• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
it would be funny, for like a min. then it would hunt me for the rest of my days, i would have to change my name and move states and it would still find me

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i hate peach dittos to such a point were i would say peach's worst MU is in fact another peach. but i guess thats not a good excuse, so idk

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i cant believe i didnt know their was a link at the bottom of the page which leads to a page that teaches you all the different similes and stuff until recently. love using that page now :roll:

freaksheet

Smash Cadet
So I realized today, That I rely heavily on Peach's ariels.
Mostly her neutral and back airs, Or down airs leading into both.
Which works. :U
So now I must ask, Which sort've style do you use when playing as peach?

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Just watched Vanz vs Armada. I thought you could beat him there for a sec. Great job man. And did Armada ever posted his thoughts on Apex? I'd love to see what he thought of the competition.

darkatma

Smash Hero
that's not weird DI, that's just FoD being horizontally narrow, so if you DI too far out, you die off the side instead of the top.

i went into that video going... hrm time to take notes! but there were no notes to take, just regular ole amazing macD jank that doesn't work for anyone else.

Wake

Smash Master
Nothing was recorded, sadly. I could've used some critique. :(

Nobody is reasonably strong to the great KK, killer of Puffs!

Also, I need Sheik to disappear. She's so scary.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
if only we could all do that, DoH.

I haven't played seriously in months but I'd probably just wave dash out of shield a lot against a fox that spams bair.

VA

Smash Hero
Thanks man, it's recorded.

Pepito and Fuzz. Man I was bad at edge guarding in those sets. Y'all need to watch and help me with how to edge guard Fuzz.

:phone:

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I have problems edgeguarding foxes that recover high.

For falcon I just run into him with my nair if he's recovering high, it usually beats out his up-b, or I us dair-> nair combo if he's recovering from below.

I also really like floating above the edge facing towards the stage. It can be a pretty good position to edgeguard a lot of characters and using dair will not carry them onto the stage. With good spacing you can dair -> nair and the nair will hit them back off. If they try recovering from the side you can just bair.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Fair is probably the best ledgeguarding move because it goes below the ledge a little, and it basically guarantees their death if they're at higher percents. The issue is it's harder to time, but the payoff is worth it. MacD is the only peach I've seen intentionally ledgeguard with fair.

VA

Smash Hero
Fuzzy has ridiculous DI, it's so annoying. You can Nair him on 160% and he'll survive. It's just irritating.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I learned a few things from Apex.

1) Shielding is a bad idea. Normally, we like staying in shield, but we **** ourselves for it.
2) FC fairs. You want to bait them into doing something, and fair them to punish
3) Pressure her shield. Since staying in shield is bad, you want to put as much pressure on hers as you can. Downsmash seems to work very well.
4) Turnips approaches are nice. She can't really punish you too hard for pulling one, cause she's slow. She'll probably pull one as you pull one, anyways.
5) Recover high. Challenging Peach's ability to cover the ledge in edge guarding is a big no-no. If you recover high, the most you'll get is a turnip. If you recover low/mid, you will catch more (nair, dair, fair, etc)
6) Upward kills are best. Uair is really good for that.

Quaz

Smash Master
give me a tip on how to peach ditto

it is one of my personal worst matchups

i don't want to have to pick up a secondary for my OWN CHARACTER

that just reeks of insecurity :embarrass:
you ran into like all of my platform dsmashes lol.

I played pretty cheap though haha. Platform camping against peach is all I know how to do =( I dont think you're bad at the ditto John, you just gotta.. play faster I guess? I feel like I only beat you because I did everything a little faster than you did. (oh yeah and platform camping)

Also van that really only works when Peach is cornered by the end of the stage, otherwise she can easily outspace nair with floating fair IMO

Top Bottom