• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I can't because it ****ing terrifies me.

I get paranoid about the stupidest things, I can't watch real horror unless it's stupid like FNAF.
“Unless it’s stupid like FNAF.”

As a a FNAF fan I- Well... Your not wrong. xD

I personally like FNAF’s mix if comedy and horror.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Server maintenance!?? Now what do I do? Play World of Light????? :4pacman:

Oh, it drops in a few minutes.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I can't because it ****ing terrifies me.

I get paranoid about the stupidest things, I can't watch real horror unless it's stupid like FNAF.
We can be wimps together, Noi. I can't handle any horror. Even those horror games made in RPG Maker get to me.

I'm a grown-*** man and I pissed my pants in that certain level from A Hat in Time (which you should all play if you haven't by the way) so yeah, I can't take horror either. I love creepy/eerie atmospheres though.
That level is ****in' terrifying and I won't hear anyone say otherwise.

D

Deleted member

Just remember that we're not likely getting Plant tonight and temper expectations.

EDIT: Spoke too soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Are we expecting PP with this?

Is this why everyone is excited or is it just because they think there's going to be a spelled out answer to the DLC in the datamine?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Is this why everyone is excited or is it just because they think there's going to be a spelled out answer to the DLC in the datamine?
Both, really. People are goin' nuts over this patch for a number of reasons.

D

Deleted member

Hell, certain planets in No Man’s Sky are too much for me.
Then there was the time these things jump out of the ground at me:
‘BIOLOGICAL HORROR DETECTED!’
50AF7DBA-28A5-4ACC-BA48-FFDD2EA96106.jpeg

R O F L

Smash Ace

If we are, we shouldn't be.

It's not February, it's simple.

Edit: Plant is prob gonna be 2.1.0 or something.

Edit: oh lol

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
If Piranha Plant is in, he's not on my game. Temper them expectations, folks.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yes, it does, because the degree of violence is relevant and ignoring that is ridiculous. There's a reason boxing doesn't have a guy pull out a knife and stab his opponent when they win.

Shaggy is a cartoon character in a show focused around zany characters solving zany crimes by petty criminals. At its most violent it's a wacky bar fight.

Compared to Horror Film antagonists whose whole shtick is brutalizing helpless shmucks and eventually being killed themselves.
Those have jack to do with what I said.

So I'm not replying anymore. Nobody is acknowledging even the point I made. I'm not going to waste time when my actual argument is 100% ignored just to repeat the same stuff I never talked about. For the record, I don't think he's a good idea or likely. So why are you acting like I actually am saying otherwise? When I say "can fit in", I mean "is capable of fighting within that settings", which pretty much applies to every possible fictional character as long as their body shape is workable within a game's settings. It's cause I don't have these standards at all. None of that matters to me. My actual standard is "the first character from a series needs to be an important protagonist or the mascot". Anything else is irrelevant.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Everyone: “UPDATE IS LIVE!”

My Switch: “You are using the latest version of this software.”

Is Sakurai pulling a fast one on me specifically?

EDIT: NVM it’s downloading

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can actually see WB saying no to Shaggy being in MK. The character can easily be violent, but if that ruins the image of the character for them, it's reasonable for them to say no. Ed Boon probably wouldn't care either way. The idea he wouldn't fit into the series, however, is silly to me. The guy practically has to go against tons of monstrous creatures all the time. Sometimes he legitimately fights too. It works. Plus, there's tons of silly potential for end screen taunts with his posse, attacks involving Scooby-Doo, just his voice alone will be hilarious. He's from a ghostly series. That sounds easy to implement into MK.

The thing I love about the Mortal Kombat guests is they are pretty varied overall and has tons of stuff they do that comes out as silly moreso than just pure violence. That said, there's a ton of potential options for the series. How it never got a Killer Instinct character is actually kind of odd at times. They're ultra violent too, which is kind of the point. Though I could see them being kept separate because they're competition.
Ed Boon already said no to Shaggy on twitter anyway. Like that really even needs to be said, but still.

Also all MK guests have pretty much been horror characters minus Kratos. But Kratos was probably the most underwhelming despite being more so of a fantasy character rather than a horror/sci fi one. Also every one of those characters has had a movie that was or was planned to be released of the movie they appeared in.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
The in-game patch notes do say that Plant is added in it.

(Side interesting new thing, there is now an empty short hop macro if you press two jump buttons at once.)

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't really like horror, either, although things like Petscop and ghosts interest me, things that might give you a creepy feeling.

Depending on what it is I'm reading or watching, though, I might end up regretting it due to getting paranoid when going to bed and sometimes even the next day, i.e. these short Japanese horror books/comics/whatever they were on Imgur that I found, ironically, on the Minecraft subreddit in the comment section of a post that showed off a reference to one of the stories...I thought it was a Steven Universe reference until I saw the comments, and so it grabbed my interest...

Really only one of the stories had me scared like that, though the other two (including the referenced one) I read were unsettling and spooky as well...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guess I have to eat my words, according to the Notice info on what 2.0.0 has.
Pleasantly surprised I am.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Plant is in
Multiplayer added to Spirit Board
Special Spirits are in the Shop
Shorthop Macro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom