• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Did you forget Rebecca Hawkings? She isn't a huge part of the character set like the others are, admittedly, but she has unique options for monsters too. Millennium Shield and Cannon Soldier, plus could use things like Sanwitch. She sounds more like a defensive style over Yami Yugi. I never played the Jump games. Is Yugi's style more attack-focused?
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't she appear for like, 4 chapters and never show up again in the Manga? Like, she has a bigger roll in the anime, but I don't really remember her at all in the manga.

Granted, that could just be due to how forgettable she is.:drshrug:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Ok final update today.
Screenshot (303).png
Screenshot (304).png
Screenshot (305).png
Texture displacement begins next. I'm goddamn tired.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't she appear for like, 4 chapters and never show up again in the Manga? Like, she has a bigger roll in the anime, but I don't really remember her at all in the manga.

Granted, that could just be due to how forgettable she is.:drshrug:
I don't know the Manga well enough. But good point. I wish she appeared more. It doesn't help the Waking The Dragons arc is anime-only...

Though my bigger point was potential. But yeah, the other 3 females are vastly more important. I'd say Mai could be the best option, despite having a lesser story role overall(and being a loser when it comes to onscreen wins. Though to be fair, she's a very competent duelist regardless).

My other question does stand; how does Yami Yugi play?

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Did you forget Rebecca Hawkings? She isn't a huge part of the character set like the others are, admittedly, but she has unique options for monsters too. Millennium Shield and Cannon Soldier, plus could use things like Sanwitch. She sounds more like a defensive style over Yami Yugi. I never played the Jump games. Is Yugi's style more attack-focused?
From what I can tell, Rebecca Hawkins is only in the Anime (and games), so she wouldn't appear in the Jump games since they are more for the Manga iterations then the Anime ones.

D

Deleted member

Getting back to Splatoon for the splatfest (go waffles) and I am rusty af

Hope all of you main respectable weapons
Custom Dualie Squelcher main here.

I also use Rollers and Splatershots.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
It's nice knowing your birthday is so close to mine. Sadly I was too busy with other things to come around here and lurk that day!
Glad I came just in time to get a slice of that delicious Yoshi cake though~ View attachment 191262
Oh, don't worry, you'll get your own cake...

Elegant, isn't it:yoshi:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So... since some of us are on the topic pf anime fighters, what do you guys think of Jump Force's final roster. I see a bit are calling it a disappointment, so I want to hear your opinions.

Now, truthfully, I'm not really into anime, but I do like MHA a lot, so I was kinda disappointed that Deku was the only rep for that series, but obviously this game isn't tailored for me since I don't watch that much anime.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
So... since some of us are on the topic pf anime fighters, what do you guys think of Jump Force's final roster. I see a bit are calling it a disappointment, so I want to hear your opinions.

Now, truthfully, I'm not really into anime, but I do like MHA a lot, so I was kinda disappointed that Deku was the only rep for that series, but obviously this game isn't tailored for me since I don't watch that much anime.
They could've used a gag character like Bobobo or Gintoki. And considering the influence of Kinnikuman, they could've added Kinniku

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
From what I can tell, Rebecca Hawkins is only in the Anime (and games), so she wouldn't appear in the Jump games since they are more for the Manga iterations then the Anime ones.
I think Shroob said she just barely is in the manga. In which case, I agree she's not really a good choice to promote among the female cast. No real presence. But to be fair, a lot of characters like that still have lots of neat cards that'd make for a fun moveset. I'm not sure who I'd like more, though; Mai, Tea, or Ishizu. They all have very unique styles of play.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
man i keep trying to go back to ryu but there's just something about this ****ing plant

D

Deleted member

Oh yes, share your cursed images, all of you!
Here, we welcome horrific Steves and hairless Hercules!
Come all, and unleash your horrors!

DevaAshera

Smash Champion

I never cared much about it since none of my favorite characters were ever going to appear in it since they are primarily female characters and female characters almost never make it into these things since most of the important female characters in Shonen Jump manga are not well suited for combat or have male characters more 'important' then them that would get chosen first..for example, in My Hero Academia, they would choose Deku, All-Might, Bakugo, Shigaraki, All for One, and then the first female character would be chosen after all of them, being Ochaco, who is debatably not that suited for combat (at least not in a game since her powers are very situational) for all the series I'm interested in that appear in Jump Force, my favorite characters (Kale, Tsuyu, Nel, Hinata, Jolene Kujo, and Nico Robin) were all fairly unlikely to appear before more popular characters. I at least have Rukia and Boa Hancock whom I like, and I still like many characters like Vegeta, Trunks, Jotaro, and Deku..and some male characters I like like Joseph Joestar (young) didn't get in either.

D

Deleted member

I believe banjo Might have a chance given the mii swordfighter and duck hunt glitch

Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku please don’t hound me down this is my opinion

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Mini Quickplay rant incoming:
Don't you just love it when you consistently get people that are at 3.4-3.6 million GSP in Quickplay, when you're like 400K-1.2 million below that?
Like seriously I got so many people that we're that close to Elite, my :ultridley: GSP dropped by almost 1 million after 3 losses.
And the amount of people using :ultganondorf: at that level, my ****ing god. I got so fed up w/ it that went on a 3.5 million GSP :ultganondorf: killing spree.
So yeah I'm back to 3 million GSP w/ :ultridley: now. But that entire ordeal was not fun. At least I know how to deal w/ :ultganondorf: now.

Also Happy Birthday Zinith Zinith !
(I meant to tell you earlier today, sorry for the delay).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom