• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

john!

Smash Hero
i use ic's as a secondary. they're good because their weakest matchups are outside of the top tier (peach, ganon, samus, falcon) whereas peach's worst matchups are all in the top tier

Xyzz

Smash Champion
While I do play Falco as a secondary, that guy keeps his beak out of any serious business tournament matches, no matter what character the opponent plays (unless I know for sure I am *way* better than the other guy) :D

I find Fox to be pretty manageable (in PAL at least) (:
Yeah, he is an annoying little ******, who gets to kill you for no reason (dair shine upsmash... <3), but at least he dies pretty easily as well :)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
The joke is that fox doesn't have any bad matchups. :awesome:

For Melee- we're talking about buffing laser damage to 5%, have infinite duration, loop around the blastzones and go through walls.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I veto that idea because my hands would hurt too much. The only saving grace for them right now is how easy dash dancing is

darkatma

Smash Hero
edit: I told Unknown I think Atma's Peach is his best character but he said he thinks it's his Sheik. We never agree on anything loool. Kind of curious to hear which one Atma thinks is better.
I kinda flipflop back and forth myself, but I think the peach is slightly better right now. I've been trying to pick up my trouble matchups with peach just for the sake of knowing them (for those pesky fox/marth and falco/falcon mains).

I've always gone with my peach has a higher average level of play, while my sheik is sometimes awesome and sometimes noobster69. So if I were to play against someone who I think is way out of my league in skill, I'd pick sheik, but otherwise I stick with the fuzzy fruit. (except vs marth and falcon, still my problem matchups, but learning)

Back from my testtaking! I think the past few days stressed me out enough to get me sick. Oh well, more time to theorize about the game.

Also, I'm putting it here first, but when I go back to the midwest, I'm gonna beat kels's campyness and become #1 in the midwest :D (4th seed anywhere else)

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
I feel like peach is a character where you need your undivided attention when learning matchups. Like fox can run into any matchup and do fox stuff, and do generally good. Peach, you run in, you die. So if you wanna play peach, id say stick with her, or main someone else because she is a character of dedication. Thats just me.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hurry up and come back to St. Louis so I can travel there and play you in GFs
That set at my Rolla monthly was really fun =D

I feel like peach is a character where you need your undivided attention when learning matchups. Like fox can run into any matchup and do fox stuff, and do generally good. Peach, you run in, you die. So if you wanna play peach, id say stick with her, or main someone else because she is a character of dedication. Thats just me.
I can not agree with you on anything you wrote

Aside from the stick with her part. Peach is good and fun

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwv8BMptyIw#t=5m53s

check out my :peach: vs. :falcon:

Peach is an amazing character and she does take lots of dedication.

I have also been winning tournaments for Project M going Peach.

Feels good to also be #1 with Peach for Brawl in my state.

Constantly thinking about Peach in all these games is challenging but also very rewarding.

I am continuing to get better and I'm excited to see where I will be in a couple months from now.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

:peach: :peach: :peach:

:phone:

Xyzz

Smash Champion
I use all colors that don't turn her into Daisy, mostly pink and white though (:

Completely unrelated: edgeguarding Luigi by just downsmashing his up b and catching the tech -> up b / side b with nair and him not being able to do anything about it is sooo much fun :D

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Like if you low bair someone's shield into downsmash, spacies can jump out of shield before downsmash and ruin you for it. I'm pretty sure we've known this for a while but I forgot in my old age

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Hmmm... are you sure? Backair leaves us at +4 and downsmash has the first hitbox on frame 5, that doesn't really sound like jumping out of it is an option :x

Fox is airborne on frame 4, and even then he still has to move a bit up before he is actually out of the Dsmash range (I'd guesstimate 1 or 2 additional frames here), so we are looking at a 4 or 5 frames we can waste with staying floated for too long and not hitting downsmash right after landing lag.

if any of this is incorrect, please feel free to correct me, anybody :)

AustinRC

Smash Lord
So peach is a pretty fun character. Thinking about picking her up. Is there anything I MUST know before doing so?

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Its a true lock as long as ether you are frame perfect or at least more frame perfect then the person you are fighting against.

:phone:
The way I see it, you only have to be about 4 or 5 frames better than the other guy, if my above musings are wrong, please tell me where (:

She's bizarre and nothing you currently know about the game is relevant to Peach.

That's about it.
Ahahaha, that is sooo true :D

Top Bottom