• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
You know what this reminds me of?

There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now...

But no, you're right, that was perfectly clear, too.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
You know what this reminds me of?

There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now...

But no, you're right, that was perfectly clear, too.
I'm not saying it can't happen and they could easily lie about stuff to make that list not be perfectly accurate or whatever but *shrug*.

Why not go ask Seth Killian on Capcom-Unity?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I don't think the producer and director of the game would run around lying about who's in. That's not to say there's not some fluke possibility that Sentinel is in, but...

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Yatterman-2 was deconfirmed from TvC IIRC, so it's certainly possible that they could be pulling the same stunt.

Of course, if they're really going to do something like this for 2 games in a row, nobody will take any deconfirmations seriously anymore, lol.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So is it gonna be a tradition that developers deconfirm someone and then they show up? Way to go Sakurai for starting all this **** with Ness.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Seth also lied about Gen being good in SSFIV. Or at least viable.

Seth also lied about saying I didn't look fat in a t-shirt where I totally did.

Seth also never calls back.

He's a horrible person.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
I'm a little concerned about Pheonix. She has a slow projectile that follows you 'til you jump over it, a super to heal her damage (red bar), and she can teleport behind you with ease. The only that seems to balance this is her lv 3 which although it refills her health, it drains on it own.

And Ryu ****** sux. I haven't seen him do anything good.

Changed my team to Spiderman+Felicia+Deadpool or Taskmaster.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'm a little concerned about Pheonix. She has a slow projectile that follows you 'til you jump over it, a super to heal her damage (red bar), and she can teleport behind you with ease. The only that seems to balance this is her lv 3 which although it refills her health, it drains on it own.
That's not really a super, it's just something that happens when she dies and has 5 super bars. There's no way to activate it manually, it just triggers automatically if you meet the right conditions. I also haven't seen her use her healing super while in Dark Phoenix mode, so she might not be able to do it there. Then again, some people also thought MODOK couldn't block, so...

And Ryu ****** sux. I haven't seen him do anything good.
Yeah, Ryu would really be a lot better if he had an airdash. Unfortunately he doesn't, and he's probably going to suck because if it. Right now he just looks like MvC2 Cyclops only without everything that made him good (Optic Shot, a beam projectile instead of a fireball, no double jump, invincibility on DP is questionable and just generally can't zone as well).

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Ryu doesnt play like xmvsf Ryu. Thats his problem. And if you did any research what so ever you would know that Pheonix has the health of a small rodent. Touch her and shes done. Think Seth or Strider.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Yeah, Ryu would really be a lot better if he had an airdash. Unfortunately he doesn't, and he's probably going to suck because if it. Right now he just looks like MvC2 Cyclops only without everything that made him good (Optic Shot, a beam projectile instead of a fireball, no double jump, invincibility on DP is questionable and just generally can't zone as well).
Did Capcom really remove his airdash?! That sux big time!

And yes, Phoenix is a complete joke! I still can't believe how low her health his!

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
How the **** said she was a joke? Now thats where youre wrong. She looks RETARDEDLY GOOD AT EVERYTHING. To balance her out her health is like that. Its not like shes medeocre and has health like that.

And dude, projectilles dont mean **** in marvel. This aint SF. If it aint cable its done. Her 8-way AD and her quickness is what gets me.

Dam, too serious in this. Just wait till the game comes out; then you can cry. Either way, Marvel 3 is pretty fun from when I played it at E3 and Food Fight.

I wonder how many people will pick up the Sent/Storm/Mag team? I may just have to settle with Dante/Doom without strider. Maybe with Chris :)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Oh, so I guess that footage of Marn playing MvC2 wasn't deleted.

I definitely got my hopes up.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
So apparently we have some actual official word on Megaman's deconfirmation. I got this from a GameFAQs thread:

Niitsuma said:
If we were to adapt the original Mega Man character into a fighting game he would have to have a lot more extra moves and abilities, and that would then create a different Mega Man entirely. You couldn’t retain his original character as he is. So we looked into other Mega Mans, and decided that Zero had the best list of moves already in existence when it comes to fitting into a fighting game..
Honestly this sounds like laziness to me. They can come up with a fully working fighting-game moveset for Arthur and MODOK but they can't make one of their icons work, who has a ton of material for a moveset?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
.... wow. What *******s. Seriously. As much as I love Zero, MEGA MAN gets the shaft considering he's a staple in the series? **** that.

Here's an idea! If Mega Man KO's an opponent he has the option of taking their power that can be used in combos. Extra uniqueness right there, and falling in line with his copying of enemies.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, that's a bull**** reason for not including one of your most popular characters, Capcom.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
There's a lot of stuff they could've done to change Mega Man, but I guess using Zero was easier in the long run and wasn't as time consuming as thinking of a new moveset.

I'm actually fine with Mega Man not making the cut. We got Tron and Zero, and I really wanted those two.
Plus we got Arthur anyway to make up for Mega Man's play style. Here's hoping for DLC and hoping that they revamp him in the process.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Arthur > Mega Man. If you want to hold upback and throw projectiles all day while having an assist cover the ground, you can do that even more effectively than you ever could before. If you want to say how it's "not the same :c!!!!", then QQ more.

But seriously, as fun as classic Mega Man games are, he's one of the most uninspired and lackluster characters in MvC. Their reason is a totally valid and agreeable reason, Zero > MvC Mega man, Arthur > MvC Mega Man, Tron Bonne > MvC Mega Man, TvC Roll > MvC Mega Man, etc., Besides, he said the exact same thing for wanting Arthur in TvC back when it came out.

I'm more ticked about him saying Thing and Hulk are too similar, but Skrull is a fine compromise

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Seriously guys? This is ****ing CAPCOM. They make half ***** excuses for everything.

Why was Strider not included? "Because he wouldnt fit in with the rest on the cast". WTF? Arthur and MODOK do capcom? Why use dreadlock spencer? "Because it would be too weird going back to 8-bit." THAT MAKES NO SENSE CAPCOM. You could easily put rearmed Spencer on a 3D model. At least they came out and just said they were just too lazy to put Frank in.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
On the subject of Megaman, it has also been said that they did not just replace him with Zero, but really, they split his unique elements into three different characters so that instead of having one simple and uninteresting character with unique ideas going to waste, they could have three more interesting characters with more of a focus on the gimmick. Those three characters are Zero (Charge shot), Amateratsu (Weapon switch), and Arthur (Projectiles).

P.S. Yes, I know that Zero is not focused on the charge shot, but he makes up for that by being a Megaman character.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Capcom's making a bunch of ******** excuses here. What about X (Megaman X) Capcom? He's never been in a crossover before as far as I know while zero was in svc chaos, tvc and now mvc 3! Thats three ****ing games capcom! And the whole Strider thing is complete bs.

Top Bottom