• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
also, at TGS, You should try to find two guys named Dudutsai and Shiv.

They are going to be the closest smashers to you. (you live in Binghamton, right?)

TommyGreenShirt

Smash Journeyman
also, at TGS, You should try to find two guys named Dudutsai and Shiv.

They are going to be the closest smashers to you. (you live in Binghamton, right?)
Yeah, I already contacted Dudutsai, and he mentioned something about Shiv I think.

Is that the Same Shiv that plays a nasty falco in melee? I saw a video of him vs M2K I think.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you might be thinking of shiz, as is dashizwiz.

shiv is brawl only i think, and hes just about at your level, maybe a bit better. hes on the Honorable mention in the OP.

TommyGreenShirt

Smash Journeyman
you might be thinking of shiz, as is dashizwiz.

shiv is brawl only i think, and hes just about at your level, maybe a bit better. hes on the Honorable mention in the OP.
Ah, yeah, you're right. I got the "v" and "z" confused.

I'll look him up too. I think Tsai said he goes to the college here as well.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Sure is winter johns in the summertime in here.

-Totally doing it wrong, guys. Winter johns in the winter only, summer johns in the summer only, allergy johns in the spring only.

So, twice yesterday, I had this weird thing happen in delfino. Once with a human player, once with a CPU. You know that part of the stage with the umbrella platforms? Players got sent for kills off the left boundary in the air and bounced off and came back. Twice.
Glitches all up in this mofo

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
That was some extremely detailed feedback. I appreciate that.

And yeah, I have a few friends from high school who go to Albany and one is for Journalism, so that school has crossed my mind too. Also the NYC school is a great idea, but, while I do like the city, I don't think I would like staying there for that long of a period of time. What you said about Albany was dead-on though.

That's cool that you're going to Buffalo. I bet the winters get fun with the lake effect.
No prob - Always glad to help. I was doing all the college searching recently so a lot of it is still fresh in my head. Journalism is kind of like business in that you need people to make it work, so the bigger cities are definitely a plus.

Apparently some towns get like 3 feet and others get a dusting even though they're less than a mile or so away sometimes. ****'s crazy. Although people living up there say the snow hasn't been as bad the past two winters, apparently we've been getting it worst on Long Island surprisingly.

TommyGreenShirt

Smash Journeyman
No prob - Always glad to help. I was doing all the college searching recently so a lot of it is still fresh in my head. Journalism is kind of like business in that you need people to make it work, so the bigger cities are definitely a plus.

Apparently some towns get like 3 feet and others get a dusting even though they're less than a mile or so away sometimes. ****'s crazy. Although people living up there say the snow hasn't been as bad the past two winters, apparently we've been getting it worst on Long Island surprisingly.
Also didn't you guys (Long Island that is) get a tornado or something recently?

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Dunno bout NY, but DC got hit with a 70MPH wind thunderstorm. No tornadoes (in the immediate area,) no hurricanes, just, 70MPH summer storm. I was driving through 75% of its duration. FUN. TIMES.

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
oswego beats u all for snow lol
Psh, puhleeze, Massena snow sucks balls in every hardcore sense of the phrase. Random as hell and when it comes down, you best be stayin' bundled in yer house. x.x

Also, any word yet on anythin' for the 11th? I got the weekend free so lets do somethin' epic or some **** like that.

VFXMario

Smash Cadet
NNID
TriMarcs
3DS FC
1289-9056-8269
Epic Yarn looks awesome in the art style, kinda like how Paper Mario was, as for Fps I hate that genre for some reason but I can play anything else.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
Dead forum is no longer dead cause im here.

Hows everyone doing? We need to play more smash.
Yo, foy, when Minh and I move back in I gotta play some more ssf4 with you. I haven't played ssf4 most of the summer, but I've been playing every other sf that I own, so I'll be better than the last time we played. Get that blanka ready, man.

Oh, and I'm gonna be living with minh, so I'm probably going to be amazing at every 2d fighter by winter quarter. (Maybe even marvel?)

Top Bottom