• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Thank you! Its just a character I've had in my head for a while. As for overall progress, I don't have much left to sculpt. Just have to further refine the head, limbs and feet and I'll move onto texture displacement (adding scales and skin texture) and then finally painting!

Anyways what's going on here?
Youtuber Drama. One of the most cancerous types of drama out there.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I think MatPat gets a bad wrap. His theories can come off as dumb (and in some cases just be flat-out laughable) yes, but he's went on record saying they aren't meant to be taken as fact, just to provoke thought. The amount of hate he gets for simply sharing ideas is pretty saddening. Yes, I'm aware there are valid criticisms to be made against MatPat. I'm not talking about them, I'm talking about those that harass him over thinking his theories are dumb. While I don't really like his content myself, I think it doesn't deserve the amount of ridicule it tends to get. I also think MatPat as a person is a pretty genuine guy, from what I've seen of him.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I think MatPat gets a bad wrap. His theories can come off as dumb (and in some cases just be flat-out laughable) yes, but he's went on record saying they aren't meant to be taken as fact, just to provoke thought. The amount of hate he gets for simply sharing ideas is pretty saddening. Yes, I'm aware there are valid criticisms to be made against MatPat. I'm not talking about them, I'm talking about those that harass him over thinking his theories are dumb. While I don't really like his content myself, I think it doesn't deserve the amount of ridicule it tends to get. I also think MatPat as a person is a pretty genuine guy, from what I've seen of him.
I agree with this, honestly.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ok but you literally can't say they're meant for fun and meant to provoke thought and go "The haters!" when thought is indeed being provoked nor should he use his own videos as 'evidence' for his hypothesis

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
As of right now Melmetal is the last Pokemon in the Pokedex, thus this will be the last time I can make a "this is page Pokemon" post.
But that's gonna change, very soon.
Nah, it won't change. Unless the thread slows down, there will probably be more pages after this one than Pokemon in Gen 8.

Shroob

Sup?
Yo, love the avvy.

Game's a classic.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
You earned yourself an “AY MAN”

D

Deleted member

*ahem*
SO, Jojo's Bizzare Adventure ya'll. It's pretty a cool series.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Has he played Quest 64 yet? :p

Joking aside, what RPG's did he play through that he didn't like?
Xenoblade 2 and Octopath Travler were the only rpgs he did videos on that he didn't like from what I recall.

He also did a video on Final Fantasy 15, which he thought was fun though flawed.

D

Deleted member

Hey, if anyone here is playin' Splatoon today and are on Team Pancake, y'all are cool. This has been a really good Splatfest so far.

Roberk

Smash Champion
I need to come up with a good name for a character.

He's a half-demon kid, the result of an unholy one night stand, who uses his powers to **** with his everyone he knows.
Late but name him Julius:
  • He's the son of Arvis and Deidre, Arvis killed Sigurd the protagonist and brainwashed/stole his wife. Kinda like a one night stand.
  • Is possessed by Loptous, basically a super evil demon dragon.
  • Uses his powers to take over the continent, kill his mother, and attack his sister and half-brother.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Xenoblade 2 and Octopath Travler were the only rpgs he did videos on that he didn't like from what I recall.

He also did a video on Final Fantasy 15, which he thought was fun though flawed.
Huh, interesting. What other rpg's did he do, or was that it?

Octopath Traveler was the biggest offense.
I've never heard any bad things about it... or much in general.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
*ahem*
SO, Jojo's Bizzare Adventure ya'll. It's pretty a cool series.
I'm going into Part 5 through the anime, and trying to go in as blind as possible (I only really know some details about the villain thanks to a PS3 game). At this point, I'm assuming that most seemingly harmless objects that the group encounters are secretly enemy Stands.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Is the storm over? Can we talk about this now?
I don’t know what’s going on with MatPat, nor do I care. What is interesting is this:

I’m personally fine if it’s a different project she’s working on, but if you go to the tweet and look at the comments, you’ll be able to see that the more (let’s say) speculative fans are having none of it.

Honestly, this whole thing is hurting my brain.

Sorry Swamp, but when I have to try so goddamn hard in life just to achieve anything and this dude manages to get aggressively loyal fans and a **** ton of money just be saying stupid **** without needing to fact check or anything, I'm going to feel a tad bitter about him and every other low effort clickbait youtuber
He should run for president.
:troll:
Fox is my sworn enemy as a Sheik main, so you'll get no endorsement from me. :p
I thought their beef had been resolved long time ago thanks to Peach diplomatic skills :p

R O F L

Smash Ace
Hey, if anyone here is playin' Splatoon today and are on Team Pancake, y'all are cool. This has been a really good Splatfest so far.
I've been playing it a lot today. Except i'm team Waffle.

I don't get the appeal of Splatfests, I wish they would let me play my ranked modes >:C

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
well he did like Persona 5 but I think thats the only turn based rpg I heard he liked
Yeah, this is paraphrasing a bit, but it was something to the effect of...
"I hate JRPGS. I hate turn-based combat. I hate anime. So when I tell you that Persona 5, a turn-based anime JRPG is actually a pretty good game, that's saying something."

It was in his video about video game critics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom