• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Dude if you honestly think Isabelle getting non-violently slashed by prop swords and hammers in a game about toys coming to life is at all the same as a beloved children's character getting torn limb from limb in a realistically gory fashion, I don't know what to tell you.
Never said it was the same, I believe the concept is similar for comparison.

Let's agree to disagree and wait. Not unless you wanna make a bet on it. :p

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That's like saying :ultbayonetta::ultsnake: [Joker] shouldn't have been in the E10+ game because they came out of an M rated game.
NRS is different from Nintendo. They’ve repeatedly said that they won’t put DC comics characters in MK because they don’t want to brutally maul them. No way that they’d treat a character from Scooby-freakin-doo any differently

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I can actually see WB saying no to Shaggy being in MK. The character can easily be violent, but if that ruins the image of the character for them, it's reasonable for them to say no. Ed Boon probably wouldn't care either way. The idea he wouldn't fit into the series, however, is silly to me. The guy practically has to go against tons of monstrous creatures all the time. Sometimes he legitimately fights too. It works. Plus, there's tons of silly potential for end screen taunts with his posse, attacks involving Scooby-Doo, just his voice alone will be hilarious. He's from a ghostly series. That sounds easy to implement into MK.

The thing I love about the Mortal Kombat guests is they are pretty varied overall and has tons of stuff they do that comes out as silly moreso than just pure violence. That said, there's a ton of potential options for the series. How it never got a Killer Instinct character is actually kind of odd at times. They're ultra violent too, which is kind of the point. Though I could see them being kept separate because they're competition.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Why? Because this...

Wait...
Persona 5 had a Smash reference in it, didn't it?

Alright... New dumb theory that will be debunked by the next character datamine
It's called "The Smash theory"
All of the characters in the Fighter Pass, are from games that referenced Smash Bros

I hope y'all are ready to have a bad time...
/s

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Wait...

It' called "The Smash theory"

All of the characters in the Fighter Pass, are from games that referenced Smash Bros

Oh heck stop oh no /s

D

Deleted member

Shaggy should just be DLC in DBFZ tbh, maybe then I'd buy the game too

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I can actually see WB saying no to Shaggy being in MK. The character can easily be violent, but if that ruins the image of the character for them, it's reasonable for them to say no. Ed Boon probably wouldn't care either way. Pcooby-Doo, just his voice alone will be hilarious. He's from a ghostly series. That sounds easy to implement into MK.

The thing I love about the Mortal Kombat guests is they are pretty varied overall and has tons of stuff they do that comes out as silly moreso than just pure violence. That said, there's a ton of potential options for the series. How it never got a Killer Instinct character is actually kind of odd at times. They're ultra violent too, which is kind of the point. Though I could see them being kept separate because they're competition.
Yes, because Scooby Doo is known for having
Shaggy being brutalized and mauled and tortured while doing the same to his opponents.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
NRS is different from Nintendo. They’ve repeatedly said that they won’t put DC comics characters in MK because they don’t want to brutally maul them. No way that they’d treat a character from Scooby-freakin-doo any differently
At this point, the best shot that Shaggy has, is if Warner Bros makes a Smash style crossover fighting game...

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Wait...

/s
No drop the /S Sans is in.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Wait...

/s
We'll also get Shantae if that's true.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Shaggy being brutalized and mauled and tortured while doing the same to his opponents.
Doesn't change any of my point at all. Can he be violent? Yes. Then he can be in a violent game. I don't believe for one second he can't fit in.

I don't believe he'd get in, though. That's the only really good argument against him, that WB would likely say no.

D

Deleted member

Broke: Shaggy for MK.
Woke: Wolverine for MK.

THE HELL JUST HAPPENED!?
MY MESSAGE GOT POSTED TOO MANY TIMES FOR NO REASON!

Edit: the mods thankfully fixed it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Doesn't change any of my point at all. Can he be violent? Yes. Then he can be in a violent game. I don't believe for one second he can't fit in.

I don't believe he'd get in, though. That's the only really good argument against him, that WB would likely say no.
They're not going to put Shaggy in Mortal Kombat; the situation would be the same even with a character like Mario. It will absolutely never happen since it's essentially brand suicide.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
dude have you seen what red shirt shaggy can do

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
They're not going to put Shaggy in Mortal Kombat; the situation would be the same even with a character like Mario. It will absolutely never happen since it's essentially brand suicide.
Been there, said that.

dude have you seen what red shirt shaggy can do
And this is why I'm not worried in any way about him fitting in the game. Every character can easily be made to fit into a game, no matter the genre. Literal cars were made to work into a fighting game. The issue isn't a real one.

Of course, I don't think he'll happen cause WB doesn't think it would be good for his image(which again, is an actual good argument against him).

RWyvern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RWyvern
Something about the update soon?? I was an idiot and forgot to register my game so I’ve actually forgotten what perks that gave.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
At this point I'd like to bring up the fact that Shaggy had exactly one combat move in Lego Dimensions that amounted to more than "ducking out of the way so the opponent hurt himself" or "shine a flashlight in the opponent's eye to blind them as he looks away cowering."

And that move essentially amounted to Luigi's dash attack, but while trembling and looking away.

If Lego Dimensions didn't think it was thematically appropriate to have Shaggy fight despite Scooby being able to just fine, there is literally zero reason to think he'd even be considered for Mortal Kombat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom