players. I don't exactly think you are in a position to say the midwest is that bad after this tourney...

Not that we aren't bad. We are. But you didn't prove to be any better...

Player-1

Smash Legend
The thing is that bracket theory dictates that you assume the higher seed wins each match. That's the point of seeding. Keeping that in mind, Reflex should theoretically have been eliminated from winners bracket prior to that. That's why him getting 2nd seed caused that match to happen R3.

It was done correctly.

And you beat 2 second seed players. I don't exactly think you are in a position to say the midwest is that bad after this tourney...

Not that we aren't bad. We are. But you didn't prove to be any better...
Bracket theory also separates people from the same state/region from each other.

If these are your 2nd seeds then MW is bad. I didn't lose to any in MW in bracket or MMs. I MM kain I beat him :3

Roller

Smash Legend
Hey, I never claimed to be good. I did in fact have an easy bracket (almost as easy as Player-1's) and did not do well. The difference is that Player-1 constantly claims he is a top 3 Diddy, arguably better than Lie (who won the last one of these without losing a set). Then he gets 9th by beating a Link main, and a multi-character main who went D3 against him in at least 2 games if I hear correctly. And that mu is easy as hell for Diddy. (I also beat the same player who went a character with a decent mu vs mine)
Where P-1 puts himself on a pedestal, I claim to be over rated. Lux didn't exactly prove that one way or the other though... Stupid Brinstar.

Player-1, it's great that you beat Kain. That is a solid win and you should be proud of it. ($5 I assume?) But Lie WON here. You didn't do much. AZ did better than you in the tourney, imo.

Also, the ike main trolling is more amusing than your typical Thugzish stuff. More amusing, less making you look like a dumb-***. Stick to the simple stuff.

Judo777

Smash Master
Bracket theory also separates people from the same state/region from each other.

If these are your 2nd seeds then MW is bad. I didn't lose to any in MW in bracket or MMs. I MM kain I beat him :3
What about people that play each other alot? Or people with really hard MU's, or the other 90 things people complain about in bracket, you can't make everyone happy. Like if you play idk Wario, and you play 3 people, and all of them are D3's you might complain, if 3 of them are in your region you might complain, if 2 of them are D3's and one is in your region you might complain, if 2 of them are in your region and 1 is a D3 you might complain, people will complain, you can't do anything about it.

Roller

Smash Legend
And you are right about location seeding, however again, Reflex got 2ND SEED (To a MW player, btw) so he was not supposed to make it that far in bracket. Therefore that location issue was theoretically never supposed to happen. It would be like planning for me to fight WTP in R3 winners by us beating our 1st seeds. Obviously that didn't happen, and obviously it shouldn't have been planned for. It is IMPOSSIBLE to seed based on all possible contingencies. You have to go by what is predicted by seeding.

This really shouldn't be that difficult to understand...

Dnyce

Smash Master
this thread had the biggest hype build up... but then kass ****ed it all up

shoutouts when I finish wiping the tears from my eyes.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I've never claimed to be better than Lie though, I've claimed to be around Lie's skill level. I lost to Ally and Luckay who beat Lie when they played lolz. Not bad losses at all. And Fizzle went D3 in one game on Frigate (which the MU isn't THAT bad on Frigate).

I'm not trolling about chris4ever, he's the best.

Judo, MUs don't affect brackets at all. Only skill, regional seeding, and pools seeding.

lmao, roller that is a really...REALLY dumb way to look at it. The problem is that it shouldn't have even been a chance that drn and reflex could have played in winners R3. And we talked to clowsui/hilt about it when we saw the bracket and they admitted they were wrong but matches were too far in play to change it.

Radium88

Smash Lord
Shoutouts when I am not on my phone!
One thing I was salty about was that I didnt get the highest score on Galaga. I was 10K points away and blew it all away. And everytime I tried to get the highest, someone was playing it. :\

Fancy Fanny

advances in gem tech
But roller, it's what us girls do, we **** things up.

Shoutouts btw to the stream for flippin out when my fedora showed up.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Great tourney guys. Congrats to everybody who placed well, really good stuff by MJG and Kain, you all never cease to impress!

Judo- You're for real the most entertaining player I've ever seen. You vs Logic is some sort of tradition it's so good. You had him this time, but you'll actually get him next time man!
Rest of Lexi- Impressed by Spec, just keep working at it man. SP stop choking, you're better than that. Kyle doin pretty well. Wtf randomly good Light. I'll be repping us hard next time!
Ryker- Oh man don't even get me started on Project Justice, get dat momo outta there. Great meeting you. Shave next time.
Reflex- Great playing you. I'm really motivated to play you again, next time will be an entirely different match. I've thought it over and Ivy:DK is actually 45:55. Also edge sucks.
AL/GA as a whole- you all snore wtf is this.
Everybody else already knows what I'm going to say I love you all etc.

Roller

Smash Legend
Shoutouts to Fan for the realism.

Also... That fedora was indeed pretty damn swag. I had no chance in that swag-off.. ;;

P1, you are proposing that tournaments plan for every possible outcome, despite seeding. This can not be done when there are like 8 or more players from a lot of states, many of which had at least 5 players in bracket. It's literally impossible. Someone gets screwed in that scenario. Seeding was followed to suit expected outcomes over improbable ones. This dramatically reduces the number of instances of this occurring.

Player-1

Smash Legend
wtf I'm not proposing that, it just shouldn't be happening Round 3 of a tournament. 4/5 of our carpool was on one side of the bracket. It's not that difficult to move reflex or drn to the other side without screwing it up.

Top Bottom