• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
Saaaaaaame. Or at least a reference.

Not that I don't get the dislike for the show/comic, but it's no lie that some wanted to see Simon in because of Captain N nostalgia(I doubt it'd be the only reason for anyone, but who knows). I wanted Simon in for that and because Castlevania is cool.
That gives me an idea.
Captain N Outfit for Mii Fighters!!!!!!!

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
"wait... you went alone to the e3 press conference?"

dab.png

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
She's a popular voice actress. By doing this, she's telling her many fans that there's a big game coming up with her voice being involved. As I already said, the tweet will make people pay attention. It's good publicity for her AND whatever she's working on as everyone's keeping their eyes peeled. She HAS to be vague here, because by outright saying it, she'd be breaking NDA and what happens when you break NDA? You lose trust of people who want voice actors and your career goes to ****. It's the most basic **** out there, it's not her responsibility, let alone ANYONE'S responsibility, to make it clear it's not Smash just because Nintendo doesn't want to tell people what the Fighter Pass has from the get go
That doesn't really change my point though.

I'm not saying she has to clarify what she's talking about, I'm just saying that people are justified in their speculation because she said what she did. And that it shouldn't be surprising that people reacted the they did when something like that was said.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
#CaptainNForSmashUltimteDLC
In a twist, despite being 100% owned by Nintendo(that is, the character, not the distributions right for the show itself, though they literally own the show too), Captain N has never had a single video game cameo as of yet. Well, maybe MUGEN if you want to push it, but that doesn't count. Kind of.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In a twist, despite being 100% owned by Nintendo(that is, the character, not the distributions right for the show itself, though they literally own the show too), Captain N has never had a single video game cameo as of yet. Well, maybe MUGEN if you want to push it, but that doesn't count. Kind of.
It would be a perfect time for him to have a cameo in Ultimate since the trio is in it lol
:ultpit::ultmegaman::ultsimon:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean, do they though? They originally made Captain Nintendo in an old in-house comic, but Captain N is a different character entirely (and had to be, due to broadcast laws at the time). Source for Nintendo actually owning the character?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Same way the Belmonts can. By mixing, matching and trading moves
The character from persona 3 can't use knives and guns. That's joker's weapons.
If it werent for that there might have worked. But it still just looks like a random fake leak like most of them.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Last edited:

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
To be perfectly honest, I actually like the design. I don't think it should've been Simon, though. But a new character.

I like alternate designs because of how they can be used. Many palette swaps/alternate artwork can become other characters via retcons. And that's sweet. :)
Preach! I also like this design a lot, Takeshi Obata is a great artist (I say that while having a Death Note avatar lol), they should've just made a different game with a different character using this design, and not that awful fighting game.
Also, reusing alternate designs can really work when done well. Just look at Morpho Knight in Kirby Star Allies, they reused the original Meta Knight concept art for his design.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
The character from persona 3 can't use knives and guns. That's joker's weapons.
Just like how Simon and Richter both respectively use moves that they don't.

Also, do any of us know what Joker's moveset is when gonna be Teeb? Nope. Let's wait until we see that moveset.
To bad it's fake.
And the concrete proof that it's fake is?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It would be a perfect time for him to have a cameo in Ultimate since the trio is in it lol
:ultpit::ultmegaman::ultsimon:
Samus too. She's in the Comics, when Simon and MegaMan are not.

Plus, Lana was inspired by Palutena's design, so... you got a good chunk. Besides some of the characters from other games showing up in roles.

I mean, do they though? They originally made Captain Nintendo in an old in-house comic, but Captain N is a different character entirely (and had to be, due to broadcast laws at the time). Source for Nintendo actually owning the character?
You'll have to give me a bit again. It's pretty much a case of where it was made and then immediately taken over by Nintendo from the original creator. That's how they basically own it, since they commandeered the rights due to owning the magazine it was based upon.

"The character Captain N first appeared in Nintendo Power magazine, created by a Nintendo staff member and magazine editor named Randy Studdard (who presented Nintendo with a formal proposal that included the character as a company spokes-character, the origin and premise, and the Saturday morning cartoon as part of the entire marketing campaign). The original concept involved Captain N (originally known as "Captain Nintendo") as a Nintendo employee and the Mother Brain as piece of programming from a Nintendo game pak (that was infused in an explosion with experimental "organic" ROMs) that went rogue. Captain N had the power to temporarily give life to characters and items from Nintendo games. The story left a door open for a sequel (Mother Brain is temporarily defeated but her return was said to be inevitable, and Captain N vows to stop her when the time comes). Nintendo of America, Inc. later decided to follow Studdard's ideas and create a cartoon series, opting neither to credit nor to compensate its creator. DIC Entertainment was shopped as the animation studio, and changed various aspects of the original idea while keeping the main premise of the Captain opposing Mother Brain as he interacted with a number of video game characters.[1]"

There's legitimately no other data on it, to be fair. Just that Nintendo pretty much created the character and took it with them due to it being made in-house, essentially. But yeah, that's fair. It seems like they do own him, just don't want to use him. Captain N was not popular at all, so why even mention him if you don't have to? It's kind of like the CD-i games to them, if you will, except not nearly as bad. I do agree it's hard to swallow due to a lack of information, though.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Just like how Simon and Richter both respectively use moves that they don't.

Also, do any of us know what Joker's moveset is when gonna be Teeb? Nope. Let's wait until we see that moveset.
Yes but there's a big difference between borrowing some moves and making a character have weapons they can't use in their game.
Anyway, if you have fun wondering about that one being true, then just enjoy the thought. It shouldn't be too long before we get some key info.. hopefully next week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom