• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

wait why are we talking about shaggy in mk he would be too op it would break the game

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
You know what grinds my gears about updates?

Why can’t they ever patch characters aesthetically?
They actually already have. Alongside the aforementioned Greninja glitch, they also patched in tweaks to visuals and animations in the day one patch. One example is that Ridley now does a grimace if he whiffs his command grab.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
At this point I'd like to bring up the fact that Shaggy had exactly one combat move in Lego Dimensions that amounted to more than "ducking out of the way so the opponent hurt himself" or "shine a flashlight in the opponent's eye to blind them as he looks away cowering."

And that move essentially amounted to Luigi's dash attack, but while trembling and looking away.

If Lego Dimensions didn't think it was thematically appropriate to have Shaggy fight despite Scooby being able to just fine, there is literally zero reason to think he'd even be considered for Mortal Kombat.
So... what you're saying is we should be pushing to get this dude in MK11 instead:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Doesn't change any of my point at all. Can he be violent? Yes. Then he can be in a violent game. I don't believe for one second he can't fit in.

I don't believe he'd get in, though. That's the only really good argument against him, that WB would likely say no.
Yes, it does, because the degree of violence is relevant and ignoring that is ridiculous. There's a reason boxing doesn't have a guy pull out a knife and stab his opponent when they win.

Shaggy is a cartoon character in a show focused around zany characters solving zany crimes by petty criminals. At its most violent it's a wacky bar fight.

Compared to Horror Film antagonists whose whole shtick is brutalizing helpless shmucks and eventually being killed themselves.

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
So here we are, arguing about Shaggy from Scooby-Doo being in Mortal Kombat, as to be expected, however the update comes in 30 minutes and we haven't quite gotten excited enough

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Tl;dr violence isn't one-size-fits-all.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
As a diehard MK fan, Shaggy in MK gets a solid no from me - regardless as a joke. MK has great guest characters with MKX having some of the best. I’m really holding out for some mainstay horror legendaries like:

Pinhead
Chucky
Ash from Evil Dead
Michael Meyers
Pennywise the Clown
The Thing
Sadako (might be kind of fun)

And if we get Scorpion in Smash, what better way to include Audrey II from Little Shop of Horrors as a nod to The Plant.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

At this point I'd like to bring up the fact that Shaggy had exactly one combat move in Lego Dimensions that amounted to more than "ducking out of the way so the opponent hurt himself" or "shine a flashlight in the opponent's eye to blind them as he looks away cowering."

And that move essentially amounted to Luigi's dash attack, but while trembling and looking away.

If Lego Dimensions didn't think it was thematically appropriate to have Shaggy fight despite Scooby being able to just fine, there is literally zero reason to think he'd even be considered for Mortal Kombat.
But what if it's "Bad" Shaggy? :V

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay but what if the update includes the name Zoinks as a placeholder name.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
As a diehard MK fan, Shaggy in MK gets a solid no from me - regardless as a joke. MK has great guest characters with MKX having some of the best. I’m really holding out for some mainstay horror legendaries like:

Pinhead
Chucky
Ash from Evil Dead
Michael Meyers
Pennywise the Clown
The Thing

And if we get Scorpion in Smash, what better way to include Audrey II from Little Shop of Horrors as a nod to The Plant.
Only if Bruce Campbell comes back to voice Ash. I also hope they bring Freddy back only if they get Robert Englund back because I wanna see the dialogue between him and Ash.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
What if the code name for the next datamined character is just something like “dlc4”
Like, they’re on to us...

D

Deleted member

Pinhead
Chucky
Ash from Evil Dead
Michael Meyers
Pennywise the Clown
THE THING

I may be a Fantastic Four fan...
But even I agree that Wolverine would be a better Marvel character for MK.
Unless you refer to another Thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom