• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Hey, if anyone here is playin' Splatoon today and are on Team Pancake, y'all are cool. This has been a really good Splatfest so far.
I'm team waffle lol.

I'm probably late, but on the topic of MatPat I did think his DHMIS theories were good, as there was quite a lot evidence supporting it.

Pakky

Smash Hero

PPPPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

SEE WHAT HAPPENS?????????????????????????????????????????????
FIX THIS WITH DEDICATED SERVERS AND GIVE ME GAMECUBE!

Its been a decade, goddammit. And the phone thing, jesus...

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994

At least Nintendo is apparently not totally deaf to the problems...
But will they actually improve it meaningfully is the question.

D

Deleted member

Huh. Surprised nobody is up at arms about Dunkey's review of Kingdom Hearts 3.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
They literally made Sanji do no damage the female characters in Jump Force
That was also the case in One Piece Burning Blood, and the One Piece characters in Jump Force seem to be heavily based on that game.

At least it shouldn't be a huge issue in Jump Force, since there are only three playable women in that entire game (Hancock, Rukia, and Kaguya). That's pretty bad for a game in 2019, but at least it's not as much of an issue as it would be in Burning Blood.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime

Dedicated servers aren't going to solve Smash's problems. If anything, it'd make things worse. Splatoon might benefit from it, but since Smash is 1v1, it'd just introduce another complication in the system that would probably cause even more latency. Smash's main issue is just the netcode. Games like Killer Instinct have had amazing 1v1, P2P netcode since 2013. The Switch's poor Wi-Fi radio is also another problem, as it's one of the corners that Nintendo cut to keep the price at $299. It's sufficient for most basic things, but not for Smash.

GameCube emulation, though, is something we desperately need. The decision to abandon the Virtual Console at the time when it would be more popular than ever is just baffling. Especially since they already did a lot of the work on Wii U and 3DS, so tweaking things for Switch shouldn't have been much of an issue.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well, I love KH and I love KH3, but that game has some serious flaws I hope they fix in DLC or the Final Mix version.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
He doesn't like anime or RPGs, and Kingdom Hearts has a lot of overlap with both. It's like getting angry about Yahtzee from Zero Punctuation bashing Nintendo games, especially Smash Bros. - you should be well aware of what he's going to think of the game.

Admittedly, he was particularly brutal in his review, but I'm sure the levels would be pretty confusing if you hadn't seen the Disney movies that they were based on, and the overall story would be nonsensical if you missed any of the spin-offs. (including, what I've read, a Japan-exclusive mobile game that's apparently critical for understanding the plot)

D

Deleted member

That was also the case in One Piece Burning Blood, and the One Piece characters in Jump Force seem to be heavily based on that game.

At least it shouldn't be a huge issue in Jump Force, since there are only three playable women in that entire game (Hancock, Rukia, and Kaguya). That's pretty bad for a game in 2019, but at least it's not as much of an issue as it would be in Burning Blood.
Trying to play Sanji in any OP game is pain because he always has this gimmick.

I mean, in all fairness it is staying canon, but surely there's a better way of doing it.

Pakky

Smash Hero

EDIT: My bad I see your point lol

I mean, in all fairness it is staying canon, but surely there's a better way of doing it.
That's why A LOT of anime Fighters are a bit booty butt cheeks, because its more about fan nods then making a real product

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Like dealing half-damage would've been better.

A similar example is Johnny Cage's nut punch. It didn't work on women in some games. Instead, it could have less damage to women in return. But even then, just having a different reaction is enough, but still stun them equally. Though unlike Sanji, this feels a bit better handled because it made some damn sense. Being canon is cool and all, but not when it completely compromises gameplay. Take it from Sakurai, who is willing to bend canon for the sake of balance.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
I'm trying to write a mischievous character that keeps appearing during multiple instances of the story to prank both the good and bad guys, while also taking his own plan into action. Think of it as a neutral character that acts as an antagonist to both parties. He'll play a big role in the game that's related to the concept I mentioned earlier. So I felt like asking:

Do you like prankster/mischievous characters?
If yes, what do you like in them?
If no, what do you dislike in them?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
He doesn't like anime or RPGs, and Kingdom Hearts has a lot of overlap with both. It's like getting angry about Yahtzee from Zero Punctuation bashing Nintendo games, especially Smash Bros. - you should be well aware of what he's going to think of the game.

Admittedly, he was particularly brutal in his review, but I'm sure the levels would be pretty confusing if you hadn't seen the Disney movies that they were based on, and the overall story would be nonsensical if you missed any of the spin-offs. (including, what I've read, a Japan-exclusive mobile game that's apparently critical for understanding the plot)

Nah, it used to be JP only, but I think they made it come out on mobile phones internationally. Plus, I believe some of the more important events in that game were released as a movie in 2.5 or 2.8 game.

LetterO

Smash Lord
I mean its pretty awful in my eyes as each series in the game has a good handful of girls that would work in a fighter.

Naruto- A Lot

One Piece- A LOT

MHA- TOO MANY

Yu-Gi-OH!- WHEW LAWD

BLEACH- Over 9000

Jojo- Yeah a lot.
Jojo doesn't have many main females that'd take priority in an anime crossover besides Jolyne.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm trying to write a mischievous character that keeps appearing during multiple instances of the story to prank both the good and bad guys, while also taking his own plan into action. Think of it as a neutral character that acts as an antagonist to both parties. He'll play a big role in the game that's related to the concept I mentioned earlier. So I felt like asking:

Discord from MLP.

He's the best pony, and you should research him.

Also Q from Star trek

Pakky

Smash Hero
Jojo doesn't have many main females that'd take priority in an anime crossover besides Jolyne.
True, but there are a lot of side characters.

For example, Hancock has had top billing in two cross over games and she is no where near a main character

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

1. Yes!
2. A fun personality
3. Them being straight up annoying.

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace

Yes, meanwhile their kinda hilarius but don't get it too far at the point that they ain't even hilarius anymore....

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Getting back to Splatoon for the splatfest (go waffles) and I am rusty af

Hope all of you main respectable weapons

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Trying to rip my Wii U Zelda games to a flash drive so I can emulate them with CEMU on my desktop.

Uninstalling Smash Wii U from the system to make room for Breath of the Wild once again, but Smash Wii U may never be downloaded another time. Should that be the case, goodnight, sweet prince. You may be mostly obsolete now, but you were a necessary stepping stone to give us Ultimate.

Shroob

Sup?
Let's get one thing straight:

Considering Jump games only like to focus on OG Yugioh, you have....3 choices for a 'female' character:

Tea, Mai and Ishtar.

They all suck.

And Dark Magician Girl's always going to be part of Yugi's moveset.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord

Considering Jump games only like to focus on OG Yugioh, you have....3 choices for a 'female' character:

Tea, Mai and Ishtar.

They all suck.

The only female duelists in Yu-Gi-Oh that don't suck are Yubel and Akiza. Neither is from the OG series.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Tea, Mai and Ishtar.

They all suck.

Did you forget Rebecca Hawkings? She isn't a huge part of the character set like the others are, admittedly, but she has unique options for monsters too. Millennium Shield and Cannon Soldier, plus could use things like Sanwitch. She sounds more like a defensive style over Yami Yugi. I never played the Jump games. Is Yugi's style more attack-focused?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom