• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash Opinions (BE CIVIL)

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I feel like Bandana Waddle Dee, as a Smash pick, isn't inherently terrible, but kinda just rendered irrelevant by two other picks: if you want a Wadde Dee from an inclusion perspective, just put in a generic Waddle Dee! More alt variety, more Kirby games to draw the moveset from, and would be a second mook as opposed to another sidekick (Not that sidekicks are bad ofc, I love the option to play a sidekick solo, but not as much as the option to play as a mook). And if from a functional standpoint you want a small spherical character who spins and pole vaults with a long, non-sword weapon then there's a way cooler character in the Nintendo library who could do exactly that and more.
I dont have anything against mooks!
But Waddle dee already canonically uses the parasol, spear ability and has megaton punch as an potential final smash!
That plus you can easily give BWD the beam ability not like canon stopped Lucas and ness!
And 3 abilitys + a minigame is already more than enough to make like 2 basic movesets and one complex one!
Speaking of alt variety whats stopping Waddle dee and waddle doo from becomming alts!

Aölso speaking of the cluclu protag its not often that i say it but that character is like one of the worst picks imaginable for smash!
I mean you are fine to wish for him (i mean i have wishes for my oc) But he only spins and moves straight forward! how the heck is he supposed to work in smash?

Laniv

Smash Champion
But he only spins and moves straight forward! how the heck is he supposed to work in smash?
I think the concept of "Character X can't be in Smash Bros because they can't/don't fight" urgently needs to be put to bed. We have two Animal Crossing characters, Ice Climbers, the Wii Fit Trainer, and the Duck Hunt Dog, "they can't fight" is an non-issue.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
There's tons of little stuff from those various LoZ games to be utilized; bomb arrows, magic powder, the medallions/Cane of Somaria from LttP, Magnetic Gloves from the Oracle titles, etc. Heck throw in the mounts like Dimitri, Moosh, or Ricky and you could really go nuts.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Aölso speaking of the cluclu protag its not often that i say it but that character is like one of the worst picks imaginable for smash!
I mean you are fine to wish for him (i mean i have wishes for my oc) But he only spins and moves straight forward! how the heck is he supposed to work in smash?
First of all, her name is Bubbles and she’s female. Second, I made a moveset for her based around not only her canon abilities, but sumo techniques as well.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Animal Crossing actually has a really cool well of characters to choose for Smash, and could provide way more than just endless Villager semi-clones (though Animal Villager with alts from all the species would be an awesome echo), hell some characters don't even need to be NASB1-esque hammerspace characters and provide a lot of interesting ideas from their profession or species alone. The seasonal characters (Jack, Franklin, Jingle, Zipper) strike me in particular as having fun moveset potential, but there's also Gulliver for a nautical moveset; Crazy Redd and his sly-fox con artist schtick; Nat or Flick and their nets; Dr. Shrunk and his comedy props; Blathers using his wings, bugs and art; hell, if you want to be real unexpected you could just take a random townsperson with a really appealing theme and build a whole moveset out of that.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The problem with a Villager Echo is the Animal Villagers only have proportions that fit for Isabelle. You could make one for her, though, and that would be pretty cool.

Also, yes, more Echoes, Clones, and Semi-Clones. They're very fun to play as and provide a different experience. Also, just fix some other Echoes with a few different moves(like the Custom moves).

UserKev

Smash Champion
Pokemon representation in Smash sort of.. sabotaged it's self? To be frank, you only really need gen 1 to rep all of Pokemon. I feel like Pokemon could have been stricter and brought over the unique focus after Mewtwo and quickly moved away from the poster child and made them hypothetical DLC that would have benefitted everybody. There are so many none Starter none legendary Pokemon that would have brought innovation, that would've otherwise been made iconic or more if they became Smash allegible as soon as possible. Yes, I wrote this because I REALLY want Aipom, which WAS one of Ash's ace Pokemon in the anime. I was so close to getting my most wanted Pokemon. !

Quillion

Smash Hero
Pokemon representation in Smash sort of.. sabotaged it's self? To be frank, you only really need gen 1 to rep all of Pokemon. I feel like Pokemon could have been stricter and brought over the unique focus after Mewtwo and quickly moved away from the poster child and made them hypothetical DLC that would have benefitted everybody. There are so many none Starter none legendary Pokemon that would have brought innovation, that would've otherwise been made iconic or more if they became Smash allegible as soon as possible. Yes, I wrote this because I REALLY want Aipom, which WAS one of Ash's ace Pokemon in the anime. I was so close to getting my most wanted Pokemon. !
I agree that Pokémon has suffered a lot from post-Melee's shift from "characters that would be fun, no questions asked" to "characters must be recognizable first and fun second" (despite what Sakurai said in the Terry video, his team's actions speak otherwise).

There's definitely a big divide between Smash 64 and Melee's selection of Pokémon that were picked because they would be fun to play and Brawl-and-on which are picked because they're iconic to begin with; the latter just limits itself to starters.

I know Lucario's an exception, but it was given a big push back then and to this day.

EDIT: I'll say it again: at least where Fire Emblem has made an effort to make its newer characters more unique and interesting, Pokémon is going in the opposite direction.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I agree that Pokémon has suffered a lot from post-Melee's shift from "characters that would be fun, no questions asked" to "characters must be recognizable first and fun second" (despite what Sakurai said in the Terry video, his team's actions speak otherwise).

There's definitely a big divide between Smash 64 and Melee's selection of Pokémon that were picked because they would be fun to play and Brawl-and-on which are picked because they're iconic to begin with; the latter just limits itself to starters.
Sorry, but I just don't think this is true. You're implying Pikachu and Mewtwo were picked because they are fun to play and Incineroar was picked because he's just that iconic? Jigglypuff exists, but in no small part due to her shared body type with Kirby and ease of animation. I feel like you're putting a bit too much weight on exclusively her because even though the other Pokemon are quite cool and fun, they were obviously chosen because they are indeed iconic first and foremost. And Pichu was a last minute clone added to promote the newest games in the series.

Lucario is admittedly not my favorite, but Pokemon Trainer? Squirtle and Ivysaur are incredibly fun and unique (Charizard is like okay I guess). But surely the motivation behind this character was driven by inspiration more than iconography. A three way swap character with a slippery little turtle and Smash's first ever dedicated quadruped / plant-based fighter. Lots of fresh ideas getting play here, the simple fact that people already know and like these characters isn't enough to discredit that this character concept is clever and fun. I wonder what you'd have thought about Plusle and Minun too? That would have been pretty spontaneous.

And then Greninja and Incineroar, who are also starters but were chosen before their popularity and legacy were established. Sakurai pretty much built Greninja from the ground up just because he looked cool. Incineroar was chosen because Sakurai wanted to have some fun putting together a wrestling moveset. This seems much more driven by that first philosophy ("characters that would be fun, no questions asked") than the second one, even if Greninja ended up becoming massively popular anyway. I wouldn't say Incineroar got to quite that level of popularity or significance, so that still ends up feeling like a more indulgent choice and quite frankly one that I really enjoy and I think adds a lot to the game.

The bottom line is I don't think anything has drastically changed about the way Pokemon are selected in Smash and they still seem to prioritize what they can bring to the table that is unique or fun. That isn't any less true just because they chose a starter and not a completely random 'mon from the same gen (as fun as many of them could also be).

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
Sorry, but I just don't think this is true. You're implying Pikachu and Mewtwo were picked because they are fun to play and Incineroar was picked because he's just that iconic? Jigglypuff exists, but in no small part due to her shared body type with Kirby and ease of animation. I feel like you're putting a bit too much weight on exclusively her because even though the other Pokemon are quite cool and fun, they were obviously chosen because they are indeed iconic first and foremost. And Pichu was a last minute clone added to promote the newest games in the series.

Lucario is admittedly not my favorite, but Pokemon Trainer? Squirtle and Ivysaur are incredibly fun and unique (Charizard is like okay I guess). But surely the motivation behind this character was driven by inspiration more than iconography. A three way swap character with a slippery little turtle and Smash's first ever dedicated quadruped / plant-based fighter. Lots of fresh ideas getting play here, the simple fact that people already know and like these characters isn't enough to discredit that this character concept is clever and fun. I wonder what you'd have thought about Plusle and Minun too? That would have been pretty spontaneous.

And then Greninja and Incineroar, who are also starters but were chosen before their popularity and legacy were established. Sakurai pretty much built Greninja from the ground up just because he looked cool. Incineroar was chosen because Sakurai wanted to have some fun putting together a wrestling moveset. This seems much more driven by that first philosophy ("characters that would be fun, no questions asked") than the second one, even if Greninja ended up becoming massively popular anyway. I wouldn't say Incineroar got to quite that level of popularity or significance, so that still ends up feeling like a more indulgent choice and quite frankly one that I really enjoy and I think adds a lot to the game.

The bottom line is I don't think anything has drastically changed about the way Pokemon are selected in Smash and they still seem to prioritize what they can bring to the table that is unique or fun. That isn't any less true just because they chose a starter and not a completely random 'mon from the same gen (as fun as many of them could also be).
Touché. I guess part of the problem is that the Pokémon franchise itself doesn't really market anyone apart from the starters or cover legendaries this way, which I think is a legitimate problem of its own. To be fair, Smash hasn't represented the latter group yet as fighters (closest is Mewtwo, and it's not a cover legendary at all).

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Touché. I guess part of the problem is that the Pokémon franchise itself doesn't really market anyone apart from the starters or cover legendaries this way, which I think is a legitimate problem of its own. To be fair, Smash hasn't represented the latter group yet as fighters (closest is Mewtwo, and it's not a cover legendary at all).
I can agree with that. I remember prior to Smash 4 when Zoroark was a hot topic, I feel like we haven't quite had another Pokemon like caught everyone's attention like that since. I know Toxtricity got some buzz during Ultimate DLC, and I LOVE that idea honestly but it was never really big enough and that ship has sailed by now. Although Zoroark might have another shot if Gen 5 remakes are on the horizon (lol).

I've heard people talking Ogerpon lately, they seem to be well liked. Not sure how they'd feel about promoting someone regulated to DLC, but it will have been out for some time once Smash releases. I wonder if an issue with cover legendaries is that many of them are kind of just huge or maybe feel like would lose something being placed on equal footing as a playable fighter? Koraidon and Miraidon are the first in some time that feel like they could lend themselves decently to a playable role, and are relevant early on... but I also wonder how they would choose one or the other?

I think there's some potential in Meowscarada from Gen 9 as well, but I think we're at a point where maybe there are other equally viable options to consider so hope may not be lost to break the current starter trend. Although ayone can butt in and tell me I'm wrong or offer another option too, I honestly have not been paying that much attention to Pokemon in years.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I really don't get the need for a Showtime Peach, full Switch-era Link, or TOTK Ganondorf revamp when they could just have them as a seperate character. Sure, variant characters are lame in games where characters are cosmetic, but for games where characters are all unique it opens up a lot of fun possibilities, and Smash has generally only used it for clones when there's a lot of potential beyond that.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
I really don't get the need for a Showtime Peach, full Switch-era Link, or TOTK Ganondorf revamp when they could just have them as a seperate character. Sure, variant characters are lame in games where characters are cosmetic, but for games where characters are all unique it opens up a lot of fun possibilities, and Smash has generally only used it for clones when there's a lot of potential beyond that.
Showtime Peach especially is something I don't get - I'm fully expecting the game, regardless of quality, to have next-to-zero influence over Peach's skillset in the mainline series or other side games, like what happened with Super Princess Peach. From that angle, it doesn't make sense to make that the whole backbone of Peach's moveset.

(Wouldn't argue with costume references, though; Actual model swaps might be tricky if we're keeping the current Down Smash.)

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
  • It would be really neat and creative if Smash took a different approach to characters' aesthetic designs and gave every fighter their own Smash-original costumes, much like how Kingdom Hearts completely redesigned Cloud and Sephiroth for the context of its story.
  • On a similar note, while the Multiversus costume system wasn't as fleshed out as it should've been, I like it's concept better than Smash's. Color swaps have their place but it'd be neat if we had more Smash costumes that were completely new models based on alternate designs, though I understand why a roster of 80+ characters doesn't do that.
  • The customization system of Multiversus (and PSAS) with different taunts and entrance animations would be cool to see carried over into Smash, giving players more ways to personalize their copy just allows for greater interaction with the game and it's characters and is purely beneficial if not for microtransactions.
  • I wouldn't mind if Smash took a "Games as a Service" approach; It's a system that, if done well, could actually lend itself to benefitting a future Smash game, allowing as many character additions as possible, and leading to less cuts.
  • Echoes do not need to be reclassified and removing them has never served any purpose
  • Sakurai's comments about Snake's performance in the Ballot lead me to believe he is less likely to be cut in future games
  • Fortnite could easily become the next Minecraft when it comes to it's inclusion in Smash, and I would go as far to say it's already on that path
  • While I have no stake in Kingdom Hearts, it would not be the end of the world if Goofy and Donald or other Disney characters made cameos. I could go either way with it.
  • On the topic of "Fourth Party" content, it would be really cool if music from Crossover games such as Marvel vs. Capcom is included in some future Smash, or licensed songs from existing games such as Moon River from Bayonetta
  • Brawl still has the best music

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm actually really happy with how Pac-Man is portrayed in Smash. I've heard a lot of people suggest that we need more Pac-Man World content, and I would welcome it just fine, but I think it's most important that Pac-Man continues to be this vessel for Namco's arcade legacy - Galaga, Mappy, what have you. It makes him a lot more unique than portraying him as yet another platforming mascot, when that's just a blip on the radar of his greater influence. Honestly, it's more important me that we get nods to Pac-Man Vs or Championship Edition. This song is one of my most wanted additions to the soundtrack, just in general.

Since he's been here for two games now and is about as safe as a third party character can be, I think it's probably not so crazy to bring some of that World stuff in, but it should never be the MAIN thing. Also not an unpopular opinion, but bring back Pac-Maze for god sake. That's an instance of the location being nearly as iconic and synonymous as the character, something really important is missing without it.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Even as a PMW1 enjoyer, I will never understand people wanting a Pac-Man World moveset in Smash - it's the blandest of the bland when it comes to platforming movesets, with the only functionally unique mechanic from those games already being in his moveset as a side B (I guess unless you count the downwards pellet throw? but that's useless in the source material, even if it'd probably have more use in Smash) - not to mention that the PMW games are nowhere near as significant to either gaming or Pac-Man/Namco as the games Pac-Man's moveset represents. Everything I just said also applies to Wario Land.

Last edited:

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Even as a PMW1 enjoyer, I will never understand people wanting a Pac-Man World moveset in Smash - it's the blandest of the bland when it comes to platforming movesets, with the only functionally unique mechanic from those games already being in his moveset as a side B (I guess unless you count the downwards pellet throw? but that's useless in the source material, even if it'd probably have more use in Smash) - not to mention that the PMW games are nowhere near as significant to either gaming or Pac-Man/Namco as the games Pac-Man's moveset represents. Everything I just said also applies to Wario Land.
I kinda disagree with your last sentence, but I'm with you for everything else.

FazDude

Smash Master
I can think of very little PCW content I'd replace moves in Pac-Man's kit for; His current kit works so well that any change I could make would throw it off to such a degree that I might as well rework the character entirely, which I have no interest in doing with Pac. Maybe a subtle nod to the Rev Roll as a ledge attack and maybe a Butt Bounce down smash in the event that the Ghost Gang becomes playable, but other that that, I got nothing. Pac-Man, as usual, is perfection.

Clown Prix would go hard as a music track, though.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
As someone who grew up playing Pac-Man World 2, that game has so many bangers that would be a joy to hear in Smash.

Also, I think Athena Asamiya should be considered as one of the potential candidates for the next SNK fighter, if for no other reason than because the Psycho Soldier theme (speaking of bangers in Smash) was the first vocalized song in video game history.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
  • I just don't get Geno. Sorry. I think it's because I have no attachment to SMRPG but I just never really got why this one game character is so hotly disired by everyone. He has a cool Sega in but that's it
  • I do want Waluigi, but I really dislike fan movesets that play on memes or his status in smash. Would vastly prefer a sports based moveset
  • Would vastly prefer a regular Toad over Captain Toad (he can be an alt)
  • I want more non starter Pokemon from older gens
  • A Punch Out boss is a really over looked idea
  • Draganux over Ring Fit Adventurer any day
  • I do think Dr. Eggman would be extremely fun but I have a slight preference for Tails getting that second rep spot, might be the old melee roumor
  • DLC is way too gimmick heavy.
  • 2B is genuinely one of the most likey newcomers for the next smash. At least I think we get a Automata spirit event

Louie G.

Smash Hero
A lot of people seem to treat Ness as more expendable than Captain Falcon, while I see them on equal footing and similar irreplaceable importance to the series. So that's kind of like, a lukewarm take that I'd argue against someone making a bad reboot roster and deciding to cut the Mother series wholesale. I don't think most people would do that. But I'm gonna make a bolder claim than that - Mother is straight up just not irrelevant.

You see some drastic roster overhauls that will sometimes shoo away Ness or only keep him as some sort of compromise to his O12 status. While I don't think I need to convince anyone here that Ness will always be a part of Smash Bros, I genuinely believe Earthbound is more relevant today than it literally has ever been. You look at the current climate of indie RPGs, and its influence on several extremely popular and acclaimed games is impossible to miss. You look at the NSO lineup, and Earthbound's addition to the service was treated with an unprecedented amount of acclaim and attention, similarly to when it was added to Wii U Virtual Console way back when. Nintendo recognizes this game's cult status and I'd argue it is straight up THE Nintendo cult classic title. The Mother series is still getting OFFICIAL merch, they recently released a whole batch of them including a really great looking Porky and Mr. Saturn plushie pack. I only bring that last point up to remind myself to buy it.

I think I'm saying all this to make the more general point that "relevance" does not live and die off of how many releases a series is getting. Some people are eager to view Smash as this sort of revolving door for Nintendo to show off what's hot and current, to such a strange degree that implies this is what they want Smash to be. Let Nintendo make that decision if they want to, but I can't understand the logic of CHOOSING, as a fan, to do away with Nintendo's dormant or standalone legacy content when not even Nintendo themselves are treating those series with that amount of disposability. The fact that Mother / Earthbound has remained such a prominent part of Nintendo discussion for all these years, has extended further to influence modern classics, is still treated with such fanfare to simply rerelease it on Nintendo's classic game platform is a testament to how this game is still ringing loudly in everyone's minds.

It was never the most widespread and popular series, it will never get another sequel, but Earthbound will always be relevant. And we as a community need to better understand what that word means.

Last edited:

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
A lot of people seem to treat Ness as more expendable than Captain Falcon, while I see them on equal footing and similar irreplaceable importance to the series. So that's kind of like, a lukewarm take that I'd argue against someone making a bad reboot roster and deciding to cut the Mother series wholesale. I don't think most people would do that. But I'm gonna make a bolder claim than that - Mother is straight up just not irrelevant.

You see some drastic roster overhauls that will sometimes shoo away Ness or only keep him as some sort of compromise to his O12 status. While I don't think I need to convince anyone here that Ness will always be a part of Smash Bros, I genuinely believe Earthbound is more relevant today than it literally has ever been. You look at the current climate of indie RPGs, and its influence on several extremely popular and acclaimed games is impossible to miss. You look at the NSO lineup, and Earthbound's addition to the service was treated with an unprecedented amount of acclaim and attention, similarly to when it was added to Wii U Virtual Console way back when. Nintendo recognizes this game's cult status and I'd argue it is straight up THE Nintendo cult classic title. The Mother series is still getting OFFICIAL merch, they recently released a whole batch of them including a really great looking Porky and Mr. Saturn plushie pack. I only bring that last point up to remind myself to buy it.

I think I'm saying all this to make the more general point that "relevance" does not live and die off of how many releases a series is getting. Some people are eager to view Smash as this sort of revolving door for Nintendo to show off what's hot and current, to such a strange degree that implies this is what they want Smash to be. Let Nintendo make that decision if they want to, but I can't understand the logic of CHOOSING, as a fan, to do away with Nintendo's dormant or standalone legacy content when not even Nintendo themselves are treating those series with that amount of disposability. The fact that Mother / Earthbound has remained such a prominent part of Nintendo discussion for all these years, has extended further to influence modern classics, is still treated with such fanfare to simply rerelease it on Nintendo's classic game platform is a testament to how this game is still ringing loudly in everyone's minds.

It was never the most widespread and popular series, it will never get another sequel, but Earthbound will always be relevant. And we as a community need to better understand what that word means.
I think the big reasons why people see Ness as more expendable come down to two things:

1) Some fans just prefer Captain Falcon. Some just say ‘he fits in Smash better’ or ‘it’s a sin to cut Falcon’.
2) F-Zero 99. It’s a point I can understand more. A recent release of a new game indicates that Nintendo is invested in the series, even if it’s not to the degree some people want.

Mother’s last game was in 2006, and it was exclusive to Japan. F-Zero’s last game was in 2003-2004, before 99 released.

Despite that, I see either both staying or both being cut. I’m not a fan of when people put these two on a pedestal (such as the ‘original 12’), yet are more harsh towards more modern franchises such as Pikmin, Xenoblade, or Splatoon, and even series that only gained more success recently, such as Fire Emblem or Animal Crossing.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I think the big reasons why people see Ness as more expendable come down to two things:

2) F-Zero 99. It’s a point I can understand more. A recent release of a new game indicates that Nintendo is invested in the series, even if it’s not to the degree some people want.

Mother’s last game was in 2006, and it was exclusive to Japan. F-Zero’s last game was in 2003-2004, before 99 released.
Right, this was my main point. That the date of release isn't the only thing that matters, and isn't the be all end all of why a character is "relevant" or not. There are other reasons that Earthbound sustains relevance that don't involve frequent sequels, but instead a healthy pattern of heavily publicized rereleases and a heightened visibility through many games taking its influence. In this way, Earthbound is "relevant". It may not be "current", but it is relevant and significant even today. Mother 3 released in 2006, but Earthbound just released on NSO last year with a flashy showcase trailer. They still consider it something to celebrate and promote, more heavily than many other games that have seen release on the platform.

I think Captain Falcon and Ness belong on a pedestal, but so do Olimar, Shulk and Inkling. And Ike, and Isabelle. So when I say that I'm not neglecting any of the more contemporary additions, but I also do this it's important to maintain Smash's unique identity. Removing Falcon and Ness, as everyone already knows, doesn't really accomplish anything meaningful. It's reductive toward two of the most popular and prestigious "homegrown" characters in the series, and diminishes Smash's own unique voice in favor of Nintendo's most optimal series to promote at a given time. I just think people need to do a better job of seeing the value in both of these things, and recognizing they are equally meaningful to Smash's identity. Because I'm in agreement that the community has a problem giving many of those series you mentioned their proper due and respect, but I think that's its own issue.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The way Zero Suit Samus was handled in Brawl was actually really cool, being a fun take on a stance fighter archetype without messing with Samus' competitive moveset - if they had just made ZSS selectable on the CSS and gave her a proper final smash that also transitions to armoured Samus, there'd be no reason to complain, would love to see something like this done again.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

I heard so many people misuse the word "irrelevant" during Ultimate spec that my right eye involuntarily twitches when I hear that word. Truth is, it was only ever a buzzword people used to gatekeep their ideal vision of Smash and dismiss characters they don't like - not like anyone who used it to refer to Pyra and Mythra will tell you that.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
The way Zero Suit Samus was handled in Brawl was actually really cool, being a fun take on a stance fighter archetype without messing with Samus' competitive moveset - if they had just made ZSS selectable on the CSS and gave her a proper final smash that also transitions to armoured Samus, there'd be no reason to complain, would love to see something like this done again.
You could actually "select" her on the CSS by selecting Samus and holding a certain button (depending on the controller) until the match starts.

Last edited:

Colololin

Smash Cadet
I’m fine with buying Ultimate on Switch 2 as well. I’ll probably have to buy the fighter passes again because third parties will not let them bundle the characters for a Deluxe but at least Ultimate Switch won’t be left behind and they’ll have the same roster

FazDude

Smash Master
As far as Earthbound and the Mother series as a whole, I feel Mr. Saturn could've been a solid rep. I would love a mech fighter Mr. Saturn over Porky. Lots of whacky things you could've done with its phase distortion thingamajig technology.
In a similar vein, I think I want New Age Retro Hippie as a fighter over any other Mother character. Make him a summoner who gets help from other basic Mother enemies while being a goofball that captures the spirit of the zanier side of the series.

Top Bottom