• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Take VideoGameDunkey who doesn't just **** out content but instead puts effort into them while still getting a large amount of views, he does this by having a well established subscriber base that watches his videos. MatPat has over 9 million subscribers and still attempts to manipulate the YouTube algorithm by ****ting out more unfinished videos because he totally doesn't get anough views to make a living off ad revenue or anything like that.
Except Dunkey takes advantage of the algorithm too.

It's why he plays recent games even if he hates the genre like his Xenoblade video.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Take VideoGameDunkey who doesn't just **** out content but instead puts effort into them while still getting a large amount of views, he does this by having a well established subscriber base that watches his videos. MatPat has over 9 million subscribers and still attempts to manipulate the YouTube algorithm by ****ting out more unfinished videos because he totally doesn't get anough views to make a living off ad revenue or anything like that.
It's funny you say Dunkey as he's literally just memeing, he isn't a critic and just goes "Hey hey hoo wacky video about video games"

Honestly, the moral of the story is that youtuber gamers were a mistake

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
MatPat's videos are just as valid as anyone who makes fan theories or fan fiction.

I'm not surprised he complains about people harassing him when people's idea of constructive criticism is to scream bloody murder at him for a theory about freakin' video games and call him a horrible human being because he makes some fan fiction. Y'all need to chill.
People need to realize this more often. Criticism is not common against various videos and such. Pretending it's constructive instead of treating him like **** is ridiculous in itself.

He does sometimes make bad videos. Nobody's perfect. Is he the best ever? Nah, not really. But he does respond to legitimate criticisms when they come up. They just don't come up often due to people acting extremely immature and screaming at the top of their lungs over nothing.

Not that I don't get the frustration at ignoring hard facts either. Though it's not an exact example. He doesn't do research all the time. So why is it so hard to point out the issues with what he said in a remotely mature manner? Cause it's not and never was.

He doesn't deserve how he's treated, no matter how often he gets some things wrong. That's those people's faults, not his(by that, I mean it's their fault for treating him like that no matter what he does). There's no excuse for treating him like **** and never will be one. He can work on making his content better, sure. But if the sole reason is so he isn't treated like trash by people who shouldn't even be allowed to respond on that video(in fact, all those posts replies fully deserved to be removed. If they can't be mature, they don't deserve any privilege when it comes to responding on those videos. Sadly YouTube doesn't do enough to people who harass others over videos, so there's no real solution that works. Other than ignoring it, anyway)? Then there's little legitimate incentive to improve. Might as well continuing as normal or just quit. Cause the lack legitimate criticism makes it so he doesn't get useful ideas on what to do to make his content better, something remotely helpful.

D

Deleted member

Yeah guys, don't EVER criticize things. Just ignore bad things and look at the good! Criticism is just plain mean:mad:! Why would you ever want to be like that:confused:?
Only focus on good:b:! That way, everything will be okay for everyone!
You've gone far past criticism and into outright ranting with some of this.

D

Deleted member

At this point I don't care what character makes it into smash as long as they don't legit break the gameplay.

Yes even Goku.

I have my wants and dislikes, but no matter what, Ultimate has done it's deed to fulfill all of my needs in a Smash Bros character/stage roster.

Iridium

Smash Hero

Here's something off-topic.

Noipoi

Howdy!
And now, we're at page Melmetal!
1200px-809Melmetal.png
As of right now Melmetal is the last Pokemon in the Pokedex, thus this will be the last time I can make a "this is page Pokemon" post.
But that's gonna change, very soon.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Playing a new game isn't taking advantage of the algorithm...
Isn't it, though? People like to talk about new things; those things get promotion; that hype drives people to watch videos about it, creating ad revenue. It is very much part of Youtube's algorithm.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Speaking of Dunkey, he gave KH3 a 1 out 5.

What? you expected me to say he was wrong? nah, if he don't like it, he dont like it, just found it intresting enough to say

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
First off I think he could put more research into his videos, not kinda do edits of other peoples theories (such as his new BATIM theory) and make better, more visually appealing thumbnails. Maybe as an extra he could also credit the people who help him.
When he does that, at least now, he has given the original theory crafter credit at the beginning of the video.

Thumbnails and credit. I'll agree with that. Even if the thumbnails don't bother me, he should have some sort of credits section in the description.

I don't know about the Persona video but the Ace Attorney one is outright horrible and in that video he outright ****ing says that it doesn't even ****ing matter. He only brought up stuff from the first game which ok I suppose I can forgive that even if Pheonix literally gets disbarred in Apollo Justice for breaking the law but he can't even get things right there. "PHEONIX IS BAD BECAUSE HE'S PRESENTING EVIDENCE THE PROSECUTION DOESN'T KNOW ABOUT LIKE THE BELLBOY FROM THE HOTEL! EDGEWORTH ISN'T EVEN ABLE TO PREPARE A STATEMENT ABOUT HIM!" Oh would you look at that Edgeworth actually DID know about him and already manipulated him to change his testimony. I'm pretty sure that getting a rather important part of that trial of the second case means he wasn't paying attention. "PHEONIX HID THE GLASS AND MAYA NOTE IN HIS PANTS!" No, Gumshoe literally finds them on the floor "PHEONIX DOESN'T TRY TO CALL FOR HELP AND TOUCHED MIA'S CORPSE! WHAT A CREEP!" He tried to call for help but the phone lines were slashed and he was checked her pulse to see if she's ok, which is what you usually do if you see someone you know like that
Not touching that one. I really don't know what to say.

Mat actually has a side business consulting with creators on how to improve their channels based on analytics. He likes to optimize. I don't see what's wrong with that.

People need to realize this more often. Criticism is not common against various videos and such. Pretending it's constructive instead of treating him like **** is ridiculous in itself.

He does sometimes make bad videos. Nobody's perfect. Is he the best ever? Nah, not really. But he does respond to legitimate criticisms when they come up. They just don't come up often due to people acting extremely immature and screaming at the top of their lungs over nothing.

Not that I don't get the frustration at ignoring hard facts either. Though it's not an exact example. He doesn't do research all the time. So why is it so hard to point out the issues with what he said in a remotely mature manner? Cause it's not and never was.

He doesn't deserve how he's treated, no matter how often he gets some things wrong. That's those people's faults, not his(by that, I mean it's their fault for treating him like that no matter what he does). There's no excuse for treating him like **** and never will be one. He can work on making his content better, sure. But if the sole reason is so he isn't treated like trash by people who shouldn't even be allowed to respond on that video(in fact, all those posts replies fully deserved to be removed. If they can't be mature, they don't deserve any privilege when it comes to responding on those videos. Sadly YouTube doesn't do enough to people who harass others over videos, so there's no real solution that works. Other than ignoring it, anyway)? Then there's little legitimate incentive to improve. Might as well continuing as normal or just quit. Cause the lack legitimate criticism makes it so he doesn't get useful ideas on what to do to make his content better, something remotely helpful.
This

D

Deleted member

I love it. I absolutely love it.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Honestly I agree with this. I personally think Matpat is an ok person, and I don't dislike his content. It could be improved, but I don't hate it. Honestly I'm not really mad at him, either.

Project update!
View attachment 191250Got the head coming together.
Amazing! What is that for?

Yes it is.

New game means buzz. YouTube creators take advantage of this buzz and play a recent game.
So, if I am playing Smash ultimate and I upload it to youtube because I enjoy the game, that is taking advantage of the algorithm?

When he does that, at least now, he has given the original theory crafter credit at the beginning of the video.

Thumbnails and credit. I'll agree with that. Even if the thumbnails don't bother me, he should have some sort of credits section in the description.

Not touching that one. I really don't know what to say.

Mat actually has a side business consulting with creators on how to improve their channels based on analytics. He likes to optimize. I don't see what's wrong with that.

This
Yeah, he does indeed credit the user, but I would like some original content more. Not very good for his channel, either, when people could just read the theory somewhere else.

D

Deleted member

Broken tech.

Just a penguin

Smash Master

Not about MatPat. 10/10

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Honestly I agree with this. I personally think Matpat is an ok person, and I don't dislike his content. It could be improved, but I don't hate it. Honestly I'm not really mad at him, either.

So, if I am playing Smash ultimate and I upload it to youtube because I enjoy the game, that is taking advantage of the algorithm?

Yeah, he does indeed credit the user, but I would like some original content more. Not very good for his channel, either, when people could just read the theory somewhere else.
Okay. That's totally fair. I'm not against the idea of him outlining someone else's theory in a video though. It's like adapting a book into a movie. It's fine as long as you have permission.

I do agree with the credit thing though. I think it would help him if he had movie or tv show style credits either at the end or in the description. Credit every person, site every source. I think it would help dissuade some of the hatred.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Ah, but Dunkey plays games he knows he won't enjoy purely to make a video. Case in point, most of his RPG videos.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Thank you! Its just a character I've had in my head for a while. As for overall progress, I don't have much left to sculpt. Just have to further refine the head, limbs and feet and I'll move onto texture displacement (adding scales and skin texture) and then finally painting!

Anyways what's going on here?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Thank you! Its just a character I've had in my head for a while. As for overall progress, I don't have much left to sculpt. Just have to further refine the head, limbs and feet and I'll move onto texture displacement (adding scales and skin texture) and then finally painting!

Anyways what's going on here?
Salty Matpat vibes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom