• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
The dj landing trick works with Ness and Mewtwo too. Sometime I do it randomly with Ness lol.

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
Vanz what are tactics for....

Fox
------
-approaching(aggro and campy)
-and what really mind gamse a good fox?(b/c i feel my mind games get spitted on against a fox)
-should i stay low or high for a fox as well(i figure low)
-also with a campy fox should i worry about the lasers? or should i just try and hit him?

Peach
-------
What mind games work on a peach?....i mean i think my peach ditto is amazing but i feel as if i am trading hits the whole match just i am getting the more productive hit, and to me i just want something more secure i guess...?

I mean just overall i wouldn't mind hearing some mind games that anyone has that i could maybe steal....for the most part i think my mind games are good but get repeative

Cia

das kwl
Honestly, I'm starting to feel like the campy fox is the easier fox to beat. (on neutrals anyway) Lasers and Nairs are pretty much all they're going to be doing. Uthrow > Uairs here and there. When they're spamming retreat lasers, don't just charge in. Pull a turnip and float. Use the anti-falco float height. No matter how many lasers he's throwing, KEEP your spacing. Fox will eventually leave his post and attempt to get around you. Hit him out of his approach. Fair, Nair and Bair all work fine.

The ideal start in this match up is to land the CC Dsmash > Jab reset/ Dash attack > Grab. after that, you just keep the tech chase going. I usually get them around 70% when the finally get out and from there it's just Nair/Bair > Edge guard.

Here are some matches of me playing against fox. Hope they help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf17ANH_AHg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuNrhVUTQZY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vucabZ2qtek

In the Peach ditto, i pretty much just counter the other Peach's every move. it's hard difficult to explain. But you're every move should be a response to what the other Peach is doing. If they sheild, put on ridiculous pressure. Like Like Dair > Nair > Dsmash. If they're about to Fair you, just Nair them. Pull turnips when you get the chance and use them in your approaches. Just space the other Peach til they hate you.

I have Peach dittos that show my strategy, but I never uploaded them because they're kinda one sided. If you want, I could upload those so you might get an idea of how i play the match up.

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
VAnz i saw you air dodge upwards to get away from a fox uthrow to upair does that work or only if the fox is to slow?

any mind games to grap a fox as well laugh speedy basturd runs to fudg'ing fast?

so even if a fox is lasering just try to float above them into you can bait the fox to come to you?

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
lol peach dittoes

remember at genesis crews it was vwins vs armada and there's that one part where one pulls a turnip, goes in for a fc fair, and the other runs away, pulls a turnip, and goes in for a fc fair while the first guy runs away and grabs a turnip for a fc fair

and it goes on like that for a couple seconds

Cia

das kwl
VAnz i saw you air dodge upwards to get away from a fox uthrow to upair does that work or only if the fox is to slow?

any mind games to grap a fox as well laugh speedy basturd runs to fudg'ing fast?

so even if a fox is lasering just try to float above them into you can bait the fox to come to you?
yeah, if they're even a little late, you can airdodge away from the Uair. Only mindgames i can think of are 1) Dash Dancing: maybe you can bait a sidestep/rolldodge. 2) Empty float approaches: Instead of landing with an aerial, try fast fall > grab. it'll work sometimes. I can think of anymore. mindgames are usually thought of on the spot.You'll know how to use movements to force a laggy response.

also, my friend uploaded those Peach dittos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FGxxrLMYfk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h796HSi0yXs

blast_ssbb

Smash Ace
all these stupid TO's banning stages makes me not wanna play peach anymore :(. she was getting to be fun too except i hate the groan ppl let out everytime i pick her.

Cia

das kwl
i think it's hilarious that people hate playing peach. I would kill for a tournament bracket of ALL peaches. i guess it just depends on who you're playing against.

for example, if you're biggest sources of practice are bowser mains, you're probably going to get groans.

As for that counterpicking rule, that **** is stupid as hell and it makes me sick how much MOST fox/falco players want to curve the game in their favor even more. If that rule becomes standard, I SWEAR that i'll quit w/ no regrets.

blast_ssbb

Smash Ace
yea its stupid im a falco main and i think its stupid, i hate pretty much hate all the neutrals except pokemon with dreamland and yoshis being matchup dependent(as in sometimes i hate them sometimes i dont). that being said i dont want to take a fox/capt/falco to pokemon theyre prob not only as used to the stage as i am but i hate neutral stage formats to begin with so they prob like it more. battlefield, pokemon, yoshis, and dreamland have gay platform nonsense when fighting marth, and FD is just chaingrab heaven no matter what char i fight. when we train at tati's house we play with all the counterpick stages on random and ud be surprised how easy it is to play on those stages with any char.... im just gonna go main shiek bye :D

oh and edit i train vs a falco main and a bowser main so yea :D

Cia

das kwl
^ yeah, seriously that's the best way to practie. that's how I learned Puff, Peach, and ICz on Rainbow Cruise.

anyway, GL with Sheik. maybe they won't 'groan' at her. :laugh:

The Irish Mafia

Vans, in case you didn't know, about doc, if you throw a turnip at him, he can up b it and it will send it at the same angle he travels so he regains his jump and gets knocked towards the stage. So don't do it. Just fair him instead

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
2) Empty float approaches: Instead of landing with an aerial, try fast fall > grab. it'll work sometimes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h796HSi0yXs
I see you do this a lot, works really well.

I have Peach dittos that show my strategy, but I never uploaded them because they're kinda one sided. If you want, I could upload those so you might get an idea of how i play the match up.
You seriously, just know that match...in and out. >_> I can't do anything against youuuuuuuuuuuu XD

JFox

Smash Hero
once in a while vanz will have a day where he forgets how to fight peach. its like his brain fart of the day, how to fight peach...thats my favorite day of the month :)

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
once in a while vanz will have a day where he forgets how to fight peach. its like his brain fart of the day, how to fight peach...thats my favorite day of the month :)
Many people have a hard time forgetting how to say "Make me a sandwich *****"

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I miss peach dittos with Vanz

Cia

das kwl
LOL.. Yeeeah. I'm really proud of my ditto game. I enjoy them too much

:colorful:

Teco - we must do dittos at your smashfest. and massive teams combos. and I want us to perfect our double jiggs team. aaaaah somuchtodosomuchtosee

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
vanz would it be a possibility to IM you? I have questions, but not pertaining to melee Peach :)

blast_ssbb

Smash Ace
You don't like Falco anymore Dan?
u confusing me wit dan? not sure if u talking to me, but im not dan and i still main falco ;) i just kinda secondary all the other high tiers. peach is my fav though after falco i think :D. im Ben dan is tati's neighbor and my teams partner :p even though neither of us have gone to a tourney since may.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Lol. I thought you were Dan this whole time.

What do you consider a pivot Vanz? Since Brawl that term has been used loosely everywhere. If you mean out of a dash dance, a real pivot, then why not just fsmash? Pivoting tilts are tough. You should substitute pivots with run cancels or DJing into tilts. Peach's dash is pretty weak. What moves are you planing to out space with it?

JFox

Smash Hero
ive used pivot ftilt on fox a few times. it makes me feel super technical when it works and combo's into nair, but honestly peach's ftilt is so garbage it just isnt worth it. i use pivot fsmash a lot more (btw I mean melee pivot, i have no idea what a brawl pivot is)

Cia

das kwl
the reason i asked was because there are so many times where i try to Dash attack Fox from my dash dance, and Pivot Ftilt comes out. but the best part is it completely knocks him out of his approach and puts him in combo range. it's like the perfect counter. but i can't do it on command.

MacD

haha 80% of the time my ftilts are messed up dash attacks, it gets really annoying

i like ftilt, just wish there was an easier use for it, i do it to falco's sometimes cause it's funny if they are lasering me close (and i'm getting hit by the lasers) and they are trying to go in for something but don't space well, ftilt comes out fast enough to stop whatever he's trying and i get a nair or something after

and i actaully killed a peach in peach dittos on accident using ftilt on stadium and it made me think that it actually has some real use in things like dittos or against a puff, it'd have to be on a stage where the ceiling is low to have any real use, like stadium

i also used it in a ditto on purpose once, i spaced it so that if he rolled i would cover that with ftilt knowing he wouldn't expect it or DI it properly and it killed him at like 140 on FD... though he somehow killed me with ftilt later that match

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
i feel you guys i fudge up on my dash attacks with ftilts all the time, but it is always nice when something useful comes out of the ftilt =)

....but it does suck balls when they capttilize on you ='(

Cia

das kwl
Ftilt kills are completely possible.

on that note, does anyone know around what percent Peach bomber kills? i feel like being a jerk. lolz

Top Bottom