• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Ecks

Smash Lord
Yeah but I just feel like Zero should have been the dlc, X being the main character and all.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Yes I know about that but it's like they've abandoned X (svc, tvc and mvc). Though I admit Zero works better than X in a fighting game.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
As far as X what would he have? His Falcon Armor, Command mission Armor? Shadow Armor? If he doesn't have any armor he can't air dash, unlike zero who gains that ability after beating Jet stingray in x4 (Though they added the lightning thing, I don't know where that's from...). As far as X I could see him in his. Fourth armor or Falcon. Maybe even his (God forbid) x8 Armor. What moves would he have? Im think That he should get frank west's real mega buster since you know it's obv x's. His dragon punch would be? Would he retain his "Saber" from x6? Super's would obv be Real mega Buster, Nova Strike? (aka invincible dash attack) His level 3 possibly his ultimate armor in command mission final strike?

Would he Hover?
I'd be broken if X or zero could jump on a wall and slide down and either air dash or Dash jump off of them like they do in the games. Or attack like that for the matter.

I'm trying to think what moves in any of his games after x4 would be in his move set.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I agree that thinking up a moveset for him would be annoying but I'm pretty sure capcom could come up with something.

I just really wanted X in a crossover but if they do make him dlc they'll think of something. kinda like how nintendo can adapt captain falcon and mario to smash. (yes I know it's a whole different thing. I'm just saying it can be done)

Yoshara

Smash Lord
They could come up with something and end up spending a lot of time on one character, or they could just put Zero in, considering Zero already has a definite moveset, and is a fan favorite (moreso than X actually), and they could use the time they saved to work on other new characters.

P.S. They probably are working on him as DLC, seeing as the DLC doesn't really have a deadline, and is pretty much decided purely by fan demand.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Nintendo adapting Captain Falcon to Smash was actually a pretty huge deal considering the fact that he's from a racing game where you almost never actually see him outside the character select screen.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Thats why it was easy. He was from a game where the only thing you had to stay true to is his damn car. You could make up everything else. They did a damn good job tho.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Now that I think about it X could end up being too similar to mvc megaman and I'm sure no one wants that. and deciding witch armor to give him (if any) would also be a concern so I can see now why they'd do zero first.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
It was actually really hard for Capcom to have Zero vs X; in Megaman x 5 if you choose Zero for the 3rd Zero virus stage It would be possible to fight X. Though All he did was Stood in one place charge special, dash in and used X buster. They never again made it possible for you to fight X. Copy X doesn't really apply I mean Copy X is just dumb.

Again Armor Possibilities if any

Fourth (x4, x5)

Falcon (x5, Air dash nerfed x6)

Blade (x6, Broken Air dash)

Shadow (x6, Ceiling stick)

Gaia (x5 LOL NO)

Glide armor (x7)

Icarus(Red) and Hermes(blue)
(x8)

Ultimate Armor (x4-x6)(rusted version x6)(Nova Strike)

Ultimate Armor (Command Mission)(Possible level 3 super)

X Fire (Command mission, First Hyper mode) (Melee attack)

Personally X Fire is the only one I can see where X actually punches the **** out of people.
Sorry for all the pics...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
My guess why Megaman was tossed aside was because he didn't bring anything new to the table. I was reading a rather good Eventscrubs comment gong into the thing. If I recall, it brought up some things like weapon switching done with Ammy, projectile spamming with Arthur, and a lot of specials with Dante. They might not have come with a good enough idea that was different from the other characters in time to come with something else for Megaman where he would stay faithful to his design.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Characters that I will be learning for sure:

Dante
Deadpool
Amaterasu

Others that have my interest:

Super Skrull
Mike Haggar (Very first grappler I actually like. STEEL PIPES, MAN.)
Wesker
Arthur

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I'm beginning to think that "not enough time, too much resources used that could be used towards finishing the game on time" excuse is hinting at possible DLC. They've got all the time in the world for that, right?

Yoshara

Smash Lord
You shouldn't worry too much, seeing as this, although similar in mindset, is a different beast when compared with MvC2, and it is pretty easy to learn as well (well, before the metagame really develops at least).

Lobos

Smash Master
How many people actually played mvc1 when it came out in the arcades? I remember hitting up the arcades back in the day for that.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
To tell the truth, while I did play MvC1 back in the day, I never really got into traditional 2D fighters until last year, when I played TvC and found it to be fun to learn combos and the game in general (also playing against real people helped).

Minato

穏やかじゃない
How many people actually played mvc1 when it came out in the arcades? I remember hitting up the arcades back in the day for that.
I remember going to the arcades to play Marvel Super Heroes. I was too young to play CotA when that was new though, but I'd watch my brother play it.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
We had one at the mall by my Dad's house but it eventually closed down, probably due to lack of business.

It was bull**** because all it became was some stupid picture frame shop or some ****.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
LOL no.

I haven't believed any rumors about the game to this date, including the ones that have been correct.

If it hadn't been confirmed at like the very start of the game, I wouldn't have believed that Ryu was in the game.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
No, that's the mouth laser from crouching fierce.

TRY HARDER SCRUB.

Top Bottom