• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Though Masked Man would be cool, Porkey would probably be the pick for a Mother/Earthbound villian, as he's been a major villian in Earthbound, and the main one in Mother 3, AS WELL as having a connection to all 3 villians across the series

D

Deleted member

I'm not even ****ing joking right now, people are really sleeping on Ms. Tracer Overwatch

I mean she's kinda like Joker in that nobody's really asking for her but if she gets in y'all know how much of a storm would be created, it would be hype as hell

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I mean I know the "possible unless proven false statement" can apply to any leak...

But come on... I can't even take this leak seriously.
Ah yes, I remember when people said the same thing about Verg's leaks, or even the box theory. Suit yourself whichever way.
He can, and has used it in some games, actually. :/
(slight change in the name, maybe)
Only Castlevania Judgement. Which is the clearly non-canonical Buff Light Yagami spin-off fighting game.
>None of these are Brave
Ignoring the whole vagueness of Brave, what have you got that actually solidifies such a claim? If "Brave" the codename even matters.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm not even ****ing joking right now, people are really sleeping on Ms. Tracer Overwatch

I mean she's kinda like Joker in that nobody's really asking for her but if she gets in y'all know how much of a storm would be created, it would be hype as hell
I'd love tracer. One problem i could see is the moveset. I know they can tweet the moves however they want and even add more melee attacks, but really she just shoots and phases.

D

Deleted member

http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/449988458/super-smash-bros-leak

Could be fake, but I'm rooting for this leak until it gets officially ousted as such.
Too 'random'; it's definitely fake. Just because we got Joker, doesn't mean that every character remaining is some 'Holy Sh*&, really?!' pick, but somehow everybody seems to have convinced themselves that's the case.

I bet there's only one more 3rd party pick (2 more max) and rest Nintendo. That's honestly why (despite me not liking it) I believe the leak that has the Square character, Banjo, Edelgard, and Sylux, is likely true. Because its not totally random, has another FE character that everyone would hate (but would make sense), the Square character that's about as secret as ken was at this point, Banjo (which we've been expecting), and Sylux to promote Metroid, it makes sense.

It gives us new characters while not being completely over the wall. joker made it in not just because his game was great, but because Sakurai himself absolutely loved the game and said himself that he was directly behind Joker's inclusion. The rest are going to be Nintendo picks (2 promotions in another FE and a new Metroid character, and a long requested character to celebrate Microsoft & Nintendo's newfound friendship)

D

Deleted member

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/ultimate_n_zone/who-really-owns-captain-n-t676.html But yeah, what I said earlier. DiC is allowed to distribute their episodes, but Nintendo owns its respective content.

Opossum Opossum and SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64

This is all I ever found on it overall. I'm... still taking it with a grain of salt, though. Namely, it would make a lot of sense to ask somebody we know to e-mail Nintendo to confirm it instead. It wasn't major public knowledge, clearly. I mean, with lack of anything else, it would make sense why Nintendo would own the character, being created in-house overall, but there is a good point if Captain N(not Captain Nintendo) is really owned by Nintendo or not. We only have something anybody could say to go on.

https://smashboards.com/threads/captain-n-the-game-master.334629/ ...Or as the thread said, a lot of people confirmed this? I guess? I'm pretty sure it's not a lie?

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion

I kept on suggesting a PC/Blizzard rep throughout Ultimate speculation and discussion rarely arose from it, people are legit sleeping on a character from one of the biggest companies in the gaming industry. Especially one from Overwatch, with its influence on the FPS genre/hero shooters. Plus, Overwatch isn't an intensive game and after seeing Diablo 3 on the Switch, I suspect Blizzard's willing to play nice and give Overwatch a port, further increasing Tracer's chance as a cross-promotion for Blizzard and Nintendo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean, if it IS Erdrick, that just confirms he's even more right. The only thing he'd have gotten wrong is Minecraft and, still 3 characters left.
Didn't he say that an SE rep would be revealed first? That would also be something he got wrong

Also, I can't verify this, but I could be sworn he said we weren't getting an ATLUS rep. It was either him or Hitagi at least

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Minato wouldn't be a case like Ness/Lucas or Simon/Richter, because these 2 make sense.

Ness/Lucas have psychic powers and they could've learned these attacks from their friends.
Simon/Richter use tools. They could just share them.

Minato and Joker are completely different.
Joker is an athletic boy that uses knifes and guns, and Arsene is his persona.
Minato is a normal highschooler, in the games he can use all weapons, EXCEPT GUNS AND KNIFES, which are Joker's weapons. He's not athletic nor can use guns properly, the only gun he uses is the evoker, which can only be used to summon his persona (unlike Joker's mask), which is Orpheus/Thanatos, with the later having a different element than Arsene's.

The 2 are completely different characters, being the opposite of one another in certain aspects. Having him as his echo would be like throwing Minato's entire individuality out the window.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Didn't he say that an SE rep would be revealed first? That would also be something he got wrong

Also, I can't verify this, but I could be sworn he said we weren't getting an ATLUS rep. It was either him or Hitagi at least
A lot, and I mean a LOT of insiders were calling a Square rep as early as September.

The fact that Brave's data is already being worked on is, well, straight up we'll flat out never know if they got swapped in development.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Ah yes, I remember when people said the same thing about Verg's leaks, or even the box theory. Suit yourself whichever way.

Only Castlevania Judgement. Which is the clearly non-canonical Buff Light Yagami spin-off fighting game.

Ignoring the whole vagueness of Brave, what have you got that actually solidifies such a claim? If "Brave" the codename even matters.
All belmonts have the potential to use those moves. And a spinoff counts anyway.
Borrowing moves is fine.

But this is about the main weapons here. In persona 5 you only have 2. In persona 3 you have a ton that you can use, and it so happens that the ones you really cant use happen to be the ones joker uses.

Here's what you can use in persona 3 with that character.
"One-handed sword
Two-handed sword
Bow
Fists
Spears
Axes
You may not use knives
You may not use guns "

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd love tracer. One problem i could see is the moveset. I know they can tweet the moves however they want and even add more melee attacks, but really she just shoots and phases.
I mean I get the concern, but ****ing Piranha Plant can't even canonically move and Sakurai made an incredibly fun to use and watch moveset just based off a couple things it did. I'm sure he could do the same with Tracer.

To another extent, Rosalina only ever shows up in cutscenes and Saks gave her a good moveset as well. Tracer will be fine if she gets in.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
So I just got back from a call from my mom wishing me a happy birthday, and I heard about a few things...

First, I totally forgot that I share the same birthday with my brother-in-law Aaron. I should get on that...

Second, she's sending me a present, but due to the snow she had to wait. Since I never said what I wanted for a birthday present, I'm legitimately curious on what it is.

Third, more info on my recently passed away Aunt Diane. Apparently she had liver cancer and told no one about it. Like I said before, she had personal problems with drugs and had to go to treatment for years. She told everyone that she was fine afterwards, but apparently everything was not fine.

Shroob

Sup?
UGH!

Can he just **** off already? Holy ****.
I mean, he hasn't said anything since very early January more or less when "The List" leaked, and he wasn't the one who leaked it, it was users HERE who leaked it that he confirmed was legit.

He's been saying "There's a Square Rep" since September, and Brave honest to god seems to be it, especially since Erdrick's name is on 'the list' that got leaked.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Too 'random'; it's definitely fake. Just because we got Joker, doesn't mean that every character remaining is some 'Holy Sh*&, really?!' pick, but somehow everybody seems to have convinced themselves that's the case.

I bet there's only one more 3rd party pick (2 more max) and rest Nintendo. That's honestly why (despite me not liking it) I believe the leak that has the Square character, Banjo, Edelgard, and Sylux, is likely true. Because its not totally random, has another FE character that everyone would hate (but would make sense), the Square character that's about as secret as ken was at this point, Banjo (which we've been expecting), and Sylux to promote Metroid, it makes sense.

It gives us new characters while not being completely over the wall. joker made it in not just because his game was great, but because Sakurai himself absolutely loved the game and said himself that he was directly behind Joker's inclusion. The rest are going to be Nintendo picks (2 promotions in another FE and a new Metroid character, and a long requested character to celebrate Microsoft & Nintendo's newfound friendship)
If you don't know. Metroid Prime 4 had been delayed granted I'd doubt that'd effect Sylux's chances given the DLC would had been probably been chosen long ago.

D

Deleted member

So, Richter, Daisy and Dark Samus in a nutshell according to fans? XD
Dark Samus is a literal clone, Daisy is in most appearances very similar to Peach stat-wise, and pretty much all the Belmonts essentially have the same arsenal except for ol’furniture decorator.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
All belmonts have the potential to use those moves. And a spinoff counts anyway.
Borrowing moves is fine.

But this is about the main weapons here. In persona 5 you only have 2. In persona 3 you have a ton that you can use, and it so happens that the ones you really cant use happen to be the ones joker uses.

Here's what you can use in persona 3 with that character.
"One-handed sword
Two-handed sword
Bow
Fists
Spears
Axes
You may not use knives
You may not use guns "
Alright then. And if Joker doesn't use knives or his gun, then your point is up the creek without a paddle. And that's assuming that Smash doesn't make that exception anyway.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
To bad it's fake. That would've been a neat and unexpected roster. Kind of feel like if Erdrick isn't there though it's probably fake.
Careful, assuming someone is in due to leaks or likelihood is a slippery slope since remember when EVERYONE was so sure that Chorus Kids & Chrom were in Smash 4 and said any leak without them was fake? I mean, I agree that Erdrick is most likely in, but its far from sure.

But yeah, its fake.

What calls it as fake for me is that Minato Arisato would be an Echo for Joker..here are my reasons.
- Minato & Joker have different weapon types that even movement wouldn't work well for (Minato uses a Sword, Joker uses a Knife)
--- Even in Persona 3/FES, where P3 Protag can equip most weapons, one of the two he can't happens to be knives (the other being guns).
- Minato & Joker have different types of default Personas that wouldn't work as echoes of one another.
- Minato Arisato would likely not be his name, it'd likely be Makoto Yuuki, his name in the movies and Persona 3 Dancing in Moon Light. This is similar to how Joker's name is more commonly Ren Amamiya, his anime name, rather then Akira Kirisu, his manga name and Yu Narukami is used in most Persona 4 things outside of games where you name him, the name from the Anime, rather then Souji Seta, his manga name, or Hayato Asakawa, his name in the official stage play.
- If they were going to force a Persona protagonist into the game as an Echo, it'd more likely be Yu Narukami since Persona 4 is more popular then Persona 3.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Are we seriously arguing over a 100% fake 4chan leak?!

Guys, has the Grinch leak taught you anything?!

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Alright then. And if Joker doesn't use knives or his gun, then your point is up the creek without a paddle. And that's assuming that Smash doesn't make that exception anyway.
Knives and Guns are literally what Joker uses to fight, even his spin-off appearances has him holding a knife,

Joker not using a Knife or a Gun would be like Goku not using a Kamehameha.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't know a ton about Persona, but I mean, doesn't the P3 Protag also summon Personas by shooting himself in the head?

With Joker he rips off his mask which is really easy to tone down (just remove the gore). But to have a character who literally shoots themselves in the head seems a bit much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom