• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
^ I spot dodge like crazy against Marth. It's really embarrassing. But dash dancing scares me.. lol
Same here, lol. Marth is like my metaknight. He just scares the heck out of me and I do stupid stuff to try not to get hit.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Spam told me that peach's animations are blatantly obvious in what she will do.

=(

I love peach dittos.........

Well against the lower half of the high level peaches anyway. If that makes any sense.

Vanz - Teach me the peach match up you scrub. And come over and play me =)

Cia

das kwl
Vanz - Teach me the peach match up you scrub. And come over and play me =)

everyone already knows you **** peach, so don't come in here with that 'peach is my kryptonite' crap. lolz

and yeah. plz, throw a smashfest. like.. immediately. we haven't played in forever (3 weeks.. lol)

----

On topic, I've been working on the Nair interruption all day and i think i'm going to blend it back into my general strategy. The priority is really ridiculous, and it puts spacies right off the ledge. I never knew this til today, but it trades w/ fox's nair! that's pretty ****.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Why don't you come to LI and smash instead?

-Tip
Sounds awesome.

One of these days, I'll take you up on that tipman.

everyone already knows you **** peach, so don't come in here with that 'peach is my kryptonite' crap. lolz

and yeah. plz, throw a smashfest. like.. immediately. we haven't played in forever (3 weeks.. lol)

----

On topic, I've been working on the Nair interruption all day and i think i'm going to blend it back into my general strategy. The priority is really ridiculous, and it puts spacies right off the ledge. I never knew this til today, but it trades w/ fox's nair! that's pretty ****.
LOL I might before SPOC. Unfortunately I have to move into school soon T_T.

And Peach IS my kryptonite. In peach dittos.... anyway.

Cia

das kwl
LOLOL.. jeez. spoc is in october. By then i will have started playing brawl again and you'll get the rusty VaNz that no one likes :laugh:

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
QFT

Haha, that's cool.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Vans: I *think* I found something new. This is pretty much it:
I jump OOS, but use the 2nd jump dip to land, and then dsmash.
People probably already know about this, but whatever, try to work with it and tell me what you think.

Cia

das kwl
yeah, that's pretty well known. It's best for giving Peach a pseudo "Dsmash OoS." Using it in an actual match is a bit difficult, so you don't see it much. but anyone who masters it would Raaape.

soap

Smash Hero
My Peach > Teczero's Peach.
do teczero's fanboys always follow him into every thread on smashboards, or is it just the peach boards? :laugh:
lol, u r teczero's fanboy :laugh:

who isn't a teczero fanboy? :)
yeah, that's pretty well known. It's best for giving Peach a pseudo "Dsmash OoS." Using it in an actual match is a bit difficult, so you don't see it much. but anyone who masters it would Raaape.
i find it easiest to to djing forward. its harder to do it djing in place. which actually works out well.

i don't know why i was practicing peach the other day. like, it was literally the first time.

she ended up being too weird for me though

MacD

Banned via Administration
i just saw a match where armada reverse faired a recovering falcon, like at least twice

wtf, talk about creative edge guarding

Samochan

Smash Master
i just saw a match where armada reverse faired a recovering falcon, like at least twice

wtf, talk about creative edge guarding
Ha, he prolly did it for the funnies and it looks cool.

While playing competitive he did think that reverse fair is actually stronger than normal, dunno where he got that, so you might've seen him do reverse fair edegguards there and there for no reason. =D

Samochan

Smash Master
think he said he couldnt cuz finland is mad expensive to fly out of
Who are you talking about here? Not me, surely? =D

Though while personally I prolly won't be going, it seems that some smashers that live in eastern region just might, they've found some real cheap tickets (talking about under 500€), so some finns just might be able to show up there. :3 However our ntsc experience will be sorely lacking. :p

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Careful Samochan, you might be setting yourself up for some unwanted attention. xP

Eh, so am I the only one that LOVES the sound of a dsmash racking up 60-70 damage. mmmmmmmmmmm.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Hi people, I've decided it is time for me to become active in the Peach boards. I know that Peach dittos have already been discussed, but is being agressive better than being campy?

Yesterday at one of ChuDat's biweeklies, Doll decided to show up. I played him in a few Peach ditto friendlies, being my old aggressive self. Even though I tried being smart when I approached with turnips, floats, fairs, etc., he was playing patiently and campy and ended up beating me.

Later, in the tournament, after I beat Tope in a set, I had to play Doll in the Loser's Semifinals. Because of my previous failure of trying to be aggressive, I tried to be extremely patient and campy, like him. I was doing a lot better than I did before, and all 3 of our matches were extremely close. He barely beat me in the first round, I beat him at Mute City in the 2nd round, and the last match was at FD. It was all camping the entire match, and he ended up getting the final fair when there was 0:09 seconds left on the clock xD

So I guess I'm trying to say that I think being campy in Peach dittos is better than being aggressive, but I'm not sure, considering I suck at Peach dittos. Any thoughts?

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Yeah, Tope knocked me into the Loser's brackets, but I beat him in the losers quarterfinals a little bit later (hes too good at sheik dittos, so I had to use peach)

I think that if both Peaches in a Peach ditto spend the entire match camping, then the timer will run out. Doll was beating me by like 50% when there was about a minute left, and everyone watching started telling him to stall it out, but he was too nice to stall xD. I think Doll is just a lot smarter than me, so he won

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
LLOD is pretty good, and tope is ****ing AWFUL vs any char he cant chaingrab or tech chase. XD

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
you beat tope?
well ****
In my experience, camp beats aggro, but it depends more on your playstyle than anything else. someone else can probably give you a better answer
This isn't necessarily true.

Pressure is very good skill to have.

Llod - I saw you play on live stream, I have to say you did some pretty impressive ****.

I didn't see how far you got but congrats and I hope you can show us more of your peach vids :)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
LLod is awesome, he's like... what, 13 now? Started coming to tournies at like 9. What a champ.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
LLOD is pretty good, and tope is ****ing AWFUL vs any char he cant chaingrab or tech chase. XD
Lol I had to play Tope twice. I sheik ditto'd him the first set (we agrees to no CGing) and he destroyed me.
I tried Peach in the 2nd set and I beat him (Mute City ftw, you shouldn't ban it in Pound 4 xD )
I'm starting to doubt that Sheik has an advantage over a Peach. If it's not even, then maybe 55:45 Sheik? Peach doesn't do badly against Sheik.

This isn't necessarily true.

Pressure is very good skill to have.

Llod - I saw you play on live stream, I have to say you did some pretty impressive ****.

I didn't see how far you got but congrats and I hope you can show us more of your peach vids :)
I guess Doll was pressuring, baiting, and camping at the same time. I still have a LOOONG way to go to catch up to him.

I got 4th in the tourney, with M2K 1st, Chu 2nd, and Doll 3rd. I almost won money =D

Top Bottom