• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

MacD

Banned via Administration
with any character, if you hold down you won't grab the ledge. it's really easy to do with peach because you push down to fast fall out of your umbrella and sometimes might hold down and fall past it. what i like to do is push up on the control stick when i'm next to the ledge cause that way, i know i'll grab it

though if you are on battlefield, it's just cause battlefield is stupid. if you are too close you won't grab the ledge.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Smash 64 edgegrab ranges are so short.

I think if you hold away you also don't grab the edge. Don't quote me on that one though.

Battlecow

Play to Win
64 edgegrab ranges are REASONABLE

Unlike silly melee where you can grab it from ANYWHERE whether or not you're facing it.

Melee's edgegame is just one small step away from Brawl's.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
Unlike silly melee where you can grab it from ANYWHERE whether or not you're facing it.
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
64 edgegrab ranges are REASONABLE

Melee's edgegame is just one small step away from Brawl's.

Come on now.

Unless you're playing Doc/Mario/Luigi, Melee has the most concrete ledge game of the series. Only like two characters can grab the ledge while not facing it (and its a very small window) and the invincibility frames are short but not trivial.

Not to mention ledge stalling isnt really an option.

mers

Smash Ace
Bowser, Captain Falcon, Falco, Fox, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Link, and Young Link can all grab ledge while facing away. That's basically a third of the cast.

I actually agree with you though, I just wanted to be difficult.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Bowser, Captain Falcon, Falco, Fox, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Link, and Young Link can all grab ledge while facing away. That's basically a third of the cast.

I actually agree with you though, I just wanted to be difficult.
Don't forget DK, Yoshi (rarely applicable, but it's there), gaw (maybe?). :awesome:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
G&W does not. Also, can't popo grab backwards if he cancels the upb on the edge when he is throwing nana (did that make sense?) or is that only if you are facing the edge?

Composeur

Smash Ace
Video advice please

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFOK77ilDK4

So here's the first match of a crew battle played last week at a Detroit-area smash party.

The peach player is me (Xan). I'm looking for general advice on areas I can improve in. I realize my peach needs a lot of work, and in general as a player I have never been exceptionally talented. So basic, general advice, or more advanced advice with specific, concrete examples of what and how how I should practice. Don't bother commenting on exceedingly obvious mistakes (like me missing that ledgehog) unless they're patterns.

Thanks! :)

MacD

idk if it's nerves or what, but stop getting battlefielded lol

it seems like the problem you have if your don't flow from move to move, like you hit him, take half a second to think what to do next, then go do it. looks like it cost you lots of follow ups. like at 2:10... after rewatching it maybe it was just a fail reverse dash. but i just feel like you are following up after things later than you should, like after a lot of the L cancelled things

you double jumped > floated in place a lot, need to make sure you just float at whatever height you want, not dj

i would mention something about not being able to fall through platforms... but it's not like i can fall through them either

and LOOOOL at that stock against the marth next match

sorry i suck and don't know what else to say, though it could also be i just woke up johns, who knows

Composeur

Smash Ace
idk if it's nerves or what, but stop getting battlefielded lol

it seems like the problem you have if your don't flow from move to move, like you hit him, take half a second to think what to do next, then go do it. looks like it cost you lots of follow ups. like at 2:10... after rewatching it maybe it was just a fail reverse dash. but i just feel like you are following up after things later than you should, like after a lot of the L cancelled things

you double jumped > floated in place a lot, need to make sure you just float at whatever height you want, not dj

i would mention something about not being able to fall through platforms... but it's not like i can fall through them either

and LOOOOL at that stock against the marth next match

sorry i suck and don't know what else to say, though it could also be i just woke up johns, who knows
My peach does lag a lot because I **** up the timing on things and press buttons too soon, especially out of shield. I think it's because I have problems compensating for stun frames. Also, I miss a lot of floats and short-hops in general. It's worse sometimes than others. Luckily, I think the ganon was nervous, too.

And yes, I suck at falling through platforms, haha. I wanted to go to FD, but he kinda picked BF and started playing without even asking me. <_< I don't know why it's so hard to fall through sometimes. Do you think the best way is to float low and then ff through it, or just to fall through from a standing position?

dj > float was probably button-mashing nerves, since I don't usually do that.

and rofl at the marth stock--you weren't supposed to watch it! Marth is my most hated matchup, easily, but that was really bad even for me.

Thanks for the feedback. Let me know if you think of anything else. I'll probably record a few more matches soon against my falcon friend, who's a much better player.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Peach can grab the edge backwards with her djc, it's just like yoshi but much harder timing. I've done it a couple of times on accident. It's quite annoying.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFOK77ilDK4

So here's the first match of a crew battle played last week at a Detroit-area smash party.

The peach player is me (Xan). I'm looking for general advice on areas I can improve in. I realize my peach needs a lot of work, and in general as a player I have never been exceptionally talented. So basic, general advice, or more advanced advice with specific, concrete examples of what and how how I should practice. Don't bother commenting on exceedingly obvious mistakes (like me missing that ledgehog) unless they're patterns.

Thanks! :)
I'll comment on the matchup since Mccain got the jist of the match itself.

One thing: turnip -> fair.

Thats like the bane of Ganon. When you approach him, always have a turnip in your hand. You can really follow it up with anything, but turnip -> fair is so juciy.

If hes pressuring you in your shield, run away then turnip -> fair.

If hes not approaching you, back off then turnip -> fair.

If you dont think you look cute enough, walk back then turnip -fair.

It really works for every situation in that matchup.

Composeur

Smash Ace
I'll comment on the matchup since Mccain got the jist of the match itself.

One thing: turnip -> fair.

Thats like the bane of Ganon. When you approach him, always have a turnip in your hand. You can really follow it up with anything, but turnip -> fair is so juciy.

If hes pressuring you in your shield, run away then turnip -> fair.

If hes not approaching you, back off then turnip -> fair.

If you dont think you look cute enough, walk back then turnip -fair.

It really works for every situation in that matchup.
Oh, I <3 you so, Alan. I'll work on my turnip to fair. Any specific height it's good at? I'll look for Armada/vwins vs Kage vids.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
As long as the turnip is gonna hit him, you're doing it right.

Its the distance you gotta worry about, not the height. Dont be far enough away to where he can catch it and throw it (as Ganon has a fairly fast throw) but dont be close enough to where he can up-air you in the face.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I really like just keeping in ganon's face and making sure he can't do anything. Nair if he's in the air, d-smash if he's on the ground.

I suck though so /wrists.

MacD

there's nothing wrong with that plan

problem is getting inside of ganon

retreating fair is > any approach you have if you just charge in

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I just expect that and push him back to the edge of the stage. It's all a positioning game. If you see he approaches you from that just dash attack.

IDK I'm bad though.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
I just expect that and push him back to the edge of the stage. It's all a positioning game. If you see he approaches you from that just dash attack.

IDK I'm bad though.
Your melancholy mood is annoying me, stop ending all your posts with "im bad".

This goes for everyone: I dont care how ****ty you are, your input and contributions are always welcome when discussing certain topics (unless you're jfox).

Specifically for you, you almost always have useful information, and you need to start giving yourself some more credit.

I wanna address you by your real name and talk some sass into you, but I cant. So imma just leave you with this gif of awesomeness.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
lol ya actually sage a lot of the times the stuff i read from you makes a lot of sense, and then i get really confused when you say "well i suck so iono"

:)

Top Bottom