• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Any character close to how psylocke plays? Any mention of that yet
Seth Killian said that Haggar has an assist that's like Psylockes AA Assist.

That's about as close as you'll get probably.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
My initial team will be Dormammu/Arthur/MODOK. I mained Blackheart in MvC2 and Dormammu has been said to be like him, Arthur is my favorite character on the roster, and MODOK just looks like a fun character to play.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
<3 Psylocke.

I really enjoyed how she played in MvC2. I haven't really seen anyone close to her playstyle.

MAYBE Deadpool? :-/ I only mention cause of the teleports.
Deadpools closer to Cable than Psylocke.
This.

Deadpool's really not that close to Cable imo but he's a lot closer than Psylocke. Deadpool and Cable are similar in that they're both runaway characters, but Deadpool can't control space quite as well as Cable could, he doesn't have a real DP iirc, and there's no AHVB*4 (the closest is gun super KFC gun super).

Also, Deadpool's teleport can only be used twice in a match. It fails after the 3rd try and onward.

I never saw the appeal in her. Coming from a MSP player.
I think there's just a ton of invincibility on PsyBlade and it sets up for an easy ROM infinite (by easy I mean less execution heavy than normal). She also has a decent wavedash, a corner trap, and a Hail-like super, but she's really only there for her assist.

In terms of non-gameplay stuff, Psylocke...well, the way she was portrayed in this video is accurate.

cutter

Smash Champion
I think there's just a ton of invincibility on PsyBlade and it sets up for an easy ROM infinite (by easy I mean less execution heavy than normal). She also has a decent wavedash, a corner trap, and a Hail-like super, but she's really only there for her assist.
It's actually not that hard to set up the ROM infinite without Psylocke. Basically you go cr.LK, cr.HP, sj.HP, airdash down diagonally, and then sj.LK, sj.MK. You'll land on the ground and then be able to immediately go into the ROM or do whatever you want. I can actually do this setup on my keyboard as well as similar combos such as the Five Fierce. (No, I cannot do the ROM for no more than like 1 or 2 reps on my computer, but it's easy as **** to do it on a stick given enough practice :laugh:)

What makes Psylocke's AAA so powerful is not that it's just an easy ROM setup, but the fact it gives Magneto a completely unrollable OTG. Alternatively from the ROM, Mags can set up an unmashable Magnetic Tempest (Psylocke's AAA hits with deadweight and you can't do **** except eat the Tempest) or combo into Hyper Grav after the unrollable OTG following his cr.HK sweep. There's other stuff that Mags can do as well, and that's not even getting into his resets. Basically, Magneto does whatever the hell he wants after he gets a hitconfirm from cr.LK.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Does the ROM infinite work the same in both the DC version and PS3/360?
I think it feels a tiny bit different. Maybe I'm wrong.
But it's relatively more or less the same.

And Atlus, play me at MvC2 or SSFIV sometime. I haven't played you once yet.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
It's actually not that hard to set up the ROM infinite without Psylocke. Basically you go cr.LK, cr.HP, sj.HP, airdash down diagonally, and then sj.LK, sj.MK. You'll land on the ground and then be able to immediately go into the ROM or do whatever you want. I can actually do this setup on my keyboard as well as similar combos such as the Five Fierce. (No, I cannot do the ROM for no more than like 1 or 2 reps on my computer, but it's easy as **** to do it on a stick given enough practice :laugh:)

What makes Psylocke's AAA so powerful is not that it's just an easy ROM setup, but the fact it gives Magneto a completely unrollable OTG. Alternatively from the ROM, Mags can set up an unmashable Magnetic Tempest (Psylocke's AAA hits with deadweight and you can't do **** except eat the Tempest) or combo into Hyper Grav after the unrollable OTG following his cr.HK sweep. There's other stuff that Mags can do as well, and that's not even getting into his resets. Basically, Magneto does whatever the hell he wants after he gets a hitconfirm from cr.LK.
Thanks for explaining it way better than I ever could lol. I don't know much about the team dynamics of MSP since I'm not a Magneto player.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Well, MSP is a Pain for me to deal with since I go CCC and or CIP
I have no idea what either of those teams are.

The first one has a lot of different possibilities to it.
Cable/Cyclops/Commando?
Cable/Cammy/Commando?
Cable/Chun/Commando?
Cable/Charlie/Commando?
Cable/Colossus/Commando?
Any of the above with someone else in place of Cable and/or Commando?

The second one is more straightforward.
Cable/Iron Man/Psylocke?
The only other one I could think of is if you were using Iceman.

Psylocke is the only character in MvC2 whose name starts with a P. I know this because I sometimes mess around with The Real MSP - Morrigan/Spiderman/Psylocke.

But yeah, if you're using teams with some of the lower tier characters, MSP is going to be hard for you. IIRC, Santhrax is considered to be the best counter to MSP, with Scrub and Matrix being close behind. Generally though if you have Sentinel and a good AA assist your team has a slight degree of resistance to Magneto teams.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Damn gates. You didnt here me? I played BANSHEE. The gdlk Spiral player. I was blockin for 30 seconds straight. Swords and drones man. I thought you would like that since you play Spiral.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
lol it shows how much I follow competitive MvC2 that I don't actually know who Banshee is.

But I just watched a match of him, and yeah his Spiral is incredible. I could actually learn a lot from him since pretty much all I know how to do with Spiral is basic ground strings and the trap. I can't find any more videos of him though.

I'm surprised that you were blocking for only 30 seconds straight though. Maybe he had to stop to take a sip of water or something.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I was Sent so I couldnt really SJ out of it. The only time I wasnt blocking was when I SJ out with Jill. His combos were amazing. He kept them going with drones and he actually kept swords out and kept the combo going successfully. He also got his lvl 3 and hit it in the middle of a combo. It was ********. Launch at the end of a 60 hit combo -> lvl 3. so gdlk.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, Spiral's level 3 is great. I don't use it much because I like to save meter for Cable, but with Spiral you can basically just press buttons to get meter so I should work on those level 3 combos.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
You goin to play MvC2 after 3 drops?
idk, definitely not at first. I might go back to it from time to time though since I know my team isn't going to be in 3 and there probably isn't going to be an equivalent (closest would probably be Tron/Doom/filler with Tron's old drill trap).

Cable Cyclops Commando, And Cable Iron Psylocke.
Thought so.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
hai gaiz did u here dat SENTANEL IS DECONFIRMED LOLOLOL WHERE IS YOU'RE GOD NOW LEAK BIELEVERS!!?!?! LLOLOOLLOLOL

*get's sent's curb stomp*

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Just goes to show what I always say.

"Don't believe anything anyone says ever."

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
You can't link directly to 4chan images because the threads 404 quite often.

Go find that image, save it, and upload it to photobucket or something if you want to share it.
I originally had the pic posted, but Godhand edits and language.... yeah
Here's your ****ty censored version

kr3wman

Smash Master
the translator says 'there were characters from MvC2 we were pushing for, like Juggernaut and Sentinel. There are some characters we wanted to bring from the last game, but we couldn't.'

I don't know how that says Sentinel isn't MvC3

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
the translator says 'there were characters from MvC2 we were pushing for, like Juggernaut and Sentinel. There are some characters we wanted to bring from the last game, but we couldn't.'

The same way they said additional shotos or Vampire characters weren't in, and that Mega Man and Green Goblin were.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
What? This is what the translation says for me:

"In this sense, we wanted to bring back a couple of characters in MVC2 as Juggernaut and The Sentinel but could not."

Gates

Banned via Warnings
For me the translation said this:

"この意味で、我々はジャガーとSentinelなどMvC2から文字のカップルを取り戻そうと思ったが、私たちはできませんでした。"

"In this sense, we thought Jaguar MvC2 Sentinel and recover from a couple of characters, we could not."

Adon officially deconfirmed from MvC3. Sorry GamerBee.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord

Don't twist the quote, that's when you mess up. This is what he said:

"In this sense, we wanted to bring back a couple of characters from MvC2, such as Juggernaut and Sentinel, but we could not."

Now do you see how clear it is? Lol.

Top Bottom