• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Attention everyone. in about 12 hours, Im leaving to Myrtle Beach with my extended family. Ill probably be on the thread here and there, but much less than normal until I get back next sunday.

Spamus43

Smash Journeyman

also burak, the word is tenure, not ten-year.

Unless this is a rap about a high-school teacher who simply moonlights as a rapper, "tenure" makes no sense. Seems to me that "ten-year," as in ten-year reunion, is clearly the correct lyric.

Then again, I don't know all that much about rap. Feel free to discuss.

hubble

Smash Ace
Unless this is a rap about a high-school teacher who simply moonlights as a rapper, "tenure" makes no sense. Seems to me that "ten-year," as in ten-year reunion, is clearly the correct lyric.

Then again, I don't know all that much about rap. Feel free to discuss.
:laugh:

Your the best kiddo.

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
I hope we become best friends zhen :D
I'm mostly mellow and quiet, but do have my loud moments, so if you can deal with that, we'll be friends. XD

you better
I got the money and the time now, it's just really makin' sure the event happens, where it is, and depending on bus schedules, if I can bum a place to stay for Saturday, maybe Friday night, too.

Attention everyone. in about 12 hours, Im leaving to Myrtle Beach with my extended family. Ill probably be on the thread here and there, but much less than normal until I get back next sunday.
You better have a good time man, chillax and enjoy the beach.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Yo, to anyone who plays Melee that wants to come over to the apartment tonight...I'm going to be sitting on a tv all night long playing anyone and everyone that wants to play me, for hours and hours starting tonight until I fall asleep...With a few breaks for bathroom and food and such. If anyone wants good training, just come by the apartment and play w/me.

huMps

Smash Ace
hmmm. . . . I'll see what I can do.

If the RIT tourney is the 11th and cura's is on october 9th than I'm not gonna make either. WTF

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
If I go to the tournament on the 11th you can ride with me zhenkai. I hope you like audio books 0_o
Dude, please go, I'll split gas and everything and that'll save me like, 80-100 bucks. x.x Just estimating. Also dude, we need to get together for some smash practice before the tourney.

Edit: Also Flaw, if you like any kind of music, give me a list, I can burn a cd or two or toss it onto my PSP if ya wanna listen to stuff, cuz I'mma bring that down for myself. x3

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Ehehe, well with bein' 'round everyone I'll be quiet for a while, then when I'm more comfortable is when I'll start talkin' more. But for now, as Flaw said he might be goin', I'mma try and convince him to go so it'd be easier on both him and me, splittin' gas for him and savin' me a bunch. Also Sun! might be comin' too, he may try to take a personal day for it or somethin', he doesn't know yet. I'll keep ya'll updated with what I find out.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
Ehehe, well with bein' 'round everyone I'll be quiet for a while, then when I'm more comfortable is when I'll start talkin' more. But for now, as Flaw said he might be goin', I'mma try and convince him to go so it'd be easier on both him and me, splittin' gas for him and savin' me a bunch. Also Sun! might be comin' too, he may try to take a personal day for it or somethin', he doesn't know yet. I'll keep ya'll updated with what I find out.
we gunna play billions of friendlies dude. I've seen you post a whole bunch but i have no idea who you are/what you play/whatever.

also did anyone from Rochester go to MLG?

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
we gunna play billions of friendlies dude. I've seen you post a whole bunch but i have no idea who you are/what you play/whatever.

also did anyone from Rochester go to MLG?
Honestly, I play everyone, I just excel, if you can call it that, with Falcon, Samus, and somewhat Fox. I got some vids up on youtube and what not between matches with my one friend Jordan and only one set with Sun!, but they're all not at my best.

Edit: Also, why I'm hopin' to try and head down Friday or so, stay Friday night and maybe Saturday if allowed, and just play nothin' but friendlies the whole time outside of the tourney. And maybe, if I feel like it, I'll go into the Brawl tourney. That's a BIG if though.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
RIT tournament time is iffy because I'm not there to reserve out space yet, anywho. That's not til' monday, at the earliest, but probably tuesday.

But, what I'd aim for is a smidge after lunch. 2PM, perhaps? Start early enough that we're not rushed and can still wait for people, but late enough that it's not saturday morning. Is that alright? What else do people vote for?

Also regarding timing. I was thinking of doing the singles early in the day, then both sets of doubles later, possibly side-by-side, depending upon interest. I'll keep gauging interest for all tourneys until then. That said, I am gonna do the 11th; post if you're definitely coming, and which tournies you'd enter, and I'll decide timing by interest.

MCmaniacDBR

Smash Apprentice
I dont remember who said it a while back but i think a good idea would be to do brawl doubles alongside melee singles then melee doubles alongside brawl singles. itd probably make things go a lot quicker

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
I dont remember who said it a while back but i think a good idea would be to do brawl doubles alongside melee singles then melee doubles alongside brawl singles. itd probably make things go a lot quicker
If there are no players in both games, sure. It would be nice to hype finals since we're smaller scale. Stacking game1->2 works best because there's only one weird warmup period for players who play both. Or be a TO and do whatever you want :dizzy:

Foy

Smash Champion
Who wants to team with me for RIT tournament, either rob or someone equivalently good.

Manalord? Bring back Old school days of weed and women?

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Can't seem to find the thread for RIT smash tourney. Is there one up yet?

I would love to go, if TGS (read as TommyGreenShirt, not TheGreatSpife) would agree to give me a ride.

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for that reminder Foy, I'mma be goin' for Melee Singles/Doubles, Brawl is still undecided, but if Flaw or Sun! don't go I'm not gonna have a teammate for doubles or anythin'. Meh, still got time to figure that out..

Snowmanthatknows

Smash Journeyman
We might end up teaming. Lol.
Attention: I have the .ISO of Metroid Other M, I'll bring it to the apartment and setup in the bat-cave for anyone who wants to watch/play it tonight.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
If I'm going I'll probly team with jeff because I'm just down to kick it old school not too srs mode anymore =)

if not jeff then foy ma boi is in. jeff is famous for not entering stuff so idk yet and I haven't seen him in a while since his parents are moving from b-ville which sucks =(

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
I'll make a topic a bit later tonight, then.

-Just finishing packing first.

Spamus43

Smash Journeyman
Sheth, 2pm sounds great. I'd be in for melee singles. Possibly doubles, depending on if the desire strikes me that day.

Back in Geneseo tomorrow, so hopefully I'll get up to the apartment next weekend for some serious practice.

Top Bottom