• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
That statement wasn't really directed at you Vanz LOL.

Oh and uhhh I'm going to pound4 :) since you know... I play peach :)

I hope me and you can double peach the **** outta people at pound :laugh:

Cia

das kwl
Hell yeah. I plan to cause Massive damage to my C-stick at Pound. And with Plairnkk adding Mute City back to the roster, everything is going according to plan.

:evil:

Cia

das kwl
Stick to Jiggs and Peach, remember what happened when you tried to go high tier last time?

*cough*

- Scared Peach out of MC? I think I did. :uzi:
lol, you only beat my Fox on Mute City, but it ***** you every where else. tell it like it happened :chuckle:

oh and we're 1-1 on Mute City Peach v Ganon. all i need to do is Practice on Mute for 1 hour and i will never lose there again. haha

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
lol, you only beat my Fox on Mute City, but it ***** you every where else. tell it like it happened :chuckle:

oh and we're 1-1 on Mute City Peach v Ganon. all i need to do is Practice on Mute for 1 hour and i will never lose there again. haha
It ***** me in every match that didn't count. Us being 1up on MC doesn't change the fact that Peach got shook!

Do you forget who you're talking to? I'm a washed up vet who gets his hands on the game once a month. That will change soon once I get Melee and AR. Then I'll drop Ganon and play Peach. Shortly after I'm taking over your thread.

-Mwahahahahaha

We should play this Friday or Saturday if you're free.

Cia

das kwl
Yo, you have no idea how much of a pain in the *** Ganon is to Peach.

Money match my Ganon w/ your Peach. I won't ban anything because that's just how sure I am that i can destroy Peach anywhere.

------

Also, Idk if anyone else has seen them. But I just watched those '08 videos of Pc's Peach vs MaNg0's Puff and they really show how to fight Jigglypuff. Not only that, but Pc's Nair game was the best I've ever seen. I'm going to post them here for those who would like to see them. Just pay attention to everything he does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfQRl7fsFSg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkUEgYmnd30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89dmaFQFuQY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBp7MtW_-GQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_jkf8-91cc

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
Nice read VaNz. I started using Peach as a secondary (and possibly my main in teams) and I learned some stuff from this thread. :)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
thats a great set. PC always had one of the best peaches. he did a set with chu and used his peach

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Vans

I realized the other day that dashdancing is really helpful so I started doing it. Then I realized that peaches' dashdance is terribad because she's a slow ho
so I've started doing this instead: Wavelanding platforms, jumping through them, and wavelanding them again (is there a term for this?). I find it makes following up a lot easier, because you get your choice pick of aerials and if you have a turnip you can cover pretty much any rolling option. What do you think?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I'm going to Pound 4 and I play Peach.... Hopefully I learn to shieldpressure by then...

JFox

Smash Hero
shield pressuring with peach isnt that good.

high level players dont usually try to grab, and even if they do they are getting hit by a jab instead of a shine, which means you dont even have a guaranteed follow up from jab. usually im lookin for my opponents roll when i shield pressure. now as a spacie thats great because u are fast enough to cover roll options. unfortunately peach's speed makes it very difficult to cover the roll away (the end of the dash attack is usually the best i can get, depending on the character's roll distance), so unless they are at the end of the stage, rolling away is a pretty safe option. rolling behind peach gets pretty easily punished so i usually try to pressure while my opponent is near the ledge.

Cia

das kwl
Vans

I realized the other day that dashdancing is really helpful so I started doing it. Then I realized that peaches' dashdance is terribad because she's a slow ho
so I've started doing this instead: Wavelanding platforms, jumping through them, and wavelanding them again (is there a term for this?). I find it makes following up a lot easier, because you get your choice pick of aerials and if you have a turnip you can cover pretty much any rolling option. What do you think?
that wavelanding thing is something i do when I've killed my opponent and i can't keep still. It's not really that good to use over and over in a match because ANYONE will just Bair you. So maybe use it once to throw your opponent, but i wouldn't rely on it like you would dash dancing. But I use Peach's dash dance every now and then because it's amusing to see my opponent bewildered by it.

sage - i didn't know you played peach. I met you a while back at a chu bi-weekly. I thought you were a Ness main ^_^'

rubyiris - yeah post vids :)

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
wait peach and dash dancing is beast? Irish i dash dance and throw a little wave dash in their i find it good for mind games mos def

wave landing does help but on a close stage like battlefield vanz is right i find wavelanding almost a trap for us peaches seeing as she is slow

vanz i have heard of doll doing a infinate on foxes with fc and butts...suppose'ively he will hit you with a but the whole way and you can't di or tech out of it is this true?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481

sage - i didn't know you played peach. I met you a while back at a chu bi-weekly. I thought you were a Ness main ^_^'

Well my skill with Ness is greater than my Peach but it's Ness so... lol. How long ago was this? I though I would've remembered meeting you. I would've asked you tons of Peach questions lol.

Yea I main Peach pretty much... Though I'm thinking of Picking up Fox, Shiek, Doc, and Falcon so I can just counterpick ever character.

How do you guys handle campy jigglypuffs?

I can near frame pefect fc nair but I'm really bad at doing it midmatch. I do it randomly without thinking, but when I actually want to do it I can't... ANy tips besides just playing more?

Any tips on uair combo'ing? I know it CAN combo I just never am able to set up for it or nair is just a better option (ie sending them off the stage to edgeguard them)

Also tips on edgeguarding Marth?

I asked a lot of questions lol.

I'm trying to practice a lot so I can at least make it out of the first round of pools at Pound 4.

Edit: Vanz brawl is gay don't play it.

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
Laugh, well honestly in my opinion sage I feel Uair are way more practical at certain percents for combo's yes, but if you don't feel like it is comfortable enough yes then just Nair......For the longest time i would just Nair, b/c Uair felt so weird with peach acuatally it is just recently did i start trying to use the Uair

what character are you trying to counter with Doc?

and with marth I use ussually three methods most of the time in this order
1) drop out their with a bair or sometimes a Nair
(just to say this is risky at the same time I only do it on a occasion to mind game and depending on how good the marth is)
2)Spam some turnips, even go out their sometimes get close enough so you have a def shot with a turnip and hit him
(I find that this works really well..... it is a almost a mind game)
3)Grab edge and drop a turnip is in my opinion the mos effective

but def i would switch it up for mind game purposes

and jigs honestly spam fc fair's all day good damage and if your timing and spacing is good nothing will beat it's priority

but these are just some things I do Vanz I would def love to hear how you handle his questions with peach...also Vanz out of the things I suggested would you disagree with anything?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Laugh, well honestly in my opinion sage I feel Uair are way more practical at certain percents for combo's yes, but if you don't feel like it is comfortable enough yes then just Nair......For the longest time i would just Nair, b/c Uair felt so weird with peach acuatally it is just recently did i start trying to use the Uair
I'm trying to incorporate some of Armada's stuff into my playstyle. I guess I should just watch more vids of him playing.

I'm just picking up a lot of characters too see how I do with them. I actually mistyped and meant to say Mario since I use uair and u-tilt a lot.

(just to say this is risky at the same time I only do it on a occasion to mind game and depending on how good the marth is)
2)Spam some turnips, even go out their sometimes get close enough so you have a def shot with a turnip and hit him

I actually was thinking of the third one. I've just never been able to pull it off or I just throw the turnip at them before I think of using it lol.

and jigs honestly spam fc fair's all day good damage and if your timing and spacing is good nothing will beat it's priority
I'm terribad at spacing fair. I'll work on that after I get drillshining down.

Cia

das kwl
i have heard of doll doing a infinate on foxes.. is this true?
No. it's not an infinite. it's more like pressure. It's essentially the same thing as FC'd Nairs, but with bairs. It might hit like 3 times. Anything more and your opponent is doing something wrong.

[1] How long ago was this?

[2]How do you guys handle campy jigglypuffs?

[3]I can near frame pefect fc nair but I'm really bad at doing it midmatch.. ANy tips besides just playing more?

[4]Any tips on uair combo'ing?

[5]Also tips on edgeguarding Marth?
[1] Sometime last year. I went down there with Eggm, and Jman. I teamed with Boss and we got 3rd :)

[2] Campy Puffs are the best ones to fight. Turnip > Aerial: Do that the entire match. It builds damage sooo fast and puff can't do much about it.

[3] Practice on CPU. (like DK) The reason so many people have trouble with it is because they're used to just doing them for fun and not actually hitting someone with it. And when they do hit someone, they don't know how to time the next one.

[4] Uair strings usually happen after Dash attack pop-up or an Up throw. You might have trouble with this because if combos different characters at really different percents. i.e it really combos fox at like 40+. but it combos DK from like 10. so you just gotta make sure you're in the correct percent zone.

[5] There are a few ways that i like.
a) Drop Float Bair. while Marth is using SideB recovery, just Bair him. It's really simple. This one's my favorite.
b) Z drop turnip > grab ledge. this won't work as often since Marths expect this. but it can work and it's not bad.
c) Dash attack. An Anxious Marth will UpB really early, so you can just dash attack his missed sweet spot and he'll go flying. You can also Fair a missed sweet spot.

but these are just some things I do Vanz I would def love to hear how you handle his questions with peach...also Vanz out of the things I suggested would you disagree with anything?
Nope. Your advice was fine too. it's good to have more than one opinion and we were in perfect agreement on a few things :)

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
laugh okay word

hey VaNz what are some percents with uair for characters, b/c like i said i mean i just started party'ing with uair just b/c i always felt more comfortable with nairs but i def can tell uair is the way to go if you plan to get better

like i want to know how armada be party'ing with uair into fairs? like I was almost positive peach's combos are not existing? i thought it is just all about the consecutive hits?

but yea i would love to know the percents for some uair combos if you know them?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Thanks for your help. The reason I asked the Marth question is cuz I noticed Armada had a really hard time edgeguarding M2K.

I'll try find out how uair combos. I did it with Ness' uair so I guess I'll do it with Peach's...

The Irish Mafia

uair combos on spacies are best done 40-60 in my experience
for marth I usually get 2 at 30ish, but I tend to do a wop-style thing with the bair on floaties instead
Can't do stuff on sheik tho she nairs out

Anyway, vans, I encountered the doc I've been having trouble with again. I pretty much got pill to own'd combo'd. it sucked. I tried to camp but he went falco and I don't do well v falco on DK64

It was close tho
I'm annoyed because I know I can beat him. I'll take him out next time. In the mean time, what can I do about pill spamming? It outdoes turnips, and they do crazy damage.

Cia

das kwl
^ Essentially Yes. Doc just needs to be kept in a corner. And everything you do should be a reaction to something he does.

ex. if he approaches w/ some kind of aerial, prepare a counter (like sheild grab or Nair) if he runs, chase him. He can't pill you with his back turned. Bairs destroy this character. Just drop a bunch of Bairs on his sheild. Bair > Dsmash is almost sure to pierce. all he can really do is roll away. pretty soon you'll catch on to his roll pattern and you'll just ****.

About Falco, you just have to abuse the magic float height. It's just under the height of Peach's full hop. Lasers won't touch you and if he tries to aerial, you have enough time/space to evade and punish. Once he's grounded, you usually get like 50%. then Nair him and that's his stock.

I have some vids vs Eggm, Jman, and G$'s Falco on youtube. maybe those might help ^_^

The Irish Mafia

oh I forgot the most annoying thing

He cc's everything
I approach mostly via turnip fc fair dsmash, rinse and repeat, so the fc fair puts him in a distance where his dsmash hits me but mine misses
doc is stupid vaaaaannnnnssss

Q_Q

Cia

das kwl
Yeah. He's not my favorite match up either. But once i realized that Doc's range is only slightly better than Ness', it all became clear. LOLOL

Top Bottom