• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

Van.

Smash Ace
Also van that really only works when Peach is cornered by the end of the stage, otherwise she can easily outspace nair with floating fair IMO
I don't see why. You can float as fast as she can, so if you get under her she can't reset the situation.

I was thinking like for example when they're shielding or something, and you give them a little room to jump oos into float, but you predict and immediately dash in and get the desired position directly under her and "inside" the fair.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Nairing under her does work. I can't give a specific instance, but sometimes you get punished, and sometimes you don't, I guess. It's something you need to feel out for yourself.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
It's when you have forced off of the end of the stage or she mis-spaces a fair. That's the only time. I learned this the hard way.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
You don't have to lcancel. All you have to do is start the attack before you release your float and then land.

MacD

Banned via Administration
well i lasted about a minute before i got so mad at you for always double jumping to avoid lasers that i had to shut it off

so there you go!!

yeee?

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
:(

Surprisingly enough no one has ever called me out on that, so thanks. Dumb as it sounds I honestly didn't realize I was doing that EVERY time. There are a lot of control issues I need to work on ASAP that I've always been too lazy to fix.

Also, I just need to ask, did I ever do or say something to upset you? I kind of feel like the few times we've interacted I get the cold shoulder and that really bums me out. If that's the case I apologize, you seem like a cool guy and I really try to be friendly to folks. If I'm taking things out of context then my bad.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Just watched the Apex crews. Armada, if you read this, I think you can DEFINITELY do the Peach/Puff MU (though it IS fairly difficult). It just looks like you aren't mobile enough (like, you seem to let yourself get caught in one corner against Hbox too much, esp in shield). Perhaps get Hack to "train" you again? Especially since Hbox could very well beat your Young Link next time around (I'm being selfish obviously, cause it'd be refreshing to see, and I like watching that MU, too).

They'll probably be 5-7 minute matches, cause you'll be fighting a battle of attrition, but it looks like you'd be able to do it with more practice (and the patience to deal with Puff). You worked past Falcon just fine (different MU, but still).

Just food for thought. I don't want to sound like I'm lecturing someone who is arguably the best player in the world right now...

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
I will cut anyone who tries to call shroudedone out on this simply because he isnt as good as Armada. His point is VERY valid.

Be warned

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i might of agreed with shrouded but... well ok real talk for a sec, i do agree with shrouded here. i have to watch the crew battle again to see what he is talking about exactly, but i do believe the MU is doable and i believe someone like armada would be able to learn it.

i hopes shrouded doesn't point out i didnt capitalize my I's. :evil:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
NAGACE, seriously, the only problem that I had is the misplaced "of." If I was that bad, you would've known long before now.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I think it's better for Armada to stick with Young Link. Peach vs. Jiggs is a very frustrating matchup to play at higher levels. At least with YL he doesn't have to think as much.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
LOL.

My dumb a key doesn't work, so I've been using the alt code alt + 97 to get my a. Every now and then, I f-up, and type in alt + 9, then 7, so I get ○7. Usually I catch it, though....

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Patience is key in this MU. Be careful about how you chase him, because you can catch a retreating fair if you fall short. Turnips are a fairly good spacing tool, and combo tool (turnip > fair). Pull them when you are 1.5 platform's length away (BF platforms). From there, he can't punish you for pulling them. Respect his spacing, but once you get a hit, don't let him go.

But yeah, he's annoying. It's like, dair > dair > dair > fair > fair > stock. Literally. We die so quickly. But you gotta remain patient with him, above all else. Choose when you chase him and when you pull back carefully.

Also, if he's shielding, pressure it. As hard as you can. He has no OoS.

Armada

Smash Lord
I have 2 main reasons to not play Peach against Puff

1: No one in Europe can play her. Yeah Hack is alright but not close to the top level with Puff. The main reason why he is a perfect to play with as Y link is cause he is AWESOME in wierd MUs. Then except from him I need to travel to France to play with a Puff main that is good.

2: Y link have a way closer MU. Im not the one that change char just like that cause it's hard. But it is important to remeber that I lost 2 GFs as Peach against Puff. What did I learned from those GFs?

That I suck at the MU and even if I have a lot of things I can improve both of the arguments above is still really strong in Y links favor for me. Stick and lose is worse then change and win. I know a lot of people are tired of my Y link but it seems unlikely that I will change char against puff.

Top Bottom