• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial ROM2 Results thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
speaking of which, toasty we need to take ours at pound since we didn't this time
shiiiit yeah

well....to be honest, like EVERYTHING I had planned kinda fell apart. Strange how a couple tiny setbacks can kinda ruin the mood :(

Also, sorry I didn't record ANYTHING.

Granted part of it was out of laziness but I had things come up right before the tourney with my business that made me realize that I would have NO time to upload matches whatsoever once I got back to GA.

SleepyK has let me know that he'll pick up my slack if I have videos to upload and don't have the time to put them up myself...so rest assured that Pound won't be a repeat of this ^_^

*anxious for real results thread*

unrelated: I can't believe how many amazing Ness dittos I had!!! I used to HAAATE that matchup. But then I started playing good Ness players roflllllllll [Hungrybox's Ness is NOT to be ****ed with...unless you're using any other character against it hahaha]

HAB - remember how I told you I'd do that matchup if you stopped calling them "Nittos"? Guess who got no Ness dittos....>_>

ALSO don't come up behind me during TOURNEY matches and be like "*scoff* double Pikachu? Really toasty??? [/rollingeyestone]" XD It didn't **** me up at all, but cmon man, back up yo boy! <3 Hope to see you at Pound, Chris.

황미영

Smash Champion
Hmm... Throw in some Nutella and you got yourself a deal! ;D

I bet on Mango! (If he was serious about it. D; )

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
nah he goes to tourneys

tell him to go to melee tourneys

and stop johning about mango and beat him

use ganon like kage or something

strawhats

Smash Master
Lol...**** Pb&j

and I dont think its ganon that beat mango it not knowing the matchup as well as Kage being a beast (that and mango needs to take **** sriously from now)

he said the beast is unleashed so lets see.

Besides, m2k needs to practice the jiggz matchup (jiggz dittos maybe)

If not my next best suggestions would either learn to use fox in that matchup or use marth.

OH yeah Happy Thanksgiving, guys.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Another thing I hope I did is unlock people's mind that Mango is beatable, he's human just like everyone.. not a god. =P

If mango can hold up at Pound 4 after that then, that's gonna be sick. But all it takes is one top player on fire and then things will get interesting.

PB&J

Smash Hero
i want to see hax vs vwins..my fav match of the tourny to tell u the truth..cant wait to see hax vs armada @ pound 4..

kage u did what i was trying to tell people ..mango is the best but no one is unbeatable..i just hate when people try there best vs everyone else and dont even try vs mango

m2k is the best example..but i actually enjoyed wathcing mango's fox during the tourny..i took some notes from it..he should use fox more..maybe against ganon..who knows

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Honestly, Dr. Peepee's the guy to watch out for.

People just don't know.

Just wait til he learns how to fight Jiggs and Marths better...

inb4lolmatchupjohns

If he can go from this (might wanna mute>_>)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4nWF5r5VI0

to actually beating Jman just 4 months later...who knows what the kid's capable of.

Kevin! Come to GA to play the best Sourthern Peach players ^_^.....(Read: Don't lose to Armada at Pound >_>)

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
yeah probably, but its a pretty even matchup overall. Hbox beat mango in every money match vs all of mangos chars except puff

Kage - not all of us main chars that have a hitbox that can trade with or just flat out beat jiggs bair every time. I can see ganon doing alright vs jiggs in the matchup cuz of his super hitboxes. Ganon is a power character, and Jiggs is a character who's biggest assets come from not being able to combo her largely. Ganon seems good vs Jiggs, but I still think Jiggs has it really easy vs a lot of other characters

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
*yawns* why not just play doc or play fox and camp its , in theory, not that hard to beat a puff if you play smart.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Darc told me he thinks Puff beats Ganon. And I think Hungrybox agrees because I vaguely remember him saying something similar on the boards.

The game Mango won against Kage with Puff was also a 3-stock, whereas the game Kage won was a 1-stock. Hungrybox 3-stocked him in brackets at some point too. Possibly twice, I don't remember if it was both games or not.

*shrug*

I just don't see what would make Ganon explicitly good against Puff. Hitboxes and KO power are nice but then he still gets **** punished and sucks when Puff is too close for him to effectively jump back Fair. I don't think the matchup's bad for him or anything, but it doesn't seem really awesome either.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
yeah probably, but its a pretty even matchup overall. Hbox beat mango in every money match vs all of mangos chars except puff

Kage - not all of us main chars that have a hitbox that can trade with or just flat out beat jiggs bair every time. I can see ganon doing alright vs jiggs in the matchup cuz of his super hitboxes. Ganon is a power character, and Jiggs is a character who's biggest assets come from not being able to combo her largely. Ganon seems good vs Jiggs, but I still think Jiggs has it really easy vs a lot of other characters
I honestly think people just need more experience. I wasn't ready at all vs Hbox's style of play and it felt really awkward to me so naturally i got crushed. I think it's a simple matter of playing a bit smarter. It's very possible to win with any top tier/high tier vs Jiggs.. you just gotta know when to attack and defend and DI properly or you are ****ed.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
This guy Kage's mindset is one of the best in the community. ***** never johns.

PB&J

Smash Hero
m2k- just play doc vs jiggs..your doc is sick..and ask dogysamich for advice he knows that match up better than anyone

ganon jiggs is even if u ask me dont use this person did this to this person where kage still beat mango and got ***** by hbox.. i watched soft rbeat chaddd's ganon countless times in tourny but chaddd figured it out and then beat him recently..people just need to play more jiggs and stop having the mindset of m2k..i dont even think she is top 4.

yes she can win tournies but aalot of characters can..this game is so deep just talking about it.

melee is the best ever

strawhats

Smash Master
wait HBOX beat mango's secondaries with jiggz. **** Juan really is legit. Looks like m2k has another pain in the *** besides mango (HBOX).

I still think m2k would do alot better if he stuck with marth. I guess thats just me hoping for him to be as good with marth as he was in Pound 3, MLG long Island, and SCC/FCD days.> basically i miss that sephiroth marth (god mode)

Clint_Eastwood

Smash Apprentice
Ya, it's just different playstyle.. the greatest player will adapt to everything. =P
"Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend." -Bruce Lee

I.B

Smash Lord
Yea that is epic. Press quote on his post, it should take you into advanced mode post. Then just copy paste into your sig from there.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
My dude Waffles is a beast.

Mad fun watching your Doc while commentating on the livestream.

By the way, I think one of your match streams got started late on the live stream, but not your computer.

I blame it completely on DJ.

strawhats

Smash Master
I dont know where my sig/is there like some sig button is someone help me(thnx I.B.)

"Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend." -Bruce Lee
Sigged... I think (where is the sig button). AHHH im so much epic fail right now..after almost a full yr. on the boards i dont know how to sig and where my sig is.

Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend." -Bruce Lee[/quote]

kupo15

Smash Hero
^^ nope lol

Firstly, your missing
at the beginning. Secondly, copy that, click on private message, find signature on the left side and paste.

Has Kage vs mango been uploaded yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom