• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yes. Let’s all watch Shaggy Rogers get torn limb from limb by Baraka.
That is not an argument, you're just complaining that Shaggy would get killed in a game where you can get killed in every game.

:ultisabelle: happened before, can happen again :ultisabelle:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That is not an argument, you're just complaining that Shaggy would get killed in a game where you can get killed in every game.

I think you need to read this post.
I feel like a lot of people legitimately hoping for him don't realize that Warner Bros would have to be okay with not only Shaggy performing gruesome fatalities, but having them done to him as well.

tl;dr They're not going to commit brand suicide.
There’s a difference between getting killed in MK and getting killed in other games.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know what grinds my gears about updates?

Why can’t they ever patch characters aesthetically?
Technically they did in the last patch. Greninja's fixed a visual glitch with his screen KO. Technically that's an aesthetic change.

Also as you can tell I'm a genie.

D

Deleted member

I thought it was only a 2-hour difference from EST to Brasilia Time during DST

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Isabelle is a pacifist. Look what's happening in the game now.

If the concept of Shaggy indirectly harming others is incapable to be birthed in your mind, then I guess we can only have our differences. Getting mauled is just a thing in MK, like it or not. Liu Kang was meant to be a pacifist originally, and even in MK1 he was bound to brutal scorching or spine removal.

Ed Boon is at least getting a chuckle out of the joke. If he wishes to see it be possible, then let it be so.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Honestly if I was a director like this I'd deliberately leave those codenames in. But not only would I have them not at all resemble the actual characters, I'd make sure they closely resemble characters that are not in it, just to let down and upset my work's fanbase as retribution for datamining. It would be delicious.
Yeah, I said that the codename might be deliberately deceptive in the Brave speculation thread.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

If the concept of Shaggy indirectly harming others is incapable to be birthed in your mind, then I guess we can only have our differences. Getting mauled is just a thing in MK, like it or not. Liu Kang was meant to be a pacifist originally, and even in MK1 he was bound to brutal scorching or spine removal.

Ed Boon is at least getting a chuckle out of the joke. If he wishes to see it be possible, then let it be so.
I’m not talking about wether or not he COULD fight. I’m talking about the face that WB isn’t going to put a character aimed at young children into a game where he’s gonna get brutally mauled.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Dude if you honestly think Isabelle getting non-violently slashed by prop swords and hammers in a game about toys coming to life is at all the same as a beloved children's character getting torn limb from limb in a realistically gory fashion, I don't know what to tell you.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
You know what grinds my gears about updates?

Why can’t they ever patch characters aesthetically?
They still haven’t fixed the glitch in Smash for Wii U where R.O.B.’s facial expressions don’t work in Versus mode. Doesn’t really matter now since it’s fixed in Ultimate, but still...

D

Deleted member

I JUST SPIKED A MEGA MAN AS HE WAS RECOVERING WHICH MADE HIM GO BACK ON HIS RUSH AND HE SURVIVED

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I’m not talking about wether or not he COULD fight. I’m talking about the face that WB isn’t going to put a character aimed at young children into a game where he’s gonna get brutally mauled.
That's like saying :ultbayonetta::ultsnake: [Joker] shouldn't have been in the E10+ game because they came out of an M rated game.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Just a quick heads up to anyone waiting to download the update.

Update your system first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom