• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

MatPat's videos are just as valid as anyone who makes fan theories or fan fiction.

I'm not surprised he complains about people harassing him when people's idea of constructive criticism is to scream bloody murder at him for a theory about freakin' video games and call him a horrible human being because he makes some fan fiction. Y'all need to chill.

D

Deleted member

I dislike a lot of Matpat's content but I think it's clear a lot of you have huge grudges against him.

Let it go, guys.
I don't have a grudge against MatPat. I just thought his content was ridiculous, so I stopped paying attention to him. I don't care what happens to him. He digs his own grave, then that's his fault.
Aww, that's precious! He thinks he can stop me. (Condescending)

Here's what's gonna happen. I'm gonna do whatever I want, and you're gonna be useless. As usual. (Telling a cop what to do)

What? Demons don't exist! I'm just an adorable lil' kid! (Playing innocent)
Yep, totally sounds like your average kid. /s

I had some quotes for my character, Algore, as well.

"YOU ********! I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE FOR THIS! I SWEAR IT ON THE LIVES OF THE PEOPLE YOU STOLE!!"

"Most people don't have the power of a Gene. So when someone like you comes along and tries to take their freedom from them and bend their lives to your ever whim, they can't protect themselves, and have no choice to but kneel because they don't have the power to fight back. But I do. That's why I'm going to use every power at my disposal to save them all-and bring an end to your reign of terror! Takin! Consider I, Algore Fullshin, you executor!"

"Elia, come with me. Together we find the Artifacts of Yin in pursuit of a better life. This world needn't suffer anymore."

Iridium

Smash Hero
I mean, when we live in a world where a literal 7 year old kid earns millions of dollars just for opening toys, I really don't have very high expectations for much.

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Why don't you **** on guys who are actual ******** like DarkSidePhill?
Because he didn't start a "Sans is Ness" meme. :V

Is it because he's less mainstream? I've never heard of him.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Why don't you **** on guys who are actual ******** like DarkSidePhill?
Because everyone knows he's ****, and he doesn't have that huge of an audience anymore. There's nothing to discuss.
Game theory is huge, and it's important to point out when a creator that big is still calling critics "HATERS" and is stealing or under-researching.
It sets a bad precedent for other content creators.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ok. So you're talking about the Persona and Ace Atourney videos. What do you want him to do to "take criticism better". Take the video down? Make a rushed response video? He hasn;t covered either franchise sense, if that's what you want.

He wasn't screaming. He was justifiibly upset at people making unsubstantiated acusations. He asked the same questions I'm asking now and I still havn't gotten an actual answer.

Actually you're just plain wrong. He does write the scripts. He's never once said that he has any sort of scriptwriter.
I don't know about the Persona video but the Ace Attorney one is outright horrible and in that video he outright ****ing says that it doesn't even ****ing matter. He only brought up stuff from the first game which ok I suppose I can forgive that even if Pheonix literally gets disbarred in Apollo Justice for breaking the law but he can't even get things right there. "PHEONIX IS BAD BECAUSE HE'S PRESENTING EVIDENCE THE PROSECUTION DOESN'T KNOW ABOUT LIKE THE BELLBOY FROM THE HOTEL! EDGEWORTH ISN'T EVEN ABLE TO PREPARE A STATEMENT ABOUT HIM!" Oh would you look at that Edgeworth actually DID know about him and already manipulated him to change his testimony. I'm pretty sure that getting a rather important part of that trial of the second case means he wasn't paying attention. "PHEONIX HID THE GLASS AND MAYA NOTE IN HIS PANTS!" No, Gumshoe literally finds them on the floor "PHEONIX DOESN'T TRY TO CALL FOR HELP AND TOUCHED MIA'S CORPSE! WHAT A CREEP!" He tried to call for help but the phone lines were slashed and he was checked her pulse to see if she's ok, which is what you usually do if you see someone you know like that

D

Deleted member

Holy **** did Matpat piss in you guys' cereal or what? This is hilarious.
Nope.
I am just sharing why I disagree with his two Metroid theories.
I want to believe that he is a cool person IRL.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I mean, when we live in a world where a literal 7 year old kid earns millions of dollars just for opening toys, I really don't have very high expectations for much.
This is a bubble that's going to pop.

I hope everyone is okay afterward.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Okay. Put you're money where you're mouth is. Tell me, how would you "improve" his content while still allowing him to make enough money to support his family and staff.
First off I think he could put more research into his videos, not kinda do edits of other peoples theories (such as his new BATIM theory) and make better, more visually appealing thumbnails. Maybe as an extra he could also credit the people who help him.

D

Deleted member

Who? Why? And what did Phil do?
He's just known for being bad at video games, having an ego, and blaming the games for him being bad.
So he's got a cult troll following that uploads compilations of his streaming content for people to laugh at.

I watch it on occasion to get a giggle myself, but I don't know why people are so obsessed.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Maybe he didn't mention he has a scriptwriter because he just didn't want to...? Other people who have helped don't get credit either, sometimes. One person made some art that was used in Mats video without credit, and also, that Matpat hater video wasn't really good. Heck, one of the guys said he liked Mat's content. And we know he wasn't screaming, it was an exaggeration.
If he has a script writer than how come in his livestreams he's always talking about how he'd love to work on other projects if he didn't have to spend so much time writing scripts.

As for the art thing. Yeah. That was a ****ty thing to do. You win a point.

Yeah, he did, but it still doesn't change the fact that he did it. And he only apologized when Toby got involved. He has apologized and not changed hit
So you're never allowed to **** up. You have to be perfect all the time and never make any mistakes. Apologies and changing you're ways afterwords mean nothing ever. Got it.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Holy **** did Matpat piss in you guys' cereal or what? This is hilarious.
He burned our crops, and pillaged our houses...
He poisoned our water supply, burned our crops and delivered a plague onto our houses!

Who the heck is DarkSidePhill? also, I'm not ****ing on anybody. I am giving my thoughts on the matter.
You’re best not asking about him. Keep your innocence in check.

EDIT: Never mind...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here's a thought:

If you do not enjoy MatPat's videos, simply do not watch them. Simple, no?

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Geez you people really have a grudge against MatPat.
Literally this is the problem. We are calling out his content and the things he does and people just assume we have some grudge against him. Essentially, the "haters" line. We're not criticizing him for no reason, it's not some petty grudge.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I had some quotes for my character, Algore, as well.

"YOU ********! I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE FOR THIS! I SWEAR IT ON THE LIVES OF THE PEOPLE YOU STOLE!!"

"Most people don't have the power of a Gene. So when someone like you comes along and tries to take their freedom from them and bend their lives to your ever whim, they can't protect themselves, and have no choice to but kneel because they don't have the power to fight back. But I do. That's why I'm going to use every power at my disposal to save them all-and bring an end to your reign of terror! Takin! Consider I, Algore Fullshin, you executor!"

"Elia, come with me. Together we find the Artifacts of Yin in pursuit of a better life. This world needn't suffer anymore."
Sounds like some epic fantasy stuff.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
But honestly, if we keep ****ting on Matpat, we're going to look like a PULL thread eventually. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
All I'm doing is stating my opinion. I think he is a fine person, honestly. I do think his content could be improved, though.

If he has a script writer than how come in his livestreams he's always talking about how he'd love to work on other projects if he didn't have to spend so much time writing scripts.

As for the art thing. Yeah. That was a ****ty thing to do. You win a point.

So you're never allowed to **** up. You have to be perfect all the time and never make any mistakes. Apologies and changing you're ways afterwords mean nothing ever. Got it.
Well, as I said, I could be wrong about the scripts. Also, I never said I have to be perfect. I just said it doesn't change the fact that he did it. Apologizing makes it better, but it doesn't just all go away, ya know.

Here's a thought:

I watch it like, every now and then when I'm bored. :p

Literally this is the problem. We are calling out his content and the things he does and people just assume we have some grudge against him. Essentially, the "haters" line. We're not criticizing him for no reason, it's not some petty grudge.
Pretty much this.

Iridium

Smash Hero
This is a bubble that's going to pop.

I hope everyone is okay afterward.
It better not. The only criticism I ever see on MatPat nowadays usually is just to make him look worse than he really is. I thought constructive criticism was the way to go, eh?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
DarkSidePhil is lets player.

He's mean, crude, racist, sexist and an absolute cruel human being.

His wife is just as bad. He's taken money from fans. He got caught mastrubating on stream.

On top of all that, he's an absolute idiot and is unable to figure out simple concepts in games. And he's likely to blame the game for being bad, or his opponent if he loses.

To give you an example, he is unable to figure out how to dodge in Smash 4. He actually managed to get the difficulty to the lowest setting and was still losing against Master Hand. He's a moron.

D

Deleted member

I don’t, since he may be a nice person IRL.
I just saw that the thread was talking about him and decided to share why I disagree with his two Metroid theories (the morph ball and X-parasite ones).

D

Deleted member

Okay. Put you're money where you're mouth is. Tell me, how would you "improve" his content while still allowing him to make enough money to support his family and staff.
Take VideoGameDunkey who doesn't just **** out content but instead puts effort into them while still getting a large amount of views, he does this by having a well established subscriber base that watches his videos. MatPat has over 9 million subscribers and still attempts to manipulate the YouTube algorithm by ****ting out more unfinished videos because he totally doesn't get anough views to make a living off ad revenue or anything like that.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Here's a thought:

Yeah guys, don't EVER criticize things. Just ignore bad things and look at the good! Criticism is just plain mean:mad:! Why would you ever want to be like that:confused:?
Only focus on good:b:! That way, everything will be okay for everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom