• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Well he is the son of a phone...

So I think I'm starting to learn the Fox matchup finally and I have some ideas for the Shiek matchup, but can somebody link me to some really good Peach vs. Falcon matches? I'd like to get an idea what to do vs. that matchup. I got bodied hard by a Falcon last tournament. I think I'm starting to learn things that I should've learned years ago now though. I also need to really work on my punish game.

I've also started playing Fox. It's funny since I have the opposite problems with him. My punish game is very good, but I'm very bad at spacing with him. I'd say Fox is my 2nd best character now or least tied wtih my Ness. I should practice with him more often.

Quaz

Smash Master
That dad phone tells you not to play video games too much.

Genius.

Peach falcon is hard btw. I don't know what strats to use in that matchup. At least I have an idea what to do against sheik.

:phone:

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I know how to combo him. I know how to deal with most of his tactics except for approaching with dd grabs and sh nairs that fly across the stage. I shield the nair, but then he mindgames it so that he never actually nairs and instead just grabs and when I try to counter that with my nair, he just nairs instead.

I'm the opposite of the metagame. When people approach me, I have no idea wtf to do. When they camp, I am able to do much better.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Flux idk what that means, but i'd play some with you. I havent played in over a year and i've forgotten all the heroes, but dota sense never leaves you.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
well it means i have a level 10 account that i wanna get to 30 but never have ne1 to play with on it and its boring so i never do l0l.. whats ur name on there ill add u

or do you have a dota2 key by chance? im playing that a bit too loll my name on steam = fluxwolf

Can we talk about Peach vs Luigi?
Apparently not sry :/

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Flux i don't have a dota 2 key, are there invites to that?

I think my old LoL account was MidwestMarth but i havent used it in years so idk if its still active.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Peach vs. Luigi imo is all about camping with turnips, banning fd, and knowing how to manuever around platforms to throw turnips. As god as my witness, I'll never lose to him again.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
DI Luigi's d-throw behind him at medium percents+

I don't feel that camping really works against him (or is necessary). It feels like the only way he can really approach is by WDing into something (his dash speed and aerial mobility are very bad) so if you keep outside his jump approach & dash JC up smash approach ranges while simultaneously being too close for him to start a WD approach then I think that's a good start.

At least... that's what I generally do with Sheik and Fox and it seems pretty effective against him. Can't really see it being *too* different with Peach.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord

lol.. i have 3 accounts @ 30

sup.
LOL nice! how many wins on average did it take to get 30?

sveet said:
Flux i don't have a dota 2 key, are there invites to that?

I think my old LoL account was MidwestMarth but i havent used it in years so idk if its still active.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
So just mow him down and pressure him like he's the sage?

:phone:
Kind of.

Like, when I do this with Sheik or Fox, the only real proactive thing he can do against that style of spacing (because of his limited approach game) is to randomly throw out moves and guess when I'm gonna come in. Then it's just a matter of timing things to hit him either through his move (Sheik) or on whiff (Fox/Sheik). If he 'guesses' that I'm gonna be too complacent then he can try to approach me or try to WD through me, but once you stop that option a few times I find it really discourages him from attempting it. And even if they get it, you just have to get into position again and then it's gravy. Although, I would suspect that this would be where Peach is weaker than Fox and Sheik. I'd imagine if Luigi does slip past, it's probably harder to get that positioning again because of her low speed.

I don't think turnips are the answer to this MU* because they take a while to pull and he can cover a ton of ground with his WD. It's also possible for him to slip underneath a whole variety of turnip --> aerial approaches and go for WD --> up smash trades on them, so I really don't think putting lots of distance between you and him is the answer. Similarly, getting too close seems to result in a lot of chaotic priority wars and this is one of the MUs where Peach is heavily disadvantaged in that respect.

If I dust off my Peach I'm really interested in playing her against Vudujin because I think I could figure out the MU pretty quickly. Luigi's one of my more comfortable MUs with like... every character I've ever heavily used...

* If you want to time him out that's another matter. I'm not really sure how Luigi can catch Peach if she Pink Shinobi's it up on stages like Battlefield and DL64 (top platform height relevance) once she gets about a stock ahead. But that's an extreme, and I don't think anybody actually wants to try that strategy (or develop it further).

MacD

Banned via Administration
* If you want to time him out that's another matter. I'm not really sure how Luigi can catch Peach if she Pink Shinobi's it up on stages like Battlefield and DL64 (top platform height relevance) once she gets about a stock ahead. But that's an extreme, and I don't think anybody actually wants to try that strategy (or develop it further).
light vs eddie mexico g2 baby

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
So, Marth is my "this is impossible" MU. Sigh. I don't know what do do, really. I just feel like I get out-stepped any way I go. Turnips honestly don't help much, either...

Wake

Smash Master
Sheik is still my, "I want to pick up a different character just for her" MU. Spaced fairs, grab, ew.

Marth is fine though for me still.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Sheik is still my, "I want to pick up a different character just for her" MU. Spaced fairs, grab, ew.

Marth is fine though for me still.
u need to play more campy i think... idk i just see ur peach as more aggro overall when i was watching u fight shieks even, like its survival mode and i think u have more things to beat her in the end if u just dont let her in... idkk tho just my 2 cents, keep working on it with peach though i know it will click for u one day

Wake

Smash Master
u need to play more campy i think... idk i just see ur peach as more aggro overall when i was watching u fight shieks even, like its survival mode and i think u have more things to beat her in the end if u just dont let her in... idkk tho just my 2 cents, keep working on it with peach though i know it will click for u one day
Yeah thanks! I'm definitely gonna figure it out with Peach. She's just so annoying though hahaha

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Wake, out of all the Peaches I've ever played in tournament (which is basically all of the high level Peaches except Armada) VaNz was the hardest for me. I rewatched my set with him from ROM3 and it looked like (in addition to relatively standard Peach play) he used a lot of really weird, yet effective Bairs and generally didn't really place tons of emphasis on trying to down smash through my shield (he does a bunch of cross ups, dairs, and other shenaniganry to prevent himself from being punished when he's pressuring my shield and generally doesn't go for all that many d-smashes unless my shield is has taken some damage beforehand). During the set I remember feeling like I was really easy to grab (for him) but I didn't count too many grabs during the actual set during revision. I guess VaNz got into my head. Too good.

He also used more Dair approaches than any other 'modern' Peach ('more' meaning 'greater than singular') but I'm not sure if this is just a stylistic choice, if VaNz likes Dair, or if it's weirdly effective vs Sheik. Maybe he can tell you lol.

Granted, the set's kind of old and I think we've probably both gotten better since (I dunno how a set between us would look now) but I remember MacD doing vaguely similar things too at APEX (especially during the game he won). So I think those might be some good places to start in a general sense. Sucks your set wasn't uploaded though 'cuz that would be way easier lol.

Top Bottom