• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Gates

Banned via Warnings
That's what I do. That's pretty much my top tier team that I use because of your reasoning. lol
I really have problems getting past Cable and CapCom though. :ohwell:

Well, I only play Cable when I have 4.5 meters and as much as I love CapCom I haven't played Team Scrub in a while, so I can't really help you there. Just use your mobility and airdashes to punish assists and hopefully get the double snap. Taking out CapCom basically gives you air superiority for the whole match and unless Cable is mashing out DP (which you can punish with Psylocke) he'll have a very hard time facing down Magneto unless he plays really, really smart.

I was actually under the impression that Santhrax was a harder matchup for MSP than Scrub, but I don't play MSP so I'm not sure. All I really know about MSP is that you gotta get the Spiral trap down really damn quick against Magneto or you're halfway to losing.

If they think 2 "article pictures" are going to stop me from not buying what's being said, they're crazier than I am. Was probably some bs thing like GamePro anyway.
What are you guys talking about? That article is hilarious.

I like when they talk about Joe's mobility. **** 8-way airdashes, flight, or anything else. Having a TRIPLE JUMP is what you really need. And then they talk about less mobile characters than Arthur when really I can't think of anyone besides maybe Hulk or Ryu who's less mobile than him. The funniest thing is when they call using projectiles "the dark side". Hysterical.

And then they point out almost nothing that's negative and still give it an 8 out of 10. Completely makes sense. I haven't laughed this hard in a long time.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
If the game is bad, it's because of the gameplay. Balance can't make the game worse.

Is the point I was trying to make. :/

Though I've yet to be able to get into MvC2 partly because of it's balance. So I guess I am a bit more hopeful for this game's balance.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
MvC2 is very balanced once you accept the fact that there are only 15 or so characters in the game.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
The other characters are REALLY boring anyways. Why would you want to see 40 chars ground magic series -> air magic series -> special -> hyper all of the time?

My arcade doesnt have MvC2 anymore and I cant play Marvel on pad. i am sad. If anyone wants to body me on XBL hit me up.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
The other characters are REALLY boring anyways. Why would you want to see 40 chars ground magic series -> air magic series -> special -> hyper all of the time?
I don't know, why would you want to play TvC?

My arcade doesnt have MvC2 anymore and I cant play Marvel on pad. i am sad.
I thought you had a stick.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
So they can get three Darkstalker reps in the game but they can't even include Megaman? That makes sense.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
So they can get three Darkstalker reps in the game but they can't even include Megaman? That makes sense.
Don't worry MM will probably be DLC and that's totally the same as him already being in the game.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I was a little disappointed once we pretty much knew Mega Man wasn't going to be in the roster, but I got characters that I wanted even more and didn't know whether they'd make it or not (Tron and Hsien-Ko). I was curious on how they would revamp his moveset to make him better if he was in though.

Atlus8

Smash Master
I have been thinking about getting a stick for MvC3, but I just luv my pad too much! Also, I played GG at FFA one time and couldn't pull off anything! It would take me a good while until I feel comfortable enough to play stick at a tourny!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The funniest thing is when they call using projectiles "the dark side". Hysterical.
To be fair, they meant projectile spam+running away. In most games, that sort of play is always looked down on, from normal fighters, to Smash, to even Worms (where the developers actually called tunneling into the ground and hiding "The Dark Side")

Gates

Banned via Warnings
To be fair, they meant projectile spam+running away. In most games, that sort of play is always looked down on, from normal fighters, to Smash, to even Worms (where the developers actually called tunneling into the ground and hiding "The Dark Side")
Uhh, no, it's called zoning. It's only frowned upon if it's super ridiculously safe and there's no way to counter it like in Brawl. In like every SF and Versus game there have been lots of ways around fireballs.

Besides, runaway in MvC3 is a lot worse than runaway in MvC2 since whiffing normals doesn't build meter (and neither does whiffing specials iirc).

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I'm a god damn worm. Worms tunnel underground. Why ya gotta deny what I am? ;-P

Come to the dark side. We have cookies and mud.

In related news, Taskmaster looks fun. And Akuma seems... Different, but not.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Don't you mean Zero's combo's don't end in a super unless it's a Level 3. In TvC
Well Zero generally did not use Dark Hold in combo's either because it added almost nothing to the damage, even though it was really awesome.

Also supers weren't really used in combo's/in general (aside from a few, like Roll's healing, Counters (Doronjo, Karas, Saki), Blade's Crash Intrude, Jun's Mirage Swan, Polimar, Alex and Ippatsuman's grabs etc.), because of other, more useful options that required meter, and the lack of damage added by supers.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Uhh, no, it's called zoning. It's only frowned upon if it's super ridiculously safe and there's no way to counter it like in Brawl. In like every SF and Versus game there have been lots of ways around fireballs.
I'm not necessarily talking about competitive levels, and even then, a good competitive Falco in Melee can be a ***** to approach with good laser usage.

And what do you mean 'uh no'? I only said it was called 'The Dark Side' for Worms (named by the devs, no less)

I'm a god damn worm. Worms tunnel underground. Why ya gotta deny what I am? ;-P

Come to the dark side. We have cookies and mud.
I'd usually have one worm tunnel away somewhere and then attack with super sheep/homing missiles/pidgeons :p

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Scrubs be whining cause they can't deal with keep away characters and zoning. They better learn to stop taking the blue pill of suckage and take the red pill of adaptability.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
If you're not talking about competitive levels, who cares?
At first this looked like kind of an ******* post to me but then I realized that if you're casual you really shouldn't care.

I'm not sure if that was your point, though. This post still kind of rubs me the wrong way...

Gates

Banned via Warnings
At first this looked like kind of an ******* post to me but then I realized that if you're casual you really shouldn't care.

I'm not sure if that was your point, though. This post still kind of rubs me the wrong way...
No, I meant the way you said it.

Though I am an *******.

Landry

Smash Ace
I am surprisingly hyped for this. I never played MvC2 but I did really love TvC. Also, Dante is the coolest character ever. Should I get this when it comes out? As someone who hasn't played MvC2?

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Get it. Just ride this damn hype train all the way to GameStop and purchase this mother****er.

It's gonna be so sick. Worth it man.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Oh man, I just realized that I have yet to get a pre-order for this (Collectors Edition of course). I guess I will have to go do that tommorow when I am heading there to get the event shiny Entei.

Top Bottom