• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

cutter

Smash Champion
Where's my Hsien-Ko?

Better question is... where's dat 50cent. :laugh:

This is where I wish we didn't have the roster leaked months in advance. If Sent was revealed later on down the road and there was no lupinko, I would have creamed my pants. Still hyped for him still, but not as much.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Akuma does look pretty awesome. It seems like his multi-fireball super now has a sort of...how do I put it...the fireballs don't just go straight across but they sort of meander? IDK how to describe it but it looks cool. I'm glad they got Demon Flip to work in this game too. I'm guessing it's DP+E and then an attack. English VA sucks, this is definitely going to be another Japanese voice selection character. Also, HOLY **** LOOK AT ALL THAT INVINCIBILITY ON RAGING DEMON.

Does anyone know what's going on at 0:50 in the Akuma trailer? I assume it's some kind of challenge mode?

So it looks like Taskmaster has "copied":

Spiderman's Web Swing
Hulk's Gamma Charge
Doom's Hidden Missile
Arthur's Crossbow
Trish's Energy Beam super
Various normals

By copied I mean he has moves with the exact same properties but different animation. This seems pretty true to his character and I'm really interested in seeing how he fares as a character.

EDIT: So apparently you need to accrue a certain amount of player points to unlock both of them. THANKS CAPCOM FOR ENCOURAGING POINTS HOARDING AND OTHER STUPID ONLINE BULL****. Seriously, I'd rather spend an hour or two grinding through Arcade mode than weeks grinding through online lag tactics.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
That reminds me... I'm surprised we didn't get any cosmic reps apart from Galactus being the final boss.
Uhh, Super Skrull?

It's weird seeing Akuma fighting Doom with "Save the Earth!!" under the timer.
I just can't imagine Akuma doing so. lol

Obviously Akuma is saving the Earth so that he can blow up more nuclear subs. EDIT: Sorry, that wasn't a naval nuclear sub, it was a research vessel from the University of US. Good old UUS and the Fighting Americans.

kr3wman

Smash Master
it's probably a gauntlet of shin wesker/shin doom/Galactus as the arcade mode bosses.

should be fun (but not really)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Dammit... how do I forget Kl'rt.

EDIT: I guess when I think of cosmic characters, I just think of the ones that are ridiculously powerful, like Sliver Surfer and Thanos.
Yeah, I guess a lot of the Marvel Cosmic characters are absurdly powerful. In terms of powers, Super Skrull is to Marvel Cosmic what Nightwing is to the Justice League. I mean Death is a recurring character in Marvel Cosmic, and that's saying something.

You could also consider Hulk part of Marvel Cosmic because of Planet Hulk.
:troll:

kr3wman

Smash Master
I just checked, but PP isn't only earned by going online.

It's more like a currency? Kinda like marvel two? It's not very clear.

Akuma and Taskmaster are locked at the beginning of the game. To unlock them, players need to earn Player Points. Akuma unlocks at 2000 PP, Taskmaster 8000 PP.

2000 PP is roughly equivalent to a single playthrough of Arcade Mode. You also earn them by playing multiplayer, doing character challenges and spending time in training mode.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I just checked, but PP isn't only earned by going online.

It's more like a currency? Kinda like marvel two? It's not very clear.

Akuma and Taskmaster are locked at the beginning of the game. To unlock them, players need to earn Player Points. Akuma unlocks at 2000 PP, Taskmaster 8000 PP.

2000 PP is roughly equivalent to a single playthrough of Arcade Mode. You also earn them by playing multiplayer, doing character challenges and spending time in training mode.
Sounds like the coins in Smash.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Sucks that Jill won't be downloadable for a while. ):

Oh well, I got most of my favorites already. Now to hope this games is balance.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Just gonna quickly come in and say that not everything Taskmaster uses based on a character in the game. In fact it seems like it is all moves he has copied in the comics (ie; the bow and arrow is from Hawkeye), and the only attacks that he has (that we have seen) that are from other characters movesets are Spidermans Web Swing, and Captain America's Charging Star, and Stars and Stripes.

FAKE EDIT: I am so strangely happy that I remembered the exact URL of the animated Zorua image in my photobucket.

Suspect

Smash Hero
I agree with the thread title so much.

Sounds like the coins in Smash.
In a sense I guess, but anyone who played the original MvC2 knows about the points and how you had to use them to get stages, characters and colors

double post, sorry :glare:

D

Deleted member

Kind of hoping there's a variation of Mega Man in Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 final roster (Since he is my favorite video game character) and if not, at least DLC.

That being said, considering that I got myself a PlayStation 3, I am anticipating this game a lot and will probably be the next PS3 game I get.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Supposedly, you can unlock them within a few hours regardless of skill level.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'm glad they got Demon Flip to work in this game too. I'm guessing it's DP+E and then an attack.
No, that probably isn't it because then how would he teleport. Maybe his Teleport is DP+AA and his supers are only QCF+AA, QCB+AA, and whatever the Raging Demon command is in this game (A A forward B C?). No, that's not it either since he has the Shoryureppa super.

Meh, I guess I'll just have to wait for a character demo or for the game to come out.

It would also be nice if you could plink the demon in this game (by which I mean ending it by pressing LK and HP at the same time).

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Sucks that Jill won't be downloadable for a while. ):

Oh well, I got most of my favorites already. Now to hope this games is balance.
balance does not make a game good.

Taskmaster looks aight. I wanna see his rushdown potential.

Edit: GATES since theres no ****ing way to get in contact with you (:mad:) are you on XBL?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
No, I'm on PSN.

And I disabled PMs and VMs so that SniperNightOwl will stop stalking me.

Suspect

Smash Hero
If any of you guys play MvC2 on psn, ill be more than happy to play you :D

and ill be getting MvC3 for ps3 also

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah, let's all play MvC2 on one day (I only have it for PSN).
My defense sucks though, so I'm pretty much free. lol

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, let's all play MvC2 on one day (I only have it for PSN).
My defense sucks though, so I'm pretty much free. lol

If your defense sucks, just play MSP. MSP never defends, it's too busy rushing down. lolol

Minato

穏やかじゃない
If your defense sucks, just play MSP. MSP never defends, it's too busy rushing down. lolol
That's what I do. That's pretty much my top tier team that I use because of your reasoning. lol
I really have problems getting past Cable and CapCom though. :ohwell:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
If they think 2 "article pictures" are going to stop me from not buying what's being said, they're crazier than I am. Was probably some bs thing like GamePro anyway.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Yes and no. You could have a super ****ty game thats really balanced and it would still be ****ty and you can have an amazing game that retardedly unbalanced but itll still be amazing. But youre right if it was balanced it would be MORE amazing.

Top Bottom