• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
ROCHESTER !!!! SYRACUSE

Jeff (samasan, Tao vhal, Tao, Mana friend /team partner) said he'd have a fest at his place in Rochester. He has four tv's already so we have tourney potential. We could get mad setups and do this plus Jeff's place is awesome

Cuse get to oswego its not bad there are even busses last resort cheap to oswego. We can take my car it seats six!

It could be very soon be spontaneous meet up with people you haven't seen in a while details coming spread the word!!!!!
Oh man! Keep me posted! :D

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Woo! look at Wolf making the 10th most money, beating out several high tiers :D

trolololololl haha i dont remember people agreeing on SMM1 or Tyrant being higher on the PR than me :p im pretty sure ive placed higher than them at all the tournaments ive gone to... uhhhh
I got 4th at 5th BEST :p

Though you did eliminate me from losers at AXS3, the one tournament we both were at, and I'm much newer, so I do think you deserve to be higher than me as of now (I will get my revenge on you!)

Da1AndOnlySonic

Smash Journeyman
Are you being legit about that? Cause I've heard like 5 people say that the pools got recorded wrong. How did so many rumors spread around Apex? lol.

Whatevs though, if that's the case then I guess SMM1 is 8th.

Also, good **** on taking a game from Leon, if you did.
Yes, the pools got recorded wrong. I beat SMM1 2-0, but it was recorded that I got beat 0-2.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
Wow he didn't go Olimar? what the **** he's doing that scrub thing that I used to do where I go a secondary cause I'm scared to use my main.

Edit: And okay, I got my facts backwards, cool.

Foy

Smash Champion
ROCHESTER !!!! SYRACUSE

Jeff (samasan, Tao vhal, Tao, Mana friend /team partner) said he'd have a fest at his place in Rochester. He has four tv's already so we have tourney potential. We could get mad setups and do this plus Jeff's place is awesome

Cuse get to oswego its not bad there are even busses last resort cheap to oswego. We can take my car it seats six!

It could be very soon be spontaneous meet up with people you haven't seen in a while details coming spread the word!!!!!

:phone:
Yo mofo let me know when the **** this is bro so i can take the weekend/notweekend off. Apartment would be down to do this and we live mad close to Jeff

<3 Foy

Spamus43

Smash Journeyman
ROCHESTER !!!! SYRACUSE

Keep me posted about this, I'll definitely be there.

Sama-san

Smash Cadet
Sup guys, (Jeff)

How does the 28th sound? Depending on there is interest can possibly go a second day... (Since most of you guys live near by)

Just lmk whats best for all of you. I haven't really gotten to play Melee since getting back from Japanland, but while I was over, I got lots of play in. Hopefully I'm not to free, but it would still be great to see everyone again.

-Jeff

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
can someone fille me in on the intended dates for things around here

and for the umpteenth time, can we PLEASE have somebody take over the OP and put the dates for this thing in there so I dont have to ask like this?

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
can someone fille me in on the intended dates for things around here

and for the umpteenth time, can we PLEASE have somebody take over the OP and put the dates for this thing in there so I dont have to ask like this?
There's 8th BEST on the 11th of February http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=315478

And Utican Do It! on the 3rd of March http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=315997

Also, if no one takes over the thread, would we be able to create a new one?

-Cross-

Smash Ace

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You could make a new one. Just make sure everybody understands that there will be a new thread and get a mod to close this one, so that it doesn't keep getting necro'd
I would really REALLY like for my thread to not get closed, there's a lot of history here

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Wait, did Cura... QUIT? Shame on him. I would never do such a thi... Oh, wait. Never mind. Miss you guys, will come back eventually. And please, keep this thread.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
also im still in the process of putting a tournament together. the owner of the venue just isnt the most organized so we still havent sent a date. hopefully mid march? just a heads up.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Didn't really quit, just dont care enough to really plan anything such as fest or tournaments anymore. With still attend stuff with friends and have people over every once in awhile. Still attempting to give the thread to beta.

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
also im still in the process of putting a tournament together. the owner of the venue just isnt the most organized so we still havent sent a date. hopefully mid march? just a heads up.
I already have March 31 reserved just so you know.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im probably going to look into having a tournament in march. whenever the RIT class load is light. And fair warning, if I do it, Im probably not going to care about whether it interferes with other events or not. And it will probably have slightly experimental, non standard rules. (one less stock per game.)

-Cross-

Smash Ace
I would really REALLY like for my thread to not get closed, there's a lot of history here
Why isn't it still your thread then? And I was merely commenting on Tyrant's post, I would prefer if the thread wasn't closed either, but if transferring ownership is becoming an issue, then it's a legitimate option.
*cough*NJPRthread*cough*

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Uh...I have no problem with you adding stages, honestly, but the stocks...I don't know about that. I'd rather we get opinions on the stocks before changing them, tbh. Stages you can expand as much as you want though.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Im probably going to look into having a tournament in march. whenever the RIT class load is light. And fair warning, if I do it, Im probably not going to care about whether it interferes with other events or not. And it will probably have slightly experimental, non standard rules. (one less stock per game.)
Why would you not try to avoid conflicting with other events in the region? Hosting your tournament on the same date as another tournament would result in lower attendance for both events.

Top Bottom