• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

MacD

Banned via Administration
i didn't expect this thread to be so active yesterday

i went to a tourney for the first time in like a month (so like it's been like 4 tournies lololol)

lots of recorded vids, had to run through losers, lots of 2/3-0s

... actually it was like 2 and a 3-1 but whatever

me and zhu teamed and did falco peach for any of you interested in that team comp. i think i like teaming with his falco more because we don't collide as much and he has trouble getting kills with fox lots of the time

^ Not that I know of. You can probably find FC Nair vids tho. That's all I know personally D:

BTW, recovering from the ledge to the stage = hilarious, yet somehow legit.
i've realized all i do is stand up and try to shield, if i get hit then i can recover high, if not oh well lolol, or i'll jump

it's not the best strat, but hey, it works

This thread blows, and it now about how badly certain peach players will do at Genesis 2.

I predict Jfox showing up and losing to a roy on mute city again.
LLOOLOLOOOLLOLOLOL OMG SOOOOOOOO GOOD

the only thing i regret, is looking away after he was up 4-3 with like 3% thinking "well he'll get this match easy"

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Went to a tournament for the first time since pound yesterday. Lost to Wobbles and Xelic :-/

Didn't get to play axe in tournament either

:phone:

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Wow that'll be three Peach's there. ****.

If doll's going. i don't think he is. So wait that's two. nvm.

why did I post this post?

Oh yea, can somebody send me a video that demonstrates the power of wd backwards against spacies? It's the next trick I'm working on.

Wake

Smash Master
Armada does the wd backwards thing against spacies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ySYfAJIqPA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBYH8RqyGO0&feature=related

Have you seen these videos? They're really good matches, and I'm pretty sure he uses wd backwards against Calle W more than a couple of times...

I usually don't like watching Peach dittos, but for some reason I liked Xelic vs DoH... in the second match on Brinstar, DoH, did you know that Peach's over-b would launch her like that? Or was that just an accident? Also, in the third match, you punished Xelic's dsmash with a float bair, it was cool. You hit him like 3 times. I'll have to try that on other Peach players sometime.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Well we sort of invented that matchup lololololol

Yeah, Brinstar has slopes, and when you bomber off them you super wd in the air

I also have a couple more matches that Tai recorded, dunno when they'll be up

BloodyPuppy

Smash Journeyman
I have a question about Peach Bomber. A lot of the time I'll try and use it on a wall to stall or recover, and there's no explosion and I just fall, usually killing myself. I know I'm close enough to hit, sometimes right next to the wall, so why the hell does it keep happening?

Wake

Smash Master
I have a question about Peach Bomber. A lot of the time I'll try and use it on a wall to stall or recover, and there's no explosion and I just fall, usually killing myself. I know I'm close enough to hit, sometimes right next to the wall, so why the hell does it keep happening?
If you're too close to the wall, then it won't explode.

Get Low

Smash Ace
Does Peach Bombing into a wall give you any vertical distance? It seems like it causes you to go slightly upward, but I can't tell if I'm just imagining it or not.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
think about how samus does her missiles. on a "smash" side b, she does the strong missile but otherwise she does a homing missile. Many other side bs act this way, peach's, pikachu's and luigi's go farther if you do the smash side b

Get Low

Smash Ace
think about how samus does her missiles. on a "smash" side b, she does the strong missile but otherwise she does a homing missile. Many other side bs act this way, peach's, pikachu's and luigi's go farther if you do the smash side b
Thanks a ton! I had no idea you could do that.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I have a question about DIing against marth. How am I supposed to DI him? Does anyone have a good starting guideline? Cause like, if I DI in, I just get combod more, and if I DI away, I often get hit with a tipper and die really early...any advice please? this is mostly against his fairs/grabs/dash attacks etc...

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
It's all very situational. You di his air stuff away, and you have to be fast enough to di away on the ground but to di the tipper properly

AXE 09

Smash Master
What are the odds of pulling a stitchface? I skimmed through all the stickied threads and couldn't find anything lol.

I might as well ask for all turnip pull stats while I'm at it :) I know a bomb is 1/300, but I literally don't know any of the other stats.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
I could be wrong, but I figured I'd bring it up since we're on the topic of Peach's bomber. If you do it against the tree on the uhhhh...fire transformation on PS, isn't the explosion from it big enough to reach to the other side of the tree? I just did it yesterday and my friend was shielding on the other side of the tree and it looked like the explosion's hitbox reached him...just speculation...probably not many applications for it especially against Marth, but I figure it's worth noting =P

:phone:

baka4moé

Smash Champion
It's all very situational. You di his air stuff away, and you have to be fast enough to di away on the ground but to di the tipper properly
Thanks DoH. Is there ever a time where di-ing in is a good thing?

Also, anyone else have any thoughts on di for marth? Thanks in advance for any input.

SpeedyJ

Smash Journeyman
Wow thanks, this helps a lot. ^_^

And I tried FoD against my friend who is a CF main, and it worked really nicely. The moving platforms messed up his combos lol.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I just wanted to give a shout out to DoH and Xelic for doing a great job in tournament recently!! Can't wait to watch all the videos of you guys. :-)

DoH, what did you think of Falcoty??

Also, here are some videos of me from a tournament I recently entered. I got 4th out of 28.

Lost to Forward and Axe in bracket.

1) Axe :pikachu:
2) GG7 :falcon:
3) Tai :marth:
4) Silly Kyle :peach:
5) Forward :fox: :falco: :marth: :falcon: :pikachu:
5) Rubyiris :falco:
7) Falcoty :sheik:
7) Okami :sheik:

Silly Kyle :peach: vs. Rubyiris :falco:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5tslRrp53I

Silly Kyle :peach: vs. Axe :pikachu:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEMNILtZpcA

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I thought he was kind of basic and once I got the hang of it he was fairly easy. He platform camps and waits for you to do stuff a lot. He's gotten a lot better since I played him last though.

Top Bottom