• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Grand finals were recorded you guys can see it soon enough, niko was playing extremely well vs jesse

otg

Smash Master
I don't know. Sheik vs. Marth is probably Marth's worst matchup and Niko won two close sets. Not saying Jesiah couldn't win, but I think atm it's safe to say Niko's a stronger player. I'm really sad Jesiah turned down my request for a MM, he def has no idea how to fight Doc

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
\\\\\\\

I'm gonna leave this right here.

EDIT:
I know there was talk of it earlier, but who from upstate is actually coming down for pound?

Niko45

Smash Master
i just wonderin how jteg lost to marth idk weiiiird ill john for him he had an off day
If my impression of Jesse is correct, I really doubt he wants you to john for him. Plus this is just really ignorant. He 3-1'd Tuna TWICE on this same "off day." That's a huge accomplishment imo, one that I'm certainly jealous of. Plus, consistency is skill.

I don't know. Sheik vs. Marth is probably Marth's worst matchup and Niko won two close sets. Not saying Jesiah couldn't win, but I think atm it's safe to say Niko's a stronger player. I'm really sad Jesiah turned down my request for a MM, he def has no idea how to fight Doc
My dude has my back.

good thing irish mafia wasnt there or he woulda ***** all ya'll
I hate you.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
you missed the sars chasm. =)

but still cool that some ppl from upstate got to play you guys i await vids will be good. niko must be legit

also otg i will mm your doc wit zelda

Niko45

Smash Master
you missed the sars chasm. =)

but still cool that some ppl from upstate got to play you guys i await vids will be good. niko must be legit
Epic fail on my part, but anyways yea it would have been cool to play more people from upstate, but Jesse and Kwan and everyone else were plenty of fun. I want more Marth dittos with Jesse. :D

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
good thing irish mafia wasnt there or he woulda ***** all ya'll

I dont know which of these two posts is funnier to me...

Makes me sad that Im the only doc that hasnt beaten him. He even lost to Artery Clogger... Maybe Ill give him some doc practice for the next tourney.
\\\\\\\

I'm gonna leave this right here.

EDIT:
I know there was talk of it earlier, but who from upstate is actually coming down for pound?

Right now the only people Ive talked to about this are me San and Sharky, but knowing them, most likely, Neil and Jason will be coming too.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Troy tourney made me my Pound trip most likely.

Edit: Only if I can get free housing.
Can be done. Ideally I'd like you to take the metro closer to my house if you're going to stay here rather than crash at the hotel, but depending on how far your transportation gets you, I'll see where I could pick you up.

DLeet

Smash Rookie
I gotta get myself to some fests, cus i did absolutely horrible at the tournament. On top of that i got to get myself up on that power ranking. Doesn't help that everyone's still getting better. Oh well i suppose.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
Can be done. Ideally I'd like you to take the metro closer to my house if you're going to stay here rather than crash at the hotel, but depending on how far your transportation gets you, I'll see where I could pick you up.
I'm pretty sure the bus stop is about like 3 miles from the venue or some **** Sharky said.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
I'm pretty sure the bus stop is about like 3 miles from the venue or some **** Sharky said.
Probably right next to the metro. It'd be like... maybe 5-6 dollars to get you one way to shady grove stop, if you really don't want to spend on the hotel. That's cool, and I wouldn't mind having ya, but do consider that you get a lot of friendlies at the hotel, so there's a tradeoff to missing some stuff and training resources. Either way though, tell me what you decide. Get at my AIM; I know you've got one but you don't list it.

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
Well, I wouldn't say "beat" me in Brawl+. I remember losing first match with my Lucario and then going MK and winning every match following that :)

I have no idea what I'm doing in that particular version though.

And yes I go to Brockport. I live in Bramley.

Hit me up some time.....though I really haven't been playing much lately myself....
You won every match of vBrawl (I play vBrawl about as often as you do B+ though so I don't really know what I'm doing) and I remember you beating me with MK when I was DDD, but I don't remember any of our other matches. You definitely won most of them, but we were much closer in B+.

Yeah I haven't played much lately, and the semester's over but I'll be back next semester so we should definitely play sometime.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Well I just remember winning specifically in Brawl+ with MK because I was complaining about his Dsmash the entire time, and you were complaining that he was still broken despite his nerfs in that game.

The Dedede match was in vBrawl because I remember you saying he can do some special thing with down airs or something in Brawl+, but not in this version.

But who cares? lol....yeah we'll hopefully find some time to play next semester.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
Since there's no RPI Smash Club this week, I'll host a smashfest on Thursday. I have two tvs, but both are HD, so I don't want to hear the lag johns. I was able to get some consistency with IC's alt grabs on one of them, so it's not that bad. Also, I only have one Wii, so if we get more than 4 people, it would probably be good to bring one. I will not be feeding you, I can't give you a ride home, and certainly can't house you. You're welcome to bring your own food, but generally don't make a mess. If you break anything you will pay for it. I'm not trying to be a ****, just making sure we're all on the same page.

Start Time: 4pm Thursday
End Time: Doesn't matter
Location: 1730 Highland Ave, Troy, NY. It's the house with the path that goes in between two trees. I am the door on the right.

There's parking on the same side of the street that my apartment is on. There's not always room, so give me a call if you run into any problems. Call me if you have trouble finding the place as well.

huMps

Smash Ace
beta vs kwan set was pretty awesome. niko and jesse was sick as well

yah mana
I have a game cube for melee and a playstation for ff7 period.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Awww, that's cute. Everyone's getting ready for a road trip!

Haven't seen this in a while! ^__^

INCOMING HYPE, DAWG

Top Bottom