• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

otg

Smash Master
It's funny how people can do much differently than you'd expect against the field based on how they do against you personally. In some cases better and in some cases worse.

In any case I really don't see how we are from upstate NY. Troy was fun but that was us going out of region. No Johns, the main tristate local, is like 30 minutes away from us. Tournaments in nyc/LI/jersey are like 45 mins to an hour. We don't play with upstate remotely regularly (once ever?). I guess it's fun to speculate where we'd be ranked in other regions or something but at the end of the day, we're just unranked tristate players. :(
Real talk. I agree that we shouldn't be included in this PR, but goggles claimed you were the best in NYS, so if they wanna rank us then go ahead.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
dey could be on it imo even if they make it to a couple more

the prob is, troy is closer to them than the rest of nys sometimes haha buff roch have it rough troy is not a regular venue. i wish it were more often though if more people weststate would make it out

and i just want to go to something again lol cuse have another one please

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman
Where is the "standard" venue for you guys then? I figured Troy wasn't it, but is it based mostly in Rochester or Syracuse?
It's probably about a 60:40 split between Rochester (on RIT campus) and Syracuse (wherever Cura chooses to host). I'm trying to hold an event here next weekend.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
steffon your nuts are crushed

fox, seriously? get outta here. you're probably camping lasers and grab -> uthrow, WEAK ;)

edit: for melee mostly roch, for our biggest turnouts IMO it is cuse, we get some good turnouts sometimes for brawl + melee

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Wechester seems like an awesome location. Instead of thinking that you're isolated from NYS and NYC+LI, I think you guys are really more like part of both regions. At least, as long as you attend tourneys around those locations. If there are more Troy/Albany tourneys for melee and you guys show, I see no reason that you guys shouldn't be ranked.

The rest of NYS (especially Zhenkai, no offense ;)) is more isolated than you guys, it takes longer for us to travel to tournies in our own region than for you guys to travel out of region. P:

But that's just my PoV. (All this competitive melee talk makes me actually wanna get okay at it. I'm still garbage at it. xD)

otg

Smash Master
Wechester seems like an awesome location. Instead of thinking that you're isolated from NYS and NYC+LI, I think you guys are really more like part of both regions. At least, as long as you attend tourneys around those locations. If there are more Troy/Albany tourneys for melee and you guys show, I see no reason that you guys shouldn't be ranked.

The rest of NYS (especially Zhenkai, no offense ;)) is more isolated than you guys, it takes longer for us to travel to tournies in our own region than for you guys to travel out of region. P:

But that's just my PoV. (All this competitive melee talk makes me actually wanna get okay at it. I'm still garbage at it. xD)
That's such an awesome point. All of you guys should come out for the No johns on the 15th. I know it might be hard, but i gotta meet and ****/make love/smoke with all of you.

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman
steffon your nuts are crushed

fox, seriously? get outta here. you're probably camping lasers and grab -> uthrow, WEAK ;)

edit: for melee mostly roch, for our biggest turnouts IMO it is cuse, we get some good turnouts sometimes for brawl + melee
You clearly haven't played me in a while :p I can go Fox or Falco. I probably wouldn't go Falco vs your Zelda cause that match up isn't as easy as it is for Fox. But every other character I can go both. Probably prefer Falco on Falcon cause it's such a free match up. I don't think you can lay a finger on my try hard mode though ;)

Foy

Smash Champion
That's such an awesome point. All of you guys should come out for the No johns on the 15th. I know it might be hard, but i gotta meet and ****/make love/smoke with all of you.
Not only will i smoke with you, but ill smoke you in melee.

At the one and only manalord, get over to roch this weekend aka now.

huMps

Smash Ace
How's tomorrow looking at the apartment for some melee? I plan on playing all ****ing dddaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy! possibly sunday too, especially if mana is gonna be there. Gotta play the oswego no show

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
humps we def gotta play and haha oswego no show i like it lmao.

trade, ill be stayin out there. im outta work by 8 on sunday so wed be in roch that night, then stay all day monday and leave tues morning. but if you wanna tag along and cant stick for that long we could leave monday night if necessary or something lemme kno.

ill talk to jeff also to see if we can get him upp

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Ok guys i will definitely be in rochester :)))

tomorrow night i will arrive by 10pm. I will leave tuesday morning. So come on out and play / chill :) :) :)

ps money match me

Sharky

Smash Master
hey guys this is my first time getting back online since the day before the fest lol, it was mad fun meeting trademark. It sucks more people couldn't make it tho, I wanna host another fest sometime in the next week or so, good nights for me are tuesday thursday and saturday. Lemme know what's good, peeps!

x13mako

Smash Ace
hey guys this is my first time getting back online since the day before the fest lol, it was mad fun meeting trademark. It sucks more people couldn't make it tho, I wanna host another fest sometime in the next week or so, good nights for me are tuesday thursday and saturday. Lemme know what's good, peeps!
Huh, what? Fest, what?

Sharky

Smash Master
1 vote for saturday so far, I wanna hear from more people! coughcoughmanacoughcough

and I need people with setups! I got one bigass old school tv and that's it!

Sharky

Smash Master
boi why you going to these crazy pos oos tourneys, if you don't want saturday then vote for one of the other two days!

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
sats no good for me :(

hmmm, i could do a thursday one?? no matter what I have to work either the day of or the day after on any of those days so it'll be tough. Maybe declare it in advance and i can take off for whatever works best for everyone

Sharky

Smash Master
well if this week doesn't work for a lot of people I'm def willing to do something the week after. But I'm basing these days off of my current work schedule and that isn't going to change much I'm afraid. =(

actually I just realized I picked up a shift this thursday night so that won't work for me =( future thursdays will however.

Top Bottom