• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

have y'all ever seen the response video Mattpat made in response to that? Where he was complaining about all the "hate" and "negativity" he was getting?
sadpat lmao mans was really crying

like bro you gave the ****ing pope undertale as a gift you probably shouldve expected ridicule

D

Deleted member

The main character of a project i'm working on.

He's a half demon kid who uses his power to ruin people's lives. But when he's taken to a secret demon hunting society, he's got to hide his secret and try to survive.
Sounds like a good kid. /s

D

Deleted member

The main character of a project i'm working on.

He's a half demon kid who uses his power to ruin people's lives. But when he's taken to a secret demon hunting society, he's got to hide his secret and try to survive.
Unfortunately I can't even give my own ****ty OCs names so I can't help out with that

ClaTheBae

Smash Master

like bro you gave the ****ing pope undertale as a gift you probably shouldve expected ridicule
The worst part for me wasn't even that, it's the fact that he made this super dramatic response to a video that received mild criticism. His content is really bad already, and throwing a fit over people not liking ONE video only goes to show how manipulative and clickbaity all of his vids are

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Did you watch the video where he explains WHY he did it? When you understand his motives, you understand why he'd be upset about how people reacted. He didn't actually expect the Pope to play Undertale. He did it because of what the game has symbolized. About how violence isn't the answer. Especially sense it was the pope's year of Mercy.

Seriously. Just watch the beginning of this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wzxbR5vfjE

I am a MatPat fan. I watch the livestreams he does with his wife and both Game and Film Theory. He's one of the hardest working, sweetest, and most genuine creators I have ever watched. And I don't understand why people just seam to want to hate him.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
*Sees SoundCloud*
Are you the SoundCloud rapper all along?
Heck nah man.

He's the absolute worst. That's why it's so satisfying to see him get knocked down a peg, and maybe even learn to be a good person?

I've had the idea for a few years, i'm thinking of making it a webcomic.
That is something I'd be interested in. I kind of want to make a voice for him for fun. Do you have a voice description so I could try.

D

Deleted member

He's the absolute worst. That's why it's so satisfying to see him get knocked down a peg, and maybe even learn to be a good person?

I've had the idea for a few years, i'm thinking of making it a webcomic.
DO IT. If you dubbed it I’d happily apply.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
And I don't understand why people just seam to want to hate him.
Because he makes subpar content. No one's really out to get him, but the target audience for his content gets lower and lower and it's hard for it to appeal to a lot of people.

Not to mention, he has a bad habit of never admitting he was wrong or taking any sort of criticism

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Did you watch the video where he explains WHY he did it? When you understand his motives, you understand why he'd be upset about how people reacted.

I am a MatPat fan. I watch the livestreams he does with his wife and both Game and Film Theory. He's one of the hardest working, sweetest, and most genuine creators I have ever watched. And I don't understand why people just seam to want to hate him.
I don't hate him but I wish he did his research more. His video about Persona 4 was ridiculous because he obviously never played the series enough to talk about it as a whole.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Because he makes subpar content. No one's really out to get him, but the target audience for his content gets lower and lower and it's hard for it to appeal to a lot of people.

Not to mention, he has a bad habit of never admitting he was wrong or taking any sort of criticism
What?! Someone criticizing Matpat and not just saying "I hate Matpat"!? IMPOSSIBLE!

Noipoi

Howdy!
Heck nah man.

That is something I'd be interested in. I kind of want to make a voice for him for fun. Do you have a voice description so I could try.
Normal accent, with a bit of a condescending tone. Around 13-15 years old.
Sneaky, conniving and smug. He doesn't just think he's better than you, he knows it. But he won't outright say it, he'll just insult you.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The worst part for me wasn't even that, it's the fact that he made this super dramatic response to a video that received mild criticism. His content is really bad already, and throwing a fit over people not liking ONE video only goes to show how manipulative and clickbaity all of his vids are
"THIS VIDEO GOT SO MANY HATERS ON IT IT'S SO SAD" *even back then less than 10 percent of the likes was about how many dislikes it got*
"I'M JUST TRYING TO SPARK DISCUSSION!" *starts whining about how people are haters for pointing out how he literally took something from books and pretended he came up with it multiple times"

D

Deleted member

I had an idea for a character. Algore, wielder of the Paraxis Gene, and Gene that grants him abilities associated with light, such as laser beams, teleportation, beam swords, and body phasing. After losing his village to the wrath of the Crescendo Knights, a notoriously ruthless royal guard for The Empire, Algore swears vengeance and travels the world to find The 5 Artifacts of Yin, powerful tools used by the ancient hero to seal and destroy Malvis, The Great Evil, all will meeting and recruting new allies to his cause.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Normal accent, with a bit of a condescending tone. Around 13-15 years old.
Sneaky, conniving and smug. He doesn't just think he's better than you, he knows it. But he won't outright say it, he'll just insult you.
Any lines I could do?

D

Deleted member

I don't hate him but I wish he did his research more. His video about Persona 4 was ridiculous because he obviously never played the series enough to talk about it as a whole.
The Metroid theories were also bad.

And I disliked his video about Crash being “overrated”.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllp i better heckin not get sick before my goddamn interview

im getting a sore throat whyyyyyy... ;-;

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
"THIS VIDEO GOT SO MANY HATERS ON IT IT'S SO SAD" *even back then less than 10 percent of the likes was about how many dislikes it got*
"I'M JUST TRYING TO SPARK DISCUSSION!" *starts whining about how people are haters for pointing out how he literally took something from books and pretended he came up with it multiple times"
"I NEVER LINK TO THE GAMES IN MY DESCRIPTIONS" *begins his woe is me shtick even after being called out by numerous people including Toby Fox"

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Prove it. Show me a time where he has not taken critisism. Show me an example of why his content id bad. Because as someone who has watched everything this man has made I never understand where people are coming from when they make this argument.

He has addressed where he went wrong in the Persona video. It's in a pinned comment. Read it.

D

Deleted member

I remember MatPat. His Game Theories seemed more like Conspiracy Theories meant for games. His Majora's Mask one was bad, and his "theories" on Phoniex Wright and The Persona series...Don't even get me started.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Did you watch the video? He dosn't cry. He has a disapointed tone of voice at most.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
"I NEVER LINK TO THE GAMES IN MY DESCRIPTIONS" *begins his woe is me shtick even after being called out by numerous people including Toby Fox"
"MY EDITORS AND WRITERS ARE TO BLAME NEVER MEEEEEEE IT'S NOT MY FAULT I SAID 'THERE IS NO PEACH TOY IN MARIO VS DK' ONLY FOR THE FOOTAGE SHOWN WHEN I SAID THAT SHOW A PEACH TOY ON THE SCREEN"

Honestly the biggest sin Matpat has committed is butchering the word 'Theory' as he only makes ludicrous hypotheses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom