• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

OliClutch117

Smash Apprentice
I don't really understand when to use turnips I see that a lot of people pull after a KO but in certain MU's when do you pull and at what frequency.

Specific MU's are Marth, Sheik, Fox, Falcon and, Puff

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
I don't really understand when to use turnips I see that a lot of people pull after a KO but in certain MU's when do you pull and at what frequency.

Specific MU's are Marth, Sheik, Fox, Falcon and, Puff

You probably wanna pull as many turnips as you can. The best time to pull them is usually when they are out of range. You get to know the feel of it after a while. Just think how long it would take for your opponent's run speed to pressure your space/punish. If they are not in the range to punish, you pull. Other times to do it is like, if you get a knock down(to a point where you can follow up or something), you can pull. Or if they are off stage you can pull. Like you said, you can also pull after your opponent dies, but that risks having to deal with getting trapped and the turnip limiting your options. What I do is I pull a turnip and go to the top platform or something. Because if they chase, they cant combo/kill off of it for the most part. And if I have to come down and I'm having difficulty, I still have a turnip to help out.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I don't think it's wise to keep the turnip you pluck between stocks when your opponent respawns unless it's Puff or someone similarly slow. Or if you pull a stitch.

MacD

Banned via Administration
so your new favorite person sleepyk has started uploading the matches from Super Smash Sundays (so cal's new biweekly tourney series). he is not going to go back and do the first few, but you can finds my sets from the last two on there. here's his youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/durhamred/videos

you'll find things like me and fiction winning teams, westballz beating me, and me pooping on toph 2 weeks ago

and things like me and westballz winning teams trolling my way though matches with dsmash, me fighting a puff (not my best showing but whatever), me vs fly, me vs lucky, and me vs fiction from this weekend

stayed tuned for vids every 2 weeks and feel free to check out the stream every sunday, where i also do commentary. it's also the stream with so cal marvel/sf4/other fighting games wednesday/thursday and whatever else alex valle decides to stream. http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive

Get Low

Smash Ace
I just want to make a note here that people are jumping into platform Dsmashes more now than ever before. Has anyone else noticed this?

Get Low

Smash Ace
I'll spill some dressing on the platform.
But on the real, I hope people keep jumping into it, because it's a habit that's so engrained into my brain that I'm probably never going to stop doing it.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Some people have pretty respectable punishes for Peach whiffing dsmash on plats, you should really be able to stop yourself from doing it against them, or else you'll be in trouble. Most people just take some crappy up air that doesn't lead to anything, but if they tend to not challenge you, it's probably still better to calmly get down and regain your footing.
Well, it's a mixup situation, so see what the likelihoods and payoffs are and base your decision of what to do on that. Having super exploitable habits like always going for dsmash on plats is pretty bad ;)

Xyzz

Smash Champion
That's actually a good thing. If we - with all the time in the world to analyze - can't figure out why he's doing things... how is the poor opponent supposed to do it in the middle of the match? :D

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
the best high level strats are the ones that others cannot understand and duplicate. it is very easy to produce an irrational strat that others cannot understand, it takes armada to leave an entire generation of foxes clueless

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
MacD is so good. I wish we had a Peach over here that plays your style. You and DoH are so different. I love playing new peach styles T_T

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Consistency. Your neutral game is probably only second to Armada, but you don't get enough from it.

Sure, we all get fun stuff at times, but on average what you get from your openings should be much more, and if you did, you'd probably easily be undisputed #2 Peach in the world ;)

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Hahaha Landon you're still my favorite. But I feel like I get slapped in the face by other Peach styles and I have to adapt super fast to avoid embarassment, which usually leads to platform camping til they change their game plan. <3

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
If people would stop banning FD against me you all would see my 0-death conversions ;)

Also I'm going to train with cactuar soon, so that should level me up a bit.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I need to re-learn how to fight Marth and Peach, xD. On the bright side I can fight Fox and Sheik like a Boss.:cool:

No seriously, though...I can't fight lame Marth for the life of me. Someone remind me how to beat a lame Marth!!!

Peach will just come back at some point, so I'm not worried about that.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
"Runaway"

No, it doesn't fit the description that way. I still respect the "runaway" game because I play it in MvC2 and a few other games. I still call it lame, since a continuous runaway is pretty lame. (It also used to be referred to as that...)

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
NO CACTUAR HE ASKED ME

he means my super-unused peach moonwalking techniques ;) that I may or may not have been working on for a long time. Perhaps.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
You should see my super-unused luigi moonwalking techniques. :)

@rain: I feel like... when Marth runs away... Peach can just pull turnips for free... which are like super fun approach tools when you want them to be...

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Marth shouldn't be "running away" from you, anyways. Well, not enough so that you can pull turnips for free. So just pull them and chuck them till he stops.

The Irish Mafia

started using peach bomber and toad more
peach illuminati has been covering up how good those moves are for years
in all seriousness bomber is really gimmicky but you can get some serious mileage off it baiting shieldgrabs. it fits nicely into the "dash attack / grab" rushdown stuff.
Also OMFG fsmash is so good.
I'm trying to practice wavedashing a lot so i can move around like armada. I still feel like what I'm missing is his air movement. How do you get peach to be less stagnant once she jumps?

MacD

you sir, need to work on your edgeguards more than anything from what i've seen

i bet if you could edgeguard well, you would seriously level up 2 fold

CACTUAR!!!!! teach me falcon.... and how to be super cool <3

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Consistency. Your neutral game is probably only second to Armada, but you don't get enough from it.

Sure, we all get fun stuff at times, but on average what you get from your openings should be much more, and if you did, you'd probably easily be undisputed #2 Peach in the world ;)
I don't agree. Which is not so much a shot at DoH but more likely my disagreement with Xyzz on what neutral game exactly encompasses. And subsequently what a really good neutral game actually means.

My disclaimer is that this is strictly in reference to singles.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
TBH in singles this is me most of the time:

Gonna try and record some stuff with cactus/hax this weekend

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
If you would have just typed "I don't know what the f*ck I'm doing", I would have been so confused as to what you meant. Glad you used a gif!

Xyzz

Smash Champion
I don't agree. Which is not so much a shot at DoH but more likely my disagreement with Xyzz on what neutral game exactly encompasses. And subsequently what a really good neutral game actually means.

My disclaimer is that this is strictly in reference to singles.
Would you mind elaborating further (and name Peach whose neutral game you prefer)? :)

My neutral game could be a lot better, I think... so I'm always looking for more on that (:

Top Bottom