• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
That RR didn't seem to be that special or anything to me but then again he never really did get much time to be on point that much.

The real reason that team did so well was the synergy between Joe and RR. That **** would drive me insane.

Niko45

Smash Master
Does anybody know a quick link to a good example of how to air grab spencer's zipline (with assist cover)? My friend air zips with task arrows and its ****ing unbelievably annoying.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I think chicken blocking the intial zipline is the way to go, then as he falls on you with air.h or s grab him.

I don't fight many Spencers though and it's just what I personally would try.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
last night, my roomie was playing this guy complaining about EVERYTHING, literally

at the point i walked in, my room mate was losing the series 4-19, so i took over (i'm a stick player and my roomie is a pad player, so i was playing on a pad)

at first i went dorm/wesker/doom and beat him 7 out of 8 times as he had some team with ammy
complaining that i was random hypering when i had low life, 2 bars, and saw him air dash (caught him way too many times with this, not exactly random if i keep hitting you with it, right?)

i then go to a hulk/sentinel/wesker team and he goes ammy/RR/arthur and tries telling me that hulk and sentinel beat all of these guys, all of them (i think we can all agree that hulk and sentinel should get ***** by that entire team and wesker loses to ammy), hulk is high tier and stuff like that, i beat him 6 out of 10 times here

he then picks my team to be chun-li, iron fist, and x-23 and beats me twice in a row

i try going my firebrand/skrull/sentinel (remember, i'm on a pad) and beats this team 3 times in a row

and then i go dormammu/wesker/sentinel and win like 11 of 13 and then he rage quits

the guy and his brother literally complained about everything i did (my roomie is pretty bad but this was a new level), i'd hyper then switch out, he'd try shooting out a fireball and i'd hyper, i'd let him approach me and i'd anti-air it, i'd kill him in 1 combo, i command grabbed him, etc

just felt good to crush a scrub

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
^Saw dat shiz last week. That draw was a shocker.

What isn't a shocker though is people still needing Wesker to win and their online lag ruining my perfect games.

Can't save replays so I don't care anymore.

EDIT: Ran into a Spanish-speaking player. Good thing I know a good amount.

Él le gusta mí Spiderman (comeback). Todos personas les gusta mí Spiderman. :cool:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I hate fighting my own characters and for some reason I feel like they should be free for me but then they start beating me up.

Any Chris, RR, or PW I fight I feel that way. Although I play Wesker, Frank West, Hulk, and Ammy as well they show up too often that it doesn't bother me anymore.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
-Snap Raccoon in
-Use strong zoning characters
-Learn how to block

Do even one of those things and he's free.
Well what would you expect from a gimmick team? I'm sure if any of those top players knew how to deal with that stuff before going straight into the match they would win.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Well what would you expect from a gimmick team? I'm sure if any of those top players knew how to deal with that stuff before going straight into the match they would win.
Yeah but it only took me like 60 seconds of spectating to figure how to fight that team. Heck Combofiend snapped in Raccoon game 1. His Nova was just figured out too quickly.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
-Snap Raccoon in
-Use strong zoning characters
-Learn how to block

Do even one of those things and he's free.
pretty sure he still won games when people snapped in the raccoon. also, how the HELL are you supposed to touch joe when he is triple jumping, using log trap, then red hot kick when you try to get close? also using the good old low voomerang spam. that strategy was mad solid

as for your zoning point, pretty sure all the good zoning teams at final round got beaten early on. chris G who has arguably the best pure zoning team right now got 9th. perhaps he would've done better with akuma over firebrand though..

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
seems like a lot of characters could do it. double/triple jump characters seem to like his assist a lot though.

seriously i think i want to use log trap assist over hsien ko now LOL. i'd have to weigh the pros and cons but i think RR might just be a better character overall and his assist is way bigger and faster, and doesn't require a meter for setup. i have been using hsien ko and iron fist assists on different teams, and log trap assist is like a combination of the two AND bigger/faster

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Back, and practicing Phoenix/Jill/Chun-Li. Surprisingly, it's not as terrible as it sounds. Also, the Vita port is pretty damned smooth. It actually runs better than my PS3.

DUB

Smash Lord
So I'm in the process of creating a Ghost Rider team. Heres what I'm looking at:

Point: Ghost Rider ( Hellfire)-I havent played around with his assist much.

2nd: Haggar (Lariat) or Sentinel (Charge).

Anchor- Hawkeye(Triple A) - this is open to change for synergy because Hawkeye is an entirely new character for me. I don't even know if he compliments GR but Triple arrow can sometimes help with getting confirms on H-->H.

Thoughts?Suggestions? Should a GR team be more geared towards keep away for patient aggression?

Also, on the RR subject, it leaves me to kind of wonder how much depth this game can continue to have. The synergy between his team is insane and it is a very unorthodox combination. How many other comps like this we will see? Meh, It's exciting to me because I'm tired of seeing Anyone/Doom/Wesker teams.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
It should be noted that a big part of his team was just being too ****ing small to properly combo. A lot of corner combos were being dropped on RR and Joe because of their size. Players really need to go back into that training mode and learn their combos on different chars.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
I really need to stop playing Ranked Match.

Maximum Spider whiffs on this 1st Lord scrub's Hawkeye. During my vulnerable state he does not do anything and my next attack beats his and I win. I guess that idiot though I was just crouching?

You can be a Master Lord and still be free. You only get that far because of derpy anchors like Strider and Wesker.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
It should be noted that a big part of his team was just being too ****ing small to properly combo. A lot of corner combos were being dropped on RR and Joe because of their size. Players really need to go back into that training mode and learn their combos on different chars.
Nobody drops combos against my RR ;_;

Anyways, I'm thinking about that Anti-Pheonix Tech with Frank. Maybe it can be applied with other characters.

RR can X-Factor and then Dig to avoid the Dark Pheonix Blast

Joe could X-Factor and Dodge it

TL?

Smash Ace
Nobody drops combos against my RR ;_;

Anyways, I'm thinking about that Anti-Pheonix Tech with Frank. Maybe it can be applied with other characters.

RR can X-Factor and then Dig to avoid the Dark Pheonix Blast

Joe could X-Factor and Dodge it
But that is only half of the tech. Frank has an air grab super too, which is inescapeable for phoenix if he can avoid the transformation "blast". Other characters with similar setups are she hulk and spiderman.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
actually, joe might be able to do it without x-factor as long as joe gets her on the ground, pretty sure mach speed will go through dark phoenix

but dodge to mach speed would be 983204832 times more badass

Niko45

Smash Master
Personally I thought if people just x factored and killed Joe as soon as they got a hold of him they'd do fine. No need to get cute snapping in raccoon. Just deal with level 1 frank afterwards and it shouldn't be that big of a problem. Viewtiful Joe was the biggest problem (in conjunction with the assist).

sanchaz

Smash Lord
I really need to stop playing Ranked Match.

Maximum Spider whiffs on this 1st Lord scrub's Hawkeye. During my vulnerable state he does not do anything and my next attack beats his and I win. I guess that idiot though I was just crouching?

You can be a Master Lord and still be free. You only get that far because of derpy anchors like Strider and Wesker.
are you on psn?

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
are you on psn?
Yes sir. I remember timing you out cause I couldn't fight your Zero.

@GreenAce, I rarely brag about being good, but I really doubt people's skill especially online.

I'd beat 80% of online people for free if it weren't for lag. Seriously, I go into a game with a 5 bar and the game lags to like 5 fps halfway through.

Top Bottom