• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial ROM2 Results thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spife

Smash Master
lol what r u talking about? he plays falco or fox in every teams match ever...

and basically anything would be a counterpick to link...
lul
I can back this up, as Link's good stages are also his bad stages :bee:
except maybe rainbow cruise...but we're not all skler.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
lol what r u talking about? he plays falco or fox in every teams match ever...

and basically anything would be a counterpick to link...
Considering I had falcon selected, and he switched from Fox to Falco AFTER I picked falcon. Which is an obvious counterpick because it's an easier matchup for Falco.

But yeah, I didn't want to take his money when he offered the MM but I will definately show you guys @ Pound 4 how Link does really well vs Falco.

Look for me and put up some $

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
lul
I can back this up, as Link's good stages are also his bad stages :bee:
except maybe rainbow cruise...but we're not all skler.
Double post...

Link has no real bad stages, only bad matchups. He is an average character that get's comboed way too easy, but can in turn combo almost every character in the game. Usually he loses the priority war though.

Skler isn't the only person familiar with how to use Link well. Get at myself & Mango & germ & teh_spamerer & vanz.

He's just the only person who insists on maining him. More power to him. I would too if his run speed didn't suck.

Spife

Smash Master
Double post...

Link has no real bad stages, only bad matchups. He is an average character that get's comboed way too easy, but can in turn combo almost every character in the game. Usually he loses the priority war though.

Skler isn't the only person familiar with how to use Link well. Get at myself & Mango & germ & teh_spamerer & vanz.

He's just the only person who insists on maining him. More power to him. I would too if his run speed didn't suck.

mm? your link or falcon vs my link

th0rn

Smash Lord
Considering I had falcon selected, and he switched from Fox to Falco AFTER I picked falcon. Which is an obvious counterpick because it's an easier matchup for Falco.

But yeah, I didn't want to take his money when he offered the MM but I will definately show you guys @ Pound 4 how Link does really well vs Falco.

Look for me and put up some $

I'll put up as much money as you want =p

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
good dammit ultima who was recording on that corner.

also that statement + your sig indicates that you should apologize to jfox.

Spife

Smash Master
Lol, in a heartbeat. I'd also MM my Link vs your Falcon.

I warn you though. I have more experience in all of the above listed matchups than you.
I don't have a falcon. All I got is a bard and a ****** son, and I warn YOU, the bard's traveled and seen more **** then homer and dante combined.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It's fine.. Just guys, don't tell me I'm the best in the world and all that crap, please. I know it seems I'm changing people's truthes and a lot of people are definitely hyped up. But, there's gonna be more tournaments and more challenges ahead. I just want to play and compete to the max because I love it. Well, pretty much I still can't believe out of all people that I did that... Maybe it's just too much pressure to handle right now. When I play I don't expect anything, I just play and accept whatever happens and I react to what I see.

I don't know how I'll do at Pound 4, I don't really care honestly, I guess I want to fight lots of people and have fun during the whole tournament and whatever happens, happens. Though when i fight, of course I want to win. =P

Well just felt like ranting I guess.. if Mango wants to return to his Beast Self if it exists then so be it. If not, then what? Well.. lots of changes will be made!!

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
kage your mad cool and you have a real nice personality

keep that, even if you become the best in the world lol

your gonna **** at pound 4

th0rn

Smash Lord
However much you have to lose before you realize you should apologize for being gay.
I honestly don't remember you LOL

o wait... Did we do the double blind?

I sat down, chose fox... then you switched from link to falcon... so then i switched to falco?

then we did a double blind? and i chose my main to play it safe? That's not really gay. plus your teammate wouldn't even pick a character until we did....

ya **** hypocrites.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
Lol, you're talking about the same guy who got his *** whupped by a Pikachu as one of the best Foxes out there? How ********, and Jman couldn't beat me. I'll prove that at Pound 4 when I humiliate him.

Don't john for Jman you were hungover and you still ***** him. The kid needs to step it up.

umm who r u no1 ever heard of u but on youtube and smashboards

and if i suck so much MM 100$ BEST OF 5

GOD!

Smash Ace
with all these MMs, VBMs gonna need to take out a loan before Pound 4.

Oh wait he's banned now..

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
ok, i'm about to go to bed. which means uploads overnight.

last of the doubles sets i have and beginning of singles that i have are going up.

Clint_Eastwood

Smash Apprentice
It just adds to our culture if anything. It's like how in Starcraft, a pro will type in GG and quit out (without even waiting for the other player's GG) 99% of the time instead of wait for the other person to find / destroy all the buildings. I think it shows class that the loser can acknowledge the loss and willingly quit out (as opposed to quitting out of rage) but that might just be me!

I'm sorry I missed this tournament! ROM 1 was a turning point in my Smash Career, I hope this was the same for a lot of others. I had fun watching the stream =)
Starcraft pros type in GG to be polite and acknowledge that they've lost. And most of the Koreans DO wait for their opponent to type in GG as well, I don't know where you got the idea they don't. I personally don't think quitting a match speeds the set up, you gain maybe what, five seconds at most? But yeah, what Hbox said about keeping momentum is true. Seeing the "Winner" title appear above a character's head that is not your own can get discouraging

On topic: I am really anxious for those Kage vs Mango videos. I don't want to be a **** because I know that a lot of people are demanding them, but I REALLY want to watch those games. All the games I watched on the stream were great though, except when the lag took over.

And thanks Prog for the quick uploads!! Hax/Linguini versus Mango/Lucky was freaking awesome!

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I'd gladly hug that fruit first chance I got.
<3 mango.

Can I still say no homo or did I go to far? lol

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Mango, if you think something was wrong with you, that's fine. But you can look at this way, if you didn't lose to me, I think you would of probably won the tournament regardless and nothing would of changed for you. Losing might actually be beneficial for you in the end because it will remind you of what you need to do from now on. You said the Beast was unleashed, i want to see it. I can also say that something was wrong with me against PP since I think I was messing up a lot of technical and got punished for it or I was feeling too much pressure after our match and got nervous. But you know that's just wrong, i would much rather say that he was on fire or had more fire than me or just simply played better than me. Whatever influence you bring inside a tournament match is obviously each it's own problem and their own reasons for doing it. I can admit you will probably kick my *** next time we fight or if Im even able to reach you once more since the probability i'll lose to a player equal skilled than me is most likely 60/40 for them since I use Ganon and I'm most likely fighting a better character for top spots. That's the reality. I want to get Top 10 at Pound 4 and prove again I'm definitely someone to watch out for.. but it may or may not be like that, I don't know I don't control that. The only thing I can control is if I'm happy doing what I do right now or not. And so far, it's working wonders.

Don't think you diminished or people think lesser of you or something like that. I don't think at all it's like that.

Im pretty sure you've had lots of fun at RoM 2 and everybody is ****. =P

I'll maybe add some more, if you respond. =P

Edit: I need to say what's on my mind right now because I don't want to cause any drama in between players. I think it's better this way.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
*****ing DIES*
***** that ain't no drug. It's just a plant.

And if it HAPPENS to catch fire, there may be some effects...
Wrd I.B Katt Williams explains it best
To be 95% honest, that quote is 95% of the reason I broke a lifetime of being straightedge on January 4th of this year.

The other 5% was because I stayed at Tope's place for 3 days lmfaaaaooooo.

[and the other 5% of honesty is that I just figured: **** it.]
prog definitely got locked out of his car at moe's southwest grill.

lesson of the day: qdoba, all day.
lollllllllllllllllllllll I love you Prog.

I hope you got some cheesecake before the night was through =D

I hope PBnJ got people to sign my ROM2 shirt after I left early ;__;

This tournament was amazing.

I was happy to lose my voice watching Doctor DlCK tear *****es apart...even if PC did look at me funny for screamin so crazily XD

HIT EM WITH THAT COOKOUT COMBO, SON!

Non-Southern niggz don't know about Cookout, son.

Shoutouts when there's a real thread >_>

OH and lastly:

WTF is taking everyone so long? Get with the program!

[.........................nvmd. I see that he's been banned >_>]

TheLake

Smash Master
Kage is the **** O_O

Jman is still the man <3

Ill do that mm if virus chickens out

zelda alll daiiii ^_^

ANTi_

Smash Hero
It's w/e MM my Falcon or Falco.

i'll kill a sheik

@Spife - i'll do it.